Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Minneapolis MN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 23, 2015 19:01

Pre-party at Sally's Saloon near stadium. Please join in!

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:24

See you there triplelicks. Thanks!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 24, 2015 07:29

This is not about the Stones concert but anyone know if there are any Twins fanshop in the city center of Minneapolis ?

I am expecting there must be some shops around Target Field though...

Date: May 27, 2015 03:07

Personally I did not know the locations of Twins retail stores. Looking online there appear to be three stores - Minnetonka being the closest to downtown Minneapolis. A midday (no traffic) trip is around ten minutes one way; due west on 394.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:15

The shop at Target Field is open 6 days/week.

Twins Shop at Target Field

Date: May 27, 2015 03:26

Doing more ticket pulls today - two seats, best available always got D row 39 or 40. I tried something different - selected two seats and then four seats for AXS Invite - the results were B row 5 seats 19-24. I did that a couple of more times and found B row 14 seats 1-6. I took those and ended up with seats 1-2. Seats 3-6 are available to my invite for 72 hours - which they wont take. That means those four seats are not available to others for 3 days. Very decent seats imo. Now I have upper level extras - let me know if interested. Sect 210 or 142, both row 11.

Date: May 27, 2015 18:58

cmc
Personally I did not know the locations of Twins retail stores. Looking online there appear to be three stores - Minnetonka being the closest to downtown Minneapolis. A midday (no traffic) trip is around ten minutes one way; due west on 394.

weinerdog
The shop at Target Field is open 6 days/week.

Twins Shop at Target Field

Thank you, guys.
I am going to see the Stones in 20 hours layover at Minneapolis.
I will try Target Field before going to the concert venue. smiling smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:05

I see that they are predicting a "strong thunderstorm" on Wednesday. This concerns me quite a bit, as I am planning on flying in that afternoon. How accurate are these forecasts of a thunderstorm 7 days from now?

Date: May 29, 2015 00:13

drbryant
I see that they are predicting a "strong thunderstorm" on Wednesday. This concerns me quite a bit, as I am planning on flying in that afternoon. How accurate are these forecasts of a thunderstorm 7 days from now?

Not very. Weather dot com has already changed next Wednesday's forecast from yesterday, and now shows just a 20% chance of rain on the day of the show.

I wouldn't worry about any of it until Monday or so.

weather linky

Date: May 29, 2015 08:59

Thanks.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:31

Does anyone know how many seats are in the sections adjacent to the ramp? I'm in D20 seat 12. Is that right beside the ramp?

Date: May 30, 2015 01:56

Ticket drop - all price levels available now for anyone that's been holding out for $99 or $65 seats.

Date: May 30, 2015 02:03

Ticket drop - all price levels available now for anyone that's been holding out for $99 or $65 seats.

Whoa, just noticed that they're also lowering prices. Just pulled a pair in sec 109 row 20 - those were $395 but they come up at $199.

The other item of note is that there is now a $99 price point on the Floor?! That has never been there. Even though no tickets available in that section they'll probably drop some.

Between this and the 2700+ tickets on Stubhub now = BUYERS MARKET!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 31, 2015 18:36

Minneapolis is next...travelling with my 15 and 17 year old daughters from Amsterdam to Chicago tomorrow and heading on tuesday to Minneapolis. Both my girls studied hard to recognise the songs within 2 seconds...smiling smiley It's only rock 'n roll but It will be amazing to see them find out why the Stones are the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world..... Wil be on the floor, block D....can't wait...

Date: May 31, 2015 21:16

I guess I could just wait until Wednesday, but does anyone know how the seat numbers work on the floor in Sections C and D? Right to left, left to right?

Date: May 31, 2015 21:31

drbryant
I guess I could just wait until Wednesday, but does anyone know how the seat numbers work on the floor in Sections C and D? Right to left, left to right?

From this One Direction ticketmaster image (also at TCF this summer) it looks left to right.

Date: May 31, 2015 22:27

Hendrik
Minneapolis is next...travelling with my 15 and 17 year old daughters from Amsterdam to Chicago tomorrow and heading on tuesday to Minneapolis. Both my girls studied hard to recognise the songs within 2 seconds...smiling smiley It's only rock 'n roll but It will be amazing to see them find out why the Stones are the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world..... Wil be on the floor, block D....can't wait...

