Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:06

Glad for everyone who had the chance to attend this show.
I hope this will get an unbutchered release.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:08

JumpinJeppeFlash
Stoneburst
schwonek
So - are there any videos yet? I couldnt find any. No cameras allowed? Looks like a fantastic set and a fantastic tour to come.
Cheers
schwonek

It was apparently proshot, but no cameras or smartphones were allowed it. Also, this was a one-off setlist. I guess they might retain one or two of the deeper cuts for the stadium shows - hard to say which ones.

They film every show so notning special about that. But according to BV and a few others there were a LOT of cameras and mixing desks in the room so hopefully they will release this show togheter with the Sticky re-release.

BV stated above, he hopes it will be released "next month"! And weeks ago there was a rumour, that a "SF-Gig" will make it on film and audio! Looking forward ....

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:16

Does any one know how to interpret the hand written notes on the set list marked "spare"?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:16

JumpinJeppeFlash
I have the right to my opinion and i have never called anyone "awful" because of that.

Then you really should try that, sometimes... It can be uplifting for all parties involved!

FYI: "awful" is an opinion too... right?!

and P.S.: I was reacting to your 'bed' quote, apparently aiming to dismiss Matthijs' point of view; ànd supporting Matthijs' point at the same time. I have said my piece; and further then that, I have no desire to take this discussion. It's completely uninteresting, plus: I'm at work, right now (well, I'm working... ànd reading the comments on the club show yesterday simultaneously. smoking smiley )

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:23

onlystones
Does any one know how to interpret the hand written notes on the set list marked "spare"?

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 15:11 by The Joker.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:28

Look at the bottom and sides of it (a copy is in this thread). There is other writing like "woody, mick and Keith" that is self explanatory. It is the other markings that I don't understand.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:32

bv
BEST SHOW EVER

I have been on my feet today since 7am in the morning, and I am resting my tired feet and drinking Budweiser now. Trying to write up a short report before I fall to sleep. The short version is this:

BEST SHOW EVER

well that is certainly a significant statement right there.

best three word review ever, too.

I read your later post too, BV... I'm looking forward to some kind of release of this very special show, as you say it was all set up for filming ..

Date: May 21, 2015 14:34

onlystones
It's 4am LA time, I'm back in my room. This is my perspective. I know this is the best I show I have ever seen. Bottom line is that flew to LA. Got a nice hotel room, and then bought a ticket then partied before and after the show with my own money. No favors from anyone, which is the only way I travel to Stones shows. I am just a fan. I have been to many shows. A count or a list of them is not needed. If you want more details, ask on this forum and I'll tell you whether or not I will answer them. They are now only war stories. I am truly only about the Stones music and performances..

Onlystones,
Man I was rooting for you since your very first post last night! What an incredible time! And couldn't wait till morning to see how it went.
4am... wow very envious...
I've got 15 shows since 1989 and every one a great time and story. I'll be in Raleigh myself in July, full circle back at the very first place I saw them.
See ya at the party...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:35 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:36

[Twitter.com]

Did they have a guest on stage? Cause "Guest" is written on the lower left side of that setlist

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:37

I am glad for the IORRers who were able to see the show. Thanks BV for your everlasting enthousiasm; it is infectious, I can tell you that my friend. I wish I were there too!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: May 21, 2015 14:38

Michael Spare was one of the handlers of the instruments during the set.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:42

I am really worn out. It was worth everything I put into it. I can and will do it again and again. Thanks for your kind words. Are you referring to a tailgate party in Raleigh that is mentioned on another site. If not where is your party in NC. I rarely if ever do this, but based on my wardrobe choice that I have put together for upcoming shows, I will be wearing a ty-dye Stones shirt with gray shorts and slides. (I told you that I am into this shit)

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:47

Sounds like it was a very special time !
I'm sure the ones present there enjoyed every drop.
I'm glad BV made it, he deserves !
thanks for all comments.

In the set list I read
1 Guest 2 Woody 3 Mick 4 Keith 5 back(ing vocals) 6 ?

did some guest appear on stage ?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:57

We must hope that the Stones do the right thing and release this historic show on CD and DVD.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:00

I thought it said Guest. Was one planned?

sc uk

onlystones
I am really worn out. It was worth everything I put into it. I can and will do it again and again. Thanks for your kind words. Are you referring to a tailgate party in Raleigh that is mentioned on another site. If not where is your party in NC. I rarely if ever do this, but based on my wardrobe choice that I have put together for upcoming shows, I will be wearing a ty-dye Stones shirt with gray shorts and slides. (I told you that I am into this shit)

Actually, I do not know of the tailgate you mentioned. Something to look into.
As I don't have a party per se... there's always one around and NC fans are very friendly. Taking my lovely wife of 1 year with me. We intend to have a epic night. (btw if you have not been to Carter Finley, the traffic is insane)

Amen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:10

firebird

Did they have a guest on stage? Cause "Guest" is written on the lower left side of that setlist

Matt Clifford, Lisa Fischer, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Karl Denson, Tim Ries - they are all Guest (musicians) .... winking smiley

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:12

UndercoverLovingcup
Michael Spare was one of the handlers of the instruments during the set.

