Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:37

Just wanted to thank you so much, BV. I love IORR, and your info was pretty much 100% accurate. I'll be going to San Diego to see the Stones! Can't believe it, this is amazing! Looking forward to many more posts here! smiling smiley

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:02

Petco Park seating chart is available from Padre's ticket office.

To the left of the stage are, left to right, sections A1 and A2, then in front of stage, A3 and A4, then the catwalk, then A5 and A6 and to the right of the stage A7 and A8.

Behind all those sections are, left to right, Sections A9 and A10, then in front of the small stage at the end of the catwalk, section A11, then A12 and A13.

Padres are selling these tix, not Ticketmaster.

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:12

I'm baaack! Haven't posted since 1998 when BV himself hooked me up with tickets to see the boys play at Werchter Festival Ground in Belguim. Thanks again BV! If your coming out to San Diego let me know, I owe you one.

Below is an email I recieved from the Padres office on 4/1 and if I can figure out how to copy and paste a PDF it will show a ticket package already on sale (Start Me Up Experience for $575) and the full seating plan. Any help would be appreciated. More later on where to stay, party and eat in beautiful San Diego.

"As of today, we are able to offer the Start Me Up premium experience (flyer attached), should you be interested in this option now. It is first come, first served. I won’t know about the Lexus Experience until early next week as we need to give first right of refusal to our Lexus Home Plate Club owners.

We also have suite packages available.

1. VIP Packages
“Start Me Up” Experience: Held in the Premier Club, this experience includes a Floor Seat Ticket, Pre-show reception including hosted food, beer and wine, a souvenir lanyard, parking (1 parking pass per 2 tickets)

2. Suites
i. WMB/Tower Lofts = $9,500 per suite – This includes one Padres suite for a 2015 game (based on availability). Each suite (Padres and Stones) includes 20 tickets. For the Stones parking, SRO’s (up to 10 at $325 each), and F&B can be added.
ii. Terrace and Premier Club Suites = $12,500 per suite – This includes 2 Padres suites for 2015 games (based on availability). Each suite (Padres and Stones) includes 20 tickets. For the Stones, parking, SRO’s (up to 10 at $375 each), and F&B can be added.
iii. Garden Level = $16,000 per suite – This includes 2 Padres suites for 2015 games (based on availability). The Stones suite includes 30 tickets and each Padres suite includes 20 tickets. For the Stones, parking, SRO’s (up to 10 at $375 each), and F&B can be added."

The suites aren't that bad if you do the math per ticket but the kicker is no food or beverage included. I only live 40 miles north in Oceanside but booked my hotel a couple weeks ago and an early dinner reservation in the Gaslamp this morning. I can't wait!!!

Date: April 4, 2015 02:14

I should add that Section A11 is not directly in front of the small stage. The last rows of sections A4 and A5 are immediately in front of the small stage. Sorry I couldn't post the actual seating chart here. I'm too old to know how!

Date: April 4, 2015 02:30

I tried to post an image of the seating chart but can't figure it out. In the meantime check the info at http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/sd/ticketing/rollingstones.jsp]Padres website - 2015 Stones Concert Info[/url] and here is their contact who can email you the PDF for the "Start Me Up" Experience ticket which includes the seating chart:

Ismena Castellón at 619.795.5173 or icastellon@padres.com

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 4, 2015 03:01

JadedFaded
I should add that Section A11 is not directly in front of the small stage. The last rows of sections A4 and A5 are immediately in front of the small stage. Sorry I couldn't post the actual seating chart here. I'm too old to know how!

The best I've been able to find is what Taylor Swift will be using, which looks very similar but the sections are somewhat different from what you see. Sections A4,5,6,7 look fab. Sections
A3 and 8 look really good, and sections A11 and 12 look very good but they are on the sides of the jutting out stage. That being said I'm still trying find the actual one for the Stones. Good luck to all.

Date: April 4, 2015 03:20

I can't believe it! My wife said go for it so we just ordered the 'Start Me Up' Expierence tickets which are located in P1 on the seating chart (Sections A3,A4,A5,A6) and the closest sections to the stage, and (Sections A10,A11,A12) which are directly behind A3,4,5,6 and closest to the small stage they will walk out to and play a couple songs on. The most we've ever spent on concert tickets by far but hey, it's The Stones! And now we don't have to take our chance with the presales or deal with scalpers.

For the 'Start Me Up' Experience order form with seating chart send an email to Ismena Castellon at icastellon@padres.com. Thanks Ismena and Go Padres!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 4, 2015 04:45

J22surf
Did you get confirmation of your tickets, or are you on a waiting list? I thought that the the full season ticket holders have first crack at these tickets, and everyone else is on a waiting list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 05:43 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: April 4, 2015 04:57

1200 hours to opening night.
Tickets--done.
Flights--done.
Accommodations--done.

