Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:39

thanks BV, heck of a post. See you in Columbus!

Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:59

Thank you BV, for all of it.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:59

Don't stop, I appreciate it!

Date: May 22, 2015 04:13

I'm going to agree with you BV. I was at rehearsals at 3rd Encore when nobody was there. I got the info because of a friend who does some work there, and I sometimes rent studios myself. I could have even rented the adjacent studio, but for what? To ruin some band's privacy? I was told posting the location was frowned upon by you so I kept it to myself. As far as fans getting in, I was surrounded by fans. I only got in because I was following YOUR posts. Anyone with some intelligence can do the same. I met you twice yesterday, and could tell you're a nice but private person, so I respected that too. You deserve your privacy, your lifestyle, and everyone's respect for what you do here. You don't need to defend yourself or the band!

Much thanks and respect!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 22, 2015 04:19

excellent post bv. articulate, persuasive and honest.

keep the work!

Posted by: stonesfan7676 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 04:26

peoplewitheyes
excellent post bv. articulate, persuasive and honest.

keep the work!

Agreed. Yes, thank you BV for your hard work and your shared passion for these guys and their music smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 04:47

caschimann
Don´t you all think those "INDUSTRY"-people are real, big Rolling Stones fans
like you??
Isn´t it their right to take the chance of being there, when offered to them?
And: Don´t you think that even when the Stones invite all the people they have a close relationship to in the LA-area it would fill 3 Fonda theaters???
So what?
Lets be happy for those who were in.
And sorry for those who did´nt make it.
And glad that it happened at all.
While I agree with you in theory, my problem with that is that I saw a ton of people leaving after 15 minutes or so. Really sickening after I'd been standing in line 6 hours (to say nothing of people who had done a lot longer stints than me).

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 04:53

strat72
Fair play to The Stones, that's a great setlist. I would pay money to see a show like that! I can't believe that some silly bitches are moaning about it not trending on twitter! Who gives a f***? This is The Rolling Stones, not Miley Cyrus!

My sentiments exactly strat. Don't forget, there's a generation of folks out there now who can't wipe there you-know-what without a phone in their hand...must be kinda messy too!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: May 22, 2015 05:14

Word

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 22, 2015 05:31

Some sound points in your post bv but I have to say, I don't think I can in all conscience line up with this one...

Quote..."Even if the Amtrak traain I am on now is crashing, I can't blame others. Accidends happen"

I think if the train crashes because the driver's drunk or the engineers are lazy and don't fix the track properly and it crashes, (and I survive) they are definitely gonna hear from my lawyers, even if it got blown over by a tornado there would be a question mark about whether they should have left the station with those things flying around.....

If I don't get a ticket, I blame god just like I thanked him/her when I got the last 3 tickets for Bob Dylan in London in 1978 (at less than face value 'cos the guy thought he was going to get stuck with them........grinning smiley

Date: May 22, 2015 05:44

Date: May 22, 2015 05:46

I was told to just take the s out of https and use flickr. What am I doing wrong?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:04

roller99

To see it bigger/zoom in see it on flicker [www.flickr.com]

roller,
flicker is not a great place to link pictures from,
maybe set up a photobucket.com account or use
imgur.com for simple one offs, no account needed.

Once you "get it" posting pictures it is very easy,
but it has to be done exact. You are not the first person
to have issues with this, so dont feel bad. I like to help
people out, especially with pictures... pictures are fun.

To post pictures you have to copy them from your computer to one of the
free internet picture hosting site like [imgur.com] or [tinypic.com] or [photobucket.com]

Once your picture is on the internet you post it here
by placing the image location between two brackets.
[ i m g ] image location [ / i m g ]
do not use spaces between the letters
I have to put the spaces in to make it show up.

You can practice without uploading by finding and using a cool picture on the internet,
1)select the pic,
2)Put your cursor above it
3)right click to "copy image location",
4)paste the image location between the brackets [ i m g ] PICTURE [ / img ]
Do not add the extra spaces. It is a lot easier to do than write.

The official IORR explaination is here [www.iorr.org]
scroll down to the official How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:07

2120Wolf
MisterDDDD
stonehearted
Well, that's a set list that happens but once every 45 years or so.

In that case, I'll take a classic album reissue over a new album any day.

Goat's Head Soup for next reissue anyone?

Yes Please.

That is like banging the same old whore over and over and over......

Ah, there you go again 2120wolf, with another beautiful, sensual graphic statement....NOT.....therefore, here I go again with my little response:

Date: May 22, 2015 06:17

Thanks BV for your posts, Stones dedication and good sensible logic!

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: May 22, 2015 07:09

Thanks bv. IORR is as important to the Stones' fans as the Stones' music at this point!

Date: May 22, 2015 07:23

Thanks for the help!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 22, 2015 07:50

bv
Mick said next year they will come back and do the entire "Satanic Majesties". Hey Mick don't make jokes about that album. You would need to bring back Bill for "In Another land", and I am really looking forward to more versions of "2000 Light Years From Home". Also, Matt Clifford is ready!

I was just thinking they can do it without Bill Wyman traveling. Set up a dedicated digital line for him to phone it in from his home in England. And the Stones put up a shimmering hologram of Bill up on stage lip synching

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:09

Great post BV, so true! I loved the show reviews of the lucky few of you that got in to witness this epic show but I'm also shocked at how far some of you are going with the "sour grapes" posts. Bottom line is the Stones don't owe us fans a thing. So they only gave away 100+ tickets for this show, so what, that's their prerogative. They could have kept the Fonda show closed to invited guests only so be happy for the few real fans that did get in. There are millions of us out there and the Stones can't please every one of us all of the time. I live in greater LA and would have given anything to be at the Fonda Theater last night, was ready to drive to the venue in fact when the online ticket sale was announced and decided to stay at my office and try for tickets first. I was so bummed yesterday when I failed in getting tickets that I didn't even want to read about the show till today but on the other hand I never really expected to get that lucky either.

