Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: April 12, 2015 07:10

eyesoftheworld

I sell tickets for face or "miracle" people for free as well.

It feels so good smiling smiley

If you (or anyone) has one extra ticket at face value in sections A2-A7, I'd be thrilled to join you. My email address says it all: MakeAGrownManCry@gmail.com

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 12, 2015 11:40

kate2
VIP Start Me Up.. I called late Friday and long story short...they are not going to process our tixs until late nxt week or the week after...they have many, many they sold. i had a rude person, as I did not want Isemena again...after nagging her. I found out our info has been sent to the Events depart...They might be in today...Someone brave should call there...I bought good seats, on stub hub, in a close field section because, they are selling more VIP packages with rooms etc and I am afraid of getting P2 or the rear of P1..i think i will try and cancel my start me up. I feel better having decent seats in my hand. Another prob with the VIP, is that the tixs are not avail to print and I do not want them mailed on May 17. Someone is supposed to email us after they process our order...UMMM So the depart we bought them from, is not who to call...call the events depart. and pls post..thank you

If you don't want it and want to cancel the charge wouldn't it be better to call your credit card company?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 12, 2015 16:00

Six weeks from today!!!!!!!! Got the ticket!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 18:53

steffialicia

Your ticket came in the mail? Or you printed yours?

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 19:40

steffialicia

What did you get? Start Me Up ticket?

Posted by: Wondering ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:39

Where can you find petco park tickets for the stones? Ticketmaster only shows the other cities, not San Diego. I am only familiar with Ticketmaster. Thanks. Wondering

Date: April 12, 2015 21:59

I don't have tickets yet, but can anyone suggest hotels that are closes to Petco Park? Any within 4 blocks? Thank you. Wondering.
Still don't know where to go online for tickets at 10:00am tomorrow, anyone know?

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 12, 2015 22:43

The San Diego Padres are handling all ticket sales.

You can find tickets here:

www.padres.com/rollingstones

There are a ton of very nice hotels right next to Petco Park here in San Diego.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 12, 2015 22:49

God, I wish I could go to San Diego, if only for the excitement of being at the first show of a tour.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 12, 2015 22:54

It should be a good one! There is a tremendous amount of energy here in SD over the show. I'm a Padre season ticket holder and there is a lot of buzz at the games over the upcoming concert.

Plus, the nightlife scene around Petco Park makes any concert a fun event. The Stones, like they did in 2005, take it over the top though!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 00:16

Wondering
I don't have tickets yet, but can anyone suggest hotels that are closes to Petco Park? Any within 4 blocks? Thank you. Wondering.
Still don't know where to go online for tickets at 10:00am tomorrow, anyone know?

Here is a good website for hotels:
[www.sandiego.org]

Date: April 13, 2015 00:23

stones2000
steffialicia

I bought tickets. Gave up on the package. Too nerve wracking for me.

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 00:29

Wondering

The closest hotel is the Omni, which is literally next door to Petco Park. It is so close that it even has its own private entrance to the park for hotel guests.

Also very close are the Bayfront Hilton, the Gaslamp Quarter Hilton, the Gaslamp Quarter Marriott, the Downtown Residence Inn, the Hotel Solamar, and the Hard Rock Hotel (where it is rumored that the Stones may be staying).

Most of the hotels in the downtown area are within walking distance of Petco Park.

Trivia: The blocks in downtown San Diego are smaller than the typical city block. This is because Alonzo Horton (the original developer of the downtown area) realized that corner lots sold for more than lots in the middle of a block, so he made the blocks very small, thus creating more corner lots.

Tourism is the second largest industry in San Diego (the largest being the military) so finding a room should not be a problem providing you don't wait until the last minute. San Diego has hosted two Super Bowls and hosts Comic-Con (150,000 people) every summer.

As others have mentioned, tickets can be purchased at:

[sandiego.padres.mlb.com]

There is an all-out media blitz going on regarding the show. There are frequent TV and radio spots, and there is a full page ad in today's UT San Diego (the local newspaper).

