Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Nashville TN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:28

Tony is there a better way to get off 40 to lot A side of stadium? If not I assume all my exits will be in the right lane side. My pass says this Lot A must be accessed from the north. Fans coming from south or east must use I 40 to I 65 north around the city to get to I 24 east. Then take James Robertson Pkwy exit. Does that sound right?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:41

tumblingdice
Tony is there a better way to get off 40 to lot A side of stadium? If not I assume all my exits will be in the right lane side. My pass says this Lot A must be accessed from the north. Fans coming from south or east must use I 40 to I 65 north around the city to get to I 24 east. Then take James Robertson Pkwy exit. Does that sound right?

24/65 is the same exit in that area off of 40. I think it is mile marker 211. You will see the stadium to your right as you merge and then James Robertson Parkway is less than two miles off of that. Not that hard except for the heavy traffic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 00:43 by tonyc.

Date: June 12, 2015 00:48

The parking pass made it sound as if I have to drive around the city and come in from the north to access it. . I'm a bit worried as I know traffic will be rough and I'm always nervous about new areas in large cities / traffic . Wish I could go early and scout it out lol.

Date: June 12, 2015 00:52

tumblingdice
The parking pass made it sound as if I have to drive around the city and come in from the north to access it. . I'm a bit worried as I know traffic will be rough and I'm always nervous about new areas in large cities / traffic . Wish I could go early and scout it out lol.

No. Downtown will be in front of you. There is an interstate loop around downtown but you will be taking the first loop so everything will be in front of you. I do not think you will have any problem not seeing it. Traffic will be your only concern.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 00:55 by tonyc.

Date: June 12, 2015 01:24

Thanks for the info. Hope it goes smoothly and hoping for a great show like Atlanta.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:22

tonyc
If you want to get out quickly, you may be better off using the pedestrian walkway over the river after the concert and get your car from a parking lot in the area near Broadway. Then, you can get on whatever Interstate you need on that side of the city away from all the traffic at LP Field.

Game on. That's the plan.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: June 12, 2015 07:31

erikjjf
BitchKeepsBitchin
For the Nashville fans, Bobby Keys old band, the Suffering Bastards are doing a tribute show to Bobby the night before the Stones show/

Event poster:

Well, it's sold out. Was anyone able to get a ticket? I'm kicking myself that I didn't check this thread yesterday.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 12, 2015 15:33

Look at this thread and you might be in luck (spare tickets on offer):

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:35

Anyone still needing lodging, just canceled two rooms at Downtown Double Tree for Wed. June 17th.

Date: June 13, 2015 01:04

Let's get my Beast of Burden campaign for Nashville started. Tied for my favorite song yet never got it live. I know it hasn't really been on the radar this tour but I thought someone said it was rehearsed. Maybe get it for a vote song? If so you guys help me get it voted if it can. This will likely be my last chance.

Date: June 13, 2015 05:49

tumblingdice
Let's get my Beast of Burden campaign for Nashville started. Tied for my favorite song yet never got it live. I know it hasn't really been on the radar this tour but I thought someone said it was rehearsed. Maybe get it for a vote song? If so you guys help me get it voted if it can. This will likely be my last chance.

You misspelled LITTLE QUEENIE! smileys with beer

Date: June 13, 2015 06:06

flacnvinyl
tumblingdice

You misspelled LITTLE QUEENIE! smileys with beer
LOL Drake!! I got LQ in Orlando 97 on the B stage and it was good! Small chance I know but hoping I get Beast of Burden On what will probably be my last show unless they come back this way in the future.

Date: June 13, 2015 06:41

We got next!!! Let's do it!

Date: June 13, 2015 06:46

Beast of Burden is a great track. I have met tons of fans who would list it in their top tracks. Unfortunately I am betting we'll get Wild Horses and Dead Flowers in Nashville. Those are the two songs I am always tempted to skip when listening to the record. I am praying for Sister Morphine and CYHMK but preparing to not be surprised.

Posted by: aumatl ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:50

flacnvinyl
Beast of Burden is a great track. I have met tons of fans who would list it in their top tracks. Unfortunately I am betting we'll get Wild Horses and Dead Flowers in Nashville. Those are the two songs I am always tempted to skip when listening to the record. I am praying for Sister Morphine and CYHMK but preparing to not be surprised.

Oh we will get Dead Flowers and we will get it with Brad Paisley.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:52

Nashville Scene has a write up about the Stones, FYI.
[m.nashvillescene.com]

Date: June 13, 2015 06:59

Yeah I figured that from the start, since it's in Nashville they will think we want to hear country. Not so Mick, not so!! And keep Brad Paisley off the stage with you. No guest spot.....please!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:36

Heading to Nashville either Monday or early Tuesday morning to have some extra party time before the concert. Look forward to meeting other IORR'ers before and during the concert, will be wearing my IORR shirt for sure.

