Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:24

I've been hunting hard for a semi decent single. I saw exactly 1 $396 ticket this morning, deep in A12. Pass.

All the $175s have been back in lower level, a few in second level. Pass.

Try again Monday.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:27

I saw A2, A9, A10, A11 but no A3-A7.thumbs down

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:31

Well, StubHub now shows 4177 tickets available for Petco. Given even a generous estimate of the number of available presale tickets available, lets say 20% of the house, it appears that at least 50% of all tickets sold thus far are on the secondary market.

I think that those that are very patient will find some amazing deals a week or so before the show!

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:32

Just got A12 in the aisle. YES!

Date: April 10, 2015 20:33

a bigger nut
I saw A2, A9, A10, A11 but no A3-A7.thumbs down

I'm going to try for A4-A6 on Monday, but at least now if I don't find anything I'll still have a pretty damn good seat smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:35

I saw single $175's in SEC A8 row 5, and SEC A9 row 12.
Passed on both, content with SEC 120 bought yesterday, couldn't justify spending another $175.
Now shut out of system - haha f*ck 'em.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:38

If I'm going to pay top dollar (and in Canadian funds too - Ouch!), I will only accept A3 - A6.

You never know how the seat numbers can arrange themselves. Sometimes 1 is dead centre, other times its 25 or 30.

When I saw McCartney in Seattle in 2013, the Ticketmaster map showed my seat as being 3 in from the right center aisle, but when I got there, it was actually 3 in from the left aisle farther over. So I felt mildly burned.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:44

A waste. I'm now holding for customer service. Expect to be disconnected soon.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:54

mosthigh
If I'm going to pay top dollar (and in Canadian funds too - Ouch!), I will only accept A3 - A6.

Me too.

Now I go to sleep.
Start at Tokyo time 2:00am, 3 straight nights....sad smileysad smileysad smiley

Posted by: Kellie40 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:35

STICKY got me some restricted views, 2nd deck, 118 & 120. Threw those all back.....and kept trying. Finally got A7, Row 15.

Happy with that!! Was surprised I was able to pull that. First A section I pulled over the last 3 pre-sales!!

Date: April 10, 2015 21:57

Kellie40
STICKY got me some restricted views, 2nd deck, 118 & 120. Threw those all back.....and kept trying. Finally got A7, Row 15.

Happy with that!! Was surprised I was able to pull that. First A section I pulled over the last 3 pre-sales!!

Dang - nice find!!

Posted by: Kellie40 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:05

superpenguin
Kellie40

Dang - nice find!!

I know, got lucky! I keep reading my confirmation email to make sure it says A7. smiling smiley

I'm from over on Shidoobee (RubyKel), and we are planning to all meet up beforehand. I can post info here when we decide. Would love to meet some of you all! I used to be RubyKel here....but forgot my passcode, and the email associated with it is long gone!

Good luck to all!!

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:09

Does anyone know how the seats are numbered in the field sections at Petco?

Posted by: bkrancho ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:12

I bought SEC 121 row 16 yesterday during the Pandora sale, which went fairly well. That section starts with row 9...so a pretty good view of stage left and the ramp, I think. Tried today for A7, but it just never popped up. A9 and A13 did come up many times...so many more good $175 floor seats than I thought. LOTS of "obstructed view" unfortunately...

Date: April 10, 2015 22:18

Kellie40
superpenguin
Kellie40

Dang - nice find!!

I know, got lucky! I keep reading my confirmation email to make sure it says A7. smiling smiley

I'm from over on Shidoobee (RubyKel), and we are planning to all meet up beforehand. I can post info here when we decide. Would love to meet some of you all! I used to be RubyKel here....but forgot my passcode, and the email associated with it is long gone!

Good luck to all!!

I'm definitely down for that. I'm staying at the Navy lodge and plan on heading downtown around 2-3pm to grab dinner and meet up with anyone who wants to do so for a drink smiling smiley

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:21

Yes, it looks like today's Public Pre-Sale, sold out in about 45 minutes. Of course it was only a few thousand tickets. They still have 75% of the stadium to sell in the General Sale.

Amazing that they are paying to run ads on San Diego TV to promote ticket sales. I saw 2 commercials last night. It means AEG is worried they wont sell out this show, otherwise you don't pay $1000's to run ads.

They need the show to sell out next week, to announce that, which will drive sales at the later stadiums.

Another indication of this was that today was going to be a private pre-sale for only certain groups, but the Stones released all the passcodes on media yesterday, making public for anyone who wanted.

If they cant sell out the San Diego show over 4 days, then the tour is in trouble. They hate empty seats, and will do whatever to make sure that doesn't happen.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 11, 2015 02:47

I'm not so sure that seeing ads on tv is reason to or a sign of worry for AEG or anyone...

Like all the ads running in the movie theaters (even here in Seattle), the tv ads in every city or area of the country are likely pre-planned promotion.

