Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 65
Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Myteem32 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:46

I don't know what you're talking about...

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:48

Is he gonna get banned for saying it I thought that was Taboo here.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:56

Figure it won't matter much as they're almost done anyway.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:08

Nikkei

If they are playing a show tomorrow, they are indeed done. The general rule is at least a day of rest before a show. Not to say they may not come back Thursday or Friday and work on stuff that they feel needed it after the Fonda theater show....

But I really doubt the Stones care too much about who or how many are waiting on the street at this point. Some have suggested they actually like the crowds and I don't doubt it. I think it's actually the ones standing around who don't want competition from others for the Stones attention or autographs. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:16

Naturalust
Nikkei

If they are playing a show tomorrow, they are indeed done. The general rule is at least a day of rest before a show. Not to say they may not come back Thursday or Friday and work on stuff that they feel needed it after the Fonda theater show....

But I really doubt the Stones care too much about who or how many are waiting on the street at this point. Some have suggested they actually like the crowds and I don't doubt it. I think it's actually the ones standing around who don't want competition from others for the Stones attention or autographs. smoking smiley

peace

Exactly. I've said this a couple of times and I'm glad you said it too!
Oh and don't forget to download periscope because they might announce the gig on it tomorrow...I forgot to mention that in my earlier post here but I saw on another thread that Turner68 mentioned this (thank you Turner68!).

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:20

Yes. Download Periscope on your phone. [Periscope.tv]

Date: May 19, 2015 22:23

Turner68

Yes: download it AND keep it up >grinning smiley<

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:39

Dreamer
Turner68

Yes: download it AND keep it up >grinning smiley<

Me too thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:39

The time stamp on IORR posts is two hours ahead of GMT and one hour ahead of Central European time, don't know why, but you just have to know that when reading posts. There will be a new forum here within two weeks, then I will check out the time stamp etc, it has to be somewhere, probably CET i.e. Central Europe, or GMT i.e. STONES time. I will look into that next week or the week after. Right now the IORR time stamp time zone is Helsinki time, great if you live in Finland or East Europe...

So when I said special announcement tomorrow 10:00, that was posted Sunday, because NME was publishing a rumour abot an announcement. As we all know by now, the Twitter session was 2 1/2 hours of video clips with interviews, no major announcements.

Bjornulf

Date: May 19, 2015 22:57

bv
The time stamp on IORR posts is two hours ahead of GMT and one hour ahead of Central European time, don't know why, but you just have to know that when reading posts. There will be a new forum here within two weeks, then I will check out the time stamp etc, it has to be somewhere, probably CET i.e. Central Europe, or GMT i.e. STONES time. I will look into that next week or the week after. Right now the IORR time stamp time zone is Helsinki time, great if you live in Finland or East Europe...

So when I said special announcement tomorrow 10:00, that was posted Sunday, because NME was publishing a rumour abot an announcement. As we all know by now, the Twitter session was 2 1/2 hours of video clips with interviews, no major announcements.

It's a good thing you try to explain those things Bjornulf.
Now...got another 'not a big secret'...? Of course we now have enough for this week but how about after this week..?
smoking smiley

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:04

Heading down to Hollywood from Oakland with a Hope and a Dream...this is #1 left on my bucket list...please send good Stones Karma...thanks, brian

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:05

getdown
Heading down to Hollywood from Oakland with a Hope and a Dream...this is #1 left on my bucket list...please send good Stones Karma...thanks, brian

i hope that all your dreams come true

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:18

alieb
getdown

i hope that all your dreams come true

Did not know you were in Oakland - have you left yet?

---tho I really can't bop out of work---tho I might if I can get tkts to tomorrow's show

- swiss (in SF)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:24

It is not a big secret that those who want to see the Stones live tomorrow need to be in LA right now. That is why I started this thread some two months ago. If you are in LA right now and hopefully in the Hollywood area you should have a bigger chance of getting to that show than if you are still in Chicago, Seattle, Mexico City or London.

Everybody say they will play at the Fonda Theatre. May be they will sell the tickets there too. I don't know. Very few know. It is a highly secret operation, may be not even Mick and Keith do know. But keep an eye out and look fore stuff.

Right now I can't say where you should queue if you are in LA. I have sort of done what I can when I have made sure people are in the right area at the right time. If I point to the Fonda or some other place, and it turns out my info is wrong, that would be bad.

