Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Columbus OH USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: mwm1020 ()
Date: April 25, 2015 06:44

I purchased 3 pair of tickets in different locations during the American Express pre-sale., six seats. Just the other day I used the map seating feature on Ticketmaster, I found six tickets together that were the same price as my original purchase(s), they were better seats, and all together.... TM Ticket Envy policy says if you find better seats for the same, or higher cost, they will do all they can to exchange the tickets. This info is printed on their Wes Site. On the bottom of the Site, under Refunds and Exchanges...

I called Ticket Master, the first guy told me no exchanges. I hung up, called right back, I got a very helpful young lady that told me, what she needed to do was enter the order for the six new tickets I wanted, she did not charge me for these six new tickets, then she had to appeal to 'The venue' (Ohio Stadium), and ask them to approve my request, two days later ticket master called me on my cell phone to inform me that my request HAD been granted!!

SO IT CAN BE DONE!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 25, 2015 07:15

mwm1020
I purchased 3 pair of tickets in different locations during the American Express pre-sale., six seats. Just the other day I used the map seating feature on Ticketmaster, I found six tickets together that were the same price as my original purchase(s), they were better seats, and all together.... TM Ticket Envy policy says if you find better seats for the same, or higher cost, they will do all they can to exchange the tickets. This info is printed on their Wes Site. On the bottom of the Site, under Refunds and Exchanges...

I called Ticket Master, the first guy told me no exchanges. I hung up, called right back, I got a very helpful young lady that told me, what she needed to do was enter the order for the six new tickets I wanted, she did not charge me for these six new tickets, then she had to appeal to 'The venue' (Ohio Stadium), and ask them to approve my request, two days later ticket master called me on my cell phone to inform me that my request HAD been granted!!

SO IT CAN BE DONE!

Great story thanks for sharing it. You were really smart to call TM back after your first denial, not everyone would think or know to do that. Nice work. I'm a bit disappointed with them for refusing you the first time...I guess you just have to get an employee who isn't lazy or something.

Enjoy the show!

peace

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 25, 2015 09:08

Naturalust
mwm1020

SO IT CAN BE DONE!

Great story thanks for sharing it. You were really smart to call TM back after your first denial, not everyone would think or know to do that. Nice work. I'm a bit disappointed with them for refusing you the first time...I guess you just have to get an employee who isn't lazy or something.

Enjoy the show!

peace

Yes thanks! I was told no for Nashville and didn't bother calling back. Now I know smiling smiley

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: April 25, 2015 17:02

josepi
Would anybody be interested? ....

I sent out this feeler to a couple of charter bus companies and got this response. How many of you would be interested? Anybody? Is this too much money? Did I estimate the times correctly? Also posted on Shidoobee.

Feeler:

1) Sometime in the early or mid-afternoon on May 30, pick up between 30-50 fans at various motels scattered throughout the Columbus area, mostly (maybe entirely) around OSU campus and downtown.
2) drop off as a group at the venue we will chose at a later date to have a party get-together. Probably at a bar/restaurant.
3) pick up the group from the party venue and drop off at Ohio Stadium around 7:00 pm.
4) pick up the group at the stadium after the concert (around 11:00-11:30 pm) and drop off at the various motels.

Response from Lakeshore charter:

We definitely can do that type of trip.

Package rate includes: Round trip deluxe DVD/WIFI motorcoach transportation

34 paying passengers $41 per person
40 paying passengers $33 per person

Preliminary signups:
Josepi
itsgoodtobeanywhere
Snap - Shidoobee
Bonstones - Shidoobee

Need to hit 34, max 40.

I'm definitely down for that. I am hoteling about a mile 1/2 away from the stadium, downtown, off Clara street. Funny, I work for the company that makes the coaches for Lakefront :-)

Date: April 25, 2015 20:35

"3) pick up the group from the party venue and drop off at Ohio Stadium around 7:00 pm."

Maybe drop off 6-630 ?? Lots of prep time :-)

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 25, 2015 22:22

BN78
"3) pick up the group from the party venue and drop off at Ohio Stadium around 7:00 pm."

Maybe drop off 6-630 ?? Lots of prep time :-)

The Shidoob's have settled in on a pre-party at The Varsity Club. It's an easy walk to the shoe from there. My guess would be to have the bus drop everyone off there then folks could walk to the show at their convenience. One of the Shidoob's called VC. They said they can't reserve any particular section, but advised that if we arrive early we could lay claim to some tables. Looks like that would be the direction it would head.

Lakefront is very flexible on times. We can do whatever we want. So far, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest. In case interest picks up, there is no time limit on when I have to book the reservation as long as a bus is available.

I'll add you to the list. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 22:36 by josepi.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 26, 2015 03:13

They moved seat numbers. I'm in section C. I was right against the catwalk. Now I'm on the aisle.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 26, 2015 15:25

I have 1 extra LD if anyone is interested....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:35

MingSubu
They moved seat numbers. I'm in section C. I was right against the catwalk. Now I'm on the aisle.

You could cancel the ticket. Their mistake, so sorry.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 27, 2015 00:48

I bought the ticket during the presale. So I didn't know where exactly the seat was going to be in the first place.

Seeing it a couple days later on the "Choose Your Seat" got me excited. Showed my brother and was checking it daily.II'm a dork) Then yesterday TM flips the row's seat numbers.

