Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Date: May 21, 2015 02:08

Congratulations to those who scored tickets! You lucky bastards!

smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:12

Periscope just showed people picking up the tickets - and what's more getting a REFUND???? for what they paid!! The guy was told the band wants the show to be on them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: TICKETS ON SALE FOR FONDA (SORRY NEW THREAD)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:13

Beast
You can be sure BV is in.

Mark my words winking smiley

well, he did miss that private show on the ABB tour.

plexi

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:15

Everybody have fun with this tonight, no matter how... or where

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 02:24 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:30

Enjoy the show. Congrats to those that got tickets

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:30

Leonioid
JMoisica
I'm waiting in line at the Fonda. Anybody think tix will be given out here at 5:30? Do we have a better shot waiting at the El Rey? What do you guys think?

Historically? Stay at the location of this show.
Historically loyal and true and waiting and waiting fans, standing and standing and smiling and waiting and being optimsitic and hoping and having good luck fans have been known to be allowed into some of these shows are the very last second. Allow the unbelievers to leave.. but you stay faithful... and smile... and hope... even after it starts, and you can hear it, stay faithful.. when the crowd outside thins, they might let you in for the snd half of the show.

I'm proof - happened to me twice. Shepherd's Bush and Beacon 1.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:33

Thanks guys! I'm gonna wait it out by the Fonda....fingers crossed

The Rolling Stones - Fonda Theatre LA, May 20 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:34

Posted by: kevin2112 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:38

roller99
I got my pair! Thank you BV, it would not have happened without you. You are a good man. Thank you!

can I be your +1?

Posted by: Naturalust ()

What a great shot! Man that makes me wish I was there. Have fun all!

peace

Posted by: Leonioid ()

Beast
Leonioid
JMoisica
I'm waiting in line at the Fonda. Anybody think tix will be given out here at 5:30? Do we have a better shot waiting at the El Rey? What do you guys think?

Historically? Stay at the location of this show.
Historically loyal and true and waiting and waiting fans, standing and standing and smiling and waiting and being optimsitic and hoping and having good luck fans have been known to be allowed into some of these shows are the very last second. Allow the unbelievers to leave.. but you stay faithful... and smile... and hope... even after it starts, and you can hear it, stay faithful.. when the crowd outside thins, they might let you in for the snd half of the show.

I'm proof - happened to me twice. Shepherd's Bush and Beacon 1.
Ahhh.... sweet satisfaction and the thrill of victory!! I love to hear about it. Cheers!! :)

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:39

I was at the 1973 Nicaragua benefit. Santana, Cheech & Chong, and the Stones. When they finished their set Mick sat on a stage monitor and asked for requests. The first was Route 66, to which he replied 'Vintage Stones!' He asked Keith if he remembered it, Keith said yes, and away they went.

Great show. I don't think it was recorded. Too bad. One last memory. We left with more dope in our pockets than we can in with.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:43

1969Fan
I was at the 1973 Nicaragua benefit. Santana, Cheech & Chong, and the Stones. When they finished their set Mick sat on a stage monitor and asked for requests. The first was Route 66, to which he replied 'Vintage Stones!' He asked Keith if he remembered it, Keith said yes, and away they went.

Great show. I don't think it was recorded. Too bad. One last memory. We left with more dope in our pockets than we can in with.

wow. i don't think i've ever heard much about that show other than it happened. great anecdote.

The Rolling Stones - Fonda Theatre LA, May 20 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:48

Here are the lucky fans who got their tickets for the Rolling Stones show tonight at the Fonda.

[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 03:34 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:51

This is actually very cool. The lady running the phone doing the broadcast asked someone "are you an IORRian?". So yes, they know we're here... Not that they'll tell us whether we'll see/hear anything tonight. I bet its completely a tease.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:53

1969Fan

When they finished their set?? Route 66 was the 5th song in the show.

I assume you smoked some of the stuff you brought....

Date: May 21, 2015 02:55

Does anyone know who is playing sax?

J

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:57

Karl Denson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 02:58 by StonesSoCal.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:01

JMARKO
1969Fan

Could be, but that's the way I remember it.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:01

Have a great one, everyone who is there! What a buzz. Looking forward to the reports through the evening!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:11

I can't sit at my comp looking at their twitter feed all night, but I will definitely check in around 7:30 west coast time. If they start streaming anything particularly noteworthy feel free to email me or touch base via Google Hangouts drakehatfield@gmail.com. I have everything setup to record the feed, if they happen to stream more than 5 seconds of the show..

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:12

josepi
Gfmsoccer
steffialicia
How much were the tickets???
$5, they're a bit more now on the resale marketeye popping smiley

vip packages...
$6 silver, $7 diamond, $8 sapphire, $9 diamond, $10 platinum.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

But, still $2199 for the one night hotel package. winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:16

flacnvinyl
This is actually very cool. The lady running the phone doing the broadcast asked someone "are you an IORRian?". So yes, they know we're here... Not that they'll tell us whether we'll see/hear anything tonight. I bet its completely a tease.

I *thought* I heard that, thanks for confirming!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:21

[twitter.com]

The (stray) cat's out of the bag! See you tonight @FondaTheatre #StickyStones

Posted by: gkowalewski ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:23

How do u get the audio on periscope? I'm getting the video feed but no sound

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:25

1969Fan
JMARKO
1969Fan

Could be, but that's the way I remember it.

There you go, 5 (+ 2 with snippets) circulating bootlegs and setlist of LA '73........ [www.dbboots.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 03:26 by EddieByword.

Date: May 21, 2015 03:33

Turner68
1969Fan

wow. i don't think i've ever heard much about that show other than it happened. great anecdote.

Not to hijack this thread, but there are plenty of bootlegs of the audience recording of this show (We All Benefit on C2C for one), and there is also a video clip of Brown Sugar from this show out there as well. Mick is wearing a black cape, 'diamond' headband, and also uses a masquerade-type handheld mask when he comes onstage. It is newsreel, color, professional audio/video footage and was included as a Bonus Feature on the 4Reel "Big Co**ksucker Blues" DVD, among others I am sure.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:36

So the lucky few are picking up their tickets at the El Rey, not at the Fonda.
So if any extra tickets happen, hard to say which box office.

Periscope seems to be streaming brief clips, not long segments, which tells me we're not going to get the whole concert tonight.

Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:37

I think it's enough to turn up the volume... at least I think. I can hear properly thumbs up

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:37

Can't wait for the updates to come rolling in. Very exciting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home