Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 30, 2015 05:01

Where'd you see the map?? Gotta link?
Can't imagine...

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 30, 2015 05:07

anyone know if they have actually mailed out the tickets yet? the post office now takes 10 business days, meaning 14 days, to deliver a letter that used to take 3 days. meaning they gotta go out TOMORROW.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: April 30, 2015 05:41

sundevil
anyone know if they have actually mailed out the tickets yet? the post office now takes 10 business days, meaning 14 days, to deliver a letter that used to take 3 days. meaning they gotta go out TOMORROW.

I received mine today, I live in New York

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 30, 2015 05:57

MisterDDDD
Where'd you see the map?? Gotta link?
Can't imagine...

Here is the link:

[seatgeek.com]

Looks a lot different than earlier maps!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 30, 2015 06:23

Seatgeek has 50 rows shown on their map, you're right 2014Slayer..

But the highest ticket they have for sale in A3 for example is Row 38, which is what the venue map(s) show.. They just show a generic type map with more rows, but they don't exist is my take.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 30, 2015 06:24

2014Slayer
Just saw a new map for the field seats, they showed 50 rows in the front sections, what gives? That is 20 more rows than originally shown on the floor seating.

Lucky Dip seats! hot smiley...

peace

Date: April 30, 2015 07:10

MisterDDDD
Seatgeek has 50 rows shown on their map, you're right 2014Slayer..

But the highest ticket they have for sale in A3 for example is Row 38, which is what the venue map(s) show.. They just show a generic type map with more rows, but they don't exist is my take.

I have sent an email to my rep at Petco to have her clear this up, so much misinformation. Will let you know when I hear from her. What is it, 30, 40, 50 rows?

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 30, 2015 20:00

j22surf
Wow!!! I am in shock! Ismena just called me back and confirmed our Start Me Up package seats. I am almost afraid to post it as my card has yet to be charged but here goes: Floor A3, Row 26, Seats 29,30

I haven't been that close to the stage for a Stones concert since 1981 at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The field was GA and we eventually pushed our way up to within 30' of the stage. Still one of my favorite concerts as the Stones were preceded by the J. Geils Band and George Thorogood & The Destroyers both of who totally rocked the place. The opening act was Prince who nobody had ever heard of and he made it through maybe 2 or 3 songs before being literally booed off the stage.

Keeping my fingers crossed until my card is charged and hoping all other SMU pakcage buyers get as good or better seats! My AX presale tickets will go up for sale here as soon as I see the charge on my card. (Sec FZ110, Row 33, Seats 8,9 for $175 per ticket + $38 ticket fee per ticket + $5 processing fee + $2.50 delivery fee for a total of $433.50)

Sorry for not posting earlier but I have been out of town on business all week. The charge for the SMU package tickets finally showed up on my credit card on 26 April. I will be home tomorrow afternoon and hope to find the other tickets I ordered waiting for me.

A reminder the concert takes place on Memorial Day weekend, a 3 day holiday that kicks off the summer season where a lot of people head to the beach so it will probably be more crowded than usual.

In answer to a couple other posts:

The weather here is great but plan on bringing a light jacket or sweater for the concert. We typically have "June Gloom" in late spring early summer meaning the marine layer (low cloud cover) will be in place from sunrise until 12N-2PM on average and then coming back in early evening. If the winds blowing it can be cool.

Plenty of parking within walking distance for $20 or less so don't stress out. We're taking the train down from Oceanside (40 miles), taxi to the Hilton and walking to Petco.

Think we will pass on the Hard Rock for the pre-party so hopefully we can figure out another spot to meet.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 30, 2015 21:41

Can anyone suggest a toll road route from Baldwin Hills, CA to SanDiego? Thanks.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 30, 2015 22:33

steffialicia
Can anyone suggest a toll road route from Baldwin Hills, CA to SanDiego? Thanks.

The only toll road to consider is the 73 in Orange county, but it's only worth it during certain hours. Since it's a holiday weekend, if you are traveling on Friday or early Saturday, you may want to consider it. If you are traveling on Sunday or late Saturday, it shouldn't make much of a difference.

I would download Waze on your phone to get an idea of the time it will take, also do a mapquest or google map right before you leave using the 73, 405 and perhaps the 10 to the 5 to check out the potential arrival times.

