Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: chances jerry jones intrduces the stones sat.nite
Posted by: 99thfloor ()
Date: June 5, 2015 16:20

lem motlow
probably a small chance jerra is out there doing introductions but i wouldnt be suprised if he's there-

i'll post this once here and once on the dallas thread and dgodkin can vouch for me on this-

this is the first stop in an NFL stadium the first 3 were

1.baseball
2.college football
3.college football

the NFL do not fck around when it comes to security-there are 32 stadiums and when you go there it doesnt matter if you're a big rock band,country star or whatever they dont care, you're in their house-they have LEAGUE GUIDLINES for what you can and cant do.

WOMEN-you CANNOT bring your purse into the stadium.period. you have to have a see-through plastic purse.they sell them at a stand outside the stadium or you can purchase one before you go to the show.do not get in line thinking they will just look through it or give you a pass,they will turn you away.

MEN-dont even think of bringing anything in other than yourself.bags,containers,or anything else will get you turned away.
cameras are not permitted,use your phone if you want to take a picture.

expect more security than at other shows,way more.

regarding The camera information allowed inside for NFL stadiums.It is simply not true! I walk in with them all the time as long as lenses are no longer than 6 inches in length. No idea where this disinformation comes from?

Re: Arlington/Dallas TX USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 5, 2015 16:54

Maybe it would helpful to include the date of the show, time, and opener in your thread line for the casual reader. Even start times in the major time zones would help to decipher the chaos.

I must admit The Sicilian, it is very easy to find this info on IORR and haven't noticed any chaos at all. As for start time, a quick google will give you current time in Dallas,San Diego etc and easy to work out from there. I'm not that great with a pc , and I find it easy.

This is by far the easiest Stones fans site to find info. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 16:57 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: June 5, 2015 16:57

I have two tickets, section 119, face value $200 each. I'd take $75 each if anyone is interested.

Email me if interest: dwbickel2@statlab.com

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 17:04

Dallas merch is now up

Posted by: ledstones ()
Date: June 5, 2015 17:19

tweedamp3
Dallas merch is now up

Any chance you could post the link?

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 17:42

Posted by: ledstones ()
Date: June 5, 2015 18:37

Hey Thanks!!! Was hoping for a star on that tongue

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 18:53

If anyone is looking, I have two floor seats, will sell for face value ($395 + fees each). PDF delivery. I bought one pair and then a second one when better seats became available.

Floor E
Row: 38

email me: ndragoo@gmail.com

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 5, 2015 19:24

cowboys gear is up for sale for all you cowboys...

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Posted by: donnacorleone ()
Date: June 5, 2015 20:11

Hello everyone.

Okay, so we CAN bring cameras then? I googled it, but there's different info on different sites.

Also, none of the guys do a "wave at the crowd" out their car window thing as they drive into the venue like Paul McCartney does, right? So, there's no point in showing up THAT early to try and catch a glimpse? Or, is there?

Thanks for your help!! Can't wait! grinning smiley

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 5, 2015 20:45

donnacorleone
Hello everyone.

Okay, so we CAN bring cameras then? I googled it, but there's different info on different sites.

Also, none of the guys do a "wave at the crowd" out their car window thing as they drive into the venue like Paul McCartney does, right? So, there's no point in showing up THAT early to try and catch a glimpse? Or, is there?

Thanks for your help!! Can't wait! grinning smiley

Not sure about cameras, big ones are certainly not allowed unless you a member of the press.

I would still show up relatively early to avoid lines or hangout at a local bar/restaurant and go in later, your choice.

Cheers!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:13

Natlanta

Those shirts are offensive
5 yards

Re: chances jerry jones intrduces the stones sat.nite
Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:15

Does anyone know if security has discovered Binoculars or Barnoculars? These are the double flasks that look like Binoculars, hold two half pints. I have carried them into a lot of concerts over the years. Got caught drinking out of them at one show. They (security) dumped them out.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:56

Munichhilton
Natlanta

5 yards

What's a bit offensive is the slightly overwhelming selection of merch. It's like walking into a WalMart...too many choices, man! (and loads of cheap crap).

peace

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 5, 2015 22:05

I like the hoodie. My Son-In-Law is a big Cowboys fan and he likes also.

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: June 5, 2015 22:08

Everyone to has Lucky Dip Tickets. Just called and got the information:

Pick-up will be on the Player's Entrance
Between Gates F & G
South Side
Forming Line: 5:00
Pick-Up: 6:00

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 5, 2015 22:23

Munichhilton
Natlanta

5 yards

yeah well... maybe for the ATL show there'll be a tongue licking the fuzz right off a peach?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 22:27

i'd like for them to play "sweet virginia" at this show.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:12

If you show up at 9pm guess what.....no lines.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:15

I don't like the Cowboys, but that's a nice looking T-Shirt.

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:06

Thanks y'all, my two tickets are spoken for, thanks for the inquiries.

See y'all tomorrow!!!

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:53

Not everyone in Texas is a Cowboy fan. I have to assume the Stones chose Dallas due to its geographic advantages. It can draw fans from Oklahoma and other regions of Texas. In Houston people cheer for the Texans. I also don´t like the Cowboys. My son is excited about getting a T'Shirt. We´ll check the vending tables tomorrow. These blue shirts are horrible.

Posted by: space2k ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:01

Maybe the 6 1/2 million people had something to do with it.
Also:
[imgur.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:02

Well, bummer. Because of health issues, I'm out of this one. I hope everybody who goes has a great time! smiling smiley

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:19

Does anyone have any clue whether they will utilize the giant screen (i.e., has this been used in other big shows at AT&T)?

