Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: Nashville TN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Maura94 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:26

For what I oaid I should be in C. Just thought since there are only 15 shows would be hard to get up close. Oh well! Yes 2nd row in front of Keith, shouldn't complain.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 10, 2015 05:33

tnhybrid
Folks - book your hotel rooms NOW. Downtown Nash is a tourist destination and the hotels are probably already partly gone just due to normal course of thingsā€¦ they will sell out or charge $500 per night once GA starts.

Note that there's a decent hostel on 1st Avenue within walking distance of the venue if you're into that kind of thing: [www.nashvilledowntownhostel.com]

I also like the Best Western on Demonbreun - less expensive than some other options. [www.nashvillebestwestern.com]

Thanks for the info, I tried Best Western but they want a two night confirmation stay so since I only need a room for one night I will have to check elsewhere.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:36

On eBay there is an auction for 'parking passes' near the stadium.
They are not in a place I would feel comfortable walking from/to, just FYI.

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:56

You can take a cheap uber from your hotel to lower Broadway where the bars are and walk across a pedestrian bridge to the stadium.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:35

I have tentatively booked a room at the Embassy Suites on Broadway but after looking at the map, looks like the hotel is further away from the pedestrian bridge then the reservation clerk told me, he said it was only four blocks from the hotel to the walkway.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:38

You are correct. The Embassy is not really a walkable distance, and there is a lot of traffic you would be contending with as a pedestrian. If you want to use Uber, Lift or a local cab you could get it to take you to Lower Broadway where the "honky tonks" are and then walk over later. The Hotels downtown are going to be close to $400-$500/night.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:47

Thanks Awebb7 for the info, I will continue to check out hotels closer to the pedestrian bridge as there may be some cancellations if some ticket plans fall thru. I will keep my reservation for the time being at the Embassy as the agent said there might be shuttle service to the concert though I won't count on it.

Posted by: ajduffel83 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:49

I am hoping the noise ordinance is for 11:30 or 12. With the shows at 8pm, and 45-50 minutes for an opener, that puts the Stones on at 9:15 or 9:30.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 18:47 by ajduffel83.

Date: April 10, 2015 20:52

RSbestbandever
Thanks Awebb7 for the info, I will continue to check out hotels closer to the pedestrian bridge as there may be some cancellations if some ticket plans fall thru. I will keep my reservation for the time being at the Embassy as the agent said there might be shuttle service to the concert though I won't count on it.

Absolutely keep the reservation. This weekend the NRA convention is in town and the local news said there was no vacancy within 50 miles of downtown.

I'm a native Nashvillian, and still here so I'll try to help with any questions.

Date: April 10, 2015 21:27

awebb7
RSbestbandever

Absolutely keep the reservation. This weekend the NRA convention is in town and the local news said there was no vacancy within 50 miles of downtown.

I'm a native Nashvillian, and still here so I'll try to help with any questions.

Lol, thanks again then, I will probably have a ton of questions about Nashville and the area in the weeks leading up to the concert. My better half is wanting to get there early and check out some interesting places in the downtown area so any help or information will certainly be appreciated.

Date: April 10, 2015 23:41

Thanks Aweb for the info. Is the Best Western on Division street faerie by UBER from where these Honky Tonks are on Broadway?

Thanks

Date: April 11, 2015 02:01

Tomorrow I will put together a map of the areas to hit and the areas to avoid, along with some recommendations for food, sightseeing, etc. Cheers!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 11, 2015 02:22

awebb7
Tomorrow I will put together a map of the areas to hit and the areas to avoid, along with some recommendations for food, sightseeing, etc. Cheers!

Don't know if you'd agree with this, awebb7, but I've always found pretty much everything in downtown Nashville to be walkable. Obviously it depends on how mobile a person is, etc., but for most people I'd say it's a very accessible city. :-)

Date: April 11, 2015 03:13

For sure, very walkable. If you're staying downtown. If you get a hotel towards Vanderbilt University or in the Gulch area I would say a cab might be in order.

Also, something I want to emphasize is that while the Gaylord Hotel is both massive and amazing, it's a minimum 30 minute drive to the stadium. It is VERY far away from downtown and essentially everywhere you'd want to be.

Date: April 11, 2015 03:36

Maura94
Thanks Aweb for the info. Is the Best Western on Division street faerie by UBER from where these Honky Tonks are on Broadway?

Thanks

I just looked (you will need to download the app if you want to use Uber, but it's easier, cheaper, and safer than cabs) and an Uber ride from your hotel to the stadium is $8. If I were you I would take it to Bridgestone arena and just bar hop up and down either side of Broadway. Basically from our arena you will head north - starting with Tootsie's Orchid Lounge it is nothing but bars with live music (mostly 90's country covers but you can find blues and rock) for a quarter mile - then you'll cross a pedestrian bridge over the river to the stadium. Very easy and a super safe area. There are also bars on 2nd avenue (runs perpendicular to Broadway and parallel to the river), but those are more "clubs" not the typical honky tonks.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:38

They were anticipating 70,000 for the NRA convention, so not surprised about rooms not being available now.
With the Country Music Association Festival wrapping up 3 days before the Stones, there will probably be a lot of people staying in town the rest of the week.
The CMA is sold out for 4 nights at LP Field.
So, I'd for sure agree with awebb7 about holding on to room reservations if you get'em.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: April 11, 2015 09:39

awebb7

That`s a great idea - Thanks a lot for that, awebb smileys with beer

It`ll be flying in from Germany and it`s going to be my first stay in Nashville... really looking forward to it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 11, 2015 10:01

Steinschlag
awebb7

That`s a great idea - Thanks a lot for that, awebb smileys with beer

It`ll be flying in from Germany and it`s going to be my first stay in Nashville... really looking forward to it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cheers!!!

