Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: amc0547 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:31

superpenguin
JayBee
sarahunwin
Anyone know how to track down a seating plan for San Diego with the sections up front marked? I also need to know how the seats are numbered

Go to the travel package page. The diagram on that page has numbers on them showing how deep the rows are on the field and seating numbers. (Really small type.)

NICE catch! +rep. Thanks for sharing that

Can't seem to find diagram??

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:37

Go here and click on the map on the right to expand it:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 22:38 by superpenguin.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:38

Perhaps I'm going insane in all of the self-induced frenzy, but I'm getting a bit tempted by the travel package. Some of the tickets aren't bad. I only need one ticket though, and don't particularly need the hotel room. Is anyone interested in teaming up (and perhaps still needs a hotel room)? Email me off list if interested.

syrel

Posted by: amc0547 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:46

superpenguin

[www.rollingstones.com]

Found it on my i phone, my computer browser wasn't loading map

thnak you!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:47

superpenguin

[www.rollingstones.com]

Yes indeed - very small print!

Looking at A4 for instance, can't tell if it is 14 or 16 across, and 34 deep?
Even with a magnifying glass, these 51 year old eyes are having trouble...eye rolling smiley... any help please?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:05

Cristiano Radtke
BluzDude
Cristiano Radtke
I've bought two FV107 tickets with restricted view, but that's alright for me. I would love if I could buy better and more expensive tickets, but I'm spending a lot of money on travel and what matters to me is to see the Stones in San Diego. smiling smiley

I'll be one section away in 105smileys with beer

Great! I will be in San Diego with two or three friends for the concert. It would be nice to meet some IORR friends there. smileys with beer

I hope to meet you, either at the show or a pre-show IORR get togethersmileys with beer

Posted by: Raddle ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:11

syrel
Raddle
Well, I struck out in the Pandora and Zip ode presales plus the general sale. I was going for floor seats in A6 or better. My guess is that none of those seats were released at $395. I notice that StubHub has no seats available in sections A3 - A6. It looks like they have all been allocated to the promoter's Platinum and VIP packages.

I know I should lie in wait for the hope some of these seats are released for sale. Is there any other strategy than checking the Padres' ticket site every hour?

Stubhub has about 80 tickets available in A3-A6. Affordable tickets, on the other hand...

syrel

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong. When I check A2 - A6 at StubHub, no tickets are available.

Date: April 14, 2015 23:25

Raddle
syrel
Raddle
Well, I struck out in the Pandora and Zip ode presales plus the general sale. I was going for floor seats in A6 or better. My guess is that none of those seats were released at $395. I notice that StubHub has no seats available in sections A3 - A6. It looks like they have all been allocated to the promoter's Platinum and VIP packages.

I know I should lie in wait for the hope some of these seats are released for sale. Is there any other strategy than checking the Padres' ticket site every hour?

Stubhub has about 80 tickets available in A3-A6. Affordable tickets, on the other hand...

syrel

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong. When I check A2 - A6 at StubHub, no tickets are available.

Are you looking at Parking by any chance?

Use this link.

[www.stubhub.com]

Posted by: Raddle ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:35

Thanks, superpenguin. I was using a price filter. When I raised the upper price limit to near infinity, a few seats came up.

I guess I need to set my sights lower.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 00:17 by Raddle.

Date: April 14, 2015 23:39

Raddle
Thanks, superpenguin. I was using a price filter. hen I raised the upper price limit to near infinity, a few seats came up.

I guess I need to set my sights lower.

LOL! I did the same thing for super bowl tickets, I set the max price at like $4k and just refreshed the page to see if anything showed up. (Nothing ever did)

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 15, 2015 00:24

Hairball
superpenguin

[www.rollingstones.com]

Even with a magnifying glass, these 51 year old eyes are having trouble...eye rolling smiley... any help please?

I think A4 and Ai (I am in A5) are 40 rows deep and 16 across according to these 51 year old eyes!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 00:45 by Woz.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 15, 2015 01:01

superpenguin
JayBee
sarahunwin
Anyone know how to track down a seating plan for San Diego with the sections up front marked? I also need to know how the seats are numbered

Go to the travel package page. The diagram on that page has numbers on them showing how deep the rows are on the field and seating numbers. (Really small type.)

Tx JayBee

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2015 01:24

Woz
Hairball
superpenguin

[www.rollingstones.com]

I think A4 and Ai (I am in A5) are 40 rows deep and 16 across according to these 51 year old eyes!

Thanks - I used the little enlarging icon AND a magnifying glass (and I even wear glasses - mild prescription - haha), and still couldn't bring it into focus!