Date: June 13, 2015 18:39

Nashville 1997 setlist...

Satisfaction
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Let's Spend the Night Together
Flip the Switch
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby?
Bitch
Out of Control
Far Away Eyes (fan vote)
Miss You
All About You
Wanna Hold You
Little Queenie (B-Stage)
The Last Time (B-Stage)
You Got Me Rocking (B-Stage)
Sympathy for the Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

KILLER setlist. Sister Morphine and Bitch played last time. What do you bet we hear Wild Horses, Dead Flowers and Bitch?

Honestly, I am hoping that the Stones view Nashvegas as a music town audience who needs to be impressed. To that extent, I'd hope for Sister Morphine and Can't You Hear Me Knocking. And ofcourse Star Star and Little Queenie tied for the fan vote, so they have to play both.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:44

So Drake you weren't in Nashville in '97? Too bad since you're longing for a Berry number...

Posted by: MSMOONLIGHT ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:09

We're up next Nashville! Although I am far from being a new Stones fan, I am new here. I hope this thread doesn't get bogged down with complaints and folks speaking bad about the shows like others have. As for me, I am simply honored to have the chance to breathe the same air as the greatest rock band in the world! I was in Atlanta and it was the best night of my life. I am spending all of my vacation time and money just to follow these guys for a few weeks! I am a fan for life and would never complain about what they play, I am just glad to witness it!

Date: June 13, 2015 22:21

Nikkei
So Drake you weren't in Nashville in '97? Too bad since you're longing for a Berry number...

Very true, but there are tons of bootlegs for me to enjoy so no worries. All of us want to see a stellar show with a really cool setlist. Respectable got played a good bit on the last go round and that is a very Berryish tune! I just hope the fan vote is solid and not a country tune.

MSMOONLIGHT welcome aboard! This is the best forum for Stones fans anywhere online!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:25

Do you think they'll re-name LP Field to HP Field for the night, in honour of Keith? grinning smiley

Date: June 13, 2015 23:00

flacnvinyl
Nashville 1997 setlist...

Satisfaction
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Let's Spend the Night Together
Flip the Switch
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby?
Bitch
Out of Control
Far Away Eyes (fan vote)
Miss You
All About You
Wanna Hold You
Little Queenie (B-Stage)
The Last Time (B-Stage)
You Got Me Rocking (B-Stage)
Sympathy for the Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

KILLER setlist. Sister Morphine and Bitch played last time. What do you bet we hear Wild Horses, Dead Flowers and Bitch?

Honestly, I am hoping that the Stones view Nashvegas as a music town audience who needs to be impressed. To that extent, I'd hope for Sister Morphine and Can't You Hear Me Knocking. And ofcourse Star Star and Little Queenie tied for the fan vote, so they have to play both.

I think Atlanta got their "A" setlist and Orlando their "B" setlist. They will be back to their "A" setlist for Nashville. "Dead Flowers" and other rarities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 23:01 by tonyc.

Posted by: MSMOONLIGHT ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:54

Thanks flacnvinyl!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:10

tonyc
I think Atlanta got their "A" setlist and Orlando their "B" setlist. They will be back to their "A" setlist for Nashville. "Dead Flowers" and other rarities.

I agree although I hardly consider Dead Flowers a rarity considering it has been performed on stage in 1970-71, 1973, 1976, 1989-90, 1994-95, 1997-99, 2002-03, 2005-07, 2012-15.

Hoping Nashville will get a countrified show in any case. They do such a great job every time they even hint at country.

peace

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:32

Hello, hello, hello Nashville! We are finally at our first stop of the tour (after leaving Alaska June 1st!)

Got here early to see family, but looking fwd to meeting new friends at the show smiling smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 14, 2015 17:53

It hot here in Nashville and is forecast to get even hotter by Wednesday... and thats before the Stones get on stage!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 14, 2015 18:17

Reagan
erikjjf
BitchKeepsBitchin
For the Nashville fans, Bobby Keys old band, the Suffering Bastards are doing a tribute show to Bobby the night before the Stones show/

Event poster:

Well, it's sold out. Was anyone able to get a ticket? I'm kicking myself that I didn't check this thread yesterday.

As a fan of both Bobby and cool/vintage posters.. I would love to get my hands on one of these... Going to try to contact venue.. but not likely.. very cool though,, thanks for posting!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2015 00:31

thecitadel
It hot here in Nashville and is forecast to get even hotter by Wednesday... and thats before the Stones get on stage!!

Well, it's mid-June. grinning smiley Would have been kind of shocking if it wasn't hot! But after the sun goes down it's quite bearable.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home