Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Arlington/Dallas TX USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:27

Looks like a full house in Big D - that's always more fun. But not good news for my Lucky Dips. smiling smiley

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:26

Went to the San Diego show last week, and what a show! The pre-game festivities with fellow IORRs was fantastic at Moonshine Flats. Plenty of singing and drinking to our favorite tunes. A place maybe for similar pre-gaming might be at Tailgate Tavern, close to the stadium. Has any other place been mentioned for pre-show partying???

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:57

During the Stones second show in the fall of 1981 Mick remarked about the previous show the day before by saying...How many of you were here yesterday? (the crowd roars) he then says...We were looking for the f ing arc. Fast forward to N Texas next week and he might think about bringing one with them. We should aptly name this coming show The Texas Flood pt 2.

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:28

The weather forecast predicts and end to this monthlong monsoon on Monday. Saturday's forecast is cloudy with a high of 91 and low of 71 with a 10% chance of rain. I seriously doubt that the stadium roof will be open, though. If this is the case, I don't know if the soundcheck will be audible from outside the stadium. Has anybody tried to hear a soundcheck outside AT&T Stadium?

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:05

When will the soundcheck take place for this? Day of? I'll be driving from Kileen, about 3 hours south. Looking forward to my Lucky Dip tickets.

Date: May 30, 2015 19:47

He also commented how the rain was ruining his makeup that day...

BTW, Dallas, where's the pre-party??

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:40

Yeah, he said something about his mascara after Time Is On My Side.

"She's so cold and I'm so wet!"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:44

Whis four songs do you suppose are going to be put up on the voting ballot for Dallas?

Heartbreaker
Under My Thumb
Far Away Eyes
Paint It Black

I'm quite sure on the Sticky Fingers set they will do Dead Flowers or Wild Horses. For some reason Jagger always does those two when the Stones play Texas. In addition to Moonlight Mile and Bitch.

Date: June 1, 2015 17:10

Where is the IORR Stones Gathering for this show?

There are lots of places close to the stadium.

Date: June 1, 2015 18:52

Agree, where is the pre-party? Is there a place that will play Stones music all day and serve cocktails?? Walking distance to Stadium??

Date: June 1, 2015 21:09

There's a Joe's Crab Shack by the stadium with lakeside dining, 1520 Nolan Ryan Expwy. They have music and may be able to accommodate by playing RS. I can speak to the manager and see what he can do.

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:22

If you want to hear soundcheck, you will have to be by the doors. When the doors are closed, you really can't hear anything. But you can ask the security guards or people workin the doors to open it so you can hear it, they might. Depends how friendly they are

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:24

I have lucky dip tickets for this show and I hope they change floor plan and add more seats for the lucky dips

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:44

Maybe they'll do Rip This Joint, since it mentions Dallas? I for one would not be sad if this happened.

Date: June 1, 2015 22:10

makemeburnthecandle
There's a Joe's Crab Shack by the stadium with lakeside dining, 1520 Nolan Ryan Expwy. They have music and may be able to accommodate by playing RS. I can speak to the manager and see what he can do.

Could be a fun place.

Also right next to my Hotel!!!!

Who usually decides these things?

Date: June 1, 2015 22:28

Joe's has about 80 seats on the patio outside however; they have to follow corporate policy and play the tunes from some service that sounds similar to Pandora. Manager says there's a variety on there including the Stones but I imagine they would be few and far between.

Date: June 1, 2015 23:15

makemeburnthecandle
Joe's has about 80 seats on the patio outside however; they have to follow corporate policy and play the tunes from some service that sounds similar to Pandora. Manager says there's a variety on there including the Stones but I imagine they would be few and far between.

All sounds good to me. How can we make it the official IORR Gathering?

Its as close as you can get to the Stadium also I think.

Posted by: space2k ()
Date: June 2, 2015 00:57

The wife and I are coming from East Dallas (nothing compared to the long distances many here are reporting). There are lots of large restaurants near the stadium/ballpark/six flags area, but sad to say most of them are kind of bland chains (correct me if I'm wrong, Arlington folks!). Lots of great places in Dallas or Fort Worth, but that puts you 10-15 miles from the show. I strongly recommend out of towners spend some time in Fort Worth or Dallas before or after the show. Feel free to hit me up for info if you like. Can't wait for this show!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:10

best non floor seats in the house open on TM if anyone wants to spend $420 per.

Sec C107
Row 1, Seats 12-13

Date: June 2, 2015 03:14

mnewman505
best non floor seats in the house open on TM if anyone wants to spend $420 per.

