Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Minneapolis MN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:54

LetsWork
josepi
It appears some gold, silver, and sapphire vip's are being re-allocated. Nice find. You're one fast weinerdog!

Back of the sapphires were also re-allocated earlier for Columbus, Pittsburgh and possibly Nashville and KC.

weinerdog
A bunch of $199/149 seats have been released on AXS - go get 'em! Scored 4 in 139!!!

I just scored 209, row 6. Considering all of the scalpers are selling rows 29-32 in that section, I feel pretty good about waiting a few days until the better seats went on sale.

I hope I can still see the whole stage from that perspective; it's a little side-stage, but I'd rather be close on the side than far away with a straight-on view.

Great job, you just got a $301 silver vip package (minus trinkets) at 1/2 price!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 05:02 by josepi.

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:11

How do you know that?

And thanks!

Date: April 16, 2015 05:17

LetsWork
How do you know that?

And thanks!

Go out to AXS and request a silver vip. They're coming up in sec 242 row 3. Basically, similar section to yours but on the Ronnie side. $301/ea. They started dropping today for a handful of shows starting at the back of the respective vip sections. So far today, I've seen silver, gold, and sapphires dropped back down to regular pricing. Not sure about ruby - not easy to decipher on that level. Disclaimer: I'm just guessing actually, but that does in fact appear to be the way they're doing it after very close observation today. It's following close enough to that pattern that i'm VERY certain of it. Personally, I'm hoping to hold out for diamond for a show or two.

And you're welcome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 05:27 by josepi.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:23

josepi speaks the truth. The $199 I picked up earlier (sec 139 row 9) are just a few rows higher than the $351 VIP's that come right now (112 row 3).

I do feel for those that panicked and already bought those overpriced 'packages'

Date: April 16, 2015 05:47

It also doesn't hurt to know the descriptions of each vip package:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

For example, if they are still selling sapphire vip's in row 20 in sec C or D, and you start seeing regular priced tickets in row 25 (which is exactly what happened earlier in the day for Columbus), then you know that their sophisticated money algorithm is telling them that the probability of selling row 25 as a sapphire vip is pretty low. So they drop it to regular price. That's probably why there was a 2-week delay of the announcement - they needed to tweak the money algorithm.

Extrapolating the sapphire vip scenerio using Columbus as the test..., I just looked at the diamonds. Currently, they are offering pairs in Sec E row 3 seats 15/16. Singles in E row 2 seat 20. Sapphires start in row 15 and end in row 25. That means roughly half the sapphires were sold. Diamonds are rows 1-5, so roughly half of those must be sold already, too. Since it is a bigger loss to drop diamonds and since there are fewer total rows available, they will wait it out somewhat longer. In my guessimation the odds of a diamond drop for the soft shows are.... DAMN GOOD. Just a guess, of course.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 06:01 by josepi.

Date: April 16, 2015 06:17

I just wonder how many of the non VIP package tix are sold. I bet those start to come available as time goes on.

The worst part about this method is that, while it rewards being patient, it ultimately means that buyers are forever left to second guess themselves.

I miss the old way where you picked a price point and 95% of the seats went on sale all at the same time.

Date: April 16, 2015 06:25

This is is just so fundamentally dishonest. Create false demand and gouge fans, many of whom have no idea of the morally suspect crap they're pulling behind the scenes and buy VIP packages thinking that's all that is left.

How long until they just get it over with and put up every single seat for auction? Soaking everyone for the maximum is their goal, and that's the easiest way.

Date: April 16, 2015 06:31

How's the sound from side stage? I'm hoping the sound and view are ok because they are "VIP LEVEL" seats. cool smiley

Date: April 16, 2015 06:53

LetsWork
How's the sound from side stage? I'm hoping the sound and view are ok because they are "VIP LEVEL" seats. cool smiley

I've been side stage for tons of shows including 5-6 Stones. Hit and miss. In some instances, it's wise to take ear plugs in the event the speakers are pointing right at you. In other cases, the sound has been great. Probably a lot of folks out here will have a good answer for you.