Posted by: skullduggery09 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:33

Sharks:

No.

"Video boards will not be in use for this event."

other bits:

As we prepare for The Rolling Stones on Saturday, June 6th, we want to pass along general information to keep you informed.

Important Information
AT&T Stadium has instituted a policy prohibiting purses and bags inside the stadium. Please be aware of the AT&T Stadium Purse and Bag Policy.

We have created a sheet that includes valuable information to keep you informed on this event.

Video boards will not be in use for this event.

For additional information about AT&T Stadium, please go to www.attstadium.com.

Event Timeline
5:00pm ......................................... AT&T Stadium Parking Lots Open
6:00pm ......................................... AT&T Stadium Plazas and Entrances Open
8:00pm ......................................... Concert Begins with Opening Act, Grace Potter
11:45pm ....................................... Event Ends (estimated)
Times are approximate and subject to change.

If it is like MN, Potter will be 8-8:30 with The Boys on at 9:15.

See ya there...
Charlie in Austin

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:40

I received this email today. Sorry, but the maps did not open from the email.

No Purses. No Bags. View the AT&T Stadium Purse and Bag Policy here.

The Rolling Stones
Special Guest: Grace Potter
Saturday, June 6th
AT&T Stadium
As we prepare for The Rolling Stones on Saturday, June 6th, we want to pass along general information to keep you informed.
Important Information
AT&T Stadium has instituted a policy prohibiting purses and bags inside the stadium. Please be aware of the AT&T Stadium Purse and Bag Policy.

We have created a sheet that includes valuable information to keep you informed on this event.
Click here to view the Event Information sheet.
Video boards will not be in use for this event.
For additional information about AT&T Stadium, please go to www.attstadium.com.

Event Timeline
5:00pm ......................................... AT&T Stadium Parking Lots Open
6:00pm ......................................... AT&T Stadium Plazas and Entrances Open
8:00pm ......................................... Concert Begins with Opening Act, Grace Potter
11:45pm ....................................... Event Ends (estimated)
Times are approximate and subject to change.
Traffic and Parking
We recommend pre-purchasing your parking pass. By pre-purchasing your parking, you guarantee a space in an AT&T Stadium parking lot and can plan your route to the stadium accordingly. To purchase your parking pass and print it at home, click here.

Abram Street is under construction between Collins Street and Highway 360. This will affect out-bound traffic on Collins Street South to Abram Street from Lots 11, 12, 13 and 14. As an alternative, we suggest using Collins Street South to Park Row; Turn left on Park Row to Highway 360 or further east to George Bush Toll Highway (Highway 161).

We suggest using www.dallascowboysmaps.com for your travels to AT&T Stadium. This website provides you the best route from your point of origin to your pre-purchased or selected cash lot.

Below are two suggested routes to use for arrival. These alternative routes will allow you to avoid the heavily congested Collins Street, Ballpark Way and AT&T Way exits off of I-30.
I-30 Westbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Westbound to SH 161; Take SH 161 Southbound to Main Street/Division Street exit; Turn Right on Main Street/Division Street; Turn Right on AT&T Way to Silver Lots or Turn Right on Collins Street to Blue Lots.

I-30 Eastbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Eastbound to Center Street (Exit 27cool smiley; Keep Right on ramp towards Center Street; Turn Right on Center Street; Turn Left on Randol Mill Road to Blue Lots or Turn Left on Division Street and Left on AT&T Way to Silver Lots.

The I-30 HOV lane is open and available for use. Look for the exit signs for the "Express Lane".

Tailgating
Tailgating is permitted in designated tailgating spaces located along the perimeter of each of the AT&T Stadium and Rangers parking lots. The spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.

There will be no early admittance into parking lots.

Parking privileges can be revoked at any time for failure to follow parking guidelines.

Download the FREE AT&T Stadium app and enhance your experience with event and venue information.

iPhone: Click here from your mobile device to download the app.
Android: Click here from your mobile device to download the app.
We look forward to seeing you at AT&T Stadium!

After I posted this I realized skullduggery09 beat me to it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 01:42 by Andrew.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:57

Blue Boy
Not everyone in Texas is a Cowboy fan. I have to assume the Stones chose Dallas due to its geographic advantages. It can draw fans from Oklahoma and other regions of Texas. In Houston people cheer for the Texans. I also don´t like the Cowboys. My son is excited about getting a T'Shirt. We´ll check the vending tables tomorrow. These blue shirts are horrible.

I don't like the Cowboys either, but I think it's a cool shirt. It's at AT&T Stadium, so it's only natural that they have some shirts that reflect that. Many bands have begun to do these sports/concert hybrid merchandise. Obviously not everybody in the town, state or region is going to be a fan, but you don't have to be to wear it. I'm not a Mavericks fan either, but I like wearing my Pearl Jam/Mavericks shirt. There are other shirts available, maybe not city specific, but I see they have a lot of different tour shirts of various designs/colors that list all the tour dates on the back. If you want the Dallas shirt, I guess you have to come to terms with the fact that you're going to see them in the Cowboys' house.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: June 6, 2015 02:06

I hated the Cowboys for many years, but I married into it, which pretty much makes me a fan. However, that goes both ways, so my wife is now a de facto Stones fan. It's all about compromise. smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:29

Don't even try to bring a bag, no matter how small it is. I have an ultra small bag, just for my poncho and camera, but they denied me access in Minneapolis. I could not throw it away, so I emptied it, put the stuff in my pockets, the empty backpack under my jacket, and walked in. So silly. But I know they don't want us to carry in any bombs of course.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home