Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:20

My husband was trying to buy a single nose bleed seat, and couldn't. Ticket site was hinky, now it looks like it is all sold out. Maybe holding out for day before Lucky Dips might be the way to go. He is bummed. Didn't want to go into the Start Me Up Experience tickets with me and my girl friend. This is exactly why we wanted to get the early VIP package. Am wearing my Stones lanyard tee shirt today, trying to get my Start Me Up mojo going. Hopefully I will hear from them today, will let you all know. Glimmer Twins forever!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()

Btw, I often saw SECTION PCD or PCG.
Where are these??
I can not find on a seating chart.
These were P2 I think.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()

It appears that they are trying to move as much of the $175's right now...moving the bad inventory first

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()

Looks like the San Diego General Sale "sold-out" today in about 30 minutes.
at about 10:30 I could no longer pull up anything.

While many fans got tickets today, many more ticket brokers got them, and will now flood the secondary marketing at huge markups.

Also remember, that the Stones are holding out many floor seats for all these special packages they are trying to sell. If they don't sell them all, they'll be released as individual tickets at the regular prices. I would expect that to happen in the next 2 weeks.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:21

If there were any fairness in the world, I'd have pulled A5, row 1 against the catwalk...like at the Wiltern & Ahoy. Poor me...

Date: April 13, 2015 21:22

I'd vote for Donald Trump if he could score me the ticket I want.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:25

My finger is getting tired...

Date: April 13, 2015 21:29

I'm literally pulling the same seats over and over again...this is not a sellout.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:32

I'm not pulling any at any time.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:33

I keep pulling FV107 and some other bad seats in Section 200

I did pull A10-- but it looked like it was the last row on the field and threw it back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 21:35 by StonesSoCal.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:34

a bigger nut
Where are these??
These were P2 I think.

They are in front of the Premier Club, if you look at Petco Park you will see lettered sections in the mid red level behind home plate, those are the PC seats.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:34

I find it strange that some can pull tickets again & again...and others cannot. Some can pull a few times and others not at all.

Some IP address limitation based on location? At this point, it can't be speed.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:35

I'm going back and forth between Explorer and Chrome and literally pulling the same seats over and over again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 21:37 by StonesSoCal.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:41

2014Slayer
a bigger nut
Where are these??
These were P2 I think.

They are in front of the Premier Club, if you look at Petco Park you will see lettered sections in the mid red level behind home plate, those are the PC seats.

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:43

Gfmsoccer

While many fans got tickets today, many more ticket brokers got them, and will now flood the secondary marketing at huge markups.

Also remember, that the Stones are holding out many floor seats for all these special packages they are trying to sell. If they don't sell them all, they'll be released as individual tickets at the regular prices. I would expect that to happen in the next 2 weeks.

I would have an easier time believing this, but you can't pull any tickets if you try platinum either. I'm thinking poor website and/or backend design

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:51

They are not sold out but are definitely pushing the $175 seats.

Pulled up FV108 and FV107 multiple times - no thanks

clicking Platinum I pulled up 2 in row 6 in A6, seats 1 and 2 for $2300 a ticket. Great seats! Almost went for it until the Maui beach house started calling my name...cool smiley

peace

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:55

superpenguin
Gfmsoccer

I would have an easier time believing this, but you can't pull any tickets if you try platinum either. I'm thinking poor website and/or backend design

You can get Field A6, row 23 right now if you buy a travel package. they hold out 100's of seats on the floor for these special deals, as well as contests, celebrities, politicians, crew families, record companies, etc. When they see how many are left over, then they release them to public sale at the regular ticket prices. Expect that to happen over the next 3 weeks.

For an average stadium concert, the promoter holds out about 10% of the total tickets for these various reasons. They can always sell them later as Lucky Dips, if they need to unload them and fill empty sections.

Date: April 13, 2015 22:02

I'd do the travel package for $700 (figure $500 ticket & $200 hotel...the rest is garbage to me)...but $1,100 each...too rich for my blood (and I'm only 1).

Date: April 13, 2015 22:02

Re: Start Me Up Experience!

I just spoke a very nice person in Events at Petco and she said they were starting to process the tickets today, they had a list of available seats to assign us now, we will all be in the P1 area (the blue seats), the person who was your contact to buy the tickets will be the person to contact you back about getting your tickets. Sounds like we may be able to go by will call, she said they will probably have a dedicated will call window for the Stones. We will be admitted at the time the gates are open at 6 pm for the reception (bummer). I asked her if there was going to be a separate entrance for us VIPs, and there didn't seem to be.