Date: April 30, 2015 22:40

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: April 30, 2015 23:10

Anyone hear anything about opening acts? Sorry if this has already been addressed previously.

Posted by: Keef551 ()
Date: May 1, 2015 01:05

Any whiffs of info on rehearsals or pre-gigs?

Date: May 1, 2015 01:11

BluzDude
steffialicia

The only toll road to consider is the 73 in Orange county, but it's only worth it during certain hours. Since it's a holiday weekend, if you are traveling on Friday or early Saturday, you may want to consider it. If you are traveling on Sunday or late Saturday, it shouldn't make much of a difference.

I would download Waze on your phone to get an idea of the time it will take, also do a mapquest or google map right before you leave using the 73, 405 and perhaps the 10 to the 5 to check out the potential arrival times.

FYI the 73 no longer has toll booths so if you are planning on going that way, you need to purchase a pass/toll ahead of time online. Not sure how that works now, have stopped going that way since they took out the booths. If you leave LA early (like before 7 am) you should be ok, otherwise you will run into beach traffic.

Date: May 1, 2015 01:19

2014Slayer
BluzDude
steffialicia

FYI the 73 no longer has toll booths so if you are planning on going that way, you need to purchase a pass/toll ahead of time online. Not sure how that works now, have stopped going that way since they took out the booths. If you leave LA early (like before 7 am) you should be ok, otherwise you will run into beach traffic.

Thanks for the update, it's been a few years since I had to consider using the 73. Not sure how that would work, but I think there is a way without the use of a transponder.

Date: May 1, 2015 01:22

[www.thetollroads.com]

More toll road info

looks like you have 5 days to pay a toll after using it (it captures you plate)

Date: May 1, 2015 01:59

This info is for a person who does not have easy access to a computer/smart phone. I'll just make sure she's on the road early on Sunday to head down via the 5. Thank you for your suggestions.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 1, 2015 03:17

steffialicia
This info is for a person who does not have easy access to a computer/smart phone. I'll just make sure she's on the road early on Sunday to head down via the 5. Thank you for your suggestions.

the concert is on a Sunday. If you come down Sunday morning there will be no traffic at all. All the return traffic will be Monday, Memorial Day.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 1, 2015 03:23

Keef551
Any whiffs of info on rehearsals or pre-gigs?
Yes, the rumors are the Stones will arrive in the next few days in LA for rehearsals. Probably at same location in Burbank as last time. Some of the band have commitments into next week, so they may not all arrive at once. I would expect they'll rehearse for about 10 days. They'll do a tune-up gig in a club or small theater in LA a couple of days before heading down to San Diego to do a dress rehearsal on the Petco Park stage (1st show) Saturday 23rd.

Posted by: bkrancho ()
Date: May 2, 2015 04:02

My Petco Park tickets arrived today!

Posted by: stonesfan7676 ()
Date: May 2, 2015 04:38

bkrancho

Mine arrived as well, and I'm in Oregon thumbs up

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 2, 2015 04:42

Gfmsoccer
Keef551
before heading down to San Diego to do a dress rehearsal on the Petco Park stage (1st show) Saturday 23rd.

Dress rehearsal on the 23rd?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2015 05:18

stonesfan7676
bkrancho

Yessiree, ticket touchdown here as well!!! thumbs up

Date: May 2, 2015 11:42

Hairball
stonesfan7676
bkrancho

Yessiree, ticket touchdown here as well!!! thumbs up

Mine arrived also smileys with beer

Date: May 3, 2015 23:36

j22surf
Wow!!! I am in shock! Ismena just called me back and confirmed our Start Me Up package seats. I am almost afraid to post it as my card has yet to be charged but here goes: Floor A3, Row 26, Seats 29,30

I haven't been that close to the stage for a Stones concert since 1981 at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The field was GA and we eventually pushed our way up to within 30' of the stage. Still one of my favorite concerts as the Stones were preceded by the J. Geils Band and George Thorogood & The Destroyers both of who totally rocked the place. The opening act was Prince who nobody had ever heard of and he made it through maybe 2 or 3 songs before being literally booed off the stage.

