Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 63 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:55

Cristiano Radtke
Dreamer

Great post Cristiano!
Journo Of The Year smileys with beer

Thank you, Dreamer! There's a lot of things that I could say about the concert, but I wanted to share my experience in USA on the days before the gig and after that. Sometimes I read everywhere (to be clear, I'm not pointing this to anyone here) there's people whining about the Stones not going to play on their cities and so on.

When they announced this tour, that came in the possibly worst time for me, financially speaking, because I wanted to see them at least one more time, since we can't never know when will be the next time, and I didn't knew if I could afford a trip to USA. When the Fonda rumours started to be more real, I've decided that this was the concert I wanted to see, no matter what. I've made some savings, started to spend less than what I was spending on a lot of things, packed my bag and flew to LA, and I regret nothing. smiling smiley

A heartfelt story is the best story.
It's so great to read you really wanted to do this and decided to go for it by spending less and making savings. Heartbreaking!
I guess you had it coming! drinking smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:59

Awesome report of an awesome experience Cristiano! It's clear that a dream came true there smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:08

Nikkei
Awesome report of an awesome experience Cristiano! It's clear that a dream came true there smileys with beer

That's exactly what happened, and that is why I cried like a baby when I get my ticket. A whole life as a Stones fan has passed through my mind, and I couldn't help to feel that way. Once again, thank you guys! smiling smiley

Date: May 30, 2015 12:24

Cristiano Radtke
Nikkei

That's exactly what happened, and that is why I cried like a baby when I get my ticket. A whole life as a Stones fan has passed through my mind, and I couldn't help to feel that way. Once again, thank you guys! smiling smiley

Well...you made a grown man cry! And now you have to put your story as a report on the tour page because it's a fantastic read Cristiano. Because of your personal circumstances and the little details you noticed during the gig (like the extension they put on the stage) your story stands out as a very warm and original one.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:59

Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke
Nikkei

Well...you made a grown man cry! And now you have to put your story as a report on the tour page because it's a fantastic read Cristiano. Because of your personal circumstances and the little details you noticed during the gig (like the extension they put on the stage) your story stands out as a very warm and original one.

Cristiano, thank you for sharing your account here! You're such a good writer, I felt like I was right there at different parts of your tale. I'm still so blown away by the fact that Sticky Fingers was actually played in its entirety. So glad for you that you got to be right, there for such a special performance. I'm sure I would have been agape, laughing, dancing squealing, singing the whole time. Glad you know some great fans got in smiling bouncing smiley

- swiss

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:02

Thanks for that lovely heartfelt story and review, Cristiano. Fantastic! I'm so very pleased you got in and had a dream come true. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:10

Cristiano, thank you so much for sharing your amazing, beautifully written story!! You had a goal, took a massive leap of faith into the unknown, and made it happen - kudos to you!thumbs upthumbs up Your presence at the Fonda was well deserved. I don't even know you but I'm happy for you smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:18

Thanks for sharing, great "fell good" story, sometimes you come across unexpected generosity, happened to me too for a Stones show, elevates everyone involved !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 30, 2015 16:33

Thanks a lot for the replies, they are very appreciated. smiling smiley
I don't consider myself a very good writer (especially in english, which is not my mother tongue), but I'm happy that I could give you a report from my adventures in LA. Although I like some in-depth reviews about what was played on any concert, sometimes the backside stories are the best, and I thought that I had a good one about this gig, so that's why I share it here for you.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 07:02

Cristiano Radtke
After a week or so from the now legendary Fonda concert, I think that now I can share some of my experiences with you about what was the most amazing night of my life as a Stones fan.

First of all, like I posted here on another thread, if it wasn't for some hints by BV, Cocaine Eyes, Dreamer and Roller99, I would never have been able to think about going to LA, which I did after the rumours on this gig started to get more serious, and I'm thankful for them posting the infos they had.

I'm not a wealthy person, so I booked a cheap flight from Brazil and rented a cheap hostel in a tough neighborhood in LA (I didn't knew it at that time, but some friends like BluzDude and others from LA told me to take care because I was in a dangerous place), where I arrived Friday at midnight and slept at LAX, since I was not familiar with the bus lines and didn't wanted to spent maybe $100 or more on a taxi fare.

