Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Atlanta GA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:50

opening act announced... St Paul & the Broken Bones...

[music.blog.ajc.com]

that'll work.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:52

Damn, I must be old - who are these nameless opening acts?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:23

Can anyone advise on parking not at the stadium but with easy access to I 75 North away from most of the traffic after the show? I don't mind walking up to a mile or so. I'm thinking the area near the FOX Theatre might be where I want to be. And The Varsity would be on my path.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 21:25 by tonyc.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:14

tonyc - Go to TicketAlternative. They have a colored map list of 7 Parking Lots they sell print tickets for. I chose the East Lot with easy access to I-85 N leaving the show. Sounds like You want the same exit idea , 3rd street deck, W.Peachtree AT&T deck , or the East lot. there is a pedestrian walkway over and under 85. Check it out. East Lot was $20 and I already have my parking ticket printed. good luck

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:52

Shawn20
Damn, I must be old - who are these nameless opening acts?

My son saw them open for Jason Isbell (formerly of Drive-By Truckers) and thought they were great. Turned me onto them. Very soulful. I think you'll like them.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 20, 2015 23:02

StonesHood
tonyc - Go to TicketAlternative. They have a colored map list of 7 Parking Lots they sell print tickets for. I chose the East Lot with easy access to I-85 N leaving the show. Sounds like You want the same exit idea , 3rd street deck, W.Peachtree AT&T deck , or the East lot. there is a pedestrian walkway over and under 85. Check it out. East Lot was $20 and I already have my parking ticket printed. good luck

Thanks. Yes, I have checked that out. I was just wondering if there might be some city or private parking options relatively close. It might be easier to get out parking a little farther away.

Date: May 25, 2015 21:41

Any word on alcohol sales at the stadium? They served at a Jimmy Buffett show a few years back.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:13

Party in my room at the Peachtree Plaza!

Date: May 26, 2015 00:25

that's a good logo for a Tech show...

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:46

we will be swayin at the Georgian Terrace, me and my beautiful blond Factory Girl......see ya yaz all there!

Date: May 27, 2015 20:45

Me too. Hope to see ya there!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:09

I am staying at the Georgian Terrace too. Its going to be a full Stones experience in ATL.

See you there!!!

Date: May 27, 2015 22:39

thumbs upsmileys with beerdrinking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outcool smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 16:02

TicketAlternative has dropped the Platnium and VIP tickets from the Find Tickets option. Now if You buy tickets its just best available or regular price levels to choose from. Ticket Drop has started.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:20

Whoooo HOOOO!!!

I'm officially going to the Atlanta show! It'll be Stones show #10 for me, going back to 1975. Found a ticket on eBay for $79.50, which I figure is just about as good as it will get.

When you are by yourself, you can also pretty much just "float" around the stadium and sit somewhere different for every other song.

(Picture Brian Jones walking around Monterrey!)

So....Elmo....you are playing at the Terrace.....when? Djembe drum and backup vocals? Elmo and Goose, LIVE? :-)

Marv Peck, are you there, too?

Date: May 29, 2015 16:24

Mongoose
Whoooo HOOOO!!!

I'm officially going to the Atlanta show! It'll be Stones show #10 for me, going back to 1975. Found a ticket on eBay for $79.50, which I figure is just about as good as it will get.

When you are by yourself, you can also pretty much just "float" around the stadium and sit somewhere different for every other song.

(Picture Brian Jones walking around Monterrey!)

So....Elmo....you are playing at the Terrace.....when? Djembe drum and backup vocals? Elmo and Goose, LIVE? :-)

Marv Peck, are you there, too?

Planning to just sit out front and play until I'm ran off or arrested! Love for you to join me.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 29, 2015 16:30

Cool. Let me know a tentative time, and I'll see you then!

Mongoose

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:33

liquorgud
we will be swayin at the Georgian Terrace, me and my beautiful blond Factory Girl......see ya yaz all there!

Georgian Terrace is a landmark. Directly across from the Fox Theater, God only knows how many brain cells I left in that building ( and the Omni for that matter ). There are more "posh" accomodations, even on Peachtree, but the "Terrace" has something the newer paces will never have. Character. Enjoy.

Date: May 29, 2015 20:34

Natlanta

Great work. Even a 4th generation UGA man ( To Hell with Tech ) tips his hat to your work.

Date: May 30, 2015 03:30

11 MORE DAYS!!!

Party in my room at The Peachtree Plaza!

Posted by: MSMOONLIGHT ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:20

I am new here but wanted to stop in and say I can't wait till the show! My boyfriend was there for the show in 1989 and it is going to be awesome going back with him 26 years later! See you guys there.

Date: May 30, 2015 16:29

Jesse1960
Natlanta

Great work. Even a 4th generation UGA man ( To Hell with Tech ) tips his hat to your work.

to clarify that's not my work - i would do something stupid and obscure like set the band in a photoshopped flexbone.

which would be awesome.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:03

Natlanta
Jesse1960
Natlanta

to clarify that's not my work - i would do something stupid and obscure like set the band in a photoshopped flexbone.

which would be awesome.

Or do the UGA bulldog with lips and tongue. smiling smiley Just to piss off the Techs.

Date: May 30, 2015 21:00

6s7s9s
Natlanta
Jesse1960
Natlanta

which would be awesome.

Or do the UGA bulldog with lips and tongue. smiling smiley Just to piss off the Techs.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: June 1, 2015 17:44

StonesHood

Thanks for the tip! Just got parking at ATT 3rd St lot, very convenient to Motel 6 where we are staying.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: June 1, 2015 18:00

Just booked at Motel 6 near the Hyatt, convenient to the parking lots.
They had about 6 rooms left at $81, just want to rent the place not own it.

Motel 6
311 Courtland St NE
Atlanta, GA 30303

Good Luck!

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: June 2, 2015 17:59

MidnightDevilRambler
StonesHood

Thanks for the tip! Just got parking at ATT 3rd St lot, very convenient to Motel 6 where we are staying.

Yes, StonesHood thanks. I decided to get parking there in that same lot, too. Nice to have a firm place to go without having to drive around that is close to I-75N.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 18:01 by tonyc.

Date: June 2, 2015 21:28

tonyc
MidnightDevilRambler
StonesHood

Yes, StonesHood thanks. I decided to get parking there in that same lot, too. Nice to have a firm place to go without having to drive around that is close to I-75N.

Your Welcome. Enjoy the show !

Date: June 3, 2015 04:19

Date: June 3, 2015 20:03

I posted this by itself, but I think the Atlanta folks might appreciate it more!

I play drums in a jazz band called STYLE POINTS from time to time here in Atlanta, with my oldest son on bass. We're also in another ATL band called the Amazing Mongooses (check out our album on iTunes or Amazon!)

This You Tube clip is from last night, at the Elliott Street Pub, near the Georgia Dome, in downtown Atlanta.

Sax player Eric Fontaine lovingly wrote this jazz arrangement of Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers 2.

Video game jazz.....a new genre!

Enjoy, and see all of you in Atlanta for the STONES on Tuesday!!!!

Mongoose

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 20:11 by Mongoose.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home