So after no luck with TM. Figured not to really stress over it and go back to being excited over a decent ticket. Like I was in the first place.

Stilled bummed a little though.

'

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: April 29, 2015 03:50

Anyone making the trip to Columbus from San Diego?

This is the biggest gap in the schedule, I'm curious what day people will fly SD -> Columbus

Date: April 30, 2015 17:17

On TM right now Section B 5th row extreme right, Keith's side, seats 22, 23 and 24 @$395 each plus TM fees.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-30 17:25 by its good to be anywhere.

Date: April 30, 2015 18:56

Looks like Ticketmaster is playing games again. I just checked again and floor tickets in section B Row 5 have now changed prices. Seat 22 is still $395 plus TM fees but seats 23 and 24 are now listed at $1753 each WTF?

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: May 1, 2015 06:59

"Anyone making the trip to Columbus from San Diego?

This is the biggest gap in the schedule, I'm curious what day people will fly SD -> Columbus"

Try Southwest, as I take it regularly from Columbus to San Diego (Coronado) to enjoy life smiling smiley

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 1, 2015 19:45

MingSubu
I bought the ticket during the presale. So I didn't know where exactly the seat was going to be in the first place.

Seeing it a couple days later on the "Choose Your Seat" got me excited. Showed my brother and was checking it daily.II'm a dork) Then yesterday TM flips the row's seat numbers.

So after no luck with TM. Figured not to really stress over it and go back to being excited over a decent ticket. Like I was in the first place.

Stilled bummed a little though.
'

How strange. confused smiley Are you saying they flipped the order of the seat numbers from what was printed out on all the original seating charts? Did they do this for all the sections? If so you won't be the only one bummed! I can't imagine buying a ticket based on published seat numbers and then getting moved to the other end of the row...that's crazy.

Maybe they are only doing for sections which sold in the pre-sale without people's prior knowledge of seat numbers but it still seems awfully strange, there has got to be an explanation...I sure hope it's not TM trying to make better seats available to produce more sales!

Anyway, hope your show is great.

peace

Date: May 1, 2015 21:45

Bought my ticket in presales, where you could only see the seating sections. Not during the "Choose Your Seat" feature that TM put up after the General Sale was on for a couple days.

Yup, my row has 9 seats. My seat, seat 9, was against the catwalk and seat 1 was on the aisle, between sec C and B. I checked my seat out numerous times, because like I said. I was surprised and excited finding out my seat was against the catwalk. About 4 days later. I go to check my seat out. Now they have seat 1 against the catwalk and my seat 9 on the aisle.

]
I'm positive I did not make a mistake misidentifying my seat.

Date: May 1, 2015 21:48

Bought my ticket in presales, where you could only see the seating sections. Not during the "Choose Your Seat" feature that TM put up after the General Sale was on for a couple days.

Yup, my row has 9 seats. My seat, seat 9, was against the catwalk and seat 1 was on the aisle, between sec C and B. I checked my seat out numerous times, because like I said. I was surprised and excited finding out my seat was against the catwalk. About 4 days later. I go to check my seat out. Now they have seat 1 against the catwalk and my seat 9 on the aisle.

]
I'm positive I did not make a mistake misidentifying my seat.

Edit: Last few posts on page 2 deal with the seats/rows. I even posted about an open seat that I'd seen while checking out my seat. That was seat 12 against the catwalk. Now it's on the aisle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-02 01:31 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 3, 2015 02:05

I reckon I'm going to the Columbus show. After hearing thousands of recordings of Stones concerts, I'm gonna be seeing my first one in person.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 3, 2015 05:15

Hey, TD07, yes, yes, yes!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 6, 2015 00:54

Just had a ticket drop in Section B Floor, Whole section- ALL rows face @ $395
just got 2 on row 4 !!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 6, 2015 03:24

NICE!!!

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: May 6, 2015 17:40

I have 3 sets for the columbus show. I have two in section b row 16. I also have two in section a row 3 and two in section e row 13. 853.50 per set

call or text 859-200-2139

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 7, 2015 16:41

A pair of platinums in Sec B row 1 seats 3,4 now available thru tm.
Only $468 each!

Date: May 7, 2015 18:46

I have 6 total tickets for the columbus show. I have four side by side in section b row 7 that i will sell together or in pairs. I also have two in section a row 3 853.50 per set.

thanks
sean

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:39

josepi
A pair of platinums in Sec B row 1 seats 3,4 now available thru tm.
Only $468 each!

Did not get those in row 1 Section B, but was able to upgrade to row 5 in that section for no extra cost above what I spent last month on regular presale main floor seats. I am one happy camper, and feel like I got an early Mothers' Day gift from Mick and the Boys smileys with beer cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 03:41 by LuvGlimmerTwins.

Date: May 10, 2015 06:03

See all of you there! I am so excited!

I am staying with friends near OSU campus with my boyfriend, and we're going to go out to eat and drink a bit before walking to the shoe. What are the best restaurants/bars in the area? Any suggestions?

Date: May 11, 2015 17:44

4 side by side section b row 7 middle of aisle

2 section a row 3 aisle seats

face value

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 14, 2015 18:01

16 MORE DAYS!

Date: May 15, 2015 13:58

Awesome, can't wait! Pardon if already posted, but where will most folks be hanging prior to the show??

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:30

I'll be at The wayfaring buckeye hostel . Any of you will be there? Can't wait to Columbus show hot smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home