So after being at the Padres home opener last week, I have to tell you the lines were horrible! It took half an hour to go through security. All the major league ballparks now have metal detector screening we will have to go through. So plan on going very early and getting in line.

Date: April 13, 2015 22:04

No separate entrance? What a disgrace...you'll have to be near the unwashed masses...the horror!

Date: April 13, 2015 22:05

Gfmsoccer
superpenguin
Gfmsoccer

You can get Field A6, row 23 right now if you buy a travel package. they hold out 100's of seats on the floor for these special deals, as well as contests, celebrities, politicians, crew families, record companies, etc. When they see how many are left over, then they release them to public sale at the regular ticket prices. Expect that to happen over the next 3 weeks.

For an average stadium concert, the promoter holds out about 10% of the total tickets for these various reasons. They can always sell them later as Lucky Dips, if they need to unload them and fill empty sections.

Oddly, the hotel included in the travel pkg is where I was thinking of staying.

It's $300/night to stay there, and $2199 for the travel package which means they are selling the two tickets for $950 each. Compare that to the sapphire package which is what...$1300? It's not as bad as it sounds.

Date: April 13, 2015 22:06

Naturalust
They are not sold out but are definitely pushing the $175 seats.

Pulled up FV108 and FV107 multiple times - no thanks

clicking Platinum I pulled up 2 in row 6 in A6, seats 1 and 2 for $2300 a ticket. Great seats! Almost went for it until the Maui beach house started calling my name...cool smiley

peace

Glad you said that...looks like they are only selling platinum in qty of 2+ sad smiley

Date: April 13, 2015 22:06

Can sound great...and I still won't pay that much.

Date: April 13, 2015 22:08

Wait...does the travel package have a separate entrance? THEN it might be worth it...or at least a private elevator. Maybe I can stay in a bubble in North County so I won't even have to be near all the people at the concert & can instead watch on a private feed.

Date: April 13, 2015 22:10

sdstonesguy
Wait...does the travel package have a separate entrance? THEN it might be worth it...or at least a private elevator. Maybe I can stay in a bubble in North County so I won't even have to be near all the people at the concert & can instead watch on a private feed.

No - the Grand Hyatt is about a 15 minute walk from Petco.

The Omni, which does have a private entrance, has no vacancy for the 24th sad smiley

Date: April 13, 2015 22:13

sdstonesguy
No separate entrance? What a disgrace...you'll have to be near the unwashed masses...the horror!

Oh well, we are all on the same team, right? So it will all be fun, I was just hoping we would be in early get all of our tee shirts/programs early, etc. and be at the reception at the time when the unwashed masses came in heheh.

Date: April 13, 2015 22:16

Frankly, I always thought people lining up for a seated event had a screw loose...unless they were up front & wanted to hang on the rail to guard the spot. Perhaps some people like to wait in line...like EMI.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:28

Some people don't feel they get their money's worth unless they're first in when gates open and last out when they close.

Posted by: keepmehappy ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:33

TE
keepmehappy
BTW I'm new here, thanks for adding me! I'm a native San Diego girl. Still can't believe the Stones are opening in my home town!

Hey, welcome. See you there!

TE
Oslo

Thanks for the warm welcome, which is cheering me up after the general ticket sale. Nothing but obstructed view, then passed up some pretty good seats because I couldn't figure out where they were. Grr.

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:35

2014Slayer
Re: Start Me Up Experience!

I just spoke a very nice person in Events at Petco and she said they were starting to process the tickets today, they had a list of available seats to assign us now, we will all be in the P1 area (the blue seats), the person who was your contact to buy the tickets will be the person to contact you back about getting your tickets. Sounds like we may be able to go by will call, she said they will probably have a dedicated will call window for the Stones. We will be admitted at the time the gates are open at 6 pm for the reception (bummer). I asked her if there was going to be a separate entrance for us VIPs, and there didn't seem to be.

So after being at the Padres home opener last week, I have to tell you the lines were horrible! It took half an hour to go through security. All the major league ballparks now have metal detector screening we will have to go through. So plan on going very early and getting in line.

Great news! Thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home