Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:51

gotdablouse
roller99

Wall to wall Stones! Inside the control booth.

Nice, here's a link to the largest version of your pic I found on flickr :

For some reason, even though I'm a computer nerd of epic proportion, I still can't figure out how to post a picture. I guess all my never-before-seen pictures of the Stones from the 65 tour, along with the Beatles will go unseen....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:53

set up a free photobucket account then use that to post....at least thats one way of doing it.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:54

Keep the Beatles. Re-try posting the Stones '65 pics.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:55

roller99
gotdablouse
roller99

Wall to wall Stones! Inside the control booth.

Nice, here's a link to the largest version of your pic I found on flickr :

For some reason, even though I'm a computer nerd of epic proportion, I still can't figure out how to post a picture. I guess all my never-before-seen pictures of the Stones from the 65 tour, along with the Beatles will go unseen....

If you post it in any linkable form people (like me) have been know to fix you up. Did you not notice I did this for you yesterday for your wrist bracelet picture? and also today earlier in this thread before this post? or should I stop?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 00:56 by Leonioid.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:01

Nikkei
Three covers in one show! When has that happened last? Before Sticky Fingers?

Madison Square Garden 17 Jan. 1998:

Little Queenie
I Just Want To Make Love To You
Like A Rolling Stone

In that order, back to back, on the small stage.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:08

JMARKO
Nikkei

Little Queenie
Like A Rolling Stone

Paris Olympia 2003;
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love.
That's How Strong My Love Is.
Going To A Go Go.
The Nearness Of You.
Love Train.
And all available on DVD 'Four Flicks'
Enjoy!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:12

JMARKO
Nikkei

Little Queenie
Like A Rolling Stone

Paradiso May 27 1995

Not Fade Away
It's All Over Now
Still A Fool
Down In The Bottom
Like A Rolling Stone
Can't Get Next To You

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:16

Yeah yeah guys, after I posted that I also remembered there's been stuff like El Mocambo. It's still nice though, innit?

Date: May 22, 2015 01:20

All the Licks club shows were loaded with covers.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:28

DandelionPowderman
All the Licks club shows were loaded with covers.

True indeed. At Vredenberg August 16, 2003 for example, we heard:

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
I Can't Turn You Loose

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:38

yeah all that video gear is impressive but they've recorded tons of shows over the years and never used them....from The Double Door to Echoplex....many were proshot by the band and never released. I truly hope they release this but just because it was taped doesn't mean Mick will give it the green light.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:39

Bits of the show (note the excellent story telling of the video)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 01:40 by kowalski.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 01:56 by mnewman505.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:55

"Three covers in one show! When has that happened last? Before Sticky Fingers?"

Ummmm...like the entire 1981 tour.....Twenty Flight Rock, Going to a Go-Go, Just My Imagination?

The Rolling Stones - Fonda Theatre LA. May 20 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:59

Re: The Rolling Stones - Fonda Theatre LA. May 20 2015
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:02

^^^ that picture shows someone up front holding a camera... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 02:03 by Leonioid.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:10

Leonioid

whoops they missed one

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:16

alieb
Leonioid

whoops they missed one

if only they had been broadcasting from it...

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:21

15 second clip of BS just posted on facebook.... really? They couldn't at least give us a whole song as a teaser? Just one song is all I ask

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:22

alieb
15 second clip of BS just posted on facebook.... really? They couldn't at least give us a whole song as a teaser? Just one song is all I ask

You're killing me !! grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:35

This is to those who believe in conspiracy theories, and also those who do believe I do help some but not others with ticket information, easy access and so on.

Many have asked me for help in getting into Fonda, where they rehearse, what the do and so on. I get may be 100 e-mail every day, from individual fans, active and not active on IORR. Some I know, some could be my best pal, like my brother, others are total strangers to me. If you say it takes one minute to reply to an e-mail, it takes me an average of two hours just to reply to e-mail during Fonda days. But some times it takes 10 minutes to give a proper reply, so that is 1/6 of an hour by 100 that is 17 hours per day. Luckily I am a fast writer so I can do a proper reply in seconds.

IORR is known by the Stones and by industry and also by the people who work for the Stones. They know I can publish info that is intended for real fans. Every tour I get contacted by CBS, BBC, production crews and others who work inside or outside the Stones. The last contact I had this week was with the production crew that made the filming of fans about Sticky Fingers at the Fonda. I was contacted on a short notice, and I made it online immediately. It turned out this was one of the ways to get into the Fonda. Other ways were to meet other fans and find out where to buy online and what to do and so on. I am not important in this game, you the fans are important, so that you talk and respect each others and share information here online. Somebody do always have some information that is not really top secret still interesting to others.

