Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14
Re: Nashville TN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 15, 2015 02:19

Aquamarine
thecitadel
It hot here in Nashville and is forecast to get even hotter by Wednesday... and thats before the Stones get on stage!!

Well, it's mid-June. grinning smiley Would have been kind of shocking if it wasn't hot! But after the sun goes down it's quite bearable.

It's been beastly hot here, can only imagine what it's like in Nashville. I'm glad they're not coming on until sundown. Starting to re-think wearing my ankle boots. smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2015 02:35

latebloomer
Aquamarine
thecitadel
It hot here in Nashville and is forecast to get even hotter by Wednesday... and thats before the Stones get on stage!!

Well, it's mid-June. grinning smiley Would have been kind of shocking if it wasn't hot! But after the sun goes down it's quite bearable.

It's been beastly hot here, can only imagine what it's like in Nashville. I'm glad they're not coming on until sundown. Starting to re-think wearing my ankle boots. smiling smiley

I wear mine come hell, heat, or high water, latebloomer. grinning smiley

Date: June 15, 2015 02:57

Aquamarine
latebloomer
Aquamarine
thecitadel

I wear mine come hell, heat, or high water, latebloomer. grinning smiley

Got it, Aqua. Now the only question is, which ones to wear? I wish I didn't always over pack, but I need my shoes, and all my clothes, my hair stuff, make up, and....it's a good thing I don't travel for a living. grinning smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 15, 2015 03:11

Any locals know of any 'Head' shops?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 15, 2015 03:19

Sorry, might be off-topic slightly but just wondering if Keith might head out to Franklin to see the Keys family. Would be a nice gesture.

Posted by: aftergeography ()
Date: June 15, 2015 05:22

Looking forward to the show! Grabbed a couple of lucky dip tickets…

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: June 15, 2015 06:07

What happened to the IORR meeting bars before the shows?
Did I miss the post for Nashville?

Which one is it?

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 15, 2015 06:47

Hi everybody,
Some of you might know me. I lurk here a lot.
I was in a rather horrendous car crash on Friday in Kentucky on my way to a gig, and I have a cracked pelvis and a lot of bruises and other damage. I have tickets to take my son to see the Stones in Nashville (where I live) this wednesday. Does anyone know about wheelchair access or how to get it? I've never had to be in a wheelchair before so I don't know who to call or where to call to see if I can get me and my son into LP Field and find a place where they put wheelchair-bound people like me.
Thanks in advance for any help or insight,
Tommy W

Posted by: JackStraw ()
Date: June 15, 2015 06:51

That Sucks! I wish you a Speedy Recovery. I would recommend contacting both the Stadium and TicketMaster for instructions.

Date: June 15, 2015 06:54

Get well soon, From4tilLate. My advice is the same as JackStraw's. The venue should be able to change your seat to wheelchair access.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 15, 2015 07:23

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:16 by colonial.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 15, 2015 07:28

From4tilLate
... I was in a rather horrendous car crash on Friday in Kentucky on my way to a gig, and I have a cracked pelvis and a lot of bruises and other damage. I have tickets to take my son to see the Stones in Nashville (where I live) this wednesday. Does anyone know about wheelchair access or how to get it? I've never had to be in a wheelchair before so I don't know who to call or where to call to see if I can get me and my son into LP Field and find a place where they put wheelchair-bound people like me. ...

ADA compliance varies from venue to venue. If the staff is intelligent and knowledgeable, they will find a way to help you out. You really need to get on the phone and speak to whomever is in charge of Guest Services (or whatever) at the venue.

The Orlando Citrus Bowl was an ADA lawsuit ripe for the picking. The handicap parking lots were 2-4 city blocks away from the specified entrance gate, which was at the far end of the stadium (opposite of the stage). They were supposed to provide golf cart shuttles after the show, but none of the staff had heard anything about it. I saw dozens of people with canes, wheelchairs and motorized wheelchairs laboring to cross dirt inclines after the show. I even saw one poor guy in a wheelchair struggling to wheel himself through soft dirt that was several inches deep.

One of the reasons they are supposed to provide special accommodations for people with disabilities is that it can be very dangerous for them to try to navigate through stairs and other obstacles in a crowd situation. It is especially dangerous in a very drunken crowd situation.

When you are asking the staff for help, make it clear to them that you are genuinely concerned about the safety of yourself, your companion/caregiver and the other concertgoers. If they're smart, they won't want anybody to get hurt and they won't want to be sued.

Don't forget, Ahmet died as a result of a fall at a Stones concert.