It's not like everyone involved isn't aware that selling out the stadiums will take work.. I like the ads in theaters and the marketing that's being done so far. (except the little billboard date hick-up).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 02:47 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 11, 2015 08:02

Still no dings on my credit card for the Start Me Up Experience tickets yet. Driving us crazy, I hope these seats are good. We were told they would be processing them this next week, but they have to hand input the name and credit card info. Our friend got 2 seats in the 111 section which looks good, but we really want to be on the floor near the stages. Hope we are rewarded for signing up early. Anyone else had their credit card dinged yet?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 11, 2015 09:20

drbryant
Gfmsoccer
Dan
likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

as I've mentioned before, all the Pre-Sales are only about 10 - 20% of the tickets. It's a sampling of all sections. So obviously sells out fast. They hold back about 10% of the tickets for special promos, and then sell about 75% of the seats in the General Sale. It's a common formula.

The Pre-Sales are dominated by us crazies who'll pay any price, and all the ticket brokers, who immediately post those tickets on websites at huge markups.

If you wait until the General Sale, you'll be fine. Open a few browser windows at 10am and one will open up with ticket options at regular price. My friend always buys 2 sets of tickets, and resells the 2nd set at a huge markup, which pays for the first set. He sees the Stones for free!

Your friend is a scalper scumbag.

If people will pay it, I don't see what the problem is. This also has much potential to backfire.

That's funny. He's actually Doctor Scumbag! A good supply & demand capitalist. He made the effort to buy the tickets that others didn't. So he has a right to sell them for whatever he can get. Nobody has to pay crazy prices. You can make the effort to get face value, like we all did, or you can wait to show day, and buy surplus tickets that get marked down at the last minute.

Remember the old days when you couldn't get any tickets to a "sold-out" show, and then you saw empty seats on the local news that night? This is much better.

He's probably exaggerating a bit. If he is like most of the individuals who try to scalp tickets, he probably has a pretty hard time "going free", and he's probably lost money many times - ask him. But like folks who invest in stocks, they tend to talk about the times they have done well. I've been to 500-600 live shows all over the world - from experience there are simply too many seats at Stones stadium shows and too many people selling to make double on any Stones show unless either you like cheap seats or (and this is a huge "unless") you manage to get within the first 10 rows from the stage. Simple math = a decent ticket is $400. To "go free" you need get $800 from the ticket, but with markups and fees you need to find a buyer willing to pay 130% more than what you paid, so you would have to sell your $400 ticket for $1050. That's very difficult (again unless you happen to get within the first 10 rows or so without paying "premium" prices to begin with).

There is the occasional "hot show" where demand for tickets simply outstrips supply, but those are arena shows (Las Vegas in 2006, the second O2 show in 2012 come to mind). I've never seen that happen with stadiums. The stones' face price is too high and there are too many people with the same idea. Check Stubhub for any Stones Show - there are probably already thousands of tickets available even though the general onsale has not yet started.

Still think that Scumbag is a W*nker.
My 3 best moments... Had an extra one for opening night Boston 2005, 2nd row Ronnie. Sold it at cost. Waldbuhne, sold two at cost in the pit. You know what those two shows went for... And LOL, gave away a ticket to a fan in Dublin at the end of the ABB. Stupid or just that fan to fan feeling? Felt so good!!!

Got that extra ticket? Make a fan happy and sell it here tru the ticket page.
Some might afford to go then. After being unlucky with the ticket lottery.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 11, 2015 11:02

You rock TE! Wish there were more like you around.

peace

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 11, 2015 12:03

Naturalust

peace

I second that! TE= true blue fan/person smiling smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 11, 2015 15:17

2014Slayer
Still no dings on my credit card for the Start Me Up Experience tickets yet. Driving us crazy, I hope these seats are good. We were told they would be processing them this next week, but they have to hand input the name and credit card info. Our friend got 2 seats in the 111 section which looks good, but we really want to be on the floor near the stages. Hope we are rewarded for signing up early. Anyone else had their credit card dinged yet?

Not dinged yet.

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 11, 2015 17:02

steffialicia
2014Slayer

Not dinged yet.

Same here, just checked at 7AM PST.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 11, 2015 20:40

TE
drbryant
Gfmsoccer
Dan
likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

as I've mentioned before, all the Pre-Sales are only about 10 - 20% of the tickets. It's a sampling of all sections. So obviously sells out fast. They hold back about 10% of the tickets for special promos, and then sell about 75% of the seats in the General Sale. It's a common formula.

The Pre-Sales are dominated by us crazies who'll pay any price, and all the ticket brokers, who immediately post those tickets on websites at huge markups.

If you wait until the General Sale, you'll be fine. Open a few browser windows at 10am and one will open up with ticket options at regular price. My friend always buys 2 sets of tickets, and resells the 2nd set at a huge markup, which pays for the first set. He sees the Stones for free!

