Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Atlanta GA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:01

There were NO $69 seats available and now no $99 left.

What a clusterf*&k.

Damn, Stones, treat your fans a little better!

Posted by: breakingglass ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:07

row 34 was available. see you there!

Posted by: RickC ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:42

Not bad at all!

Posted by: RickC ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:47

Sec E row 17

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:53

Way to go Rick, great seats. I've been 3 hours trying to get to the Ticketalternative site but have yet to get thru. I guess everyone is getting thru except me, dang.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:54

Use the Ticketmaster phone app=great seats offered at reasonable prices

Date: April 8, 2015 22:36

2120Joe
Use the Ticketmaster phone app=great seats offered at reasonable prices

Atlanta is not offered by Ticketmaster, unless that has changed. Ticketalternatives is the one I've been trying to get to.

Date: April 8, 2015 23:01

Got through in about 20 minutes. Tickets on the field Section J, Row 33
center stage near the end of the runway.

Not too bad! See you there!

Mike

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:03

@#$%& ticketalternative. I can't enter yet.

Date: April 8, 2015 23:46

argentina92
@#$%& ticketalternative. I can't enter yet.

I know the feeling. Ever since 9am this morning I've been trying to get thru to their website and I've given up trying for the day. They had trouble early on and I don't think they ever got the website completely fixed. Sad excuse for a ticket outlet in my opinion but I will try again tomorrow. Congrats to those who did get seats though.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:53

tonyc
This looks like the same company that does tickets for Knoxville where I live. The good thing about them is you can hold up to three sets of tickets at a time or 8 total. So, you can hold two and keep releasing the third until you find something better. And, if you don't, then just cancel the others in your cart and pick the order you want.

When I saw your previous post about Nashville & Atlanta being equidistant and looking for parking with easy access to I-75-N, I wondered if you might be in Knoxville... Good to see another Knoxvillian here @ IORR (I work off the Papermill exit)!

I don't have tickets to either show (yet - I hope). Between some tight personal finances and no AmEx card, I'm having to wait to see how things develop. Seeing as one show is right before my birthday and the other is right after my birthday, I'm kinda hoping that some family members might make one (or both!) of these two shows happen for me!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:54

Strange. I had no problem getting through all day and had multiple tickets in my cart to choose from. I decided to wait, though, for more selection during the onsale. I will probably get $99 over $69 but I did not like that $69 was not even offered so I could do a comparison.

Date: April 9, 2015 00:23

tonyc
Strange. I had no problem getting through all day and had multiple tickets in my cart to choose from. I decided to wait, though, for more selection during the onsale. I will probably get $99 over $69 but I did not like that $69 was not even offered so I could do a comparison.

Glad to hear you didn't have any problems. I'm now leaning more to the theory that's it's my desktop computer causing the problems. I haven't been able to get on the Ticketalternative site since 9 am this morning and it's going on 5 pm. Will have to check out another computer at a friends house to see if it works there.

Date: April 9, 2015 06:03

Went to friend's house and wasn't able to get thru to Ticketalternatives on their computer either. I have no clue what the problem is but it's clear that some decent tickets are passing me by, lol. My opinion is that the website/company was unprepared for the volume of people that would be trying to get tickets and something went haywire. That being said, several people have stated they had no problem with TicketAlternative so I really have no idea what the problem is other then I have spent all day and half the night and have come away with 0000000 (ZERO) tickets, lol. I will try again in the morning. Congrats to all of you who were able to get tickets however and hopefully I will have some good news shortly.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 9, 2015 07:50

mr_dja
tonyc
This looks like the same company that does tickets for Knoxville where I live. The good thing about them is you can hold up to three sets of tickets at a time or 8 total. So, you can hold two and keep releasing the third until you find something better. And, if you don't, then just cancel the others in your cart and pick the order you want.

When I saw your previous post about Nashville & Atlanta being equidistant and looking for parking with easy access to I-75-N, I wondered if you might be in Knoxville... Good to see another Knoxvillian here @ IORR (I work off the Papermill exit)!

I don't have tickets to either show (yet - I hope). Between some tight personal finances and no AmEx card, I'm having to wait to see how things develop. Seeing as one show is right before my birthday and the other is right after my birthday, I'm kinda hoping that some family members might make one (or both!) of these two shows happen for me!

Peace,
Mr DJA
I was thinking the same thing myself. I'm originally from Florida but lived and worked in the Knoxville area for 3 years now. Wish I could see both shows but will probably just get to see the Nashville show (I hope).

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:02

I have been trying to set up an account at ticketalternative a few times on different computers now (Mac & PC).

It's not working.

I can enter all my information. Than a press the button to create the account and a blank screen shows up just saying "My Account".
But there is nothing else. I either haven't got any e-mail from ticketalternative regarding my account nor can I log in.

Any ideas?

I never thougt that would say this, but why the hell isn't ticketmaster handling the sale for the Atlanta show.

Date: April 9, 2015 17:09

Good morning all, hopefully I can get some tickets today but I've already checked out Ticketalternative.com for Atlanta tickets and still can't access their ticket selling page. Looks like I may be going to Orlando or Nashville if this keeps up.

