Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Columbus OH USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:13

Less than two weeks!

I am a little bitter because my friend and me changed our tickets once for a better spot and then were ineligible when the floor front sections opened up. Okay, I can live with it. I have one more show after that in Milwaukee. I swore I wouldn't do stadiums, hah.

I will be at the Blackwell Inn for a while, if anyone still needs to buy my book (You Get What You Need) and then over at the Varsity Inn, same. Would love to say hello to y'all,, probably wearing my big Stones cowboy hat and another group's T-shirt.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:53

As a somewhat related question, will I be able to bring in my diabetic supplies/snacks to the Ohio Stadium gig? I know they have tight security, but was curious.

Chees

Carlos

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:34

have one single sold at face in row b if someone else is looking for a single in section b row 7 at face or wanted to buy 3 at face...contact at 859-200-2139
thanks
sean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 20:36 by fulldevilhakysac.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:34

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:40

Kurt

Can't wait! Bump.

Date: May 21, 2015 07:28

See all of you there!! So excited!!!!

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:24

Just got 3 tix today for Columbus

9 rows up from the floor, Keith's side.

Was hoping for a better opener, but am still ecstatic nonetheless.

Last time I saw them was Night 2 in Chicago. Can't wait for this!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:52

Bernard Fowler announced in the Columbus between Stones shows. I am now considering Columbus. I will start my research. I will read through this thread
to get updated.

Does any one else have anything else to say about Columbus?

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:57

There are what should be great lower level seats available using ticketmaster "use the map" function.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 04:18

Bernard Fowler's gig on May 29th is at the Park Street Saloon, which is in an area of downtown Columbus known as "The Arena District", being adjacent to Nationwide Arena. This area is kind of "THE place to party" in Columbus, having many large bars/clubs all right next to each other. Also plenty of great places to eat nearby. I'm tempted to go to this, but since I'm going to the Stones show Saturday night, I'm not sure my wife would want me to be out late 2 nights in a row while she stays home with our 2 young kids (2 & 4). This should be a great time, the arena district has a very festive atmosphere late nights on the summer weekends.

Date: May 22, 2015 06:50

Just to note, Bernard's gig is really his appearance with Tim Ries' group, his band The Rolling Stones Project, discussed before. It should be excellent.

Yeah, here's the topic, for the Columbus show and other cities: [www.iorr.org]

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 06:56 by angee.

Date: May 22, 2015 11:20

Seat map shows Sec E row 9 face ($400). Not bad the price is right. I am going to take a shower and walk the dog. If its still there when I come back I am going to Columbus.

See you there.

Date: May 22, 2015 13:45

It was gone. Although, there are four more inside row 15 centerish. I'm gonna contemplate a little longer.

Date: May 22, 2015 13:51

I have section b row 7 mid row...can sell a single if the other guy on here still wants a single. Let me know if u want and I'll hit the other guy up.

Date: May 22, 2015 14:02

fulldevilhakysac
I have section b row 7 mid row...can sell a single if the other guy on here still wants a single. Let me know if u want and I'll hit the other guy up.

Are you in the Columbus area? What is the vibe concerning this show? Are there any really cool pre or post parties or event that will make it worth it.

I know the show will be great. That's not the question. Give me some incentive. If your are going to sell your ticket, SELL IT!!!

I am a serious buyer I never mess around with Stones shows.

Date: May 22, 2015 17:16

I'm from ky and will be traveling north for the show, the only pre and post party I know of is at the varsity club that people have rsvp'd over on shidoobie board. I'll be there in section a row 3 on the aisle dancing with my wife so I'm excited lol. Other than that...it's the Rolling Stones in Ohio stadium. If u want a 7th row ticket for face...I've got one.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 22, 2015 18:19

The Ticketmaster map shows a TON of unsold seats very close to the stage.
Any guesses on whether they will drop prices in the next week?