If you are going there to drink and listen to live music try to stay near downtown. If you are going with family or friends to sight see and you rent a car I recommend the Gaylord about 10 miles from downtown fantastic place. google it.

Sight seeing: Check out the Parthenon and of course the Country Music Hall of fame

Also about 50 miles up the interstate into Kentucky is the National corvette museum, and anothor 40 miles from there is a National park called Mammouth Cave It is the largest and longest known cave in the world. I went too both of these in the same day. IMHO very cool

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 11, 2015 18:36

@virgil - Louisville isn't far away from Nashville. Anyone who want to make the trip, I will offer to take on a bourbon tour the day before the show!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 11, 2015 18:58

flacnvinyl
@virgil - Louisville isn't far away from Nashville. Anyone who want to make the trip, I will offer to take on a bourbon tour the day before the show!

Hey Flacnvinyl, my wife fell in love with the show and begged me to take her there. I was there in August we had a lot of fun. I did want to go to Lousiville but no time. Im not a huge country guy like some not others so of course we saw a show at the Grand Ole Opry and the 1st thing I said to my wife when we sat down was? I'd love to seen the Stones in this venue, Be cool if they did a sneak show in there that week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 19:05 by virgil.

Date: April 12, 2015 01:11

Checking out Doubletree Hotel on 4th ave, looks about like 10 blocks to get to pedestrian bridge, anybody else got rooms at this hotel and if so, any idea if they might have shuttle service to the concert. The clerk said they did have but thought it ended at 10pm or so. Sheesh, hard to get information from some of these hotels about their services.

Date: April 12, 2015 03:27

RSbestbandever
Checking out Doubletree Hotel on 4th ave, looks about like 10 blocks to get to pedestrian bridge, anybody else got rooms at this hotel and if so, any idea if they might have shuttle service to the concert. The clerk said they did have but thought it ended at 10pm or so. Sheesh, hard to get information from some of these hotels about their services.

Sorry guys. Got wrapped up in yardwork, then the Masters, then beer. I will put up a map this weekend. As to the doubletree, if you want to walk and get dinner, drinks,then the show, you won't have any problem walking. The double tree is about 1.5 blocks from the arena, and about 4-5 blocks to the pedestrian bridge. You should be fine to walk there and back.

Date: April 12, 2015 05:07

Thanks Awebb, I have the UBER App and use it all the time. Just wondering if Division Street is far from the country bars. Going for a couple of extra days. Any bars which are considered better than others. Appreciate all the info. Hoping perhaps we can all set up a good pre-game before the concert at one of these places.

Thanks

Posted by: OutOfTime70 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 14:20

Hi All, I just bought 2 tickets for Nashville 116 JJ 15 and 16. I hope these are good tickets (I paid them more than 180 USD each). Should someone have 2 better tickets left in this price range please let me know (I might try to sell mine for FV on the venue and buy yours). Al the best!

Date: April 12, 2015 22:58

Maura94
Thanks Awebb, I have the UBER App and use it all the time. Just wondering if Division Street is far from the country bars. Going for a couple of extra days. Any bars which are considered better than others. Appreciate all the info. Hoping perhaps we can all set up a good pre-game before the concert at one of these places.

Thanks

You're very close. Demonbreun Ave runs parallel-ish to division, there you'll find the Tin Roof, Dan McGuiness and a few others. These are popular local spots. From there it isn't a far walk to Tootsie's, Roberts Western Wear, and Second Fiddle on Broadway. Those are your best bet for the classic dive bar with a live country and western band. They also all share a back alley with the Ryman Auditorium and old performers would very often leave the stage in the 40s-70s and get a drink here between sets.
Further down Broadway there are many many newer places. The Stage is always popular and always crowded, paradise park is new and skeezy, Honky Tonk Central is new and everyone says it's fun but I've never been, there is a piano bars that's fun, and Broadway Brewhouse has good bar food and just about any beer you could imagine. There is also East Nashville which is a cab ride away but worth it, and wholly different than the Broadway country scene.
Unfortunately I won't be in town-wife and I are traveling to Vancouver/Seattle for the U.S. Open that week. I'm catching them at Indy.

Date: April 13, 2015 15:58

This is the best map I could find of the downtown area. Best Western isn't shown but if you follow Demounbreun to the left (west) you will come to a round-about near Tin Roof, Dan McGuinness and other bars and restaurants. Division and your hotel are a block away. On Division on the other side of the round about are more bars and restaurants - but this is more of a college crowd (Vandy and Belmont). Patterson House is a neat place - they model themselves after an old speakeasy - good drinks and awesome food. Above it in the same building is the Catbird Seat one of the cities better and more trendy restaurants. Downtown there is The Southern, Merchants and The Farm House.

You'll find plenty to do within walking distance.

Date: April 13, 2015 17:28

Thanks Awebb7 for the map, it is very detailed and has a lot of info that we can use, much appreciated.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:20

Right now I have two Lucky Dip for Atlanta. So, unless I get a last minute urge to do both that will be my show. Everyone else going to Nashville all the best.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:10

Thanks for the great map, Awebb.... I have a reservation at the Knights Inn, which is not too far away from the stadium I guess.

It`s a pity we won`t be able to meet for a beer at the concert

Thanks again smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 22:13 by Steinschlag.

Posted by: jjswift ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:54

Does anyone know if the section J seats in Nashville would be good? Need advice from my fellow Stones fans. This will be our first Stones concert and any advice from those in the know will be greatly appreciated!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1182
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home