Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Minneapolis MN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 3, 2015 03:02

mnewman505
nice to see Mick out and about...in a city where I doubt he will be bothered that much by the locals.

Honestly I would be thinking some people would go on over. But I may be wrong.

-RS

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 3, 2015 03:31

man do i want one of those golden gopher tongues.

Date: June 3, 2015 03:41

I'm thinking the same thing Natlanta!

-RS

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:28

I really hope you all get something special. No fan vote.. Hopefully that is a good sign!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:41

flacnvinyl
I really hope you all get something special. No fan vote.. Hopefully that is a good sign!

Maybe they are starting to get some flack for cheesy setlist and running order. All they have to do is peek around here for the vibe. Once you get past all the cheerleaders and worshipers you get some real reviews and comments.

I personally think they should just junk the entire setlist and redo the placement of songs and most importantly add about six more tracks. Jeez, they don't have any new material so get creative and open the catalog.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:52

The Sicilian
flacnvinyl

Maybe they are starting to get some flack for cheesy setlist and running order. All they have to do is peek around here for the vibe. Once you get past all the cheerleaders and worshipers you get some real reviews and comments.

I personally think they should just junk the entire setlist and redo the placement of songs and most importantly add about six more tracks. Jeez, they don't have any new material so get creative and open the catalog.

Well said. But likely they are not well rehearsed enough to pull off anything more than the typical warhorses and the Sticky Fingers numbers they've worked on. I think they are aware of the stale setlist and their whole approach to opening it up a bit this year was a few SF tunes...nothing more.

peace

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: June 3, 2015 06:05

Instead of selling the idea that they are touring Sticky Fingers they should be honest and say that they are touring Hot Rocks.

This tour is for people who never saw them and my children who are under 13 years old.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:29

I feel sorry for old fans who have gotten to the point where they feel "Gimme Shelter", "Midnight Rambler", "Brown Sugar" and "Jumping Jack Flash" comprise not the among greatest songs in rock history, but components of a "cheesy setlist". While I think those tracks still sound magnificent to those who only listen to their albums and see perhaps a show per tour, for bootleg, YouTube and setlist enthusiasts, it seems familiarity really does breed contempt.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:42

Naturalust
The Sicilian
flacnvinyl

Well said. But likely they are not well rehearsed enough to pull off anything more than the typical warhorses and the Sticky Fingers numbers they've worked on. I think they are aware of the stale setlist and their whole approach to opening it up a bit this year was a few SF tunes...nothing more.

peace

Yeah these grumpy old geritol fans who whine about not getting their deep cuts are pretty pathetic. They need to go home and dust off their LP's. I'm going to a stadium show to have fun with my son and listen to some great classic rock.

I hope I never get so old and bitter that all I can do is whine about my favorite band. Imagine how miserable these old men are in person.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:00

The Sicilian
flacnvinyl

Hey, I admit, I somewhat resemble those remarks! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

However, I do take umbrage at that dismissive nature of your comment re. "cheerleaders & worshipers."........REAL reviews & comments?
You're saying that these types can't even be objective enough to formulate a well-balanced review?

Firstly,The day a guy puts down cheerleaders is, well, just a sad day, period. Imho.sad smiley

And worshipers? Yes some of us really admire & look up to the talent of The Stones.But that doesn't mean we just BLINDLY look up to them, with no critiqing at all. I don't think I've seen anyone on this web site who doesn't formulate their own opinions of the RS including sometimes a negative comment.

Worshiping involves sacrifice & giving. I don't give that much to The Stones, none of us do (except for people like bv that do work a lot for the RS without actual pay). There's no one passing around the hat for contributions, promising that all my dreams will come true.

In fact, I consider myself the happy recipient of practically FREE stones music every day of my life. The giving/taking actually involves me doing the taking 99% of the time. I haven't had to spend much on their music, esp. when you factor in all the listening hours, days, years.

Concerts are the cost but if you don't like their concerts you don't have to go. Just ignore the concerts.

Perhaps only people who have ummmmmm, Idols to Worship would feel so disappointed when their Idols don't deliver what they want.

I'd sure rather cheer on a thing that brings me joy & happiness than the alternative: giving ones heart over to nothing and feeling entitled & cheated out of something all the time.

An Empty Heart is Like an Empty Life.

Don't mistake enthusiasm or loyalty for lack of discerning criticism or intelligence. But to beat a thing (setlist complaints) to death is just.....boring.

Go Go Stones! LUV YOU STONES!! hot smiley AND please interpret every one of my exclamation points as a symbolic POM-POM!!! hot smiley

I'm not really directing my comments at anyone in particular here....but it does get wearisome to constantly hear all the criticism re. setlists so often on so many of these Threads. Life's too short.....

I know, I know...I sound like Blah, Blah, Blah ....and so do you constant setlist complainers.