Details done and settled.
My party of three WILL have a blast !!!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 4, 2015 05:24

An interesting event the night before at the legendary Belly Up Tavern the night before the concert... Looks like a great reason to check out the venue...

Beatles vs. Stones - A Musical Shootout
Saturday, May 23 2015

Map It!
Belly Up Tavern (Belly Up Tavern)
143 S Cedros Ave
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Show at 9:00PM
21+ Only

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 4, 2015 05:56

j22surf
I'm baaack! Haven't posted since 1998 when BV himself hooked me up with tickets to see the boys play at Werchter Festival Ground in Belguim. Thanks again BV! If your coming out to San Diego let me know, I owe you one.

Below is an email I recieved from the Padres office on 4/1 and if I can figure out how to copy and paste a PDF it will show a ticket package already on sale (Start Me Up Experience for $575) and the full seating plan. Any help would be appreciated. More later on where to stay, party and eat in beautiful San Diego.

"As of today, we are able to offer the Start Me Up premium experience (flyer attached), should you be interested in this option now. It is first come, first served. I won’t know about the Lexus Experience until early next week as we need to give first right of refusal to our Lexus Home Plate Club owners.

We also have suite packages available.

1. VIP Packages
“Start Me Up” Experience: Held in the Premier Club, this experience includes a Floor Seat Ticket, Pre-show reception including hosted food, beer and wine, a souvenir lanyard, parking (1 parking pass per 2 tickets)

2. Suites
i. WMB/Tower Lofts = $9,500 per suite – This includes one Padres suite for a 2015 game (based on availability). Each suite (Padres and Stones) includes 20 tickets. For the Stones parking, SRO’s (up to 10 at $325 each), and F&B can be added.
ii. Terrace and Premier Club Suites = $12,500 per suite – This includes 2 Padres suites for 2015 games (based on availability). Each suite (Padres and Stones) includes 20 tickets. For the Stones, parking, SRO’s (up to 10 at $375 each), and F&B can be added.
iii. Garden Level = $16,000 per suite – This includes 2 Padres suites for 2015 games (based on availability). The Stones suite includes 30 tickets and each Padres suite includes 20 tickets. For the Stones, parking, SRO’s (up to 10 at $375 each), and F&B can be added."

The suites aren't that bad if you do the math per ticket but the kicker is no food or beverage included. I only live 40 miles north in Oceanside but booked my hotel a couple weeks ago and an early dinner reservation in the Gaslamp this morning. I can't wait!!!

Awesome, thanks! Just sent an email.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 4, 2015 06:10

MisterDDDD
An interesting event the night before at the legendary Belly Up Tavern the night before the concert... Looks like a great reason to check out the venue...

Beatles vs. Stones - A Musical Shootout
Saturday, May 23 2015

Map It!
Belly Up Tavern (Belly Up Tavern)
143 S Cedros Ave
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Show at 9:00PM
21+ Only

Thanks, it looks interesting. I'm probably going. smileys with beer

Date: April 4, 2015 06:35

I believe it's a waiting list as no individual seats assignments were provided. I was speaking with Ismena when she recieved my order and she confirmed they will be in section P1 on the floor as promised. She also said this was their third day taking orders for this package and they were going fast. She stated they had taken individual orders for up to 10 tickets each but I don't know if that is the maximum quantity allowed per order.

We had planned on the $395 tickets through the AX presale with hopes of being on the floor and close to the stage but after hearing what she said I didn't want to take the chance and end up with just ok seats at that price.

Here is a quick overview of the 'P' areas on the seating chart:

P1 - Floor - best seats, dead center and closest to the stages.
P2 - Foor plus first 3 levels of stadium seating. This is a huge seating area wrapping all the way from the Left Field foul pole to the Right Field foul pole. P2 Floor has 3 sections each to the right and left of P1 and the stage. Big difference in P2 Floor versus the rest of P2 area.
P3 - The top level of the stadium all the way around.
P4 - The last few rows at the top of the stadium all the way around, aka the 'nosebleed' seats

They are not showing any outfield seats as being available on the seating chart.

Date: April 4, 2015 06:40

2014Slayer
J22surf
Did you get confirmation of your tickets, or are you on a waiting list? I thought that the the full season ticket holders have first crack at these tickets, and everyone else is on a waiting list.

Sorry, just figured out how to respond so it shows up with your question. Please see my response submitted separately.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: April 4, 2015 06:58

Never mind -

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 07:10 by rltsurf.