Posted by: Serendipatti ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:14

Can somebody who has used Ticket Alternative in the past and used a pre-sale promotion tell me whether they will add new tickets over the remaining three days of the American Express pre-sale. I'm getting really behind at work trying to find decent tickets and now I am only pulling up the same three or four crappy sets of four tickets over and over and over. IF that is all they are going to have for the remainder of the pre-sales I need to quit wasting my time and either wait for the general sale or just purchase through a ticket reseller, or E-Bay. Thanks

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:26

Elmo Lewis
There were NO $69 seats available and now no $99 left.

What a clusterf*&k.

Damn, Stones, treat your fans a little better!

just about sums things up...

best of luck to you, Elmo, I hope you get to see 'em!

Date: April 9, 2015 19:37

Thanks, duke. I got tickets. Hope to see you there.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:32

Fucki*g ticketalternative .. I still can't access their ticket selling page. I will try on Monday .

Posted by: Serendipatti ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:11

Finally got some decent tickets!! What an ordeal. Although I've spent some time in Atlanta, it's never been around the area of Georgia Tech. It looks like the closest hotels are sold out. So it looks like I'll have to book in Buckhead or downtown. I have a semi-serious foot condition and I'm holding off surgery until the end of June. It doesn't look like there is a Marta station too close to the stadium. I'm sure I could get a cab to the event BUT for anyone who has been in that area, will I most likely be able to find one to get back to the hotel?? I know if I were a cab driver, I wouldn't want to get in that traffic mess! Thanks.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:27

Why don't you call the Atlanta Tourist office and tell them, you have some medial problems and ask them to suggest a close-by, reasonable motel..or ask them to get involved re a suitable place. Hopefully, within two blocks of a
bus.

Date: April 9, 2015 21:59

Yeah, I think the nearest MARTA station is Civic Center - a damn good hike under any conditions. The area is congested and summers in Georgia can be brutal.

Would have much rather this show been at the Georgia Dome - at least it's air conditioned.

Date: April 9, 2015 23:34

tumblingdice
mr_dja
tonyc

Peace,
Mr DJA
I was thinking the same thing myself. I'm originally from Florida but lived and worked in the Knoxville area for 3 years now. Wish I could see both shows but will probably just get to see the Nashville show (I hope).

Hello mr_dja and tumblingdice. Pleased to meet you. I actually live a little outside Knoxville down towards Madisonville but Knoxville is definitely my closest major city. And very familiar with the Papermill area from McKays and Twin Peaks nearby. I'm split myself on Atlanta or Nashville not able to do both. I might wait until opening acts are announced to make a final decision. I think Nashville in particular will have lots of seats available all the way to showtime. Of course, the advantage of Atlanta is driving back home in the Eastern Time Zone but Nashville feels more like a home date.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 23:46 by tonyc.

Date: April 9, 2015 23:38

Elmo Lewis
Yeah, I think the nearest MARTA station is Civic Center - a damn good hike under any conditions. The area is congested and summers in Georgia can be brutal.

Would have much rather this show been at the Georgia Dome - at least it's air conditioned.

Agree, if it had been the Georgia Dome I would already have a ticket.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 9, 2015 23:53

tonyc
tumblingdice
mr_dja
tonyc

Peace,
Mr DJA

Hello mr_dja and tumblingdice. Pleased to meet you. I actually live a little outside Knoxville down towards Madisonville but Knoxville is definitely my closest major city. And very familiar with the Papermill area from McKays and Twin Peaks nearby. I'm split myself on Atlanta or Nashville not able to do both. I might wait until opening acts are announced to make a final decision. I think Nashville in particular will have lots of seats available all the way to showtime. Of course, the advantage of Atlanta is driving back home in the Eastern Time Zone but Nashville feels more like a home date.
Had no idea IORR members were nearby. I am in Madisonville myself, but work in Knox. Nice to know there are others from the board nearby.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:04

tumblingdice
tonyc
tumblingdice
mr_dja
tonyc

Peace,
Mr DJA

Had no idea IORR members were nearby. I am in Madisonville myself, but work in Knox. Nice to know there are others from the board nearby.

I always thought I was the only one in Knoxville and think it's pretty cool that there's at least three of us from not that big a metro area that have found our way to IORR.

I'm with tonyc on a couple of points... 1) Nashville feels more like a "home" gig and 2) If the Atlanta show was at the Georgia Dome I may already have tickets myself.

On a side note (but actually only somewhat off topic): If y'all (or anyone else who happens to be in the area) are interested, the Stones tribute band "Start Me Up" is playing The Shed @ Harley Davidson Maryville on Saturday, June 13th and my band (Dirty Pool) is opening for them so I'll be there for sure. I know nothing about the tribute band but figure I'll have some fun after our set is done knowing that I've just seen or am about to see "The Real Thing"!

Hopefully I'll get to meet up with my fellow Knox-iorrians at a show this summer!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:52

There is a Marta station on North Ave I think which is closer. GOOD LUCK

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:19

I told you guys before that I wasn't able to set up an account on ticketalternative.
Well, that changed. But it seems they don't wan't me to buy any tickets. I had been offered a few good ones though.

But everytime I'm trying to pay, they refuse my credit card; saying my address doesn't match the one used for my credit card. Well, that's wrong.

I tried with a Visa and a Mastercard. Maybe their system is not able to identify my German address.

So I have two options left. Buying from stubhub (I used it before, when I was working in NYC, expensive, but gets you in the show) or going to Orlando instead.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home