Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Arlington/Dallas TX USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:27

bv
Don't even try to bring a bag, no matter how small it is. I have an ultra small bag, just for my poncho and camera, but they denied me access in Minneapolis. I could not throw it away, so I emptied it, put the stuff in my pockets, the empty backpack under my jacket, and walked in. So silly. But I know they don't want us to carry in any bombs of course.

I understand "no backpacks" but no purses is highly excessive in my opinion. if a bomb is small enough to fit in a small purse it's probably small enough to fit in your pocket.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:40

NoCode0680
Blue Boy
Not everyone in Texas is a Cowboy fan. I have to assume the Stones chose Dallas due to its geographic advantages. It can draw fans from Oklahoma and other regions of Texas. In Houston people cheer for the Texans. I also don´t like the Cowboys. My son is excited about getting a T'Shirt. We´ll check the vending tables tomorrow. These blue shirts are horrible.

I don't like the Cowboys either, but I think it's a cool shirt. It's at AT&T Stadium, so it's only natural that they have some shirts that reflect that. Many bands have begun to do these sports/concert hybrid merchandise. Obviously not everybody in the town, state or region is going to be a fan, but you don't have to be to wear it. I'm not a Mavericks fan either, but I like wearing my Pearl Jam/Mavericks shirt. There are other shirts available, maybe not city specific, but I see they have a lot of different tour shirts of various designs/colors that list all the tour dates on the back. If you want the Dallas shirt, I guess you have to come to terms with the fact that you're going to see them in the Cowboys' house.

You are right! And the best part about it is that I don´t have to buy it if I don´t want it. I´m sure we´ll find the right shirt to remember the show.

By the way, my son will wear the T-shirt I bought at the Cotton Bowl in 1981!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:50

bv
Don't even try to bring a bag, no matter how small it is. I have an ultra small bag, just for my poncho and camera, but they denied me access in Minneapolis. I could not throw it away, so I emptied it, put the stuff in my pockets, the empty backpack under my jacket, and walked in. So silly. But I know they don't want us to carry in any bombs of course.

Wow, maybe I was super lucky.

I could bring my tote bag(45cm x 35cm x 20cm) in Minneapolis. Putting some t-shirts, a laptop PC, a digital camera, power cables, a baseball cap, some paperbacks so on....(Only an umbrella denied)

But I won't bring next time.
These were hand carry items in my flight. I saw MPLS show while my 20 hours layover at Minneapolis. I had no accommodation and needed to bring them.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:52

alieb
bv

I understand "no backpacks" but no purses is highly excessive in my opinion. if a bomb is small enough to fit in a small purse it's probably small enough to fit in your pocket.

The NFL stadiums like for Dallas, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Nashville, Kansas City are VERY strict about the bag policy. It's basically you can bring in a clear bag, very small clutch and nothing else. No backpacks, camera bags, big purses etc... The venue/team websites all list what is permitted or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 05:11 by Amy340.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:54

Maybe they can not deny an official merch tote bag.grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:58

Naturalust
Munichhilton
Natlanta
cowboys gear is up for sale for all you cowboys...

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Those shirts are offensive
5 yards

What's a bit offensive is the slightly overwhelming selection of merch. It's like walking into a WalMart...too many choices, man! (and loads of cheap crap).

peace

Its all crap
..and I will never purchase Cowboys colors ever. Montana showed them how much they suck.

Offensive

But I will buy a $12 Heineken

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 05:51

Blue Boy
NoCode0680
Blue Boy
Not everyone in Texas is a Cowboy fan. I have to assume the Stones chose Dallas due to its geographic advantages. It can draw fans from Oklahoma and other regions of Texas. In Houston people cheer for the Texans. I also don´t like the Cowboys. My son is excited about getting a T'Shirt. We´ll check the vending tables tomorrow. These blue shirts are horrible.

I don't like the Cowboys either, but I think it's a cool shirt. It's at AT&T Stadium, so it's only natural that they have some shirts that reflect that. Many bands have begun to do these sports/concert hybrid merchandise. Obviously not everybody in the town, state or region is going to be a fan, but you don't have to be to wear it. I'm not a Mavericks fan either, but I like wearing my Pearl Jam/Mavericks shirt. There are other shirts available, maybe not city specific, but I see they have a lot of different tour shirts of various designs/colors that list all the tour dates on the back. If you want the Dallas shirt, I guess you have to come to terms with the fact that you're going to see them in the Cowboys' house.

You are right! And the best part about it is that I don´t have to buy it if I don´t want it. I´m sure we´ll find the right shirt to remember the show.

By the way, my son will wear the T-shirt I bought at the Cotton Bowl in 1981!

Awesome, which show did you go to? I really love the "@#$%&' Wonderful" bootleg, which is the Halloween show I believe. Over the past couple of years I've met 2 people at work who were at that show. I'm so jealous, I was only 1 year old so I wasn't able to score tickets. I haven't decided what I'm going to wear yet. I've narrowed it down to either a shirt I have that has a photo that appears to be from the same session as the Respectable single cover, and a '75 Tour Of The Americas shirt (not vintage, a recent piece of Bravado merch). I'm leaning towards the latter, because it's Packers colors (green and gold), which can be a covert middle finger to the Cowboys.

