Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:20

Such a really nice story funky415.
In the right place at the right time has happened to me once or twice...........and what a great feeling when it all comes together.
So pleased for you and Zach for getting in to a gig of a lifetime.

Also been on the other side with a spare free tix for Kylie Minogue at lunchtime gig for 140 fans at BBC studios.
Guy who had travelled hundreds of miles from southern France and outside studios since 4 a.m. got it.

Made my day ,just the smile on his face.

Standing about 2 metres away from Roxy Wilde and her mate, the backing singers.

Here's the best video of the gig so if you don't like Kylie...............look away now. smiling smiley

Date: May 22, 2015 23:39

There is a Stones link here actually.
Ronnie and Kylie are pals.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:40

Difficult to name someone who ISNT Ronnies pal actually.

Date: May 22, 2015 23:53

I'm not..................although said Hello to him once......he said the same thing back.

Date: May 22, 2015 23:56

Well there you have it.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:01

Don't worry kids, there's no Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman for Sticky Fingers, but instead please enjoy Matt Clifford!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 00:01 by 71Tele.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:02

Impressive how he coaxed his way back into the final bow.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:05

Green Lady
roller99
Naturalust
gotdablouse
Good for you and a great read ! Looks like you were quick on the draw, your neighbours must have been stunned but someone had to get that extra ticket.

From the RS review :

The last Stones road trip included a guest spot for former guitarist Mick Taylor. His absence is particularly conspicuous considering the prominent role he played on Sticky Fingers, but the band managed to fully recreate most of those songs without missing a step. The one exception was the seven-minute epic "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." The Stones began with a grinding Richards riff, but then the guitars went soft and funky as the saxman Karl Denson took centerstage for a round of sultry, jazzy honking. Keyboardist Chuck Leavell played a rousing lead and Jagger shook a pair of maracas at the crowd, but guitars were nearly invisible for much of this beloved album cut. Taylor was missed.

Does it mean that Ronnie didn't even try a solo ? Why haven't any of the previous "reviews" mentioned that rather important event ?

Wow. Can't believe RS had the balls to state the obvious and even point out where he could have most helped out here. Good for them. thumbs up

I curious how the slower and rarely played numbers like I Got The Blues and Sister Morphine came out. Obviously no complaints since most reporting here are calling it one of the best shows ever. Did they nail them? Was the crowd response good enough that Mick might actually include them both on the tour set lists?

Also, what songs beside Moonlight Mile did Mick plat guitar on, if any?

Hopefully one of you lucky ones who saw the show can clear up those two questions for me. Much thanks.

peace

Mick played guitar on "Whip", and quite well. I Got The Blues was one of the highlights for me. I would have loved a longer keyboard solo, I love me some B3. The crowd response was overwhelming. I was right in the front row and the band smiled all night. They loved the response from the crowd.

Now that's something I had been wondering about. If the invited crowd had really been 95% uncaring celebs and rent-a-models, they wouldn't have got that kind of reaction. As with Jack Nicholson, being a celebrity insider doesn't mean you can't also be a fan (though a few clearly weren't).

Well done funky415, and well done Zach - who could have held out for whatever the going scalper's rate was.

Good for you Green Lady, you nailed it here. Being a celebrity doesn't mean anything at a Stones show. I posted earlier about turning down tickets from MJ's camp and buying on-line. We saw Jack Nicholson at Staples. Our seats were better. I love that you can buy a ticket that's better than what the band gives out.

At the Fonda, it was nothing but hardcore fans (o.k, there were a few model-looking girls front and center), but the crowd was at least 10 deep, packed in, and moving in unison to the music, up and down. We were surrounded by fans.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:11

Once the magic of The Stone music is playing live in a venue everyone is a fan, I think it is impossible to not be a fan at that point. The music is that good and that magical.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:12

Agree with you mate. smileys with beer

Date: May 23, 2015 00:15

Where does that leave those dimwits that left after 20 minutes?

Date: May 23, 2015 00:21

Nikkei
Where does that leave those dimwits that left after 20 minutes?
I guess the power of addiction (to social media) can sometimes overpower the magic of the music. Some people can not go too long without accessing to their phones, they need that social media fix.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:25

So you say they were so enchanted that they just HAD to post about it?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:33

Is this the fastest ever growing thread in the history of IORR? BV?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:36

Still no crowd vids? That makes it even more exciting. I'm sure someone in the crowd must have recorded it.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:38

cool

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 11:39 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:45

Silver Dagger

Still no crowd vids? [...] I'm sure someone in the crowd must have recorded it.

Maybe .... but if they post it on one of the video portals, we will get the message: "The video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it on copyright grounds." sad smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:55

I only saw a couple of smuggled in cell phones and those people seem to take only some snaps, no video. I'm sure nobody wanted to get thrown out.

Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:27

Leonioid
Once the magic of The Stone music is playing live in a venue everyone is a fan, I think it is impossible to not be a fan at that point. The music is that good and that magical.

I could not agree more, Leonioid.

Date: May 23, 2015 01:31

triunfopark
Leonioid

I could not agree more, Leonioid.
:) Cheers!!

I am very excited that I will feel that live Stones magic soon... YES!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:11

Nikkei
Difficult to name someone who ISNT Ronnies pal actually.

