Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Columbus OH USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:33

Just booked a room at the Drury Inn in Dublin. Desk clerk said about a 15 min ride to the Stadium. Does that sound about right? Has anyone stayed here? I've stayed in a Drury Inn in NOLA and I think St Louis. Both were very nice. Plus they allow dogs.

So excited about this concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 15:34 by MingSubu.

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:34

see you all there Tim Ries show tonight

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:18

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:18

It feels like Christmas Eve!

Posted by: deemo ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:16

Mingsubu... That sounds about right. I stay in Dublin every year for the Arnold Classic. Plenty of restaurants and a shopping mall right in the hotel zone for Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 17:31 by deemo.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:29

Lots 8am
Box Office 2pm
Lucky Dips Gate 24 3:30pm (have a feeling they will start this earlier)
Doors 6pm
Kid Rock 8pm
Stones 9:15pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 18:30 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Kelmentine ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:41

Voted for Heartbreaker.

Kinda doubt it'll make the cut for the most voted. Paint It Black seems to be the obvious vote. Never know though.

Hope those storms move away from Columbus by tomorrow.

Date: May 29, 2015 21:00

I tried calling Ohio Stadium regarding the times for Lucky Dip Ticket pick-ups, but the call has hung up automatically each time.

I am wondering whether or not we can just pick up the tickets later on (around 6:30 or 7P.M.), because 3:30 is very early. We need time to eat, drink, and explore Columbus beforehand, so I wish I could find out whether it is mandatory to pick them up at that time.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:05

You can pick them up later, I'm sure. Doors don't open until 6:30.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 29, 2015 21:15

brokecollegestudent
I tried calling Ohio Stadium regarding the times for Lucky Dip Ticket pick-ups, but the call has hung up automatically each time.

I am wondering whether or not we can just pick up the tickets later on (around 6:30 or 7P.M.), because 3:30 is very early. We need time to eat, drink, and explore Columbus beforehand, so I wish I could find out whether it is mandatory to pick them up at that time.
Dude, don't worry about picking them up later, they aren't going to turn people away. If they close the lucky dip gate early they will just move the lucky dip tickets and crap over to the main box office. I picked my lucky dips up after the opener several times on 50 & Counting.

Posted by: younger8027 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:24

Would it be correct to assume those that choose to pickup Lucky Dips at 3:30 wont be required to enter stadium at that time? That would be a hell of a long time in the Stadium before the show.

Date: May 29, 2015 21:33

younger8027
Would it be correct to assume those that choose to pickup Lucky Dips at 3:30 wont be required to enter stadium at that time? That would be a hell of a long time in the Stadium before the show.
Correct, AEG says they will start issuing tickets and wristbands at 3:30 and then we will be free to go and come back later for the concert. The doors don't even open until 6 or 6:30...what are they going to do..keep us in a holding pen for 2 hours at the stadium? They sold so many lucky dips that the only way to distribute them in an orderly fashion is to allow people to pick them up early.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 21:35 by mnewman505.

Posted by: FatBeard ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:20

Anyone interested if the Varsity Club is insane there is a cool bar called The Thirsty Scholar just a couple minutes away from VC. Just off Lane Avenue (hung out there as a student)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 22:21 by FatBeard.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:37

Good luck to every one going to Columbus. Make it the time of your life. I am certain it will be a great show.

God Bless The Rolling Stones and ALL of their fans.

It will be fun following along with the show on RS.com and IORR.

Have a great show.

Its Only Rock and Roll.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: May 29, 2015 23:54

Lucky Dips for Ohio on the RS website. Awww wish I could go! Saw the first show! Have fun everyone!!!

Posted by: dczuma ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:28

Everything is Lucky dips now. No normal priced tickets. Hard push for a sellout! Wouldn't have been necessary if they'd booked Cleveland instead

Posted by: FatBeard ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:30

I am 34 and have been listening to the Stones since I about 12 and never thought I would ever get to see The Stones live and they are playing 20 minutes from my house. So blessed and excited for the opportunity!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:34

Cleveland to Columbus is a 2h drive. If you pass on that it's your own fault.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:33

dczuma
Everything is Lucky dips now. No normal priced tickets. Hard push for a sellout! Wouldn't have been necessary if they'd booked Cleveland instead

