Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 65
Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:30

benroyblenkle
the Bowl is available the 21st and 22nd!

I hope they do it on 22nd but hard to believe 3 shows in 5 days.sad smiley

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:38

I'm 2 blocks from the Fonda (drove into town about an hour ago) and nobody but security & trucks are here. Where are you folks? I'm lonely...

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:44

a bigger nut
benroyblenkle
the Bowl is available the 21st and 22nd!

I hope they do it on 22nd but hard to believe 3 shows in 5 days.sad smiley

I don't believe the Hollywood Bowl rumor but if it's true, what about 5/27? In between SD and Columbus and HB is not booked that night.

Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:48

Neil Diamond plays the Hollywood Bowl tonight and Saturday night. Drove by the Fonda and the Bowl late last night. Saw the crews setting up at the bowl for Diamond. Enjoying the LA sunshine this AM. Will be going by the Fonda later.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:49

sdstonesguy
I'm 2 blocks from the Fonda (drove into town about an hour ago) and nobody but security & trucks are here. Where are you folks? I'm lonely...

I'm heading out there soon. To do what, I'm not sure?!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:49

portlandphil
Neil Diamond plays the Hollywood Bowl tonight and Saturday night. Drove by the Fonda and the Bowl late last night. Saw the crews setting up at the bowl for Diamond. Enjoying the LA sunshine this AM. Will be going by the Fonda later.

Last night was Lana Del Rey & Courtney Love.

The LA Weekly is just recycling stuff they picked up here. Yes, the Hollywood Bowl was mentioned at some point and not altogether seriously.

BTW, Neil Diamond tickets are dropping below $30 on Stubhub.

Date: May 19, 2015 18:53

ReginaPhalange
sdstonesguy

I'm heading out there soon. To do what, I'm not sure?!

I'm at the Rise & Grind coffee shop 2 blocks away if you wanna meet up. My car is parked outside.

Wearing either a red t-shirt (currently) or my Shep Bush t-shirt (as I get more excited about wasting 2 days & getting nothing for it...damn I'm sucker)!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:56

Dan
portlandphil

The LA Weekly is just recycling stuff they picked up here. Yes, the Hollywood Bowl was mentioned at some point and not altogether seriously.

Anybody out there, should go see Neil Diamond tonight for 30 bucks, he does a great show, tons of songs, great reviews...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:00

Leonioid
Dan
portlandphil

Anybody out there, should go see Neil Diamond tonight for 30 bucks, he does a great show, tons of songs, great reviews...

I am thinking about it but I have a lot of running around to do after work.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:01

Plink
I’m wondering if there may be 2 theater/small venue shows. On May 10 in the LA Rehearsals thread, roller99 mentioned 2 gigs at the Fonda Theater. Another poster (whose name escapes me, apologies to him/her) said they knew someone on a crew who would be filming the Stones in Hollywood. If they really are going to perform Sticky Fingers in its entirety and film it for release, 2 shows would make sense, as they would have 2 takes of each song and could choose the best material. Didn’t they do that for Hyde Park and even wear identical outfits for both shows? I also recall Dreamer saying that nothing would be happening until the 18th. It would be great if the big Twitter announcement was for one show today and another on the 20th. Whatever the case, I hope that a decent percentage of true fans (and IORRians) gain entry.

That was the Twitter thing smiling smiley
At this moment I know nothing about another surprise gig this week...I think that's just a rumour.
Good luck!

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:52

It sounds like you're waiting on a friend. I hope time is on my side. I plan on coming up from SD later today if all the signs are right. Wishing you satisfaction!

Date: May 19, 2015 20:02

bv
It is all over the city... The Rolling Stones at the Fonda Theatre Wed May 20. This thread is soon two months old and it is dedicated to the special LA show so we are getting closer to all the facts. Check out the latest official news tomorrow morning at 10am Los Angeles time, see the IORR News:

[www.iorr.org]

10:02am...

Posted by: Myteem32 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:06

Funny..was thinking the same (10:05)

Date: May 19, 2015 20:07

It's the reason I took the day off, woke up early & drove to LA...hope it's good...and soon...and helps me... smiling smiley

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:15

BV BV BV BV BV BV BV spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:15

bv's post was posted on Sunday referring to yeasterday's (10am) Twitter fiasco.

moody smileyRe: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:17

OH

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:17

sdstonesguy
bv
It is all over the city... The Rolling Stones at the Fonda Theatre Wed May 20. This thread is soon two months old and it is dedicated to the special LA show so we are getting closer to all the facts. Check out the latest official news tomorrow morning at 10am Los Angeles time, see the IORR News:

[www.iorr.org]

10:02am...

BV posted this on Sunday (May 17) so I think the 10am PT time was the Twitter Q&A/alleged annoucement yesterday (May 18).

Date: May 19, 2015 20:18

But there was no official news at 10am on iorr news...per the statement...which was about the Fonda.

Perhaps BV had his hopes up re: an announcement too...and instead we got "what's your favorite color" and "we haven't played Jack Flash since 1962!"

Date: May 19, 2015 20:26

I fear you are right Bluz...I thought about that...but since he posted on the 18th & said "tomorrow"...today would now be yesterday's tomorrow... I guess it does not really matter...either we'll get information or we won't. I still do not know where rehearsals are either...something about looking at pictures & using Google Earth or whatnot. I do better with an address...

Posted by: bv
Date: May 18, 2015 03:21

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:35

sdstonesguy
I fear you are right Bluz...I thought about that...but since he posted on the 18th & said "tomorrow"...today would now be yesterday's tomorrow... I guess it does not really matter...either we'll get information or we won't. I still do not know where rehearsals are either...something about looking at pictures & using Google Earth or whatnot. I do better with an address...

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

your time may be set incorrectly, he posted that on May 17.

As to the other thing, can I email you?

Date: May 19, 2015 20:44

10:15AM, Fonda.

I could not see anyone and nothing from outside.

Date: May 19, 2015 20:47

There were about 5 security guards there around 7:30 am

That would aces Bluz...thanks.

sdstonesguy@yahoo.com

Date: May 19, 2015 20:50

sdstonesguy

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

I guess he wasn't/isn't aware of how and when the gig is going to be announced.
Usually it's on the radio around noon or something the day of the gig. Or on @GRRRegory or their current twitter account or a combination. Just keep your eyes and ears open.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:57

a bigger nut

I've been there yesterday. There was almost 15 people waiting outside, but there was no sign of anything, so I left.

Date: May 19, 2015 21:13

Cristiano Radtke
a bigger nut

I've been there yesterday. There was almost 15 people waiting outside, but there was no sign of anything, so I left.

Haha.
So many people strolling in LA and cyberspace.
Everything I did last 36 hours : watching internet, visited Fonda 3 times, sleeping and eating. grinning smiley

Date: May 19, 2015 21:17

I'm just bouncing between rehearsals & Fonda starting in a few minutes. No internet access for me once I'm out (no smart phone).

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:38

Please, somebody, somewhere come up with something concrete!!! OH lord I'm gonna fade away.

Date: May 19, 2015 21:38

Cristiano Radtke
a bigger nut

And how's things on Vanowen?
If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know and I'll mail you.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:40

oops he said it smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home