Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Orlando FL USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:44

Man, that's good stuff you do BV. Here's hoping they have a great time.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:52

Gfmsoccer
There seems to be no buzz for the Orlando show. At least nobody is posting on here. Atlanta apparently was one of the best shows on this tour if not the best, by all feedback I'm seeing. I certainly was a great set list and show's you don't know what to expect.

Hopefully the Florida fans wake up and fill the Citrus Bowl.

I recall seeing one of Bjornulf's iorr maps and it seemed most of the users were in the NorthEastern USA followed by the West coast. Don't remember many dots in Florida. I'm guessing they have plenty of fans and the buzz is strong, just not well represented on this board.

peace

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:59

Pretty neat Stones retrospect in Orlando.

[www.orlandosentinel.com]

Date: June 11, 2015 20:22

Has anyone seen the songs to vote on for Orlando?

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: June 11, 2015 20:28

tomy1
Has anyone seen the songs to vote on for Orlando?
Nope.. I think for Atlanta they were posted around 4pm the day before the show.. Show I'd expect it in a few hours, maybe sooner

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:39

Great to see some action here!! The Rolling Stones arrived here yesterday.
Latest Venue info- Only small non-professional cameras allowed, no Professional Go Pros. "Important Entry Policies
Standard Orlando Citrus Bowl entry policies apply with the exception of the following: Professional and video recording devices including GoPros and tripods are prohibited. Phones and small non-professional cameras are allowed. "
Have fun everyone.

Posted by: horns2181 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:28

So are the Lucky Dips assigned the day of the show or do you think they have already been assigned. On ticketmaster these are the only sections left. Any chance we end up in these.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:37

I think at this point not even a Ticketmaster employee could answer your question in all honesty.
My advice with Lucky Dips in general is don't expect anything, only then you'll get a chance to be pleasantly surprised

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:51

If the main objective of the "Lucky Dip" is to fill up expensive unsold seats,
then yes. The odds of you being in Section 134 would be the highest.
Based on that map. At that moment.

The major drawback of the Lucky Dip this go around is that the allure of the elusive "PIT" doesn't exist with the stadium set up.

Go and have a BLAST!
You're seeing The Rolling Stones for a hell of a good price!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:24

Orlando Sentinel video feature...The Rolling Stones in Orlando: Now & Then

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 00:25 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:00

Hmm.. Already 6pm and no song vote for tomorrow? odd

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:09

I'm in Section F6 Row H seat 20-21 I have no clue if these are obstructed views or not.

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:10

anyone goin downtown to party tonite?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:15

As a resident of central Florida for over fifty years, including Orlando, I'd advise you to watch how much alcohol you drink at the pre-party! Heat exhaustion and dehydration are major problems down here this time of year...there's only a 20% change of rain tomorrow which is a good thing in one way but a bad thing in that it likely won't cool things down, as an example Orlando had storms yesterday afternoon, but none today...the temperature today at 6:00 is fifteen degrees warmer than yesterday...throw in the humidity and it will feel like 110 degrees out there!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:46

Mr.D
As a resident of central Florida for over fifty years, including Orlando, I'd advise you to watch how much alcohol you drink at the pre-party! Heat exhaustion and dehydration are major problems down here this time of year...there's only a 20% change of rain tomorrow which is a good thing in one way but a bad thing in that it likely won't cool things down, as an example Orlando had storms yesterday afternoon, but none today...the temperature today at 6:00 is fifteen degrees warmer than yesterday...throw in the humidity and it will feel like 110 degrees out there!
Great advice. I grew up in Florida and the heat is worse there than most other places, including "Hotlanta". It's just a different beast with the humidity.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:08

tumblingdice
Mr.D
Great advice. I grew up in Florida and the heat is worse there than most other places, including "Hotlanta". It's justas a different beast with the humidity.

Are you suggesting they will play "she ws hot" or contrarilly "she was cold'? Thanks for the insight~!!!

Date: June 12, 2015 02:54

Jordan

My money is on "Get Off of My Cloud" ..... before the list is even put up.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:56

Keith and Anita's daughter and two grandkids going to Orlando Disney World.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:12

For those looking to enhance their tour experience, Just learned that on orange blossom trail by the citrus bowl, the median is PACKED with hookers at night. And you can t fall down without landing in a strip joint. Should be a good show.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:33

sundevil
For those looking to enhance their tour experience, Just learned that on orange blossom trail by the citrus bowl, the median is PACKED with hookers at night. And you can t fall down without landing in a strip joint. Should be a good show.

...onlystones, is that you?

just kidding

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:35

Jordan

MPLS vote started 12 hours before the show.

Posted by: aumatl ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:02

Song Vote:

She's So Cold
Out of Control
Live With Me
LSTNT

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:25

Out of Control gets my vote.
But they should play it every night!

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 06:27

Interesting that LSTNT is in the song vote - going by the pattern of the tour so far, it should be in the third slot tomorrow night anyways. Maybe we'll get something different in that slot...or maybe we'll get ADTL in the third slot and LSTNT for the song vote.

She's So Cold gets my vote though.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: June 12, 2015 08:56

You're right, they're aren't many Orlando fans on here.
The show isn't sold out, but the Stones find ways to fill
Unsold seats, so we'll see if their system works again

You've got to do She's So Cold in Orlando, just for the irony.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 10:00

horns2181
So are the Lucky Dips assigned the day of the show or do you think they have already been assigned. On ticketmaster these are the only sections left. Any chance we end up in these.

The Lucky Dips are printed the day before and day of the show. The lower deck sections in blue are sections that are often comped out. The field is unlikely - they'll just shorten those sections.

There will probably be a few pairs in those mid-lower deck sections. Hopefully down low where the sound is better. People have been complaining about the sound higher up mid field in the decks.

Lucky Dips in the first section on Keith's side would be a lotto win.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 12, 2015 10:25

^^^^
Great Lucky Dip info, Glimmergirl24 thumbs up- good to know for this and all the remaining shows.

I have a question regarding ticket selling practices and am hoping perhaps you may know the answer or have some advice. At what point do the tickets held for no-show friends of the band and venue VIPs / sponsors get thrown back into the pool for public purchase? Many times I've read great stories of fans scoring amazing seats close to showtime due to the no-shows. I'm also wondering if being at the box office itself is helpful or if one can purchase these throw-backs online. Any help appreciated smiling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 12, 2015 10:54

the florida gators baseball team has the stones tour jet so if i were there in orlando i would keep a heads up about a small show or at least seeing some of the band around.
it looks like they are staying in florida until early next week.

the kids getting off that plane for the cws in omaha looked funny as hell,pulling up to the game in style!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 11:39

Well if I'd see a plane with a big fat tongue on it at the airport, then a sports team getting off, I'd feel somewhat disappointed. smoking smiley

Date: June 12, 2015 12:45

I was thinking that this stop was the mid-tour R&R brake for the band - due that "tourtist" thing. Any clues to where they may be staying while in Orlando? Or any ideas od and band members possible "pop-up" gigs?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home