Date: April 13, 2015 01:09

Thanks for the hotel info. Loved the trivia. Wondering

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:04

steffialicia
stones2000
steffialicia

What did you end up going with? Where are they located? I'm going to give public on sale a run and hold faith on the Start Me Up package. I think it will be worth it

Date: April 13, 2015 02:14

KevinP1980
steffialicia
stones2000
steffialicia

What did you end up going with? Where are they located? I'm going to give public on sale a run and hold faith on the Start Me Up package. I think it will be worth it

I agree, I think the Start Me Up package will be worth it too. It is encouraging that they stopped selling the tickets, hopefully that means that they have a dedicated block of tickets. It will be great to get an early entrance, maybe we can witness some warm-up action, I think the Premiere Club looks straight out onto the field. For the Paul McCartney concert the VIPers were admitted at 3:30.

Date: April 13, 2015 02:36

2014Slayer
KevinP1980
steffialicia
stones2000
steffialicia

What did you end up going with? Where are they located? I'm going to give public on sale a run and hold faith on the Start Me Up package. I think it will be worth it[/quot

I agree, I think the Start Me Up package will be worth it too. It is encouraging that they stopped selling the tickets, hopefully that means that they have a dedicated block of tickets. It will be great to get an early entrance, maybe we can witness some warm-up action, I think the Premiere Club looks straight out onto the field. For the Paul McCartney concert the VIPers were admitted at 3:30.

I caved and wound up getting tickets via Stub hub. They are field seats but over to the right hand side of the stage. I was stressing too much and feel much better with a ticket in my hands. Please post to let us know how you do and what you wind up with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 02:41 by steffialicia.

Date: April 13, 2015 07:58

It would be fun to get together with fellow San Diego iorr's in town, to share our excitement. Friends and husbands are not as nearly excited as me and my friend are! We are driving our families nuts!

Date: April 13, 2015 08:44

2014Slayer
It would be fun to get together with fellow San Diego iorr's in town, to share our excitement. Friends and husbands are not as nearly excited as me and my friend are! We are driving our families nuts![/quote

That would be great for sure. Perhaps a person who is familiar with SanDiego, and who is also an IORR person, could suggest a bar/restaurant where we could meet up pre and/or post show!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 08:49 by steffialicia.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:47

I'm getting a little nervous. I don't see any icons to click on to buy tics on the Padres site

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:07

2014Slayer
It would be fun to get together with fellow San Diego iorr's in town, to share our excitement. Friends and husbands are not as nearly excited as me and my friend are! We are driving our families nuts!

There will be plenty of us down there. I would be interested however I will not organize this because I tried to do it before the tour opener at Staples in 2013 and we had a total of 4 people show up......but since Rockman was there, it didn't matter if it was 4 or 400. Rockman, boynamedsue69, stonesrule and myself had a blastsmileys with beer

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:09

I guess I don't understand why one would buy tickets on StubHub before the public onsale.....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:12

dennisdster
I guess I don't understand why one would buy tickets on StubHub before the public onsale.....

...panic.....

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:17

dennisdster

Some people are having trouble finding the primary ticketing site.

I've listed tickets on StubHub for face PLUS their 25% fees and still sold them even though the show isn't sold out.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:36

dennisdster
Some fans are flying in and cannot wait for VIP confirmation. Also, some are working today and cannot be on a computer at 10am...I would like to choose my seat and that is the advantage of resale markets.

Date: April 13, 2015 19:10

Anyone know what the Platinum category is that just appeared alongside GEneral Public on the Padres website?

Date: April 13, 2015 19:25

Apparently they are just "more expensive" and "better" seats!

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:25

sarahunwin
Anyone know what the Platinum category is that just appeared alongside GEneral Public on the Padres website?

Platinum tickets are for those who want the very best seats and don't mind paying an arm and a leg to get them. During the presale typical pricing was $2000 - $4500 each for floor seats in the first few rows. I guess they decided to give the scalpers some competition.

Posted by: keepmehappy ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:27

So there's a "Platinum" button next to "General Public". Who qualifies for platinum? What does it mean?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:29

keepmehappy
So there's a "Platinum" button next to "General Public". Who qualifies for platinum? What does it mean?

Anybody can buy these seats. They are VIP packages, as far as I know.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home