Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: Nashville TN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 16, 2015 02:21

flacnvinyl
Brstonesfan
In the same way that Mayer forced the band to rise to his level, Brad Paisley has the ability to inspire them to not coast on this one.

Mayer forced them to rise to his level? That's a joke! John is a handsome guy with a guitar, dating actresses and pop singers, he's on the technically skilled level but not exciting at all. He is not at the level to force Mick or Keith in any situation.

Posted by: KJ56 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 02:27

I was hoping for a big surprise.......like Paisley guesting on Far Away Eyes!!! I think that would be so awesome!!!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 16, 2015 03:18

I am hoping for some surprises with the set list, maybe playing in Nashville will spur some changes. Either way, I'm looking forward to the concert and some good times in Music City.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 03:22 by RSbestbandever.

Date: June 16, 2015 03:24

Time to pack, gotta make sure I take my IORR shirt, haven't wore it out since I got it. Time to bring out the good stuff so it's going to Nashville.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 16, 2015 11:12

From4tilLate
Hi everybody,
Some of you might know me. I lurk here a lot.
I was in a rather horrendous car crash on Friday in Kentucky on my way to a gig, and I have a cracked pelvis and a lot of bruises and other damage. I have tickets to take my son to see the Stones in Nashville (where I live) this wednesday. Does anyone know about wheelchair access or how to get it? I've never had to be in a wheelchair before so I don't know who to call or where to call to see if I can get me and my son into LP Field and find a place where they put wheelchair-bound people like me.
Thanks in advance for any help or insight,
Tommy W

Wow From4tilLate - wishing you a smooth and well-medicated recovery!
Here's the page about access at LP Field: [www.titansonline.com]
and here are the only contact numbers I could locate for them:
615-565-4200 (Ticket Office)
615-565-4300 (LP Field Administration)
I'm sure they'll do right by you. Enjoy the hell out of the show!

Date: June 16, 2015 13:09

Off to Nashville, see everyone there.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 16, 2015 14:53

does LP field stand for LES PAUL ?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:04

LP stands for "Lonesome poolboy" grinning smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:06

My dad moved things around and is now confirmed! Woohoo!

Will any IORRers be at any preshow party locations?

Date: June 16, 2015 15:09

Pre and post party is at Baileys bar located on Broadway near 4th, the manager has set aside a large area for us and will be playing all Stones. Hope to see you there!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:09

flacnvinyl
My dad moved things around and is now confirmed! Woohoo!
smileys with beer HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:22

TheGreek
does LP field stand for LES PAUL ?

Louisiana-Pacific.

[lpcorp.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 16, 2015 16:22

keefed
flacnvinyl
Brstonesfan
In the same way that Mayer forced the band to rise to his level, Brad Paisley has the ability to inspire them to not coast on this one.

Mayer forced them to rise to his level? That's a joke! John is a handsome guy with a guitar, dating actresses and pop singers, he's on the technically skilled level but not exciting at all. He is not at the level to force Mick or Keith in any situation.

Mayer can play. He has some pretty serious chops.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 16, 2015 18:28

I think it would be cool if they played a cover with Paisley, like that Waylon song they did in Austin 06. Maybe something a bit faster though so he could really play.
Paisley has an awesome version of "Let the Good Times Roll" recorded with BB King on his "Play" album. Which he has actually played with Ronnie before in London, think theres a couple threads about that from back in 2010 or '11.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:29

drbryant
keefed
flacnvinyl
Brstonesfan

Mayer can play. He has some pretty serious chops.

John Mayer will Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead at an amazing venue in california this last weekend spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:33

Apologies if this has already been posted but a glamorous traveler has suggested
that some of you in Nashville might be interested in this:

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:36

KJ56
I was hoping for a big surprise.......like Paisley guesting on Far Away Eyes!!! I think that would be so awesome!!!

That would be my vote for him to guest on as well... Awesome is right!

Re: Nashville TN USA Rolling Stones 2015 Booby Keys Tribute, Mercy Lounge
Posted by: Maura94 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Anyone have a ticket to tonights Bobby Keys Tribute here in Nashville?

Will buy you drinks!!!

Please text me at 201-788-7829

Thanks

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:02

with sssoul
Apologies if this has already been posted but a glamorous traveler has suggested

looks like it might be a fun stop!

and you could leave with a Real Life Fender Guitar!!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:03

with sssoul

That's interesting. This event will take place at the other cities of the US tour, too.

