Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 65
Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 15, 2015 03:31

If they are selling tickets, it'll be announced Monday or Tuesday. If they are not, it wont be announced. They'll fill it with invited guests, including many celebrities that will look good on camera. Remember many of the crew are based in LA, so they could easily fill it with friends & family. The Media will tip it off as soon as one of them gets an invite.

I have 2 extra pairs of tix for San Diego if anyone needs them. Great seats.
email me: gfmsoccer@msn.com

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 15, 2015 04:27

From nme.com

"The Rolling Stones are to host their first ever Twitter questions and answers session from 6pm (GMT) this Monday (May 18).

The band will take to their official @RollingStones account and have promised to personally respond to select questions with videos and text responses. They will also be operating through their individual @mickjagger, @officialkeef and @ronniewood pages and a special announcement is also expected to be made to on the night.

The Stones have revealed they will be using Twitter as their main direct-to-fan tool ahead next month's re-release of their 'Sticky Fingers' LP.

Read more at [www.nme.com]

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 15, 2015 05:38

MisterDDDD
From nme.com

"The Rolling Stones are to host their first ever Twitter questions and answers session from 6pm (GMT) this Monday (May 18).

The band will take to their official @RollingStones account and have promised to personally respond to select questions with videos and text responses. They will also be operating through their individual @mickjagger, @officialkeef and @ronniewood pages and a special announcement is also expected to be made to on the night.

Thank you for sharing.

So, Monday morning in LA.
Let's see what happens.smiling smiley

Date: May 15, 2015 05:49

a bigger nut

Thank you for sharing.

So, Monday morning in LA.
Let's see what happens.smiling smiley

It looks like the "special announcement" will be on Monday night...

"a special announcement is also expected to be made to on the night."
Am I reading that wrong ? Or is the event maybe that night...?

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 15, 2015 05:58

Which radio station in LA would you recommend to be listening to for any club show announcement?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: May 15, 2015 06:05

From the same article...

"The Stones have revealed they will be using Twitter as their main direct-to-fan tool ahead next month's re-release of their 'Sticky Fingers' LP.

Read more at [www.nme.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 15, 2015 06:27

rcfoxy
Which radio station in LA would you recommend to be listening to for any club show announcement?

Thanks

Either 100.3 the Sound
or
95.5 KLOS

....but I think social media will be quicker....

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:13

...Twitter announcement could be a ticket drop for regular shows.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:45

...or an announcement of a live stream show from L.A....Who knows? We shall see.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 08:11

Gfmsoccer
If they are selling tickets, it'll be announced Monday or Tuesday. If they are not, it wont be announced. They'll fill it with invited guests, including many celebrities that will look good on camera. Remember many of the crew are based in LA, so they could easily fill it with friends & family. The Media will tip it off as soon as one of them gets an invite.

email me: [email protected]

The smaller pre-shows are never announced until day of.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 08:40

jomo297
Gfmsoccer

email me: [email protected]

The smaller pre-shows are never announced until day of.

Yeah, but it seems that this show won't be the usual pre-tour warm-up gig. Various reports tell us the show will be a Sticky Fingers themed special gig which will be filmed for a release / broadcast. So it's more like the Beacon shows in 2006.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 11:31

I hope it's a day of announcement and you have to be in line kind of thing. If's it's online, I have no shot at tickets, but if you have to work for 'em, I got a fighting chance.

Date: May 15, 2015 15:26

donnarq1
...or an announcement of a live stream show from L.A....Who knows? We shall see.

Absolutely, the announcement could be a number of things..
Monday.. we'll get what we need... smiling smiley

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 16, 2015 01:55

I think they might announce the Wednesday show at the Fonda on Monday night. Maybe it'll be some sort of contest for LA area fans. Remember they have a week off after the San Diego show, so they might do some Sticky Fingers thing then.

If you know of anyone who needs tickets for San Diego, I have 2 extra pairs, great seats. email me: gfmsoccer@msn.com

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 16, 2015 03:02

What does GMT stand for, where is it?

If it is 6pm GMT what time is that in the Pacific time zone?

plexi

Date: May 16, 2015 06:40

timbernardis

plexi

11am - (pretty much its UK time without daylight savings considered)

Date: May 16, 2015 06:47

BluzDude
timbernardis

plexi

10AM Pacific Time
(which is the time of the "event"...)

Date: May 16, 2015 06:52

MisterDDDD
BluzDude
timbernardis

plexi

10AM Pacific Time
(which is the time of the "event"...)

It depends if you are considering GMT or London time. The is 8 hoours difference from London to LA, but GMT during the summer is 7 hours

Date: May 16, 2015 07:04

I believe the relevant information that is being sought is the time of the Twitter event.

It's 10:00 AM (pacific)

Would hate to see someone take your 11am reply and miss the announcement by an hour..