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: June 6, 2015 06:33

Pissed that they won't use the big screen/video screen for this concert :/ Every single concert I've been to there, they've used it. C'mon Jerry...

Date: June 6, 2015 06:41

jkundl
Pissed that they won't use the big screen/video screen for this concert :/ Every single concert I've been to there, they've used it. C'mon Jerry...

That's the thing the stadium is most famous for, and a big reason why people want to hold events there in the first place. I'm not terribly concerned because I don't think I'll have that great of a view of it from my seats, but it seems silly not to use it in some way. Maybe Mick is self-conscious about having his face on a 3,800 square foot HD screen. Crows feet would be the size of a Buick.

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: June 6, 2015 07:21

NoCode0680
jkundl

That's the thing the stadium is most famous for, and a big reason why people want to hold events there in the first place. I'm not terribly concerned because I don't think I'll have that great of a view of it from my seats, but it seems silly not to use it in some way. Maybe Mick is self-conscious about having his face on a 3,800 square foot HD screen. Crows feet would be the size of a Buick.

Where are your seats? I got Lucky Dip

Date: June 6, 2015 07:32

jkundl
NoCode0680
jkundl

Where are your seats? I got Lucky Dip

Section C134. It's the first section above the floor, on the seats along the side on Ronnie's side, but pretty far down along the floor, so not the greatest seats. I'm low, but far. They might be better than I think, I don't know, but I'm a little disappointed in them because it's not what I thought I was getting. But they're good enough, and I'll enjoy the hell out of it regardless. I can probably see the screen from there, but the pictures I've seen from that section make me think it might be an awkward view, looking up at it. I'm more likely to just be looking in the direction of the stage than up at that.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2015 08:49

Very nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 08:52 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2015 08:56

Date: June 6, 2015 09:13

That's pretty cool I guess, and a nice alternative for the non-sports people. But even as a Cowboys hater, I think I have to go with the Cowboys shirt. Red, White and Blue aren't really my colors, that's not political or philosophical, just taste in clothes/colors. The poster I do like, but I think I'm going to stick with cowboy guy one. Will go nicely with a couple of Pearl Jam posters I have.

(

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2015 10:29

Only good thing about missing this show, I don't like the poster. thumbs down

(Hey, you look for silver linings where you can find 'em!)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 6, 2015 10:38

MisterDDDD

Very nice.

Indeed and it can work as a Rorschach test :

"I see I see... a cowboy turning his back to us viewers. He's holding a woman in his arms but we cannot see her. We only see her spreaded legs". grinning smiley
"My God look at the position of the man's arms. He's strangling her!" eye popping smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2015 12:16

dcba
MisterDDDD

Very nice.

"I see I see... a cowboy turning his back to us viewers. He's holding a woman in his arms but we cannot see her. We only see her spreaded legs". grinning smiley
"My God look at the position of the man's arms. He's strangling her!" eye popping smiley

Nah - that's Keith lighting a quick ciggie and hoping the Dallas branch of the Health'n'Safety Police don't notice.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 6, 2015 14:23

Green Lady
dcba
MisterDDDD

Very nice.

Nah - that's Keith lighting a quick ciggie and hoping the Dallas branch of the Health'n'Safety Police don't notice.

I dont know, but it looks like it is the four legs of a horse, or is it a sheep, the cowboy is standing behind, doing something, I have no idea. Do those cacti look to be male?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 14:26 by relms.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 6, 2015 14:45

relms

I dont know, but it looks like it is the four legs of a horse, or is it a sheep, the cowboy is standing behind, doing something, I have no idea.

These are the additional Chaps over the trousers:

Cowboy - [en.wikipedia.org] · large version of this picture

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 18:05 by Irix.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 6, 2015 15:19

Irix
relms

I dont know, but it looks like it is the four legs of a horse, or is it a sheep, the cowboy is standing behind, doing something, I have no idea.

It's these additional 'blanket' (or 'apron') over the trousers:

Cowboy - [en.wikipedia.org]
ah, gotcha. Thanks, but that^horse better start paying attention, she seems distracted.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 16:09

I'm not even going to this show and i'm still all super excited for everyone going tonight. Have a great show everyone!

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 6, 2015 16:27

I like the simplicity of the big tongue poster, but "Zip Code" font is way too big.

Happy with the song vote choices. Would like them to play all of those songs to be honest. If it's a true vote, then I'd say Street Fighting Man will win.

Hoping for a Dallas reference with Rip This Joint in the #3 slot, though that might be a long shot.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: June 6, 2015 17:48

Which bars are playing up the Stones theme?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 6, 2015 18:36

relms
Green Lady
dcba
MisterDDDD

Very nice.

I dont know, but it looks like it is the four legs of a horse, or is it a sheep, the cowboy is standing behind, doing something, I have no idea. Do those cacti look to be male?

"Roll another one" I like this cowboy poster and now I'm waiting for this one: "Geronimo".

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home