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:32

Getting Stadium Ready Now - [news.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 01:33 by StonesHood.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:28

Here's the parking map for the show. Ticketmaster only sells the $50, $40, $30 tickets. General public parking is $15 cash day of show. If you park on west campus (the red parking area on the left of the map) you'll see a shuttle icon for pickup. It will drop you off at the shoe.

[osu.campusparc.com]

btw, my Columbus hat is ready. the two tongues at the top are flashing Licks tongues that have been restored to perfection. The headband is interchangeable and the Pittsburgh headband is ready. Are you ready? For the next band...

Pittsburgh hat. still needs a "feather".

going to make up a shirt for the friday night Band 2 show based on this...

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 02:46 by josepi.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 17:24

fulldevilhakysac
I'm from ky and will be traveling north for the show, the only pre and post party I know of is at the varsity club that people have rsvp'd over on shidoobie board. I'll be there in section a row 3 on the aisle dancing with my wife so I'm excited lol. Other than that...it's the Rolling Stones in Ohio stadium. If u want a 7th row ticket for face...I've got one.

Varsity Club it is. smileys with beer

Date: May 24, 2015 19:50

Interview with Mick in today's Dispatch...

[www.dispatch.com]

Date: May 25, 2015 03:02

Thanks, Josepi!

(They shoulda had me do the interview. Or any one of a number of us.) :-)

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 25, 2015 06:47

Hey Andee: Based on the interview (especially the small audio snippet - Mick also says he's got his Surray number) i'm still real hopeful that Clapton will guest either at the show or somewhere Friday night, maybe with a Stone or two. I'm gonna drive by his house on Thursday after I go to the zoo. Heck, i might even knock on his door, worst he can do is tell me to get lost. I got in an argument with Todd Rundgren once so comparatively speaking, Clapton should be a piece of cake if he gets mad at me! Tickets are secured to Band 2 and Mark May (backup insurance) for Friday. Can't wait for the show. REAL psyched. Working on my friday night t-shirt. Will look something like the pic below. Saturday's t-shirt is FRIGGIN OUTRAGEOUS.... goin' for that lucky dip and gotta stand out, ya know.

If you see someone hanging out Friday night in a shirt that has this on it, that's me. The palm tree will be in rhinestone, probably a white shirt. Can't miss it. Will probably be wearing the Pittsburgh hat. Redesigned the headband, looks really good now.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 06:58 by josepi.

Date: May 25, 2015 07:37

Thanks, Josepi, would be great if Clapton appeared somewhere.
Mick didn't know he lived there--that's what I figured.

Okay, are you going to Tim Ries? Hope anyone who might see me there (black cowboy hat/tongue) comes
up and says hi.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 07:39 by angee.

Date: May 25, 2015 07:58

Yeah, got my ticket to Ries. Will stop by and say howdy. Going to stop at Natalie's first (since that will be a blues night w/May) and see if there are any extra amps set up or if there's any buzz about any special guests. If not, then going straight over to Park Street. Rock me baby was performed by both Clapton and the Stones at their most recent gigs (prior to tonight). Just seems like the timing is right for a special guest (a GOOD one) somewhere.

Posted by: piper ()
Date: May 26, 2015 06:15

Bump. Any pics ?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 26, 2015 20:16

I know it's kinda late in the game. Anyone know of hotels/motels near the stadium that allows dogs?

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 26, 2015 20:38

Still tons of good seats at the $395 price point left. I'll be real curious to know how they are going to fill them. Surprised the promoter hasn't brought those prices down, yet.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 21:21

kohoutek
Still tons of good seats at the $395 price point left. I'll be real curious to know how they are going to fill them. Surprised the promoter hasn't brought those prices down, yet.

They've sold well on the floor but those side tickets have been poorly priced;
$395 to sit 50 rows off the floor is just insane...

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 26, 2015 21:30

jrcjohnny99
kohoutek

They've sold well on the floor but those side tickets have been poorly priced;
$395 to sit 50 rows off the floor is just insane...

Yes, watching this closely...

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home