Next morning I was walking and taking buses and metros in LA, trying to find the way to the Fonda Theater (it was my very first time in USA ) and starting to know LA a little better. I've spent a lot of time in Hollywood Boulevard and I was managing a way to get informations about how could I get one ticket. I've been to the rehersals' studio, but it seems there was nothing going on that day. I was one of the fans that were right in front of the Fonda on Tuesday (a day before the concert) when some LA authorities told us to leave. I left but didn't leave that neighborhood - I went to a coffee shop on Hollywood Blvd, where I was contacting some friends from SA telling them my adventures and trying to get any infos from them. Some hours later, I returned to the theater, where there were 6 or 7 people there, and by 9pm I went to the bar right next to the Fonda to drink a beer and try to see what was going on (there was a rumour that the Stones could maybe do a soundcheck that day) without being spoiled by the theatre people or the LA authorities.

On the bar, I noticed there was a side door that was an internal access to the theatre. I asked a girl who works there about it, and she told me that the door was always kept closed, with little exceptions. I asked if I could return on the next day if I couldn't get a ticket and stand right next to it to at least try to listen to the concert. "As long you drink a beer here, no problem". I was about to do that, but in the end there was no need to do it.

After 2 or 3 hours there, I saw Pierre de Beauport leaving the Fonda by the main door, and then I thought that there was nothing more to see, so I left the bar and returned to my hostel, where I came around midnight or so.

On the next morning, the Stones' app sent the message that the tickets would be sold online, so I thought I didn't had to leave the hostel (although I was on my way to find a friend who was going with me to the Fonda, but in the end I couldn't find him and then returned to the hostel) and started to try to get one ticket but I was unlucky, since I only had my cell phone. After some hours, a very good friend of mine, for whom I'm hugely thankful, told me he could get me a ticket for free, and after I picked it up I went to the Fonda and spent the most amazing night of my life.

A lot of people have already posted their impressions about how was the concert, so I think that any of my reports will be a mere repetition of what's already been written, and maybe even better than I could write. There was some little details, though, that caught my attention that night. First of all, the chance to see the Stones on a very close position, where you can see things you don't see on a stadium show. For instance, details on Ronnie and Keith's guitars, Mick's hands, the red socks Charlie was wearing that night and the noise of the guitar picks on the strings and things like that. I know these are things that have nothing to do with the music, but they matter to me, somehow.

About the music, I've read a lot of people talking about You Got to Move being a great song that night, and I agreed with most of them. Keith's playing on this song was absolutely wonderful. I've never heard a guitar sound like the way it sounded that night on this song. But to me, what impressed me more than that were the band's movements on the stage when I Got the Blues was being played, very slowly. The first thing that came on my mind was that famous Love in Vain video from Gimme Shelter, when we see the band in slow motion, but this time they are moving that way right in front of us! Plus, Chuck's solo on this song was amazing, very close to the original one.

The "duel" between Ronnie and Karl Denson (it was the first time I got the chance to see him play live with the Stones, because I couldn't be in Australia last year) on Can't You Hear me Knocking was also nice to see, as well Bernard playing the bongos on this song.

After Brown Sugar, the Stones left and the crew went on and put an extension to the stage, which meant the band would be closer than they were to us. Some minutes later the encore came with Rock me Baby (a very nice and touching tribute to the great late B.B.King), then Jumpin' Jack Flash - one of my favorite songs of all-time, and finally the Fonda becomes a dancing hall with I Can't Turn You Loose, in my opinion one of the best covers the Stones have ever done live, not only on this concert.

My feelings when the concert was over were "I still can't believe on what I've just seen", and by looking at each others faces, this was the common feeling amongst everybody who was there. I've met some IORRians (BV, Matt Lee and latvianinexile, which spent almost the entire concert by my side - such a nice guy), and then I left and returned to the bar, where then was time to talk with my new friends about what we all had experienced.

After all these years being a Stones fan, going to their concerts everywhere I could (not as many as a lot of folks here, but I'm satisfied), time will pass and I will surely say to anyone that it was the most amazing night I've ever had. I've met a lot of nice people and I've been to one of the most exciting concerts this band ever gave us. What else could I want?

My pleasure Cristiano, thanks!

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 1, 2015 07:05

Cristiano,Best post ever!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 1, 2015 07:28

Thanks for the great review, Cristiano, it's wonderful to read an account of a show that's filled with such pure joy. smiling smiley

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:57

Cristiano, thanks for your Review. It was a great pleasure to read.
My eyecatcher was your Story about latvianinexile.
I spent most of my concerts with latvianinexile on my side, he is really a nice guy.