From Twitter:
@RollingStones

#AskTheStones! The Rolling Stones are doing their first ever twitter Q&A! Tweet us your questions, answers on Monday 10am PST/ 6pm BST

Date: May 16, 2015 07:07

MisterDDDD
I believe the relevant information that is being sought is the time of the Twitter event.

It's 10:00 AM (pacific)

Would hate to see someone take your 11am reply and miss the announcement by an hour..

From Twitter:
@RollingStones

#AskTheStones! The Rolling Stones are doing their first ever twitter Q&A! Tweet us your questions, answers on Monday 10am PST/ 6pm BST

ok, got it, but I was responding to what time it is in LA when it's 6PM GMT

Date: May 16, 2015 08:09

Long day. My mistake.cool smiley

Posted by: jimjagger73 ()
Date: May 17, 2015 21:20

Been to many a Stones show. Have never been to a small show . Would love to go. Please e-mail me how to get a ticket. Saw three La OC shows last time. Saw the concert for Nicaragua at the Forum in 1973. The 1975 Concert there also, and many more.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2015 21:50

I see that Stonesdoug on Shidoobee is confident enough to officially post Fonda Theatre for May 20 in his list of all of the tour shows.

plexi

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 17, 2015 22:08

From the Festival Forecaster blog:

The Stones in Hollywood...

The Rolling Stones, set to kick off their North American tour one week from today, are busy rehearsing in the Los Angeles area, and are set to play a warm-up gig or two in that city this week. We believe that the first of two events will be going down Wednesday night at the historic Fonda Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. Tickets to this (these) show(s) will not be easy to come by, as the venue fits just 1,200 people, and we're not sure that many (or any) will be made available to the public. We're also not sure that the Fonda is the place to line up for them - tickets may be sold instead at the El Rey or the Roxy, among other places (maybe you'll have to pull one out of a hat at the Magic Castle) - if anyone asks, tell them you're just waiting on some friends. Watch the band's twitter tomorrow morning for a special announcement, though that seems more likely to discuss the recording of a new Rolling Stones record than to contain any details regarding these theatre gigs.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 17, 2015 23:59

Rumor has it, The Rolling Stones have a warm-up gig at Fonda Theatre Hollywood

A couple days ago, a little bird told me that The Rolling Stones may be playing the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood on Wednesday, May 20th. After confirmation with a couple industry friends, and rumors about them rehearsing in a local North Hollywood studio, it looks like the Stones are pulling another once-in-a-life-time surprise in Los Angeles. Actually, after their intimate Echoplex gig in 2013, this will be a twice-in-a-lifetime performance.

The Rolling Stones are rumored to headline the Fonda Theatre on Wednesday, May 20th. The performance will be a warm-up show in preparation for their 15-stop Zip Code Tour. All info has not been officially confirmed by The Rolling Stones. We don’t even know if tickets will be sold or if it’s invite-only. We can only hope it’s a $20 lottery like at their 2013 Echoplex show.

Additionally, the original performance that was supposed to happen on May 20th at the Fonda was a concert with Shakey Graves. However, on May 13 we received a press release that read: “Due to logistics at Fonda Theatre, The Shakey Graves show on 5/20 has been moved to Belasco Theater.” The Rolling Stones are definitely a big enough reason to move an existing nearly sold-out show.

The Rolling Stones will host a Twitter Q&A this Monday, May 18th at 10am PST. Feel free to join in on the action and ask them any questions (like if they’re playing the Fonda!). #AskTheStones

[www.grimygoods.com]

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:16

Cocaine Eyes
timbernardis
Why is Cocaine Eyes considered a god on IORR? I thought that was reserved for BV only.

plexi

Oh my dear person - I am anything but a god (goddess) at this site. Far from it! It's BV's site; he controls it; he works hard on it; and from here on he'll be giving the info. Hopefully, all of the info his followers want/need.

I'm taking a well needed time out from here. I truly need to bask in the beauty of Muskoka. smiling smiley

Hoping all works out well for all fans.

CE smoking smiley

Hi cocaine eyes, you mind dropping me an email, would like to pick your mind? No longer about LA show though, decided too risky flying down from Alaska for a show shaping up to be invite only. Thx smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:21

It is all over the city... The Rolling Stones at the Fonda Theatre Wed May 20. This thread is soon two months old and it is dedicated to the special LA show so we are getting closer to all the facts. Check out the latest official news tomorrow morning at 10am Los Angeles time, see the IORR News:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:35

Wait....what? did a bunch of pages just disappear in this thread?

Date: May 18, 2015 08:26

Landed in LA this evening... gonna hang around the Fonda Theatre and catch the "Twitter event" from that neck of the woods... just in case.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:47

Me too.
Arrived at Hollywood. Fonda theatre is 15 mins walk from here but 10 hours economy class window seat trip made me exhausted.

See you tomorrow morning, guys.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home