Guess I need a new set of eyes... cool smiley ...cheers to being 51 years old! thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 15, 2015 01:33

Cheers!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 15, 2015 01:56

Not the greatest map, but I deciphered:

A1 = 27 rows

A2 = 35 rows

A3, A4, A5, A6 = 30 rows

A7 = 35 rows

A8 = 27 rows

Seat numbers seem to start at 1 dead center, and go up, for A3 to A6; then start at 32, and go down, for A1, A2, A7, & A8

Weird configuration. I wouldn't count on the seat numbers being etched in stone(s).

Posted by: jrg ()
Date: April 15, 2015 02:21

Petco Park is in a prime area of San Diego. Waking distance to the ocean, restaurants, clubs, taverns, bar & gills, Hotels etc.

Perhaps this is one reason why the tour manager chose Petco park instead of Qualcomm Stadium which holds over 70k and home of NFL's San Diego Chargers. Nothing really within walking distance from Qualcomm stadium.
We're very fortunate here in San Diego by getting a Rolling Stones concert in a Baseball Park, located in a prime location, versus a football stadium like most other shows.

Petco Park sold out quickly. San Diego Padres baseball team wont be back at Petco until May 28th. Perfect scenario to add a second RS show.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 15, 2015 02:30

KevinP1980
Note from Ismena today regarding the Start Me Up VIP package. Not much yet.

"They are still working on the orders. I will let you know when they are processed. Thank you."- Ismena

Glad you're getting a response anyway.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 15, 2015 02:35

mosthigh
Not the greatest map, but I deciphered:

A1 = 27 rows

A2 = 35 rows

A3, A4, A5, A6 = 30 rows

A7 = 35 rows

A8 = 27 rows

Seat numbers seem to start at 1 dead center, and go up, for A3 to A6; then start at 32, and go down, for A1, A2, A7, & A8

Weird configuration. I wouldn't count on the seat numbers being etched in stone(s).

Seating chart shows A3-A6 = 30 rows.
But I found A3 Row32 on stubhub.confused smiley

Date: April 15, 2015 02:56

expanded

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 15, 2015 03:09

sarahunwin
superpenguin
JayBee
sarahunwin

Tx JayBee

You're welcome! Maybe see you on the field! :-)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 15, 2015 03:34

That map can't be 100% Correct because I just pulled two tickets in Section A4 , row 1, seats 15 and 16. Can't get much better seats than that! Only $9081.

peace

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:06

Naturalust
That map can't be 100% Correct because I just pulled two tickets in Section A4 , row 1, seats 15 and 16. Can't get much better seats than that! Only $9081.

peace

That's a bargain!

Posted by: QDOGGY ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:59

Here's a great website with alot of info on the seats, venues, tours, etc... to use anytime, anywhere. This will give the people sitting in the stands a view from your seat and an idea of the location. Enjoy the show and we'll see you there!! seat views for Petco Park, San Diego, CA.

Date: April 15, 2015 07:01

Naturalust

peace

LOL.
If it was 150 minutes show, only $60 per minute.

Posted by: AP ()
Date: April 15, 2015 09:20

I'll be in A13, not a great sector of course, but this is what I got during the pre-sale. I'm happy to see the Stones anyway, just few months after I've moved to US.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 15, 2015 12:38

a bigger nut
Naturalust

peace

LOL.
If it was 150 minutes show, only $60 per minute.

Indeed, only $1 per second.... and assuming a generous 20 song show a mere $450 per song. eye popping smiley

peace

Date: April 15, 2015 23:21

Someone posted this picture in another thread, and I thought it was pretty interesting. The San Diego sections look a little bit wider than those here, and look how far off to the side A7 might be:

That's really telling for anyone thinking of getting A7 tickets. Aisle seating is a must & you don't want too low of a row number!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 23:21 by superpenguin.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 16, 2015 03:18

superpenguin
Someone posted this picture in another thread, and I thought it was pretty interesting. The San Diego sections look a little bit wider than those here, and look how far off to the side A7 might be:

That's really telling for anyone thinking of getting A7 tickets. Aisle seating is a must & you don't want too low of a row number!

Thanks for posting that on this thread. I saw it on the other thread & person who posted it said it was from a Japan show. It looks like it was in an arena, not a stadium, right? Or am I not getting that right? If this is a photo of an arena then the sections in this photo would likely be narrower than those in a BASEBALL stadium, right?

I've learned from staring at the map for Petco Park that the shape of the field where the front seating sections are is the widest part of the whole field. I read or heard somewhere recently that a baseball field is wider than a football field, so we should factor that in, as you've pointed out, re. what side sections would really be like.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 03:32 by tauk.

Date: April 16, 2015 03:46

This is Tokyo Dome, baseball stadium. I saw this show.(And going to see Macca next week.)

In Tokyo Dome, each block always have 12 seats width.

So, if Petco A6 was 30 seats width, A7 is almost out of this photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 03:52 by a bigger nut.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:34

I have a photo of Petco San Diego with Paul McCartney concert fall 2014 but do not know how to post it here.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home