Date: June 1, 2015 16:11

bonddm
Cristiano,Best post ever!

+1

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:01

May 20 / 2015 / Los Angeles / CA
Patti Hansen and Keith Richards attend The Rolling Stones Los Angeles Club Show after party at The Fonda Theatre

Date: June 9, 2015 15:07

Lovely pic, latebloomer! thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:23

DandelionPowderman

Gorgeous! Do you know (or can you ask) who took it, please and thank you kindly?

Date: June 9, 2015 15:36

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

Gorgeous! Do you know (or can you ask) who took it, please and thank you kindly?

It was probably onlystones winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:44

with sssoul

Kevin Mazur's the photographer. It's a tweaked version of this photo with Bruce Willis and wife Emma.

[instagram.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:49

Thanks bye bye johnny!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 19:49

I am still reeling somewhat over this Fonda gig. With it's Sticky Fingers set it is probably one of most interesting and special gigs the Stones have ever done. I don't think anyone who was there wasn't completely blown away by the experience.

I can only hope that while the thought and concept is still fresh that the Stones play another similar show for the East Coast fans. To do so while they are warmed up and truly connecting musically might just provide the apex experience for Stones fans.

With the lack of a real Sticky Fingers feel to this tour, playing another theater show with a similar set list would validate the hype somewhat and recording it would provide a better chance that us many fans who didn't get a chance to attend would be able to see a DVD release.

peace

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 14, 2015 20:35

Aquamarine
Thanks for the great review, Cristiano, it's wonderful to read an account of a show that's filled with such pure joy. smiling smiley

Agree!

Date: June 14, 2015 21:14

Naturalust
I am still reeling somewhat over this Fonda gig. With it's Sticky Fingers set it is probably one of most interesting and special gigs the Stones have ever done. I don't think anyone who was there wasn't completely blown away by the experience.

I can only hope that while the thought and concept is still fresh that the Stones play another similar show for the East Coast fans. To do so while they are warmed up and truly connecting musically might just provide the apex experience for Stones fans.

With the lack of a real Sticky Fingers feel to this tour, playing another theater show with a similar set list would validate the hype somewhat and recording it would provide a better chance that us many fans who didn't get a chance to attend would be able to see a DVD release.

peace

Keep an eye on dates between July 20 & early August for that...
As always: things might change & God willing smoking smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:24

Any news concerning the circulated release of this gig?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:26

Dreamer
Naturalust

peace

Easier to keep my eye on this board than the calendar. Trusting you will help with the info. when it becomes available now that CE is unfortunately no longer with us.

Are there some unwritten rules for discussing these private shows or providing accurate and detailed information about them here? I'm totally confused about that. Thanks.

peace

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 00:42

Naturalust
Dreamer
Naturalust

peace

Easier to keep my eye on this board than the calendar. Trusting you will help with the info. when it becomes available now that CE is unfortunately no longer with us.

Are there some unwritten rules for discussing these private shows or providing accurate and detailed information about them here? I'm totally confused about that. Thanks.

peace

Don't hold your breath.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 15, 2015 01:41

Cristiano, I am just catching up in here, great to read your experience!!!

Wow, your friend got you the ticket, how wonderful. I agree with you that the backstories are
often more interesting than what happens out front!!! I had a number of those in my book.
Yours is so special, really captures details we don't usually hear, such as the slow-motion
movements of the band, uh-huh, along with the spirit of your so very pure and generous heart.

This show is super-exciting, sounds like one of the best of all time! I am happy you were able
to be there, oh, yeah!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 01:43 by angee.

Date: June 15, 2015 02:48

Thanks, angee (as well as to Roller99, bonddm, Aquamarine, hitti and DP)! smiling smiley

Yes, I couldn't believe when I knew that I was in thanks to a very good friend of mine. I went to LA with that goal and fortunately I was able to be there, and it was the best concert of my life. Even if I hadn't attended the show, all the experience of being there and meeting a lot of people and the situations I've been through would be very worth of it.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 15, 2015 05:38

muenke
Any news concerning the circulated release of this gig?
Remember when it was rumored that it would get to the fans quickly? So much for that story. The Hyde Park show was on iTunes less than 10 days later. I am still pissed that very few fans other than movie stars and models got to be there.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 15, 2015 05:37

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 05:47 by donvis.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 63 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home