Cool! Had lucky dips 2 years ago at Staples Center and got amazing seats in Premiere section. Thinking about trying for another show in July if I can get lucky dips again. Anyway, have a great time! (I'm usually on the San Diego thread.)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:51

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:15

"The stadium can accommodate up to 60,000 because some 45,000 regular football seats will have poor sight lines or other issues. About 55,000 tickets had been sold as of Friday," Riggs said. Tickets were available on Ticketmaster and StubHub for below $50. “The goal is always to sell out but everybody's been happy. We’re the biggest capacity on the tour, so we’ve already sold more than any date on tour," he said. "We’re thrilled now.”

video: [www.bizjournals.com]

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:24

Walked and drove through Columbus today. What a sleepy town! So little people on the streets, It feels like a Sunday. Nothing like San Diego, which was Rolling Stones crazy on Memorial Day weekend. Ohio stadium is probably the largest stadium on this tour. I'm not surprised, they can't fill it up. Where would all the people come from? You can't expect every 10th inhabitant of Columbus to go to a Stones Show. Maybe there are some Clevelanders on their way. But for them Pittsburgh is a few miles closer. Well, we'll see tomorrow.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:29

FatBeard
Anyone interested if the Varsity Club is insane there is a cool bar called The Thirsty Scholar just a couple minutes away from VC. Just off Lane Avenue (hung out there as a student)

I also used to hang out at Thirsty Scholar back in the old days!! They always had the best beer specials, if I recall correctly. I'm going to hit up some of the old campus bars after the show... if any of them still exist! It's gonna be a great night, can't wait!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:51

I seriously hope every single one of you has a wonderful time at the show tomorrow! For those of you who have lucky dip tickets I have one thought.. Take my advice with a grain of salt since I had to somewhat lousy experiences last time in Chicago... I would encourage you to pick up your lucky dip tickets at the last moment not early. From what I saw many people who went to grab their tickets first were given seats very far away whereas the closer it got to show time it seems like better tickets were allocated.

Again this is all random who knows I could be completely wrong. Kurt who is going to the show and a stellar IORRer landed out tickets and went in an hour before us at Chicago!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:28

Will-Call windows typically shut down once the headliner hits the stage. No need to show up at 3:30. Get there after 8 and you should be fine. If it's a random distribution thing as they claim, why hang out for 5 hours ?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:46

My guess is they want to spread out the Lucky Dip line.
If all the Lucky Dippers for this gig show up at the same time, the lines would be chaotic!

And yes, I pulled a PIT ticket two years ago at Chicago #2.
And some SWEET expensive club seats at Chicago #3.
And some SUPER high up side stage nosebleeds in Vegas.

Mostly random.
Smile a lot. Act excited in line.
Be a perfect candidate for an upgrade. winking smiley
ROCK ON!

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:50

Kurt
My guess is they want to spread out the Lucky Dip line.
If all the Lucky Dippers for this gig show up at the same time, the lines would be chaotic!

And yes, I pulled a PIT ticket two years ago at Chicago #2.
And some SWEET expensive club seats at Chicago #3.
And some SUPER high up side stage nosebleeds in Vegas.

Mostly random.
ROCK ON!

This person gets it smiling smiley

Not surprised about your Vegas seating, it is Vegas.

Congrats on good luck and good luck to everyone else.

I'm sure the show will be fantastic from any angle, it is the gosh darn Rolling Stones....

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:51

There will be at least 4 coming from Indianapolis for the concert.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 04:09

Kurt
ROCK ON!

Ha! I can just see all the iorr'ers in the LD line now trying to out smile each other and appear to be more excited than they actually are..hilarious! grinning smiley hot smiley grinning smiley hot smiley

Excellent advice by the way.

peace

Posted by: piper ()
Date: May 30, 2015 04:14

latvianinexile
Walked and drove through Columbus today. What a sleepy town! So little people on the streets, It feels like a Sunday. Nothing like San Diego, which was Rolling Stones crazy on Memorial Day weekend. Ohio stadium is probably the largest stadium on this tour. I'm not surprised, they can't fill it up. Where would all the people come from? You can't expect every 10th inhabitant of Columbus to go to a Stones Show. Maybe there are some Clevelanders on their way. But for them Pittsburgh is a few miles closer. Well, we'll see tomorrow.

Probably because 50,000 osu students have gone home for the summer.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home