You simply have to love Ronnie. Friends with everyone. The last one on earth to start a war I think.-

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:16

I am still in zombieland following the show on Wednesday, even after the train ride down to San Diego last night. Did anyone mention that Keith left after the final song? Mick and the rest of the band sort of called him back. Keith went down the backstage stairs behind Tim and Karl, I thought may be they would have more encores, I bet Keith thought the same, as "Can't Turn You Loose" is not really BS, JJF or Satisfaction, but he came back and did the final bow. Also, what is Charlie doing there, messing around? I was paying attention to every split second of the show, but the final bow? ... It was a mess for me, may be to others too. I just could not believe it was over.

Bjornulf

Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:33

bv
I am still in zombieland following the show on Wednesday, even after the train ride down to San Diego last night. Did anyone mention that Keith left after the final song? Mick and the rest of the band sort of called him back. Keith went down the backstage stairs behind Tim and Karl, I thought may be they would have more encores, I bet Keith thought the same, as "Can't Turn You Loose" is not really BS, JJF or Satisfaction, but he came back and did the final bow. Also, what is Charlie doing there, messing around? I was paying attention to every split second of the show, but the final bow? ... It was a mess for me, may be to others too. I just could not believe it was over.

We had the same feelings about the final bow, BV. Those around us did, too. And we too have yet to land from that night. We are unfocused, daydreamy and more than happy to ramble on about any part of the experience to anyone with so much as an ear.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:52

We have ears here, triunfopark!

...Enjoying the talk from those there.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:52

rollmops
When was the last time they did a show without Keith singing 2 songs?
It seems like the Fonda theater concert was an amazing show.
Rock and roll,
Mops
The last stadium show that I was at: Scott Stadium in Charlottesville VA during the bigger bang tour. Some bozo called in a bomb threat and the stage was evacuated while security went through the motions of checking out the stadium for a non-existant bomb.
We were in the on-stage boxes and got evacuated to the back stage bleachers. The stones left briefly in their limos. When the all clear was given the show resumed minus keith's numbers.

Posted by: funky415 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 03:33

I noticed the same thing. Almost appeared as if Mick was rushing the final bow because of a venue curfew or something like that...

Date: May 23, 2015 03:43

triunfopark
more than happy to ramble on about any part of the experience to anyone with so much as an ear.

angee
We have ears here, triunfopark!

...Enjoying the talk from those there.
ME TWO !! so that is at least 4... ;)

Anyone who was there, please feel free to type away at any thoughts you have... or and you think or in the future... we are living though you.

Thanks to all of the attendees for their reviews so far... and any coming up.

Have they released this show on DVD or digital download yet?

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 23, 2015 04:09

Micks Talking between songs - Thank You Stonesnews.com

Ladies and gentlemen, on the first night of their American tour, will you please welcome THE ROLLING STONES!
Hey hey hey! How you doing, alright? First song:
1.Start Me Up
Thank you! How you doin’ alright? Nice to see you! This one we do called
2.When The Whip Comes Down
3.All Down The Line
This is our first show, on Sunday we go to San Diego and play for the San Diegans
So tonight we’re doing something we've never done before... we used to make these things that go round & round with cardboard covers...
We're gonna do the whole of STICKY FINGERS! In the order of the 8 track tape... The 1st one we’re gonna do is
4.Sway
5.Dead Flowers
We’re gonna continue the slightly countryish feel, this one we recorded in Muscle Shoals, which I suppose is in the country...
6.Wild Horses
I should’ve warned you there are lots of 60s drug references in the songs. It was quite a groovy scene..I think it’s coming back around here. Here's one of them, it's called

7.Sister Morphine
Yes indeed, that’s a bit of a down song! And there's more to come it was a bit of a down period!
This one is by Mississippi Fred McDowell, with a 12string & Keith's gonna do the 12string tonight
8.You Gotta Move
This one's called
9.Bitch
10.Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Thank you! And thank you, Karl Denson! A bit of jazz, almost jazz there, a rarity!
We’re going to do this one nice and slow…
11.I Got The Blues
How’s it going so far, alright? Blimey, next year we’ll come back and do the whole of Satanic Majesties... This one is called
12.Moonlight Mile
Just one more from that album!
13.Brown Sugar
Thank you so much Los Angeles!
ENCORES
We’re gonna do a bit of a tribute to BB King who was a hero of ours. He was a lovely guy & who was so influential on us
14.Rock Me Baby
How you feelin out there? Are you feelin good? Everybody so oh yeah!
15.Jumpin' Jack Flash
Thank you very much! Wanna hear a bit more? We're gonna do this one fast!
16.Can't Turn You Loose
Thank you very much everybody! Take a bow!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 04:13

Some of the "Aftermath" from the show…..

Anyone here got a KR pick? I'll trade something good for it.

Date: May 23, 2015 04:23

StonesHood
Micks Talking between songs - Thank You Stonesnews.com

Fantastic!!!
I LOVE Mick's wit between songs... he always cracks me up. Blimey!!
I hope this web site does "Mick Quotes" for every show, they are THE BEST!

Nice pick and wrist bands roller...
so they gave the fancy pants plastic wrist bands to celebs and paper ones to everyone else?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1684
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home