Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:02

Flying to Burbank is way more expensive than LAX

Posted by: FunxionalJunkie ()

I'm 2 hours away, so if I don't score a pair (and I think it is highly unlikely), I'll shrug it off and enjoy the show in SD on Sunday.

But, if I lived in LA, I would show up at the venue tonight whether I have tickets or not. They're going to want that place to be full, and there are bound to be at least a handful of no-shows.

I'd be shocked if a few lucky people didn't get let in at the door tonight if they're willing to stand around and take the risk.

Posted by: wellalright ()

is the show streaming live....?

Posted by: MingSubu ()

Thanks for the advice jrcjohnny99.

Pgh to Burbank leaves 430ish and lands around 840.

I guessing plenty of cabs at the Burbank airport?

Date: May 20, 2015 21:03

mosthigh

I was quoted about $100 more, than landing at LAX.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:06

Any educated guesstimations on showtime would be appreciated.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:07

jomo297
Remember it says you have to know the name of your plus one at the time of purchase and they also have to show ID. Don't buy an extra if you don't know who is going. I'd hate to see a bunch of tix go to waste because of that.

I don't see where you have to name your +1 at time of purchase. I interpret it as the original purchaser has to give their name at time of purchase and then bring CC, ID, and +1.

Date: May 20, 2015 21:07

Sounds like just how the Lucky Dips work.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:08

MingSubu
mosthigh

I was quoted about $100 more, than landing at LAX.

prices depend on who you are flying thru; Southwest has a ton of flights into Burbank
here's the deal, you land at LAX at 8.30, best time you are at the Fonda via cab is 9.45; you land at Burbank at 8.30 you are at the Fonda no later than 9.15.
gate to cab at Burbank is 5 mins, gate to cab at LAX 15-20 mins

Lots of cabs at Burbank, or you could reserve an Uber. plenty of Uber or Lyft availability in valley/Hollywood.

Posted by: Irix ()

wellalright

is the show streaming live....?

At least there's a Live-Blog from the LA-Club-Show on [www.rollingstones.com] .

#StickyStones: [Twitter.com]

Posted by: ihaveahead8k ()

Was in line with dad when I got the RS tweet that tix would be online only. Heart sank. So bummed cause the line was wrapped around the building but with only maybe 150 people or so. Not a big deal. Once I read the tweet, I realized all bets are off. Everyone in the country has a shot now. A real bummer for the people who came from all over the world to be here. I never did find the logo on the ground.from the tweet earlier in the day. found the other two zip code posters at the W hotel and near jack n the box. Anyways for tickets being only 29.50 I'm stoked. First concert ever was voodoo lounge in LA when I was 12. Parents have seen them a ton of times in 70s and 80s. But at this small a venue, the fonda, would be absolutely mind blowing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 21:16 by ihaveahead8k.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:10

This means it will be broad casted there, I think.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:11

I think the guest has to be with you when you pick up tickets. They will probably give out wrist bands

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:11

ihaveahead8k
Was in line with dad when I got the RS tweet that tix would be online only. Heart sank. So bummed cause the line was wrapped around the building but with only maybe 150 people or so. Not a big deal. Once I read the tweet, I realized all bets are off. Everyone in the country has a shot now. A real bummer for the people who came from all over the world to be here. Guy next to me was speaking German on his cell phone. Seen a ton of die hards. who was the guy with the dog in the black Mercedes? He seemed to be a go-to-guy people kept approachinh him. I never did find the logo on the ground.from the tweet earlier in the day. found the other two zip code posters at the W hotel and near jack n the box

Don't leave the queue, have faith.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:12

This has probably been covered before but what happens if some guy in Spain or China wants to buy a ticket for posterity and no intention of attending? I see no point in making tickets available in regions that couldn't realistically make it to the show on time unless the prices will be set high enough so to discourage anyone from buying except those who know they will attend.

Date: May 20, 2015 21:13

Keeping hopes up. Thank u!

Date: May 20, 2015 21:13

Definitely seems to be a Lucky Dip type set up. Will call only in hopes of thwarting the scalpers. But in LA? Good luck. Barry's Tickets and some of the other scumbags probably have tickets listed already.

Date: May 20, 2015 21:14

Exactly. This is why I'm thinking some last minute tickets will be available at the door for those willing to gamble.

Posted by: onlystones ()

PLEASE DON'T POST PEOPLE DECRIPTIONS OR WHEREABOUTS SOME PEOPLE DONT WANT TO BE KNOWN. MOST OF US ARE JUST FANS WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN.

Posted by: The Worst. ()

Is it free to watch the show through periscope.tv or do you have to pay?
And do you need to have itunes installed?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:15

jazzbass
This has probably been covered before but what happens if some guy in Spain or China wants to buy a ticket for posterity and no intention of attending? I see no point in making tickets available in regions that couldn't realistically make it to the show on time unless the prices will be set high enough so to discourage anyone from buying except those who know they will attend.

Tix will be CC pick up at venue; why would anyone who can't get to the venue buy em?

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:16

Has anyone had a look at the Periscope app during the day? Anything interesting going on? No Apple devices here sad smiley.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:16

Good luck to everyone on IORR in line at Fonda, or going on line for tix fairly soon.

I'm sure fans in the front of line at Fonda will get tix from no shows or tix held back for the first 20 or so in line. I do hope so anyway. smileys with beer

Date: May 20, 2015 21:17

onlystones
PLEASE DON'T POST PEOPLE DECRIPTIONS OR WHEREABOUTS SOME PEOPLE DONT WANT TO BE KNOWN. MOST OF US ARE JUST FANS WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN.

Thanks dude my bad. Edited my post. Didn't realize at the time. Your totally right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 21:18 by ihaveahead8k.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:20

UnpurePurist
Has anyone had a look at the Periscope app during the day? Anything interesting going on? No Apple devices here sad smiley.

There has been nothing by the Stones on Periscope yet that I've seen.

Date: May 20, 2015 21:21

jrcjohnny99
jazzbass

Tix will be CC pick up at venue; why would anyone who can't get to the venue buy em?

You'd be surprised. There are some serious knuckleheads out there.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:22

The Worst.
Is it free to watch the show through periscope.tv or do you have to pay?
And do you need to have itunes installed?

Looks as though this is only available on the IPhone - those of us who are not subjects of the I-Empire are screwed. Frustratingly, there is a link which says that Periscope for Android is coming - but not soon enough,

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:38

mosthigh
Any educated guesstimations on showtime would be appreciated.

9:00 pm

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:40

FunxionalJunkie
jrcjohnny99
jazzbass

You'd be surprised. There are some serious knuckleheads out there.

My guess is they'll have a cut-off time to pick up your tickets, like 6pm. If you don't, those will be sold to anyone standing there. they have to fill the hall for the video production! Also, they may over-sell it, knowing that some who buy, wont get there in time. It's going to be chaos, I'm sure!

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:40

UnpurePurist

I just looked and they are not live, or I'm a dumbass and can't figure it out, which may very well be the case

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home