I have been at many, many queues for tickets, I have slept in the streets of London, Paris, Toronto, Los Angeles and on and on. What these places have in common is that first there is no queue, then somebody know where the queue should be i.e. where the ticket sales will be, and you talk to people and you understand this is the right queue. And you look around and there across the street there is a guy with a radio and he is a security guy you don't see but I see him, and you see some barriers, more than normal, and someone start organizing numbers on your hand and then there is another person not in thew queue but still paying attention and you see this is another security guy and so on.

Chasing theatre tickets is tough. It is hard work. And if you end up with nothing, don't loose focus. There are always a second chance. I was in B arcelona and Deutche Bank corporate show did not let me in so I stayed outside, never give up. I met a lot of friends from Barcelona that night so I was never alone.

Good luck to everyone in LA. If there will be ticket sales, I hope a few hundred, there will be some lucky fans in LA during the next 24 hours. Take care everyone and see you some place in LA if you are around. I am not sure how much more online I will be from now on.

Bjornulf

Date: May 20, 2015 00:07

Thanks, Bjørnulf! Good luck to everyone thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:17

Yes, don't give up, people! I got into Shepherd's Bush and the Beacon by not giving up after everyone else had - and for free both times.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:13

DandelionPowderman
Thanks, Bjørnulf! Good luck to everyone thumbs up

+1 smiling smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:57

Ladies and Gentlemen the greatest Rock n Roll band in the world..... The Rolling Stones!!!!! It's great to have you back on stage.Good luck to all concerned, have fun, One Love!!

Posted by: kevin2112 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 05:57

Alright, so I was at the Fonda for a few hours today. When I drove by there was a line of about 15 people outside so I joined. Fences w/ tarps all around load-in areas, so you couldn't really see. Lots of secrecy. Did see a large semi truck unloading musical equipment in. Someone else in line spoke with someone who was a PR guy from a record label and a guy who apparently is one of the guitar techs. The Stones are absolutely 100% playing tomorrow night, likely some tickets will be released to the public - announcement about tickets will be made via twitter interactions with fans, according to guitar tech guy. A man in the box office at the Fonda said tickets would not be sold there, but he may have just been instructed to say that (possible though). They are also rehearsing that show tonight at the venue. There was some chatter about the Roxy as well but I'm not sure if that ever led anywhere. Perhaps ticket sale location, rehearsal location, or a second show? Line was broken up eventually by what I thought was police and then realized was private security. They claimed to have no knowledge of any Stones activity (the officer I spoke to said that they generally have the full inside scoop on secret things like that) but of course I'm sure they were just instructed to say that to us. They claimed that they did security for most of the buildings on the block. Apparently we were blocking the sidewalk but we were not, it was about 15-20 people in a nice orderly line. We dispersed.

I'm returning to the Fonda tonight to try to catch a glimpse of the Stones coming or going, and most hopefully to gain some more information about potential ticket onsale time and location.

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:03

good luck!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:51

Yes, good luck. I hope you break through! However that "Twitter interaction"
comment is a little scary. Personally, I don't trust their Twitter people to
do the right thing which would be to reward the true fans standing outside
the venue.

Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:57

Fans are broadcasting the U2 concert live right now using the periscope app. Whoever gets in tomorrow should do this so the rest of us can watch.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:59

kevin2112
Alright, so I was at the Fonda for a few hours today. When I drove by there was a line of about 15 people outside so I joined. Fences w/ tarps all around load-in areas, so you couldn't really see. Lots of secrecy. Did see a large semi truck unloading musical equipment in. Someone else in line spoke with someone who was a PR guy from a record label and a guy who apparently is one of the guitar techs. The Stones are absolutely 100% playing tomorrow night, likely some tickets will be released to the public - announcement about tickets will be made via twitter interactions with fans, according to guitar tech guy. A man in the box office at the Fonda said tickets would not be sold there, but he may have just been instructed to say that (possible though). They are also rehearsing that show tonight at the venue. There was some chatter about the Roxy as well but I'm not sure if that ever led anywhere. Perhaps ticket sale location, rehearsal location, or a second show? Line was broken up eventually by what I thought was police and then realized was private security. They claimed to have no knowledge of any Stones activity (the officer I spoke to said that they generally have the full inside scoop on secret things like that) but of course I'm sure they were just instructed to say that to us. They claimed that they did security for most of the buildings on the block. Apparently we were blocking the sidewalk but we were not, it was about 15-20 people in a nice orderly line. We dispersed.