Date: April 16, 2015 06:56

weinerdog
This is is just so fundamentally dishonest. Create false demand and gouge fans, many of whom have no idea of the morally suspect crap they're pulling behind the scenes and buy VIP packages thinking that's all that is left.

How long until they just get it over with and put up every single seat for auction? Soaking everyone for the maximum is their goal, and that's the easiest way.

Damn right it's dishonest! I think we can thank Mick for that, just guessing. Why blame Mick? He's one of the best and shrewdest businessmen on the planet. He's basically the rock and roll Donald Trump. He was most likely presented with all the options for his stamp of approval, added some of his own input, and now here we are. At least thru 2006 you had a chance at a $90 seat in the front 5 rows. I was real lucky with those and i mean REAL lucky. Now they've even taken that away from us. The prices for good seats and packages to this tour are completely low-life ESPECIALLY considering the gap between a stadium stage and the front sections. Front row stadium floor is basically 10th row arena, bowl even worse.

But despite his shrewdness and Trumpness, Mick is not a true c*nt. He knows that those of us who have been with him a long time will figure out the angle and get a better deal if we're persistent. The guy's a pure shrewd marketing genius, but he does still have a little heart and soul. One west coast show. One amphitheater show. All part of the master tour plan and it worked. Good job, Mick. Hey, it's a love/hate relationship. Very Keith-like.

Damn it Mick, I know you're reading this. When are you gonna play something off of Aftermath or Buttons? How about some of the great stuff you've NEVER done - All Sold Out, Backstreet Girl, Doncha Bother Me, It's Not Easy.

One more thing: since all the re-allocations occurred during the daytime, I am assuming there is human intervention required and it is therefore not totally automated. Unless proven otherwise in future drops. Sure hope so, anyway.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 08:14 by josepi.

Date: April 16, 2015 09:43

Ok, here's how the drops are going to play out using Columbus as an example for all of the soft selling shows....

Wed Apr 15, sapphires (rows 15-25) were being offered in row 20. Around noon, rows 24 & 25 became general tickets at $424. As the next few days pass, we should see them squeeze together, i.e., sapphires in maybe row 22 offered, general tickets in row 23. At some point, they will meet. When this happens, the back of the emeralds (row 14) will drop to $424 general. Once the emeralds and re-allocated generals from emeralds meet, we should shortly thereafter see unsold diamonds re-allocated to general $424. Once they meet, .... platinums (if any are left).

Just guesssing, of course... but looks likely that this is how they'll do it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 16, 2015 11:31

josepi

[www.ticketmaster.com]

For example, if they are still selling sapphire vip's in row 20 in sec C or D, and you start seeing regular priced tickets in row 25 (which is exactly what happened earlier in the day for Columbus), then you know that their sophisticated money algorithm is telling them that the probability of selling row 25 as a sapphire vip is pretty low. So they drop it to regular price. That's probably why there was a 2-week delay of the announcement - they needed to tweak the money algorithm.

Extrapolating the sapphire vip scenerio using Columbus as the test..., I just looked at the diamonds. Currently, they are offering pairs in Sec E row 3 seats 15/16. Singles in E row 2 seat 20. Sapphires start in row 15 and end in row 25. That means roughly half the sapphires were sold. Diamonds are rows 1-5, so roughly half of those must be sold already, too. Since it is a bigger loss to drop diamonds and since there are fewer total rows available, they will wait it out somewhat longer. In my guessimation the odds of a diamond drop for the soft shows are.... DAMN GOOD. Just a guess, of course.

I agree. Minneapolis is custom tailored to be a soft selling show - huge venue, small market, middle of the week.

I was shocked that "Diamond" seats were in Sections B and E. How can they ask for $1800 and not put you in the center sections? The Stones aren't the only ones doing "flex pricing". For U2 shows in New York, as they added additional shows, sections that were $300 were dropped to $100, without any announcement whatsoever. People who bought for the first shows paid a huge premium for identical seats. They even sold mid-week shows before weekend shows. I feel bad for people who bought packages early. Well, on the bright side, you do it once and you learn, so I doubt people will fall for the same scheme twice.

Date: April 16, 2015 16:10

211, Row 2 (!) now available.

