Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:28

Green Lady
Now we find out how much of that they thought was good enough to (a) put on the public setlist or (b) put on a live release.

If the transcripts are accurate, Mick announced most songs in an almost excusive manner. So I guess he'll drop them.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:30

[Twitter.com]

[www.Facebook.com]

[Twitter.com]

[Twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 08:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:31

Nikkei
Green Lady
Now we find out how much of that they thought was good enough to (a) put on the public setlist or (b) put on a live release.

If the transcripts are accurate, Mick announced most songs in an almost excusive manner. So I guess he'll drop them.

confused smiley Who cares how he announced them, I want to hear how he sang them and how the band performed.

peace

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:31

Awesome list!!!!

I love Can't turn you loose as a closer. I watch the Cirkus Krone version regularly!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:36

Leonioid

Now.... I wonder if any of the cats that were hanging around out front and asking here about it got in for any part of the show... I was hoping for them the whole time. I wonder if they did?

I was pretty much at the front of the 'just in case' line up at Fonda until 9.15 - no one got in (as far as I know), except for one or two that were able to benefit from favours/connections.

syrel

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:41

syrel
Leonioid

Now.... I wonder if any of the cats that were hanging around out front and asking here about it got in for any part of the show... I was hoping for them the whole time. I wonder if they did?

I was pretty much at the front of the 'just in case' line up at Fonda until 9.15 - no one got in (as far as I know), except for one or two that were able to benefit from favours/connections.

syrel

Must have been frustrating.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:42

After this fantastic set we will be back to miss you and the rest of them on sunday.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:45

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:46

swimtothemoon

Yeah, but I was fairly resigned to it before I arrived. I got my hopes up briefly when I realised 'it only needs 10 spaces and I'm in' but in all honesty it never seemed realistic.

We did hear a little bit of Start Me Up - but then they turned down the PA so we couldn't hear anything!

It was more frustrating to be at the venue early this morning and then find out the tickets were going to be sold online. That's when I knew the game was up. I flew over from the UK for this and San Diego, but always knew this was going to be a very long shot.

syrel

Posted by: stones2000 ()

Irix

[Twitter.com]

Awesome!! eye popping smiley thanks for posting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 08:50 by stones2000.

Irix

[Twitter.com]

YESSS there was a camera!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:47

The poster who said that this was an invite only show was correct. reports both at the El Rey theatre and at the Fonda theatre say that there were about 100 to 200 tickets on sale during the online sale this afternoon. the El Rey was just one of three different venues where people were asked to come and pick up their tickets. most VIP picked up their tickets yesterday in fact.

this show was not like past warm up club gigs. this was basically an industry invitation only event. more or less a private gig. the number of average fans that had absolutely no connection to anyone in the industry may have been in the 100 to 200 range.... the rest of the people in attendance which a proximately totaled more than 800 where all industry types. simply put: if you didn't know someone connected you are not going to be inside.

there were roughly about 50-80 people waiting outside the El Rey theatre. additionally there were probably around 100 to 250 people waiting outside the Fonda theatre. as far as I could tell hardly anyone was allowed inside

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 12:13 by Justin.

Posted by: StickyExile98 ()

Apparently camera's and phones weren't permitted inside the venue. Does that mean I'm not going to get to hear/watch them play Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear me Knocking,Sister Morphine, I Got the Blues, You Gotta Move, Rock Me Baby and Can't Turn You Loose?

Some has to have video footage... Come on

Posted by: onlystones ()

Real Quick...That was utterly fantastic. Easily my favorite show, set-list performance in a long while. I cant type I'm shaking so bad with excitement. That was incredible. I will stay on for a few minutes, then we are going to party. What a great trip so far. I promise details I guarantee I will be up all night then sleep on the plane home tommorow

Posted by: Leonioid ()

syrel
Leonioid

syrel

Sorry to hear... good for you for trying...
it was worth it... and a story unst itself, the one that got away...