Date: April 4, 2015 07:11

j22surf
2014Slayer
J22surf

Sorry, just figured out how to respond so it shows up with your question. Please see my response submitted separately.

Thanks for your answer. What has me so nervous is when will we find out if we have gotten these tickets. We need to find out by the end of the day on the 7th, otherwise we need to look at one of the other presales. Did you find out how you would get confirmation? Call, email, credit card dinged?

Date: April 4, 2015 07:12

So what prices are tickets going to be?

Date: April 4, 2015 07:48

What the Padres ticket office told me was that the entire first row was for the Padres owners. After that, corporate sponsors and then season ticket holders, and then the VIP package seats. After the "blue" sections sell out (that's A3, A4, A5, A6, A10, A11 and A12), then the "red" sections will be given out (A1, A2, A7 A8, A9 and A13). They will process all the VIP requests next week in the order in which they were received. The Start Me Up Experience is $575. The order request includes email address, so I think that is how we'll be notified of what seats we got.

Date: April 4, 2015 08:11

JadedFaded
What the Padres ticket office told me was that the entire first row was for the Padres owners. After that, corporate sponsors and then season ticket holders, and then the VIP package seats. After the "blue" sections sell out (that's A3, A4, A5, A6, A10, A11 and A12), then the "red" sections will be given out (A1, A2, A7 A8, A9 and A13). They will process all the VIP requests next week in the order in which they were received. The Start Me Up Experience is $575. The order request includes email address, so I think that is how we'll be notified of what seats we got.

Hope they start Monday morning! We need to know asap!

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 4, 2015 08:12

JadedFaded

Hi! Do you think they'll let us know well before the presales start? I hope so because we need to know in advance if we have to try for AMEX presale.

Date: April 4, 2015 08:53

JayBee
JadedFaded

Hi! Do you think they'll let us know well before the presales start? I hope so because we need to know in advance if we have to try for AMEX presale.

I don't know. If you call the ticket office, they should be able to tell you. I didn't ask when I talked to them, but I got the impression they would process on Wednesday.

Date: April 4, 2015 09:06

JadedFaded
JayBee
JadedFaded

I don't know. If you call the ticket office, they should be able to tell you. I didn't ask when I talked to them, but I got the impression they would process on Wednesday.

Thanks for you answer. We will have to call Tuesday afternoon if we haven't heard anything, as we have a relative on standby to help with the AmEx presale on Wednesday 10 a.m.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 4, 2015 09:07

Okay thanks. I plan to call before Wednesday. I would hate to find out too late and miss trying for AmEx presale. :/

Date: April 4, 2015 12:26

How about the you can't always git what you want experience seats, how much do those cost? Cause 575 ain't happening for this po boy who saw them for $250/seat with mic Taylor and Bobby keys just 2 years ago

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: April 4, 2015 13:52

Flights from Germany booked. Indigo hotel booked with view right into the arena. In case I don't get tickets smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2015 14:29

I will certainly be in San Diego, planning to follow the whole tour, even if it means I will miss most of the summer in Norway, including out four weeks of strawberry season at home mid June to mid July sad smiley But The Stones are calling and once on tour the adrenaline is kicking in. In fact I am pretty useless at home already, online at all times, just thinking about California and what to do between San Diego and Columbus and so on. Airline tickets and hotels booked.

San Diego will be great. Don't know yet if I will stay in San Diego for a few more days or start moving east sooner. I see Amtrak takes 44 hours from LA to Chicago. Then there are great stops in Phonix and St Louis on the way to Columbus. My calendar is open and I am looking forward to a great tour. Staium shows means meeting lots of old and new friends - Stones time!

Bjornulf

Date: April 4, 2015 16:10

Wow world famous world traveler RS fans. I'm gonna fall out of bed here in LA and hope I get lucky and somehow get tickets to the secret sticky fingers show... Otherwise it's a simple drive down the coast to SD

Thanks for all the inside info here at IORR

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 4, 2015 16:59

Enjoy the tour bv,and thanks again.
Stones Time!!

Nothing like the adrenaline rush leading up to a Rolling Stones concert.
So thankful to still have the opportunity to experience it.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 4, 2015 17:01

MisterDDDD
Enjoy the tour bv,and thanks again.
Stones Time!!

Nothing like the adrenaline rush leading up to a Rolling Stones concert.
So thankful to still have the opportunity to experience it.

I know! This is so exciting just waiting for the pre sale, then the show, then deluxe sticky fingers!

Date: April 4, 2015 18:33

We need an identifying bv/iorr mark so we can spot each other at the concert! Will have to figure out a place to meet before/after also!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home