Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Columbus OH USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:27

College stadiums are not allowed to sell beer at NCAA events. Outside events usually can.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:51

I checked with the ticket office the other day...

Alcohol will be served in the stadium.
Tailgating will be permitted.
No barbecuing in any covered lots.

where to stay in Colombus, Ohio for the show
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: April 19, 2015 02:32

If traveling by car, can anyone tell me what hotels are near the venue and fairly
cheap but decent to stay at. If not near a decent hotel within say 45 min..Also a floor plan for the show
Thank you

Re: where to stay in Colombus, Ohio for the show
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:20

Cleo's house, if she is still around

She had a good pre show party there once, before the BTB show

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: April 19, 2015 05:41

check upper Arlington,dublin, plenty of places by CMH and only 20 min ride to stadium.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 19, 2015 11:08

Eric Clapton owns a place in the area.
He does rent his Antiguan spread out.....so maybe check with his management.

Date: April 20, 2015 18:19

I need advice from a local Columbus Stones fan who knows the venue/local area. I scored a great ticket on TM and will be going solo and will not have a car.
Are there any public transportation options available to and from the venue on the night of the Stones concert? Or are taxi's my only option? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PS have not booked a hotel yet (looking for something cheap in a safe area) but may try to get one near public transportation if that is an available option.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 20, 2015 18:31

I see that you can use the ticketmaster map to pick your seat location now when buying a ticket. Interesting to see what is still available

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:42

I now have 4 sets for the columbus show. My brothers decided they would rather do Indy. I have two in section b row 33 and two in section b row 16. I also have two in section a row 3 and two in section e row 13. sold the set in section 22a. 853.50 per set

Date: April 20, 2015 20:59

its good to be anywhere
I need advice from a local Columbus Stones fan who knows the venue/local area. I scored a great ticket on TM and will be going solo and will not have a car.
Are there any public transportation options available to and from the venue on the night of the Stones concert? Or are taxi's my only option? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PS have not booked a hotel yet (looking for something cheap in a safe area) but may try to get one near public transportation if that is an available option.

Traveling TO the gig from the motel should not be a problem using public transportation. Worst case scenario is taking the #2 to Lane and High, then walking to the shoe from there. Maybe a mile. Very safe walk.

Getting back might be an issue. Check the COTA website for more info...

[www.cota.com]

Just put Ohio Stadium in the arrival address when you search. Make sure to change the "leave now" default option to May 30. Search for some motels that you might like to stay at and put them in the departure address field.

If you stay in the arena district (north end of downtown) or the brewery district (south end of downtown) you can easily catch a #2 cota. Now that I've checked the map, it looks like getting back on a #2 is good! They run much later now on Saturday than they used to. Therefore, if it were me I would stay in the arena district. Much nicer area than around the stadium. The #2 at Hudson St would be a fairly decent approximation of when you should be ready to catch the last bus from Lane and High back to the motel.

Good luck and enjoy the show! Columbus is a nice city.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 21:05 by josepi.

Date: April 20, 2015 21:55

Thanks Josepi for you extremely helpful information and advice. I will look into taking the number #2 COTA and booking a hotel in the arena district or brewery district. Are you going to the Stones concert? If so I hope you have a fantastic time! It should be a great show. Thanks again for all of your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 21:56 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: April 20, 2015 22:12

forsure
I see that you can use the ticketmaster map to pick your seat location now when buying a ticket. Interesting to see what is still available

Use can use the map for several shows, plenty available for those looking.

Date: April 20, 2015 22:20

its good to be anywhere
Thanks Josepi for you extremely helpful information and advice. I will look into taking the number #2 COTA and booking a hotel in the arena district or brewery district. Are you going to the Stones concert? If so I hope you have a fantastic time! It should be a great show. Thanks again for all of your help!

You're welcome! Yes, I am going to the show, too.

I just remembered that the #2 does not go as far south as the brewery district. Southbound, it stops at Main street, then heads eastward. If you stay in the brewery, you can catch the #4 north, then xfer to the #2 at Broad and High. The #4 WILL NOT run late enough after the show to get you back to a motel in the brewery. There may be another line you can xfer to, I just don't know. You can play around with the COTA website and probably find out. To play it safe, just stay in the arena district if you can. That's where all the action that weekend will be, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 22:22 by josepi.

Date: April 21, 2015 01:08

Would anybody be interested? ....

I sent out this feeler to a couple of charter bus companies and got this response. How many of you would be interested? Anybody? Is this too much money? Did I estimate the times correctly? Also posted on Shidoobee.

Feeler:

1) Sometime in the early or mid-afternoon on May 30, pick up between 30-50 fans at various motels scattered throughout the Columbus area, mostly (maybe entirely) around OSU campus and downtown.
2) drop off as a group at the venue we will chose at a later date to have a party get-together. Probably at a bar/restaurant.
3) pick up the group from the party venue and drop off at Ohio Stadium around 7:00 pm.
4) pick up the group at the stadium after the concert (around 11:00-11:30 pm) and drop off at the various motels.

Response from Lakeshore charter:

We definitely can do that type of trip.