Forget about the celebrities list. There will always be celebrities like presidents, kings, queens, mayors, Jack Nicholson (he is a great fan by the way) and so on. Let them drive their fine cars and sit on their balconies. They bring TV stations and they bring publicity so any band in the industry would love to have those in the crowd. And they don't take up space. There were plenty of fan space at the Fonda, may be not 50,000 seats, but several hundred real tickets for real fans. If you were not lucky, then don't blame anyone. Blame bad luck. Blame you did not go to LA. Blame your dog, blame yourself for not submitting your story. Blame youself because you did not make the Stones aware of the fact that you do deserve the ticket more than Jack Nicholson or even any other celebrity. But please do not blame me or any others on IORR.

There will always be times when a Stones fan needs to know more than others. Then it is better to stay on IORR and read the info there, than to hunt around on your own on Internet, or to ask your dog for the best advice on Stones tickets. It will wag the tail if you have food, regardless of industry contacts. I have been offered more than 1000 dollars for a ticket but I say nothing give nothing, I treat everybody equally and I don't take bribes. Sure a hundred million dollars might make a difference, or permanent staying in five star hotels for the rest of the lifetime the Stones are touring, but that is not my lifestyle.

I never told anyone where the Stones were rehearsing. I never do. I never tell what hotel they stay at, not even to best friends. I do always ask people to go to IORR, that is where I post. That is where a lot of fans are posting. If things are delicate I might post a picture or a hint so that you have to think a bit, I am sure everybody who needed to find Third Encore found out, some times I say you must be in LA four days before the tour start, other times I say you should not book a summer holiday away from home in June if you live in North America. These are all advices you may choose to understand or you may ignore.

Also this is not about me, I am just running this web site. It is about making relevant information available to relevant people - fans. There are so many fans here who help in with posting information on IORR. I am sure I could retire from posting on IORR today and things will go smooth without me. Many thanks to everyone who help out with all the small and big challenges you might have being a Stones fan.

I do understand it hurts to be outside a show where the band you love so much are performing such a great show, may be even in your home town. Also, it hurts when you crash your bike and you go head first in the street. I did that in Auckland, my fingers do still hurt, but really, I blame nobody except for myself. I could blame the shitty bike, the Auckland lack of respect for biking, or the bell on the bike that did not work, or the five Japanese girlks who blocked the biking path, or I could blame Japanese tourists in general. But it was really just me myself to blame. There isn't always somebody else to blame, like your neighbor, the government, NSA, IORR or whatever is around to be blamed. Take personal resposibility. I am on my own a lot, I can only blame myself. Even if the Amtrak traain I am on now is crashing, I can't blame others. Accidends happen. I could have stayed at home.

The Rolling Stones are doing 15 shows this summer. They handed out a taster for a few fans and invited guests in LA last night. I am on the train on my way to San Diego, for the real shows, the real fun, where my pulse can now be normal and I don't have to wake up at strange hours to check out e-mail, messages, queues for tickets and all of that. Enjoy IORR, enjoy the Stones, be happy and don't stay at home.

This band has still a lot more to give. They still sound amazing. Like Ronnie said in the Twitter interview on Monday - one day they might explode!

Bjornulf

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:35

kowalski
Bits of the show (note the excellent story telling of the video)

Lisa's "woooo" during Brown Sugar annoys the hell out of me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 02:37 by JTHanis.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:40

now THAT was one helluva post, BV!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:43

Nice post bv

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:43

Nice, BV. Honestly, very nice. Thank you.

Posted by: gkowalewski ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:00

Nicely said BV..thanks for all your efforts.
Hope to c u Sunday at Petco

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:05

BV, I used to run Ultimate Frisbee tournaments and while you think it would be filled with laid back hippies etc you always had those people that needed more, that wanted more, that felt they were not respected based on their game slots, fields, etc…thus I created the role "Director of Bitterness" and all complaints went to that person and he would essentially tell them to f-off….in a direct yet polite way….the reason for telling you this is that I am happy to be your Director of Bitterness, just set up a Thread and dump all those crazy emails there and I and others will respond to them for ya! Enjoy the Shows!!!!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:08

@BV....... good advice all around and thanks for this website

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:33

You are a delightful rare bird. I'm glad we fly to the same tunes! Thank you for your posts!

Posted by: elmahore ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:34

Would I have loved to have been at the Fonda? Absolutely! But reading BV's posts, seeing the pictures, reading the set lists and reading other reviews got my juices flowing so much. Atlanta can't get here soon enough.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1270
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home