Your friend is a scalper scumbag.

If people will pay it, I don't see what the problem is. This also has much potential to backfire.

That's funny. He's actually Doctor Scumbag! A good supply & demand capitalist. He made the effort to buy the tickets that others didn't. So he has a right to sell them for whatever he can get. Nobody has to pay crazy prices. You can make the effort to get face value, like we all did, or you can wait to show day, and buy surplus tickets that get marked down at the last minute.

Remember the old days when you couldn't get any tickets to a "sold-out" show, and then you saw empty seats on the local news that night? This is much better.

He's probably exaggerating a bit. If he is like most of the individuals who try to scalp tickets, he probably has a pretty hard time "going free", and he's probably lost money many times - ask him. But like folks who invest in stocks, they tend to talk about the times they have done well. I've been to 500-600 live shows all over the world - from experience there are simply too many seats at Stones stadium shows and too many people selling to make double on any Stones show unless either you like cheap seats or (and this is a huge "unless") you manage to get within the first 10 rows from the stage. Simple math = a decent ticket is $400. To "go free" you need get $800 from the ticket, but with markups and fees you need to find a buyer willing to pay 130% more than what you paid, so you would have to sell your $400 ticket for $1050. That's very difficult (again unless you happen to get within the first 10 rows or so without paying "premium" prices to begin with).

There is the occasional "hot show" where demand for tickets simply outstrips supply, but those are arena shows (Las Vegas in 2006, the second O2 show in 2012 come to mind). I've never seen that happen with stadiums. The stones' face price is too high and there are too many people with the same idea. Check Stubhub for any Stones Show - there are probably already thousands of tickets available even though the general onsale has not yet started.

Still think that Scumbag is a W*nker.
My 3 best moments... Had an extra one for opening night Boston 2005, 2nd row Ronnie. Sold it at cost. Waldbuhne, sold two at cost in the pit. You know what those two shows went for... And LOL, gave away a ticket to a fan in Dublin at the end of the ABB. Stupid or just that fan to fan feeling? Felt so good!!!

Got that extra ticket? Make a fan happy and sell it here tru the ticket page.
Some might afford to go then. After being unlucky with the ticket lottery.

TE
Oslo

I'm with you. I sold a tongue pit ticket to Shanghai (not a "VIP package" ticket) to a Forum member for face when I couldn't go, and as luck would have it, when I needed a FOS ticket for Stockholm, she had one and sold it to me for face value.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 23:41 by drbryant.

Date: April 11, 2015 20:58

2014Slayer

Section 111 looks decent to me. Personally I'd rather be in the Stands then way over on the sides of the field in a baseball stadium. The back sections are OK if you're six feet tall. If you're short, then unless you can afford to be in front of the stage or close to the catwalk, you might as well be in the stands. And with a baseball stadium, most seats are about the same distance from the stage - far.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:07

VIP Start Me Up.. I called late Friday and long story short...they are not going to process our tixs until late nxt week or the week after...they have many, many they sold. i had a rude person, as I did not want Isemena again...after nagging her. I found out our info has been sent to the Events depart...They might be in today...Someone brave should call there...I bought good seats, on stub hub, in a close field section because, they are selling more VIP packages with rooms etc and I am afraid of getting P2 or the rear of P1..i think i will try and cancel my start me up. I feel better having decent seats in my hand. Another prob with the VIP, is that the tixs are not avail to print and I do not want them mailed on May 17. Someone is supposed to email us after they process our order...UMMM So the depart we bought them from, is not who to call...call the events depart. and pls post..thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 22:58 by kate2.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 11, 2015 23:21

I just called the events department, and they were closed. Number is 619-795-5025. I just emailed them, will let you know if I get a response.

Date: April 11, 2015 23:46

kate2
VIP Start Me Up.. I called late Friday and long story short...they are not going to process our tixs until late nxt week or the week after...they have many, many they sold. i had a rude person, as I did not want Isemena again...after nagging her. I found out our info has been sent to the Events depart...They might be in today...Someone brave should call there...I bought good seats, on stub hub, in a close field section because, they are selling more VIP packages with rooms etc and I am afraid of getting P2 or the rear of P1..i think i will try and cancel my start me up. I feel better having decent seats in my hand. Another prob with the VIP, is that the tixs are not avail to print and I do not want them mailed on May 17. Someone is supposed to email us after they process our order...UMMM So the depart we bought them from, is not who to call...call the events depart. and pls post..thank you

If you don't want it and want to cancel the charge wouldn't it be better to call your credit card company?

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 00:31

Petco has not charged us. I did email a cancellation..thank you

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: April 12, 2015 03:55

Naturalust

peace

I second that as well.
I sell tickets for face or "miracle" people for free as well.

It feels so good smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home