Date: April 16, 2015 19:53

Crap. I hope I can see the whole thing from 209.

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: April 17, 2015 05:20

I'm in section 222. I bought tickets during the presale. I'm feeling like I should have waited on something better. I wanted 3 seats together and this will be my 15 kids first arena concert. Great 1st show right? Maybe it's just the way it's suppose to be. But I'm still so tempted to upgrade if something comes my way. Anyone think I'd be able to recoup my money on the tickets I have?

Date: April 17, 2015 05:27

What row in 222?

Date: April 17, 2015 05:35

I'm in row 16 which I paid $99.00 for, so we're like 2 rows away from the $69.00 seats I think.

Date: April 17, 2015 05:43

I'd put them on Craigslist. Many(most?) casual fans that got shut out on Monday and assume the show is sold out should jump on those.

Date: April 17, 2015 05:46

I haven't found anything better yet though, so I'll hold out and see what happens. Where do you get to sit Weinerdog?

Date: April 17, 2015 05:56

I was bringing up 8 at a time in row 6 in section 210 or 211 this afternoon.

Date: April 17, 2015 05:57

I got 2 Lucky Dips, and got 4 seats for a friend in 139. I haven't seen the Stones since 1989 so I figure I better do it while I can. Even if the seats end up being lousy TCF is a relatively small venue so it's all good.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 17, 2015 07:08

drbryant
josepi

[www.ticketmaster.com]

I agree. Minneapolis is custom tailored to be a soft selling show - huge venue, small market, middle of the week.

I was shocked that "Diamond" seats were in Sections B and E. How can they ask for $1800 and not put you in the center sections? The Stones aren't the only ones doing "flex pricing". For U2 shows in New York, as they added additional shows, sections that were $300 were dropped to $100, without any announcement whatsoever. People who bought for the first shows paid a huge premium for identical seats. They even sold mid-week shows before weekend shows. I feel bad for people who bought packages early. Well, on the bright side, you do it once and you learn, so I doubt people will fall for the same scheme twice.

I agree with your accessment. To ask the top dollar and end up in sections away
From the center is crazy. Such a difference being in the center in light of the
Giant stadium stage.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:41

Anyone know how seat #s work on floor (ie lower towards center or edge?) Called ticketing for Minnie twice and neither phone person knew the answer.

Date: April 23, 2015 17:56

Tickets seem to be moving, albeit a little slowly. A week ago, $150 seats were available in 209/242. Now they are out to 214/237. No price drop on floor seats.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 23, 2015 19:37

Snoopy
Anyone know how seat #s work on floor (ie lower towards center or edge?) Called ticketing for Minnie twice and neither phone person knew the answer.

Going by the other venues on the tour, the lower number seats seem to be towards
Center than moving out from there. This seems to be consistent in all sections.
To be sure though I would try to find an actual map of the Minneapolis stadium
floor and double check.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 24, 2015 10:52

Hi.
Anyone know if there is a place I can leave my big luggage in the city while the show going on ??

I am planning to go Minneapolis show without a bed. Then I will arrive at Minneapolis on June 3rd afternoon and depart early morning after the show.

It looks that there are lockers in the airport but I would like to know alternative options.

[www.mspairport.com]

Date: April 26, 2015 21:42

Some nice $199 lower levels are back up on AXS. Stuff like 112 row 8, which were VIP-type seats a few weeks ago.

Also, the VIP seats have come WAY down in price. After the initial onsale everything was $300 and up, now they are $128/up (row 1 of upper deck too). I think those are $99 seats, so with no fees for VIP they are pretty much face value.

I'm hoping this bodes well for us with LD tickets smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 14, 2015 22:33

Yeah!! I feel a lot better I finally bought my first pair of tickets for this tour!! Front row seat 3/4 block B for face value 487. I'm @#$%&*$ Stoaked!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 22:54 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:14

Did they announce a guest for the Minn. show yet? Buddy Guy will be with them at Milwaukee's Summerfest.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:16

mighty stork
Did they announce a guest for the Minn. show yet? Buddy Guy will be with them at Milwaukee's Summerfest.

Grace Potter

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home