Keeping my fingers crossed until my card is charged and hoping all other SMU pakcage buyers get as good or better seats! My AX presale tickets will go up for sale here as soon as I see the charge on my card. (Sec FZ110, Row 33, Seats 8,9 for $175 per ticket + $38 ticket fee per ticket + $5 processing fee + $7.50 delivery fee for a total of $433.50)

I received my AX presale tickets yesterday and my credit card was charged last week for the SMU package so the AX tickets are up for sale at face value to fellow IORR fans:

Sec FZ110, Row 33, Seats 8,9 for $175 per ticket + $38 ticket fee per ticket + $5 processing fee + $7.50 delivery fee for a total of $433.50. I posted on the 'All Sold Out' link so please let me know if you're interested. I will send a copy of the reciept to verify costs if needed. Thanks!

Date: May 5, 2015 03:43

j22surf
j22surf

Keeping my fingers crossed until my card is charged and hoping all other SMU pakcage buyers get as good or better seats! My AX presale tickets will go up for sale here as soon as I see the charge on my card. (Sec FZ110, Row 33, Seats 8,9 for $175 per ticket + $38 ticket fee per ticket + $5 processing fee + $7.50 delivery fee for a total of $433.50)

I received my AX presale tickets yesterday and my credit card was charged last week for the SMU package so the AX tickets are up for sale at face value to fellow IORR fans:

Sec FZ110, Row 33, Seats 8,9 for $175 per ticket + $38 ticket fee per ticket + $5 processing fee + $7.50 delivery fee for a total of $433.50. I posted on the 'All Sold Out' link so please let me know if you're interested. I will send a copy of the reciept to verify costs if needed. Thanks!

Tickets have been sold.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 5, 2015 05:10

I'm back in the running for going to the San Diego concert. I know....hardest place to get a ticket.

Right after I'd sent in my SMU order form on April 3rd, my sister back in the midwest, suddenly had some medical problems & I cancelled my order in fear that I might not be able to go...but now it looks like I probably I won't be needed around the time of this concert..

Of course I'll check for anyone selling tickets, but just thought I'd post it here also. Even if the seat is far from the stage I would just like to be able to "get in".

If someone who is going alone had to buy 2 tickets, such as the Lucky Dip or whatever, and only needs one of the two seats I'd be willing to pay for my half.

I appreciate any help y'all can give me on this. Thank you

Carolyn G

Date: May 5, 2015 05:23

tauk
I'm back in the running for going to the San Diego concert. I know....hardest place to get a ticket.

Right after I'd sent in my SMU order form on April 3rd, my sister back in the midwest, suddenly had some medical problems & I cancelled my order in fear that I might not be able to go...but now it looks like I probably I won't be needed around the time of this concert..

Of course I'll check for anyone selling tickets, but just thought I'd post it here also. Even if the seat is far from the stage I would just like to be able to "get in".

If someone who is going alone had to buy 2 tickets, such as the Lucky Dip or whatever, and only needs one of the two seats I'd be willing to pay for my half.

Carolyn G

Glad things are looking up. I'm sure you'll get a ticket too.

Date: May 5, 2015 07:17

tauk

Carolyn G

Have you contacted your original SMU person? I am wondering if there might SMU spots opening up every so often.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 5, 2015 07:46

2014Slayer
tauk

Carolyn G

Have you contacted your original SMU person? I am wondering if there might SMU spots opening up every so often.

2014Slayer-you know, that thought has crossed my mind. I might give that a try.

I guess the main thing I'm wondering about it this: all the "sold out" messages that is all we get now when clicking on SD tickets...is this merely the phase that all you experienced-"veteran" Stones-concert goers already predicted way back before any thing ever went on sale for this concert? In other words, are we in that phase between the initial sales and when more seats get released that have never been released for any sale so far?

Because if this is merely the predicted phase of them trying to "fake out" us buyers, it would seem to me that I should do as you all advised to begin with...don't panic, wait until just before the event. wait until closer to the event & see what I can buy then.

OR.... are they really sold out? If so, what role does all the Stub Hub outrageously priced tickets play in all this?

But, ya, I'll try asking Ismelda or whoever I would have to ask in the Padres ticket office at this point.

I really appreciate y'alls advice & help. I really do.

Carolyn G

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home