(what the he** is HER problem?? who knows...? but the word is don't go near her if there are any beer bottles that may easily get broken)

Thanks for listening.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 11:36 by tauk.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:04

drbryant
I feel sorry for old fans who have gotten to the point where they feel "Gimme Shelter", "Midnight Rambler", "Brown Sugar" and "Jumping Jack Flash" comprise not the among greatest songs in rock history, but components of a "cheesy setlist". While I think those tracks still sound magnificent to those who only listen to their albums and see perhaps a show per tour, for bootleg, YouTube and setlist enthusiasts, it seems familiarity really does breed contempt.

Well said....better than I could. Go drbryant!

You're absolutely right...these familiar songs ARE the very best rock lyrics & music ever created to-date on our planet. Why wouldn't people want to be treated to it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 07:53 by tauk.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:25

[Twitter.com]

Can someone detect the Minneapolis Poster? winking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:42

Looking at the hourly forecasts, rain tomorrow clearing around 9:00 pm! If that turns out to be accurate, talk about perfect timing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 09:43 by drbryant.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:58

flacnvinyl

Something special would be great! I might be misremembering but wasn't the San Diego fan vote also so late that everyone thought it had been ditched?

Date: June 3, 2015 10:15

Beast

Something special would be great! I might be misremembering but wasn't the San Diego fan vote also so late that everyone thought it had been ditched?

Maybe something special is in the works - [www.rollingstones.com] is completely down now since at least one hour .... confused smiley

The Song Vote for San Diego was by the way on Twitter on May 23, 7:55pm Pacific Time: [Twitter.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 10:25 by Irix.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 3, 2015 10:21

Naturalust
MisterDDDD
cmc
bv
triplelicks
Pre-party at Sally's Saloon near stadium. Please join in!

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

So that I can meet people who post stories on that forum about how much they hate me?

Possibly bv was referring to the people on shidoobee.......

That makes sense.
There has been some extremely unkind posts towards bv there lately.. one poster in particular.. vulgarly offensive.

Judging from the few things I've read on that site he has plenty of folks who respect him and value his info. and insights too. Just about every review and report he posts here on IORR is copied on that site. I think it's a bit overblown to think he has haters over there. Probably just a few bad eggs he's banned from this site who are still childishly holding a grudge.

peace

Hmmm, ignore the BV bashing - we all see what he does for us here. You can not
Please everyone.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 3, 2015 10:23

Irix
Beast

Maybe something special is in the works - [www.rollingstones.com] is completely down now since at least one hour .... confused smiley

The Song Vote for San Diego was by the way on Twitter on May 24, 3:34pm Pacific Time: [Twitter.com] .

It's online again. But the tickets-page throws a 404!

Date: June 3, 2015 10:30

waterrats

Strange - I can see the Ticket page, but get a 404 for the News page .... [www.rollingstones.com] .

Date: June 3, 2015 10:39

Irix
waterrats

Strange - I can see the Ticket page, but get a 404 for the News page .... [www.rollingstones.com] .

Yeah, that, too. Other pages as well, like rollingstones.com/crossfire-hurricane/

Maybe they're switching IPs and haven't linked the symbolic URLs correctly yet.
I bet some guys are really busy there right now... eye rolling smiley

Oh, wait: they built that site with Wordpress... could be a WP issue then, hehehe ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 10:42 by waterrats.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 3, 2015 11:35

The Site will be switched to http s

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: June 3, 2015 13:09

it would be quit superb when Prince entered the stage for a duet and some guitarpicking while it's his hometown..cool smiley

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 3, 2015 13:34

Irix

I cannot, although I do see the generic Zip Code poster. Bummer that it's looking like there isn't one.

Date: June 3, 2015 13:54

HighwireC
The Site will be switched to http s
[www.rollingstones.com]

Really? Well, waaay to go! grinning smiley

Posted by: MJ78 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:03

Show day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anything more exciting for a Stones fan? God I wish I was there.

Good luck to all who are going. You will have a blast.

Roll on Stones.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 3, 2015 15:12

shedooby
it would be quit superb when Prince entered the stage for a duet and some guitarpicking while it's his hometown..cool smiley

When I heard that the stones play in mpls, imagined about it at first.smiling smiley

Today I am going to visit FIRST AVENUE before the show. Take some photos from outside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 15:14 by a bigger nut.

Date: June 3, 2015 15:42

shedooby

Someone on the Startrib comment section suggested Paul Westerberg in addition to Prince. That would be alright thumbs up

Posted by: lambfan68 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 15:44

Wouldn't count on Paul W. The Replacements are playing a show in England tomight.

Date: June 3, 2015 15:47

lambfan68
Wouldn't count on Paul W. The Replacements are playing a show in England tomight.

Ah..that does make it a bit unlikely. But still more likely than Prince showing up. Prove me wrong purple one!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 16:06

weinerdog
Irix

I cannot, although I do see the generic Zip Code poster. Bummer that it's looking like there isn't one.
There will be today at Noon when the merch truck opens yesterday was left overs from Columbus I talked to the guy's running the merch show.
They didn't even have the Minneapolis shirt up yesterday.

Date: June 3, 2015 17:11

weinerdog
lambfan68

Ah..that does make it a bit unlikely. But still more likely than Prince showing up. Prove me wrong purple one!

Bob Dylan?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home