Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:34

likecats
Gfmsoccer
likecats
HouseBoyKnows
I've heard that the boys are not actually staying in SD overnight and may be shuttling from their LA HQ. So that would make for logistics challenges. Maybe helicopter to/from LA on Saturday and Sunday?

I'm flying in from Philly Saturday AM. Looking forward big time. I've attended every US tour opening gig since 1981 and the opener is always a special thrill.

HBK doin' alright

I know where they're staying.

That's fair. We're not publishing it to the media, don't want to bother their private time. But you could say what street it's on, and not name the hotel. Then you're off the hook.

Where?

Last night I was told where they're going to stay by someone I trust but I don't want to get that person in any trouble. The Stones are not commuting from L.A. for this show, they're here.
I am absolutely not an insider. I spent Wednesday night outside the Fonda Theatre in vain hope of getting in.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:35

Nikkei
The "Tongue Sunset" seems to be the San Diego commemorative litograph? Last year those were only revealed on show day.

I am delighted to see they are doing city specific tongue shirts/posters, I was hoping they would.... well are at least they are doing them for the first stop, I hope they keep it up.

Thanks for the pictures a bigger nut

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 00:36 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:35

Yes merch turck is open for business with a huge variety of stuff - more variety than I remember seeing during any tour in the past.
Cups, bottles, towels, magnets, comemmorative tickets, laminates, etc., etc., etc.,you name it , and of course loads of shirts and hats. Even toenail clippers!!! (just kidding).
All I wanted was a San Diego shirt which they have several styles and designs of (baseball tongue, a couple more, and as seen below).

Really liked this one, but there was nothing on the back and I hesitated...I really have enough Stones t-shirts, but may buy it later.

Instead I settled for the lithograph which is limited to 650 (hand written on bottom, I have #111).
Beach, waves, sunsets, and the Rolling Stones...that about sums up my life right about now. thumbs up

Date: May 24, 2015 00:42

likecats
I'm having a beer at the Deck and people-watching. Bought a shirt at the merchandise booth. No lines, might as well get it now. I asked security if they could/would tell me if there is going to be a sound check today. I was told that the stage is still going up and sound check is more likely tomorrow. I'm going to hang around for awhile though.

Good points.. What I know is the Stones love to go out for dinner and go to bed early (Charlie, Mick). Which means no rehearsal/sound check tonight. They will be testing lighting tonight. If you don't see limos by about 4 or 5, it ain't happening. Definitely sound check tomorrow late morning or afternoon

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:45

Hopefully they will sell the posters on line. Design looks great. T shirts too.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:08

They're not staying in downtown San Diego or the Hotel del Coronado. I'm sorry for being so secretive, I'm just respecting bv's wishes not to post specific information publicly. My source was very excited to tell me and I don't want to cause any trouble on that end either. My original post was in response to speculation that they might drive back and forth from L.A. for the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 01:11 by likecats.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:11

Hairball
Progress:

How do you geht this overview pics? Is there a Website with a live cam or are you living just next to petco?

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:26

went to Lucky Brand, now on the way to the Merch Truck. Later I will post pics of the stage. Any suggestions where to hang out tonight?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:28

haukej
went to Lucky Brand, now on the way to the Merch Truck. Later I will post pics of the stage. Any suggestions where to hang out tonight?

With your wife or girlfriend?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:34

likecats
They're not staying in downtown San Diego or the Hotel del Coronado. I'm sorry for being so secretive, I'm just respecting bv's wishes not to post specific information publicly. My source was very excited to tell me and I don't want to cause any trouble on that end either. My original post was in response to speculation that they might drive back and forth from L.A. for the show.

Nobody in their right mind would drive from L.A. to SD, traffic can suck here. Can you imagine, the show is delayed because Mick is stuck on the 405?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:38

roller99
likecats

Nobody in their right mind would drive from L.A. to SD, traffic can suck here. Can you imagine, the show is delayed because Mick is stuck on the 405?

I once saw a Guns-r-Roses show in San Diego. Soundgarden opened promptly at 8pm and was off at 8:50. Guns and Roses took the stage at 1am. Their excuse was the traffic from LA to SD. Lol. Sucked for everyone who had to work the next morning.

Date: May 24, 2015 01:45

I went to that show too but I thought they announced in advance that they wouldn't start until at least midnight, so I was expecting a late night.

Date: May 24, 2015 01:48

likecats

Ok thanks, I was trying to figure out the route they would drive and how quickly they could pop over to the stadium. I think I know where there are now.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:53

they'll stay (as always, no secret)at the same place in beverly hills and fly down--either helicopter or private jet-- but La is basecamp. you'll never see them at the hotel, but perhaps for charlie who will sometimes catch a car out front.the others' feet will never touch public ground or breathe common air.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 01:53 by wellalright.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:55

Gfmsoccer
likecats

Ok thanks, I was trying to figure out the route they would drive and how quickly they could pop over to the stadium. I think I know where there are now.

Maybe they touchdown on MIDWAY.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 24, 2015 01:59

Cool lithograph! It bodes well for the rest being up the standard of the ones they produced for down under and Europe.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:04

video: [vid1060.photobucket.com]
From a few hours ago, the doors rolling open on the merchandise trailer. The music playing was coming from the trailer, not a soundcheck.
Getting exciting here!
I'll continue to post updates if you want to follow me on twitter (@nathandragoo).
If the video doesn't load, just click the link.

Date: May 24, 2015 02:05

Also, on the cool litho, it's pretty rigid and NOT in a tube. This would make transporting it home difficult, so I opted not to buy. Very cool, though.

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:06

Please send Pics of the Tourbook of the current tour. And the price.

Date: May 24, 2015 02:08

vintage stone
Please send Pics of the Tourbook of the current tour. And the price.
I didn't see the tourbook at the trailer, but I may have missed it. I'll check later.

Date: May 24, 2015 02:14

I asked about tour books awhile ago and there weren't any.

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:15

Hi Longhorn,
are you at Petco Park?

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:17

Thanks for all longhorn!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:21

longhorn14
video: [vid1060.photobucket.com]
From a few hours ago, the doors rolling open on the merchandise trailer. The music playing was coming from the trailer, not a soundcheck.
Getting exciting here!
I'll continue to post updates if you want to follow me on twitter (@nathandragoo).
If the video doesn't load, just click the link.

Very cool video longhorn! Love it.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:31

Wow - Tops too!

Date: May 24, 2015 02:31

vintage stone
Hi Longhorn,
are you at Petco Park?
I was earlier. Roaming around throughout the day. Staying pretty close by. Back at the hotel now, hoping to hear news of a soundcheck or rehearsal if anyone knows anything.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:41

thumbs up

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 24, 2015 02:54

Although I'm set for Orlando- I'm looking to score a ticket for SD since I'm in Irvine on business.

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 24, 2015 03:21

[i284.photobucket.com]

this is the situation at 5pm. definitely no rehearsals or soundcheck. probably another allnighter for the crews

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 03:25 by haukej.

Date: May 24, 2015 03:24

Awesome shots, Haukej! I'm about to go walking about a bit to see if I can hear anything coming from Petco.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home