Ha ha I edited my post, you saved my ass

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:13

You can hear some SMU in the back

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:13

There seems to be a cellphone in the lower left corner smoking smiley

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:15

DandelionPowderman
onlystones
It's 4am LA time, I'm back in my room. This is my perspective. I know this is the best I show I have ever seen. Bottom line is that flew to LA. Got a nice hotel room, and then bought a ticket then partied before and after the show with my own money. No favors from anyone, which is the only way I travel to Stones shows. I am just a fan. I have been to many shows. A count or a list of them is not needed. If you want more details, ask on this forum and I'll tell you whether or not I will answer them. They are now only war stories. I am truly only about the Stones music and performances.

As for the performance, they are better than ever. I think it is because the whole total unit works better than ever. Bitch (L and G/STP) was my favorite performance until now. I know there was no Bobby or MT but it rolled hard. Moonlight Mile was truly moving. I did have a tear in my eye. Sister morphine is too personal to comment on for me. I just stood there in awe. I could go blow by blow on the rest of the set, but let me make it easy...OUTSTANDING!!!

My next show, as of now, is Atlanta, LD's with my aunt (followed by ORL,Nashville and Raleigh). Gold Rings on you all.

I will stay on for awhile if anyone cares to give their perspective.

How did You Gotta Move go down? Did Keith sing back up vocals on it?

I'm very curious about You Gotta Move too. I guess it was more like the Sticky Fingers version than the way it was played in 75/76, or what?

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:19

Mathijs
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

You people are awful. The Stones owe you nothing, they can do whatever they like. They can hold a private party for their freinds and associates as a warm up whenever they like it. Be glad they invited some 100 fans to join in.

Mathijs

Agree completely, Mathijs. What a group of entitled, spoiled brats who wrote those things.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:20

RnT
DandelionPowderman
onlystones
It's 4am LA time, I'm back in my room. This is my perspective. I know this is the best I show I have ever seen. Bottom line is that flew to LA. Got a nice hotel room, and then bought a ticket then partied before and after the show with my own money. No favors from anyone, which is the only way I travel to Stones shows. I am just a fan. I have been to many shows. A count or a list of them is not needed. If you want more details, ask on this forum and I'll tell you whether or not I will answer them. They are now only war stories. I am truly only about the Stones music and performances.

As for the performance, they are better than ever. I think it is because the whole total unit works better than ever. Bitch (L and G/STP) was my favorite performance until now. I know there was no Bobby or MT but it rolled hard. Moonlight Mile was truly moving. I did have a tear in my eye. Sister morphine is too personal to comment on for me. I just stood there in awe. I could go blow by blow on the rest of the set, but let me make it easy...OUTSTANDING!!!

My next show, as of now, is Atlanta, LD's with my aunt (followed by ORL,Nashville and Raleigh). Gold Rings on you all.

I will stay on for awhile if anyone cares to give their perspective.

How did You Gotta Move go down? Did Keith sing back up vocals on it?

I'm very curious about You Gotta Move too. I guess it was more like the Sticky Fingers version than the way it was played in 75/76, or what?

Apparently so. This is the twit with Mick's intro: "This one is by Mississippi Fred McDowell, with a 12string & Keith's gonna do the 12string tonight YOU GOTTA MOVE"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:26

Turner68
swimtothemoon
JumpinJeppeFlash
After this fantastic set we will be back to miss you and the rest of them on sunday.

I hope not! Certainly would be disappointing to this fan. Doesn't make sense
To spend all the rehersal effort, learning SF, for only one tiny free show.

Their web site says it was a "one time only" set list
and there's no way they would do this in a stadium or arena, right (for good reason)? And haven't we known for some time that they were doing a small one-off with full SF to get a DVD?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:32

A few bits from Brown Sugar and Moonlight Mile here:

Posted by: Jeffer ()

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()

Long John Stoner
Mathijs
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

You people are awful. The Stones owe you nothing, they can do whatever they like. They can hold a private party for their freinds and associates as a warm up whenever they like it. Be glad they invited some 100 fans to join in.

Mathijs

Agree completely, Mathijs. What a group of entitled, spoiled brats who wrote those things.

Yes we are a bunch of awful stonesfans who shoudn´t be allowed to express our opinions here.

Date: May 21, 2015 15:33

I am wearing down. gonna order some breakfast. I will give a more detailed report later, However as to YGM it was much closer to SF than 75-76.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:35

Sounding good, looking good, doin' everything they should...
brutal "Whoo" by Lisa though

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home