Package rate includes: Round trip deluxe DVD/WIFI motorcoach transportation

34 paying passengers $41 per person
40 paying passengers $33 per person

Preliminary signups:
Josepi
itsgoodtobeanywhere
Snap - Shidoobee
Bonstones - Shidoobee

Need to hit 34, max 40.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 17:33 by josepi.

Date: April 21, 2015 07:54

josepi

I sent out this feeler to a couple of charter bus companies and got this response. How many of you would be interested? Anybody? Is this too much money? Did I estimate the times correctly? Also posted on Shidoobee.

Feeler:

1) Sometime in the early or mid-afternoon on May 30, pick up between 30-50 fans at various motels scattered throughout the Columbus area, mostly (maybe entirely) around OSU campus and downtown.
2) drop off as a group at the venue we will chose at a later date to have a party get-together. Probably at a bar/restaurant.
3) pick up the group from the party venue and drop off at Ohio Stadium around 7:00 pm.
4) pick up the group at the stadium after the concert (around 11:00-11:30 pm) and drop off at the various motels.

Sign me up. This sounds like the best option by far. I would prefer to get to the stadium a little bit earlier but 7:00 pm works. I can swing $41 but obviously $33 is better; either sounds great. When you have a chance please let me know how I can arrange payment to hold my spot.

Date: April 21, 2015 16:00

its good to be anywhere
josepi

Feeler:

Sign me up. This sounds like the best option by far. I would prefer to get to the stadium a little bit earlier but 7:00 pm works. I can swing $41 but obviously $33 is better; either sounds great. When you have a chance please let me know how I can arrange payment to hold my spot.

Thanks, I'll put you on the list. The time frame was just an estimate. What time do you think we should get to the stadium? If I can round up 34 people in a couple of weeks it will be a go. Will figure out how to arrange payment once 34 is hit.

Date: April 21, 2015 20:53

josepi
its good to be anywhere
josepi

Feeler:

Thanks, I'll put you on the list. The time frame was just an estimate. What time do you think we should get to the stadium? If I can round up 34 people in a couple of weeks it will be a go. Will figure out how to arrange payment once 34 is hit.

I was thinking maybe arriving by 6:30 pm?
However, I am totally flexible and will go with the group consensus.
The more I think about it the shuttle is an absolutely fantastic idea for Stones fans . This really takes all the hassle out of getting back and forth to and from the stadium. Please keep me posted on how this is going....Thanks so much!

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: April 22, 2015 01:00

sounds like a fantastic idea I hope you gather enough people..i live 30 minutes from stadium.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 22, 2015 21:02

Prices seem to be dropping for Columbus show. Tickets I bought on TM for $166 have now dropped to $150 for same row/section.

I'd say "live and learn, I should have waited" but at same time I'd guess this is a good battle against mass scalping as well?

Posted by: paintedhighway ()
Date: April 23, 2015 01:20

Lifelong young fan hitting my first shows this year, Columbus, Indy, and possibly Pittsburgh. Do we figure there will be a more open stage than Europe last summer? The tickets I got (26C) are sidestage and I'm worried about my sightlines. If it's an open stage, these seats will be great. If not, I won't be able to see Charlie at all.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:54

I would think if the there is a limited view, the tickets would carry a restricted view designation.

Date: April 23, 2015 17:40

I have 4 floor sets for the columbus show. My brothers decided they would rather do Indy. I have two in section c row 23 (2 seats from mini stage) and two in section b row 16. I also have two in section a row 3 and two in section e row 13. 853.50 per set

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:50

Why are you charging double what TM is charging for equivalent seats?

Good luck with that.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 23, 2015 18:04

It's $8xx per set. They are $4xx seats.

4 Sets. Each set has 2 seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 18:19 by MingSubu.

Date: April 23, 2015 18:17

im asking exactly face value.

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: April 23, 2015 21:48

"I checked with the ticket office the other day...

Alcohol will be served in the stadium.
Tailgating will be permitted.
No barbecuing in any covered lots."

We were wondering about food....we are taking a seven year old and wanted to make sure he was not distracted smiling smiley

Cheesr and thanks

Carlos

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 24, 2015 21:53

My Columbus ticket arrived today.

Date: April 24, 2015 22:45

My Columbus ticket has not arrived in the mail yet. I've got e-mails several days ago from TM saying all of my tickets have been printed Columbus, Milwaukee and Raleigh but none have arrived yet...

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 24, 2015 22:56

its good to be anywhere
My Columbus ticket has not arrived in the mail yet. I've got e-mails several days ago from TM saying all of my tickets have been printed Columbus, Milwaukee and Raleigh but none have arrived yet...

I got same E-mail 2 days ago and My Raleigh tickets came in todays Mail

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 25, 2015 00:38

Giving away 2 tickets for Columbus show I can no longer use. This is similar to my Nashville show giveaway.

I have decided to give the tickets away instead of trying to resell. This is real, it's my way of committing my own "act of kindness" by giving back to Stones fans and hoping everyone has a great show!

Click link and watch the video on page for details:

[www.facebook.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home