Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Date: May 20, 2015 16:47

StonedRambler
Do you think the periscope-thing means that the concert today gets streamed?
Seems logical to me because what else should they stream if not the concert?
(rehearsals are maybe finished already)
If they do a stream I will stand up in the middle of the night to watch it (and if it's available on the computer I'll try to record it)

Stonesnews.com writes:
"Apparently, there's a filmcrew at the theatre and maybe there is a broadcast later [thx paperposter, sdb]. That could point less to a simple warm-up gig but more to a kind of DVD production or something. The filming is done by JA Digital from London, UK."

Do you think they want money for the stream?
I think about buying a iTunes Gift Card to be prepared if it's an in-app-purchase.

But I also wonder what is the point to do professional filming on a warm-up gig. It's called a "warm-up gig" because it's a warm up for the tour - sure they are a little bit rusty since their last concert was in november. Wouldn't it make more sence to do a filming towards the end of the tour? I saw there are more free days during the concerts than it was on the last tour.

Probably a song or two, or perhaps some clips..

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:47

DREAMTIME
Help me with my expenses, I will help you get in. Very serious replies only. I'm in the air now.

Santa needs money?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:48

Good luck, everyone!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:57

Pay close attention to this thread....

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:04

StonedRambler
But I also wonder what is the point to do professional filming on a warm-up gig. It's called a "warm-up gig" because it's a warm up for the tour - sure they are a little bit rusty since their last concert was in november. Wouldn't it make more sence to do a filming towards the end of the tour?

"Light The Fuse" was officialy released although it was a warm up show.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:05

This modern "digital sidewalk" is nerve wracking. I just keep reminding myself that a Rolling Stones concert is still the most fun you can have with your clothes off.

"You have no idea what goes on here...it's like the lemmings and the sea."

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:07

I think, they'll film the Stones playing Sticky Fingers, maybe some other songs as well, if we're lucky. That whole thing is filmed and will be sold in various formats.

Let's see what happens ...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:16

glimmerman
I just keep reminding myself that a Rolling Stones concert is still the most fun you can have with your clothes off.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:18

NEWMAN
DREAMTIME
Help me with my expenses, I will help you get in. Very serious replies only. I'm in the air now.

Santa needs money?

He tends to make things up a tad..

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:22

Be sure and fulfill the zipper requirements at the door...no button fly allowed in

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:26

"Word is that the show show will include a complete performance of the album Sticky Fingers and will be filmed for DVD release."

that's tonight. with no mick taylor. Awesome. Not.

Posted by: matinil ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:28

anybody at the Fonda now?
7.30am in LA

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:31

wellalright
"Word is that the show show will include a complete performance of the album Sticky Fingers and will be filmed for DVD release."

I can't see that somehow for first gig after rehearsals.

JA Digital are the firm doing the fans interviews.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 17:34 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:37

Munichhilton
Be sure and fulfill the zipper requirements at the door...no button fly allowed in
Is this new information in the last week or conjecture from months ago?

Date: May 20, 2015 17:42

wellalright

Is this new information from this week or months old conjecture?

Date: May 20, 2015 17:45

donvis
Munichhilton
Is this new information in the last week or conjecture from months ago?
Sorry I made a mistake and quoted the wrong message.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:46

Really wishing I was in LA right now!
Good luck to all trying to get in!
FYI; if they do end up selling the tix at Amoeba, it's no more than 15 min walk from the Fonda so walking there would be faster than driving

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:49

Is there any media buzz in LA about this show or are they the last to know?

Posted by: akissaway ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:50

Feeling the vibe and anticipation in LA. Hoping you all get in, and have a Sticky Fingers evening!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:07

Is anyone going to give anything up? I know there is great excitement but from here on out I bet its every Stones fan for themselves. I prefer to be alone now its just easier.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:21

Going by the latest two club shows, Trabendo in 2012 and Echoplex in 2013, nothing useful filtered here until it was too late to have a good spot in the queue...

...however in both cases dedicated fans managed to get in, around 80 people in Paris who had no tickets but stuck around were let in at the last minute and for the Echoplex people who weren't in the right slot in the El Rey queue but stuck around managed to buy tickets...the thing was so badly organized that they pulled a random number without enough people "behind" that number for the number of tickets on offer. By the way that "random process" had left a lot of people (including people who post here) who had been tipped off and started queuing up at 5AM very pissed off...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 18:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:25

Stuck at work here in San Diego. I would make the drive this afternoon if I thought I had a chance of getting a ticket. Good luck to everyone!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:27

StonedRambler
If they do a stream I will stand up in the middle of the night to watch it (and if it's available on the computer I'll try to record it)

Stonesnews.com writes:
"Apparently, there's a filmcrew at the theatre and maybe there is a broadcast later [thx paperposter, sdb]. That could point less to a simple warm-up gig but more to a kind of DVD production or something. The filming is done by JA Digital from London, UK."

I think about buying a iTunes Gift Card to be prepared if it's an in-app-purchase.

But I also wonder what is the point to do professional filming on a warm-up gig. It's called a "warm-up gig" because it's a warm up for the tour - sure they are a little bit rusty since their last concert was in november. Wouldn't it make more sence to do a filming towards the end of the tour? I saw there are more free days during the concerts than it was on the last tour.

On periscope the streams are free, you can't charge for Periscope.

Someone was asking earlier about what's special about Periscope. It's that you can stream from any iPhone. This means that if any IORRians get into the club show, they could literally stream the show to us (unless phones are confiscated of course.)

For the Maryweather prizefight HBO streamed on Periscope from the locker room of one of the fighters, let's hope the Stones do something like that.

The fact the Stones set up an account this week means, I think, they will be using it, probably today. how they do so I have no idea. There are 34,000 people currently subscribing to them on Periscope (yesterday it was just 10,000) so clearly something is up.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:32

Good luck everyone! My friend Frank (Stonesfrk). Is in line and says there are about 30 people there. He sent me a photo of the Stones logo outside the Fonda!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:32

I have an Android do I have options? I'm not that computer literate.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:37

official by the Stones!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:37

DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler

Stonesnews.com writes:

Probably a song or two, or perhaps some clips..

not before mick has final approval so my guess would be no. Periscope will show the usual stuff we always got on Licks tour from their web site after paying a$100 for fan club.
i truly believe they do not release a thing before it is viewed by the approval man for all the usual reasons he does such things.

Date: May 20, 2015 18:40

rogerriffin
official by the Stones!

[www.facebook.com]

i believe the fonda is in that zip code.

Date: May 20, 2015 18:42

what if the "zip code" tour means they will announce club shows by posting zip codes on billboards?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 20, 2015 18:44

For Periscope do you just download the app, create an account and follow the Rolling Stones? Does that mean you will be able to see a stream from the Fonda or do you have to be following the person who is broadcasting?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home