Yeah, I've gotten burnt a few times myself by cancelled shows, I flew across country to Atlantic City only to find out the show was cancelled, I also flew all the way to Hong Kong when the SARS epidemic broke out and the Stones cancelled the two Hong Kong and two China shows, I had tickets for all of them, but such is life, it's a risk you take. I have also gotten very lucky and got into a number of club shows during the Licks tour, I was front row right in front of Keith at Roseland for example, you win some and you lose some.

Last night was a brilliant show, I really hope that it will be released on DVD soon and I also hope that the Stones will keep at least some of the gems off the Sticky Fingers album in their Zip Code tour setlist. "I Got The Blues" is one of my top five all-time favorite Stones songs that I've never heard live, it would be such an awesome slow song even for a stadium tour!

See you in San Diego on Sunday, I can't wait!!!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 09:16 by Thru and Thru.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:36

Nicely said, Thru & BV!
And Lisa's whoo shakes my tailfeather just fine - here it is again, in fact!

Enjoy the hell out of it, everybody - that's what it's for

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:41

I'm honestly very happy for everybody who got in and had a great time!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:41

Good stuff BV. Keep on keeping on.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:44

Thanks BV for all you do here and on the road. Enjoy the tour...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:57

The video gave me shivers, and Moonlight Mile brought tears to my eyes.

Really really hope for a Europeant tour next year.

What A BAND.

Thanks

jeroen

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:08

shawnriffhard1
caschimann
Don´t you all think those "INDUSTRY"-people are real, big Rolling Stones fans
like you??
Isn´t it their right to take the chance of being there, when offered to them?
And: Don´t you think that even when the Stones invite all the people they have a close relationship to in the LA-area it would fill 3 Fonda theaters???
So what?
Lets be happy for those who were in.
And sorry for those who did´nt make it.
And glad that it happened at all.
While I agree with you in theory, my problem with that is that I saw a ton of people leaving after 15 minutes or so. Really sickening after I'd been standing in line 6 hours (to say nothing of people who had done a lot longer stints than me).

Very few here seems to think that is a problem at all, everyone should just think it's normal because it is Stones. They don't owe anything to anyone and they don't care about their fans, nothing new with that. But still it's not acceptable to treat fans like shit when many models and celebrities are leaving the show before it has ended. Fans feeling something is wrong with that doesn't deserve to be called "awful" people or be told they are "moaning" or "whining". It has nothing to do with that, still it's a fact i can't think of any of the biggest bands in the world treat their hardcore fans like that. And why play such a great setlist in front of a crowd where many don't care at all? It's a joke but it's the Stones i know that. From sunday and on we are back with the normal set with miss you and everything.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:17

JumpinJeppeFlash
Leonioid
JumpinJeppeFlash
Sad, Sad, Sad, people here calling stories and opinions like above "awful" should be ashamed of themselves

ashamed of themselves? wtf? Whose mom is this?

I ask you the same question, who the h**l are you?

If you want to piss on disapointed people here then please go away idiot.

Ahá! True colors shine through... Another mask gone!
What an awful, áwful thin to say to someone.
Where's that highly sensitive, deeply civilised "I don't want to be called awful because i express my opinion" Rennaissance man we've all come to know & love so much, mr. Jeppe?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:28

This has been a great thread, and of course that lovely post by BV on page 55.

Thank you so much to triunfopark,Kingbeebuzz,roller99, Cristiano and Leoninoid and many others for some notable posts, and bbj and others for some great pics and videos.

Roll on Sunday and San Diego.

Will be watching it all happening on IORR over here in Spain. smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:39

RoughJusticeOnYa
JumpinJeppeFlash
Leonioid
JumpinJeppeFlash
Sad, Sad, Sad, people here calling stories and opinions like above "awful" should be ashamed of themselves

ashamed of themselves? wtf? Whose mom is this?

I ask you the same question, who the h**l are you?

If you want to piss on disapointed people here then please go away idiot.

Ahá! True colors shine through... Another mask gone!
What an awful, áwful thin to say to someone.
Where's that highly sensitive, deeply civilised "I don't want to be called awful because i express my opinion" Rennaissance man we've all come to know & love so much, mr. Jeppe?

See comments below, i would never call anyone anything without comments like this:

"ashamed of themselves? wtf? Whose mom is this?"

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:47

Terrific post by BV!!! I'm really impressed by his dedication and hard work on this web site. This reminds me of his account of how he got tickets for the club shows in Paris 2012. [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2015 11:05

That does indeed bring back memories, hehe, looks like it was easier this time around for bv but it is well deserved, no doubt about that. I think we can all understand the frustration of those in line who didn't make it (who saw the twitter announcement for the ticket sale, saw the idiots leaving after 15 minutes, etc...) and to a much lesser extent of those us who got up at 5AM thinking it would be streamed on periscope but there's clearly no one to blame for this, everyone is "doing their job". The Stones play the best music they can, their management invites "people" for the camera crews, their "media girl" drums up interest on the social networks, etc...and we as fans go crazy trying to "get in" on the action wherever it might be.

It's all a big circus and thanks to IORR we have a place to discuss it and stay informed even if that doesn't always open all the doors. Remember how it was pre-1995 when there was no internet ? Certainly wasn't as much fun being a fan !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 11:08 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home