Sec C107
Row 1, Seats 12-13

Not sure if it's the best seat Very much to the side. But wondering now if they figured out they can push the stage back a little and add more seats. Wish they could sell enough to set the indoor concert record again I am pretty sure dallas / texas needs more seats or another show.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 2, 2015 05:55

I totally concur with space2k you must check out the two cities a day or two before the show, but maybe stay close to Arlington the day of.Of course for you high rollers (pun intended) you can always limo right up to if you'd like. Do any of my local metroplexers think the Jerry World jumbo tron will be on during the show?

Date: June 2, 2015 16:37

What about Tailgate Tavern you local folks? Could we turn that into an official IORR party place? Very close to stadium..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:01

FREE DALLAS TICKET TO THE SALT OF THE EARTH...

I have been contacted by two different people who have an extra ticket, and they can not use it, so they want to give these tickets away. If you have a friend who can not affort to go to the show, and who would be happy to get a ticket for the Dallas show, please let me know. There are two tickets, they are placed separately, and I am unable to reply about where they are in the venue. No scalpers or resellers please, I must have contact with someone I trust. Feel free to send me an e-mail at iorr@arena.no - Thanks!

UPDATE: Both tickets have been given away, those who contacted me are given info about this separately now.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 19:08 by bv.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 23:07

I have an extra lucky dip ticket. Email me if interested.

rbarnes00@yahoo.com

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 00:02

rbarnes00
I have an extra lucky dip ticket. Email me if interested.

How much do those lucky dip tickets cost? I have a buddy who might want to come along with me, but he wants some cheap ticket. I'd be pissed if his ticket ended up being better than mine though, which wouldn't be hard. I think Ticketmaster pulled a switcheroo on me when I was buying my ticket, or maybe I just misread, but I thought I was getting an entirely different section. I'm on the opposite side of the field and about 30 yards further back from the stage than I thought I was when I was checking out. I'll be able to hear just fine though.

Shesarainbow
What about Tailgate Tavern you local folks? Could we turn that into an official IORR party place? Very close to stadium..

Is there going to be a gathering? I anticipate having plenty of free time, I'll probably head up there early to check out some merch, and check out the stadium for a bit, and just to go ahead and get there without any hassle. I don't know many places in Arlington, at least not anymore. The only place I really know of is Bobby V's, which I'm pretty sure is close to the stadium. When I was a kid we always used to eat there before Rangers games, and Bobby Valentine would always be in there. Since that's the only place I know of, that's where I'm going with some friends before the show for some birthday beers/burgers. That's probably going to be earlier in the day though, I think I'm going to head over to a record store I really like over there called Forever Young Records, because I don't get to that side of town often. Then I'll probably cruise over to the stadium.

I highly recommend checking that place out if anybody has the time. Lots of cool Stones stuff in there usually.

Date: June 3, 2015 00:02

Shesarainbow

Very close and they look like they are all about the Rolling Stones!

[www.tailgatetavern.net]

Posted by: Apollowoman ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:54

TRAVEL FROM AUSTIN . Are there any folks traveling from Austin area? I am looking to share a ride.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:48

i'll post this once more before the show-

the dallas gig is the first stop in an NFL stadium.

the football stadiums have their own guidlines for security and it doesnt follow the whims of a rock band or a country band or anyone else.they dont give a shit who you are, they have LEAGUE GUIDELINES for security in the 32 stadiums.

WOMEN-you can use a small clutch purse 5 by 8 or a see through plastic purse or a zip-lock bag .dont try to bend these rules they will make you get out of line
MEN- its just best to carry nothing because almost everything is prohibited.no camera cases,seat cusions,coolers,bags bigger than a postage stamp or whatever..thing is they enforce the rules at these places,dont expect to slide by like some other venues.

just giving a heads up- i go to these stadiums to see my team [go 9ers,well lately its been go to prison 9rs,but thats another story] but trust me it REALLY SUCKS standing in a huge line and then being told sorry,and having to walk back to your car,

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 00:22

lem motlow
MEN- its just best to carry nothing because almost everything is prohibited.no camera cases,seat cusions,coolers,bags bigger than a postage stamp or whatever..thing is they enforce the rules at these places,dont expect to slide by like some other venues.

How about a big bag of weed?

Date: June 4, 2015 00:27

NoCode0680
lem motlow

How about a big bag of weed?

Probably make it a little bag to be safe.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home