Date: May 21, 2015 08:49

JumpinJeppeFlash
After this fantastic set we will be back to miss you and the rest of them on sunday.

I hope not! Certainly would be disappointing to this fan. Doesn't make sense
To spend all the rehersal effort, learning SF, for only one tiny free show.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:51

Nikkei
Three covers in one show! When has that happened last? Before Sticky Fingers?

LICKS theatre shows 2002-2003.
Echoplex 2013.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:51

swimtothemoon
JumpinJeppeFlash

I hope not! Certainly would be disappointing to this fan. Doesn't make sense
To spend all the rehersal effort, learning SF, for only one tiny free show.

Their web site says it was a "one time only" set list

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:52

onlystones
Real Quick...That was utterly fantastic. Easily my favorite show, set-list performance in a long while. I cant type I'm shaking so bad with excitement. That was incredible. I will stay on for a few minutes, then we are going to party. What a great trip so far. I promise details I guarantee I will be up all night then sleep on the plane home tommorow

Glad you liked! What was the highlight?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:52

Justin
The poster who said that this was an invite only show was correct. reports both at the El Rey theatre and at the Fonda theatre say that there were about 100 to 200 tickets on sale during the online sale this afternoon. the El Rey was just one of three different venues where people were asked to come and pick up their tickets. most VIP picked up their tickets yesterday in fact.

this show was not like past warm up club gigs. this was basically an industry invitation only event. more or less a private gig. the number of average fans that had absolutely no connection to anyone in the industry may have been in the 100 to 200 range.... the rest of the people in attendance which a proximately totaled more than 1200 where all industry types. simply put: if you didn't know someone connected you are not going to be inside.

there were roughly about 50-80 people waiting outside the El Rey theatre. additionally there were probably around 100 to 250 people waiting outside the Fonda theatre. as far as I could tell hardly anyone was allowed inside

As with most things in life, money and/or connections are what you need. At least a handful of real fans got to be there.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:53

erikjjf
Nikkei

Echoplex 2013.

You're right. After I had written that, I also remembered El Mocambo.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:53

Justin

this show was not like past warm up club gigs. this was basically an industry invitation only event. more or less a private gig. the number of average fans that had absolutely no connection to anyone in the industry may have been in the 100 to 200 range.... the rest of the people in attendance which a proximately totaled more than 1200 where all industry types. simply put: if you didn't know someone connected you are not going to be inside.

Well then all the better for the people who got in...
and good for the band to open it up to a least some non-connected fans.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:55

JadedFaded
As with most things in life, money and/or connections are what you need...

YEAH...
Life is like an iphone sandwich,
the more bread you have the less iphone you have taste

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 08:56 by Leonioid.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:55

Here the LA Poster in Hi·Res 5475x7275 pixels smiling smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:56

Nikkei
erikjjf
Nikkei

Echoplex 2013.

You're right. After I had written that, I also remembered El Mocambo.

The 100 Club show was all covers.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:57

Sticky Fingers ad-sign.
Hollywood blvd between Vine and Highland.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:57

a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:58

Lets hope this show is released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 08:59 by Leonioid.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:59

syrel
swimtothemoon

Yeah, but I was fairly resigned to it before I arrived. I got my hopes up briefly when I realised 'it only needs 10 spaces and I'm in' but in all honesty it never seemed realistic.

We did hear a little bit of Start Me Up - but then they turned down the PA so we couldn't hear anything!

It was more frustrating to be at the venue early this morning and then find out the tickets were going to be sold online. That's when I knew the game was up. I flew over from the UK for this and San Diego, but always knew this was going to be a very long shot.

syrel

Well excellent effort. You have a great show to look forward to in San Diego and
Lots to see in between. Fine attitude you have.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:00

Turner68
onlystones

Glad you liked! What was the highlight?

I am a huge Bitch fan. Sister morphine is very personal to me. But Moonlight Mile... I felt so sad and lonesome I could not help but cry.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home