I'm returning to the Fonda tonight to try to catch a glimpse of the Stones coming or going, and most hopefully to gain some more information about potential ticket onsale time and location.

Thank you for your detailed report.

I appreciate reports like this, they allow those of us who can not be there to live vicariously through you guys who are doing it. Good luck getting in to the show.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:10

Turner68
Fans are broadcasting the U2 concert live right now using the periscope app. Whoever gets in tomorrow should do this so the rest of us can watch.

that would be incredible

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:22

bv
It is not a big secret that those who want to see the Stones live tomorrow need to be in LA right now. That is why I started this thread some two months ago. If you are in LA right now and hopefully in the Hollywood area you should have a bigger chance of getting to that show than if you are still in Chicago, Seattle, Mexico City or London.

Everybody say they will play at the Fonda Theatre. May be they will sell the tickets there too. I don't know. Very few know. It is a highly secret operation, may be not even Mick and Keith do know. But keep an eye out and look fore stuff.

Right now I can't say where you should queue if you are in LA. I have sort of done what I can when I have made sure people are in the right area at the right time. If I point to the Fonda or some other place, and it turns out my info is wrong, that would be bad.

I have been at many, many queues for tickets, I have slept in the streets of London, Paris, Toronto, Los Angeles and on and on. What these places have in common is that first there is no queue, then somebody know where the queue should be i.e. where the ticket sales will be, and you talk to people and you understand this is the right queue. And you look around and there across the street there is a guy with a radio and he is a security guy you don't see but I see him, and you see some barriers, more than normal, and someone start organizing numbers on your hand and then there is another person not in thew queue but still paying attention and you see this is another security guy and so on.

Chasing theatre tickets is tough. It is hard work. And if you end up with nothing, don't loose focus. There are always a second chance. I was in B arcelona and Deutche Bank corporate show did not let me in so I stayed outside, never give up. I met a lot of friends from Barcelona that night so I was never alone.

Good luck to everyone in LA. If there will be ticket sales, I hope a few hundred, there will be some lucky fans in LA during the next 24 hours. Take care everyone and see you some place in LA if you are around. I am not sure how much more online I will be from now on.

That's EXACTLY how I'd imagine it would be like to get a club ticket. Good luck.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 20, 2015 07:25

alieb
Turner68

that would be incredible

If it is like every other past warm up show (from the reports posted here about them) everyone will be "strip searched" before entering and told no cameras or recording allowed and anyone caught recording will be beaten with a pool cue.

Maybe the Stones could just use the same technology that the Emmy website uses and broadcast the show over the internet like the Emmy website did on Sunday, and many other websites do all the time. I could easily see that stream on Sunday with no special downloads or apps needed. [www.emmys.com] Why not keep it simple ?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:32

Leonioid
alieb
Turner68

that would be incredible

If it is like every other past warm up show (from the reports posted here about them) everyone will be "strip searched" before entering and told no cameras or recording allowed and anyone caught recording will be beaten with a pool cue.

Maybe the Stones could just use the same technology that the Emmy website uses and broadcast the show over the internet like the Emmy website did on Sunday, and many other websites do all the time. I could easily see that stream on Sunday with no special downloads or apps needed. [www.emmys.com] Why not keep it simple ?

1. Periscope is only for iOS. No Android version at all. Pointless.

2. My company streams conventions and concerts all the time! We'd love to do it!

Date: May 20, 2015 07:37

flacnvinyl
1. Periscope is only for iOS. No Android version at all. Pointless.

2. My company streams conventions and concerts all the time! We'd love to do it!
Right on!

Please contact them and get it done.
Drake, YOU are the man for the job.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:07

OK, I am home now, will head back out to Hollywood tomorrow morning. It was a Fonda Theater person that said they expect up to 400 tickets to be available to the public...

......but here is what bothers me....

Local radio stations are saying they will have a big rolling stones related announcement at about 9:45 tomorrow morning.

...all this for 400 tickets? Are they afraid that there are not enough hardcore fans that know about this already?

The only other thing I can think of, assumming it is the theater announcement, is that tickets will go on sale on line (just speculation).

I wonder if it is a charity event and charge $500 to get in (which I doubt) if the tickets would be easier to get...

We'll see what tomorrow brings....

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:22

The latest news from LA

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home