Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 11, 2015 18:56

Raddle
The official ticket site released some more tickets. There are a few good ones. Use this link.

Tickets.com

A1 and A8 available for $251 - $258.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 11, 2015 19:18

BluzDude
Raddle
The official ticket site released some more tickets. There are a few good ones. Use this link.

Tickets.com

A1 and A8 available for $251 - $258.

2nd row A5 for a mere $1428 each, that's down quite a bit from a couple weeks ago. They must have released more to StubHub too since after slow sales there yesterday, there are more tickets available on the site.

The scramble to sell all the remaining tickets has officially started and the first show and only West coast appearance is officially NOT sold out. Not good news for places like Indy and Columbus, I expect to see some drops in prices there very shortly.

peace

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: May 11, 2015 20:02

Hello All, back after several days gone. So excited to know "The Boys" are in LA right now. WOW...I would pay just about anything to get into that "invites only" show!
Has there been a place named to meet up before the opener in San Diego?
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Date: May 11, 2015 20:21

Summergirl
Hello All, back after several days gone. So excited to know "The Boys" are in LA right now. WOW...I would pay just about anything to get into that "invites only" show!

I don't think it's clear yet....maybe next week we can take a poll or something. We tried to arrange a meet-up before the tour opener in 2013, only 4 IORRs showed up. But since it was Rockman, stonesrule and boynamedsue69 along with myself, I would say the important people were there, thus a success!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 11, 2015 20:50

BluzDude
Summergirl

I don't think it's clear yet....maybe next week we can take a poll or something. We tried to arrange a meet-up before the tour opener in 2013, only 4 IORRs showed up. But since it was Rockman, stonesrule and boynamedsue69 along with myself, I would say the important people were there, thus a success!

I think an IORR meet-up would be fun..
I'm aware of the Shidoobee pre-show festivities..maybe one that didn't conflict..
the night before or??

*Just remembered.. the night before there is a very cool Beatles vs Rolling Stones shindig at the Belly Up I snagged tickets to. Maybe it would make a great potential meet-up spot??

BEATLES VS. STONES - A MUSICAL SHOOTOUT

Doors: 8:00 pm
Start: 9:00 pm
Price: $19-$21
The two greatest rock 'n' roll bands of all time face off as The Belly Up hosts tributes to the Beatles (Abbey Road) and the Rolling Stones (Jumping Jack Flash)! Who do you vote for?!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:19

A friend alerted me that the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is at the Casbah May 23rd.
And if that's not your cup of tea, there's some cool reggae Hawaiian style with Common Kings at San Diego House of Blues - also on May 23rd.

If your choice is neither of the above, then a nice Stone/Beatle battle might be up your alley!

With that said, for the pre-show on May 24th I have several friends from Shidoobee (as well as here) who will be showing up at Moonshine Flats that's less than a block from Petco.
I'll probably drop in for a beer there, but am open to any other suggestions. I've been known to maneuver between various spots.... drinking smiley

> Moonshine

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:24

Hairball
A friend alerted me that the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is at the Casbah May 23rd.

Thank you very much, Hairball. I was thinking about going to see the Stones/Beatles battle, but this is great! smileys with beer

Date: May 11, 2015 23:34

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

Thank you very much, Hairball. I was thinking about going to see the Stones/Beatles battle, but this is great! smileys with beer

Cheers Christiano! thumbs up

Also, weirdly, the ticketing system that was showing tickets this morning from the link posted above is once again claiming "no seats are available for this performance".

Maybe they're taking some time for another re-evaluation and will drop prices again!
Stay tuned....

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:53

Hairball
And if that's not your cup of tea, there's some cool reggae Hawaiian style with Common Kings at San Diego House of Blues - also on May 23rd.

If your choice is neither of the above, then a nice Stone/Beatle battle might be up your alley!

With that said, for the pre-show on May 24th I have several friends from Shidoobee (as well as here) who will be showing up at Moonshine Flats that's less than a block from Petco.
I'll probably drop in for a beer there, but am open to any other suggestions. I've been known to maneuver between various spots....

Thanks Hairball...The Casbah sounds good as does the "Stones/Beatle" battle (even though we already know who THE greatest Rock n Roll band of all time is smiling smiley
Moonshine flats will for sure be on the agenda pre-show, but, like you, am open to suggestion

> Moonshine

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:00

2014Slayer
steffialicia
Does every trolley line go to Petco?
Yes they all do. The green one stops going all the way east after 11 pm (at least they used to), so I wouldn't park east of Qualcomm. They should be adding extra trolleys for the event. Any of the Mission Valley, and Old Town stations will be good. Go to www.sdmts.com for more info.