BTW, sorry to hear about your injuries. A Stones concert sounds like the best medicine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 07:33 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2015 09:28

colonial
Nashville isn't that Johnny Cash turf..what's the vibe like between Country Westerner's and Rock'n'Rollers while The Stones are in town..yea smoking smiley

Nashville is a LOT more than just country--people in that city just love music. The vibe is great, I've never been aware of any issues. smiling smiley

Get well soon, From4TilLate, good luck and I hope they accommodate you without difficulty.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 15, 2015 10:59

Sorry to hear about the accident Tommy W and hope you make a speedy recovery.

Hope you get good wheelchair access and you and your son have a great night at the gig. thumbs up

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:48

Aquamarine
colonial
Nashville isn't that Johnny Cash turf..what's the vibe like between Country Westerner's and Rock'n'Rollers while The Stones are in town..yea smoking smiley

Nashville is a LOT more than just country--people in that city just love music. The vibe is great, I've never been aware of any issues. smiling smiley

Get well soon, From4TilLate, good luck and I hope they accommodate you without difficulty.

This was the show I decided I'd try to come over from the UK for (but it wasn't to be). Definitely still plan on visiting Nashville another time.

Wish you well soon too, From4TilLate. Really hope you get wheelchair access sorted - and have a great show with your son.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:51

Best wishes for a speedy recovery From4tilllate and have a great time at the concert.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:55

We leave early tomorrow morning for Nashville and a day or two of checking out the city before going to the concert. Hope to take some good pictures and meet some fellow IORR'ers during our time there. Got tickets on the floor and looking forward to the best concert of the tour so far, hope it doesn't rain, lol.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:04

From4tilLate
Hi everybody,
Some of you might know me. I lurk here a lot.
I was in a rather horrendous car crash on Friday in Kentucky on my way to a gig, and I have a cracked pelvis and a lot of bruises and other damage. I have tickets to take my son to see the Stones in Nashville (where I live) this wednesday. Does anyone know about wheelchair access or how to get it? I've never had to be in a wheelchair before so I don't know who to call or where to call to see if I can get me and my son into LP Field and find a place where they put wheelchair-bound people like me.
Thanks in advance for any help or insight,
Tommy W

Call Ticketmaster today, explain the situation and they should be able to exchange your tix for a pair in ADA section (which, as this is an NFL stadium, will be pretty big)

Posted by: mrw1zard ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:01

Where do we go to claim lucky dip tickets Wednesday? Is there a certain gate, or time, or just to Will Call? I haven't seen any emails about it.
Thanks!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:15

mrw1zard
Where do we go to claim lucky dip tickets Wednesday? Is there a certain gate, or time, or just to Will Call? I haven't seen any emails about it.
Thanks!

Lucky Dip for Atlanta was under a little tent away from everything else. Several employees gave me misinformation as to where to go. Will Call is not the correct answer. My advice is to allow enough time to make a complete circle around the stadium and you will eventually see it.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:18

Lucky Dip in orlando was a window in the side of the stadium. No signs except above the window.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:20

Ok I had a crazy change of plans. My dad cannot attend Wednesday. I have ONE ticket available. Section E row 11.. Face value. Touch base via email if interested...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:35

flacnvinyl
Ok I had a crazy change of plans. My dad cannot attend Wednesday. I have ONE ticket available. Section E row 11.. Face value. Touch base via email if interested...

There's a guy looking for one ticket for Nashville on the Ticket Trader forum.

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:44

did anybody get a vip ticket to the nashville show? if so what time do you have to be at the stadium? i have one for the raleigh show july 1st. want to get an idea of what time to leave and arrive at show. thanks for any info.
have fun in nashville!

Date: June 15, 2015 22:13

Cristiano Radtke
flacnvinyl

Cool, just got in touch. I completely forgot about that forum!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 15, 2015 22:26

This will be a great show. Paisley will guest on Dead Flowers?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2015 22:40

flacnvinyl
Cristiano Radtke
flacnvinyl

Cool, just got in touch. I completely forgot about that forum!

thumbs up

Date: June 16, 2015 00:32

Brstonesfan
This will be a great show. Paisley will guest on Dead Flowers?

We are all betting Paisley will guest on Dead Flowers. That being said, I hope they surprise us and have him play on Respectable or something like that. Everyone predicted John Mayer would play on a blues tune, and then they rocked out Respectable to incredible heights. In the same way that Mayer forced the band to rise to his level, Brad Paisley has the ability to inspire them to not coast on this one.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 16, 2015 02:15

Aquamarine
colonial

Indeed. Besides so much country these days incorporates elements of rock. Not quite as much as a few years back but I know quite a few country artists who are rockers at heart and basically just use country as a medium to be more successful. I doubt there is a country guitarist in the Nashville area these days who doesn't know how to play a few Stones songs. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 02:20

I've got 2 floor tickets in the Ticket Trader section:
[www.iorr.org]

Will sell for less than face.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home