Pittsburgh, on June 19;
Kansas City, on June 26;
Raleigh, on June 30;
Indianapolis, on July 3;
Detroit, on July 7;
Buffalo, on July 10.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 20:04 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:13

Cool event.
Went to it in San Diego..

Bought a shirt mainly to get the cool pins and bag cool smiley.

Also got a good look at their $1200 jean jacket done in a motorcycle club style.
Took my Levis jacket to a custom embroider to make one exactly like it ($64)..
(I hope.. find out when I get it back tomorrow)

Posted by: JagFan ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:18

I made it to Nashville from Phx for tomorrow night's show! Staying on 2nd Ave. right near LP Field. I am new to the board (but not to the Stones) LOL, and will try to make it to pre-show party location. Hope everyone has a great time at the concert!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:21

Has anyone received an email on when/where to pick up the Lucky Dips? If so, please post details here. I have not received anything yet, but I never did for Columbus either, except for someone posting it here.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:30

Hi, I am flying in tomorrow for the show. I don't know Nashville well. I am staying at The Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt (1919 West End Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203). According to Google, it's a 2 mile walk to the stadium. Is that a safe walk in the dark? I've been told I will be good, but would love some local knowledge.
Thanks!

Posted by: fruitless ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:31

Here was my lucky dip email - it came from AEG Live AllAccess:

To pick-up your tickets, please go to the Lucky Dip Entrance located at LP Field Gate 1. It is located on the East side of LP Field, next to the Box Office windows.

Seating locations are pulled at random. The line forms starting at 5pm - do not arrive early. Tickets will be issued starting at 6pm.

We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure that these tickets go to Stones fans and don't end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices. We appreciate your attention to the following, so that you have the best experience possible:

Your picture ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. You will not be permitted to pick up your tickets without these three (3) items.

You must pick-up your tickets in person, along with your guest. Once you pick-up your tickets at LP Field Gate 1, you will need to immediately enter the venue for the show. Please note there is no re-entry to the event.

If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and you will not be entitled to any refund.

Parking and Driving Directions are found here: TitansOnline.com

Enjoy the show!

Posted by: fruitless ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:36

longhorn14, the walk is plenty safe, I would say. It's just pretty lengthy... I would suggest using Uber or Lyft. It's 90 degrees here today and super humid!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:40

Just walked through the city of Nashville. Very different from Atlanta and Orlando. Nashville has goot room for everybody, also the homeless. I love the atmosphere, the live music in every bar, the heat, the rough streets, the real life, the Johnny Cash museum and all the other parts of this city. May be Pittsburgh will have to wait for a day more before I arrive there, there is so much to see and do here in Nashville.

Also loved the patio area of the ROCK BOTTOM BREWERY & BAR/RESTAURANT on 111 Broadway, on the other side of the street from the Hard Rock cafe.

[www.rockbottom.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: keef94 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:46

BV--welcome to Music City! I recommend Robert's Western World for music--they don't play that bro-Country garbage. More like old country, rockabilly, etc. Jack's barbecue is good too; I recommend the beef brisket.

Rock Bottom is a good location, but I like the food & drink a little better at Acme. They've got a rooftop bar as well. Tootsie's is another location with a good rooftop bar.

Are you going to Mercy Lounge tonight?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:54

keef94
BV--welcome to Music City! I recommend Robert's Western World for music--they don't play that bro-Country garbage. More like old country, rockabilly, etc. Jack's barbecue is good too; I recommend the beef brisket.

Rock Bottom is a good location, but I like the food & drink a little better at Acme. They've got a rooftop bar as well. Tootsie's is another location with a good rooftop bar.

Are you going to Mercy Lounge tonight?

It is true that the beer is better than the food at Rock Bottom. I liked it because of the location not the food... In fact the food tasted like my shoes... The next door ACME seems to be fine. Is that a recommended meeting place? I will check it out tomorrow:

Acme Feed & Seed - 101 Broadway, Nashville

[theacmenashville.com]

I will try to get to the Mercy Lounge tonight, just need to get a confirmation on the ticket not yet on my hand...

Bjornulf

Posted by: keef94 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:00

I like Acme for grabbing something quick before a show, because the food's not bad and the service is quick. You order at the counter, and they bring it to the table. If it's jammed downstairs, the upstairs floors are available. There are lots of local beers on tap. I think it's a better selection than Rock Bottom.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home