Thank you. Actually, I'm staying in what I believe is the downtown area so I'll grab a trolley from there.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:22

The Casbah is my favorite music venue anywhere.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:14

Raddle

Tickets.com

Wow, those got sold pretty quick!

Posted by: curt ()
Date: May 12, 2015 17:00

300 hours to opening night,

Batteries charged.
Discs selected.
Supplemental activities selected.

Gonna be another rocking night,,,

Posted by: boltage ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:02

Hi. First post here. I have to say, this is a great community with very helpful info!

Here's a question about the San Diego show.

Does anyone have any ideas about which right-side section might be better: 213 or 223?

213 is farther but may have a more straight-on view of the stage. It may also have part of the stage obsructed by equipment towers out in front of the crowd. Not sure how bad that will be or how far it will all seem.

223 seems quite a bit closer but may be too much of a side view. Maybe part of the stage will be inset and obstructed. Maybe side screens come out at an angle and obstruct the view entirely.

213 seems to be the conservative choice while 223 is high risk/high reward.

Any ideas on the venue, stage, and these two sections would be great to hear.

Looking forward to the show ... just a week or so left!

Date: May 12, 2015 23:12

boltage
Hi. First post here. I have to say, this is a great community with very helpful info!

Does anyone have any ideas about which right-side section might be better: 213 or 223?

213 is farther but may have a more straight-on view of the stage. It may also have part of the stage obsructed by equipment towers out in front of the crowd. Not sure how bad that will be or how far it will all seem.

223 seems quite a bit closer but may be too much of a side view. Maybe part of the stage will be inset and obstructed. Maybe side screens come out at an angle and obstruct the view entirely.

The ticket should say obstructed view, if it is. From what I recall, obstructed views in the 100's were in sections 107, 109 and maybe 111. In the 200's it's 205, 207 and not sure about 209 and 211. Look at the map, but I think 213 might be clear

Date: May 12, 2015 23:19

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:31

Hi

I'm posting this purely for those who might be interested and in case it is useful to anyone still searching for tickets. Since 15 April, I have been monitoring the sales on Stubhub every day, for sales in blocks A3-A6 (where I wanted to buy). The bottom line is that there have been very few sales - 28 transactions in total in almost a month, so pretty much one per day. Below is a list of all sales that have happened in that time, with price and block/row. Any date not listed there was no sales. I don't know if this helps predict what might happen in the next week or so, but I just thought more information was better.

cheers

syrel

16/4
$1382 (A3/32)
$1777 (A3/28)
$1497 (A6/23)

17/4
$1727 (A3/21)

18/4
$1008 (A3/27)
$4450 (A5/7)

20/4
$3001 (A4/15)

26/4
$2789 (A4/11)
$1123 (A6/28)

27/4
$954 (A3/26)
$5925 (A4/1)
$1040 (A6/20)
$5177 (A6/8)

28/4
$1385 (A6/28)

4/5
$1247 (A3/33)
$2550 (A5/15)
$2305 (A5/35)

6/5
$1900 (A6/4)

7/5
$1625 (A3/5)
$1727 (A3/3)
$1267 (A6/30)

8/5
$2850 (A5/2)
$1900 (A5/4)

11-12/5 (I missed a day)
$1075 (A3/30)
$2050 (A3/5)
$1558 (A4/34)

Date: May 12, 2015 23:45

BluzDude
BluzDude
boltage

The ticket should say obstructed view, if it is. From what I recall, obstructed views in the 100's were in sections 107, 109 and maybe 111. In the 200's it's 205, 207 and not sure about 209 and 211. Look at the map, but I think 213 might be clear

images.tickets.com

Thanks BluzDude. Thanks for linking the seating chart, too. Good idea.

213 might juuust be in the clear (no obstructed view listed). I suppose it depends upon how the equipment is set up. It is a bit further, though. That's the thing.

223 is tempting, just because it's so much closer. However, there seems to be a very strong chance that it's way too far to the right-side to see the stage or even the screens.

Here are pics from the sections:

View from 213
From 213, the left side of the stage might be right at the far right side of the image. If the equipment tower is mostly in the infield, the view should be fine; at an angle and at some distance.

View from 223
From 223, the stage might not show on the image, but the far right side of the pic is directly across from the seats. So, it will be a major angle. Much closer, but such an angle might hide inset parts of the stage and the screens wouldn't help much.

If either one of these were shifted (213 a bit closer, 223 a bit less of an angle), it would be an easy choice. confused smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 00:01 by boltage.

Date: May 13, 2015 00:20

My personal opinion, I would take 213 because at that distance, one tends to look at the screen alot. In an arena situation, I might consider the direct side view.