Should post your daughters' photo, not yours. grinning smiley
I will be in block D as well.

Someone have a seat between 1-6 in block D ?
If it start from 7, I am very happy as I have seat 7.

Date: June 1, 2015 16:36

a bigger nut
Hendrik

Should post your daughters' photo, not yours. grinning smiley
I will be in block D as well.

Someone have a seat between 1-6 in block D ?
If it start from 7, I am very happy as I have seat 7.

Based on the map above, I think you've got a good chance of being on the center rail. Worst case, you're 6 seats away. You really can't lose.

Posted by: lambfan68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:46

Looks like side stage view tickets in Section 108 for $99.50 have just been added. Can't tell from the map how bad these would be since I've never been to a Stones stadium show (or a Stones show in general). Can anyone tell?

I've been holding off on buying tickets until this week.

Edit: Went ahead and bought two of these since they're fairly close to the stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 21:31 by lambfan68.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:03

Wouldn't be surprised if LD tix become available by tomorrow.

Will have worked out where to put in extra seats and eventually all seats left unsold will be Lucky Dip.

Hope everyone gets a good deal with tickets at the gig.

Looking forward to follow it all on IORR and try out this periscope thing. It does sound good to be able to hear it all coming through live. smiling smiley

Date: June 1, 2015 22:43

Has the band arrived?

Date: June 1, 2015 23:12

Monday 2pm

Date: June 1, 2015 23:14

The stage is up. Sorry, but I could not get a view from the front.

Date: June 1, 2015 23:17

Fingers crossed for weather like this on Wednesday!

Date: June 2, 2015 00:20

Those pics are gorgeous. But it sounds like rain is a real possibility for Wednesday.

I've never been to Minnesota. When they say "scattered thunderstorms" what does that usually mean - does that mean it could come pouring down for hours at a time, or does that usually mean intermittent showers of short duration?

I'm not that concerned about the show itself. I've seen lots of shows in the rain. My concern is that I am arriving on that afternoon and so I worry about the flight getting diverted.

Date: June 2, 2015 00:34

drbryant
Those pics are gorgeous. But it sounds like rain is a real possibility for Wednesday.

I've never been to Minnesota. When they say "scattered thunderstorms" what does that usually mean - does that mean it could come pouring down for hours at a time, or does that usually mean intermittent showers of short duration?

I'm not that concerned about the show itself. I've seen lots of shows in the rain. My concern is that I am arriving on that afternoon and so I worry about the flight getting diverted.

That kind of forecast is extremely typical for a late spring/summer day up in these parts. We very rarely get the type of monsoon-type rain that the south central states have been getting. Sure, it can happen, but we're only 2 days from showtime and there would be weather alerts up already if anything in the forcast looked worse than typical stuff. 'Scattered' usually means some areas might get a few hours of on/off rain or maybe a brief downpour, and other areas stay totally dry.

I went to a U2 show show at TCF that was at the end of July. There was some lightning in the distance but the show still went on. We did get pretty wet, but it led Bono to bust out a quick rendition of 'singing in the rain'. If anything it made the show more memorable. For a stadium show, TCF is pretty intimate and I think you'll have a great time.

I also absolutely wouldn't worry about your flight. If they messed with diverting them every time we had a bit of thunderstorms nobody would ever get up here from May-September smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 00:46 by weinerdog.

Posted by: SomeStonesFan ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:23

If anyone is still worried about rain on Wednesday, most of the time when the forecast says scattered thunderstorms, the most we get is just some light rain. I'd bring a light rain jacket/rain poncho just in case.

Date: June 2, 2015 02:27

SomeStonesFan
If anyone is still worried about rain on Wednesday, most of the time when the forecast says scattered thunderstorms, the most we get is just some light rain. I'd bring a light rain jacket/rain poncho just in case.

I agree SSF. And look at the bright side; no snow in the forecast!

Posted by: SomeStonesFan ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:30

cmc
SomeStonesFan

I agree SSF. And look at the bright side; no snow in the forecast!

Haha, good point. But with our weather you never know what could happen

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:59

I just called Sally's because I wasn't sure if it would be okay for our 15 year old daughter to come with us for the pre-party and the girl on the phone said they they will have the entire street blocked off for it. Huge block party! Kids are welcome and it should be a great timesmiling smiley I'm really looking forward to Wednesday! See you all there.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home