Date: May 13, 2015 00:25

I'd also take 213 for a variety of reasons.
Those extreme side views in any baseball stadium suck.

Date: May 13, 2015 00:53

I'm in 125. Praying I made the right choice. I've had side seats many times before in indoor situations and have been happy.

Date: May 13, 2015 00:58

steffialicia
I'm in 125. Praying I made the right choice. I've had side seats many times before in indoor situations and have been happy.

You are lower down (than 223) and it looks like you are still slightly in front of the stage. I think you will be fine, but not sure if you will have a clear shot at the giant screens.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 00:58

I have section 123 and it didn't say obstructed, which if it was, they would tell you. I have had side view in arenas and also the Rogers Centre in Toronto before all for Stones shows and they were fine. The tickets said side view though.

Date: May 13, 2015 00:59

Hope so. I thought the angle would help.

Date: May 13, 2015 01:01

Thanks for your opinions. They help!

BluzDude, that's a great point. I'm used to arenas and they're quite a bit closer on the side. Plus, that stage show is gonna be awesome! I agree, the screens will really help. A direct view would really set the memories well.

Hairball, I appreciate the straight opinion. Ha, ha! True that!

In looking at the pics above, I started thinking that the distances seem similar. So, I took out a ruler and calc'd some ratios from the seating chart. It's rough, I know. Anyway, yes, 223 is just 66% of the distance to the near corner, as compared to 213. However, 223 is only 83% to the center-stage and 93% the distance to the far corner. To top it off, they are the same distance to the extended part of the stage!

So, the differences in distances are just about negligible for the majority of the show. It seems that the angle of the view is the choice. 213 seems right for me.

Great ideas and your comments really ring true! Glad to have such good feedback.

Thank you!

Ahh, now I see steffialicia's and Amy's notes. You'll both be even closer. You'll be able to see even more detail as Keith roams around. The show's gonna be awesome! So, your choice is right. It's gonna be great to be there!

Date: May 13, 2015 01:10

It's gonna be great to be anywhere! Have a blast everyone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 01:21 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:26

I have 2 extra pairs of tickets for the Petco show.

Section J (Premier Club) lower level behind home plate, Row 3

Section 317, Row 12, upper level, great view.

email me if you're interested.

Glenn
gfmsoccer@msn.com

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 13, 2015 03:28

boltage
BluzDude
BluzDude
boltage

images.tickets.com

Thanks BluzDude. Thanks for linking the seating chart, too. Good idea.

213 might juuust be in the clear (no obstructed view listed). I suppose it depends upon how the equipment is set up. It is a bit further, though. That's the thing.

223 is tempting, just because it's so much closer. However, there seems to be a very strong chance that it's way too far to the right-side to see the stage or even the screens.

Here are pics from the sections:

View from 213
From 213, the left side of the stage might be right at the far right side of the image. If the equipment tower is mostly in the infield, the view should be fine; at an angle and at some distance.

View from 223
From 223, the stage might not show on the image, but the far right side of the pic is directly across from the seats. So, it will be a major angle. Much closer, but such an angle might hide inset parts of the stage and the screens wouldn't help much.

If either one of these were shifted (213 a bit closer, 223 a bit less of an angle), it would be an easy choice. confused smiley

I guess I am not getting something. The direction on those fotos is toward the infield and the stage will be in straightaway center field. Please help.

plexi

Date: May 13, 2015 04:54

I guess I am not getting something. The direction on those fotos is toward the infield and the stage will be in straightaway center field. Please help.

....those photos were taken from a baseball point of view, not concert.

Date: May 13, 2015 21:29

(Thanks again, BluzDude!)

timbernardis (or plexi), yes, most of the seat-view photos I found from specific sections were for the Petco Park baseball events, not concerts.

However, cross-referencing the photos with the seating chart and its layout of the stage structures, I was able to guess at the location of the (lighting and sound) equipment towers, mostly situated in the infield. I was also able to guess at the location of the stage and extension as seen from the each section and get a feel for the angles and distances involved. The Western Metal Supply building and some of the far left-field seating sections helped with that. Those structures are on the far right of the photos, just barely in view.

I also looked at other photos that view sections 213 and 223 from the left side of home plate to get a better feel for the distances and angles between each section and elements of the field. No one set of info seems complete. It's all a bit tricky but it helped.

We could certainly use more photos of concert layouts for such venues. Or, maybe creating mosaics from photos would help.

Some of the best info for making a decision, though, was from people on this board. Their experience is evident and their opinions are helpful. They shared great insights.

Now, I just can't wait for the show! It's gonna be a blast! Hanging out in such a great place, partying the whole weekend, and experiencing one of the very best shows around!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home