Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 65
Re: May We Have A 'Special-Gigs-Non-Stadium-Tour' Thread For 2015?
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:06

Cocaine Eyes
ETA:

Be on the alert for a POSSIBLE warm-up gig somewhere in LA on the 20th. It would be a rather small venue but worth it. Again - God willing; no SNAFUS; no FUBARS.
cool smiley

Smaller than the Fonda Theatre? winking smiley

Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:06

benroyblenkle
The Fonda is booked on the 20th by Shakey Graves and the Barrs Brothers

Usually I hate that kind of "indie folk" but this band has some potential: great sense of instrumentation and nice blues vibes.

Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:19

benroyblenkle
yeah there were celebs invited like Clinton

I wonder what would the young Keef think of this... I hope Morrissey will never suck up politicians after we've heard him sing "Margaret on the Guillotine", and "World Peace Is None of Your Business"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-11 22:24 by ChelseaGirls.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:41

Cristiano Radtke
Cocaine Eyes
ETA:

Be on the alert for a POSSIBLE warm-up gig somewhere in LA on the 20th. It would be a rather small venue but worth it. Again - God willing; no SNAFUS; no FUBARS.
cool smiley

Smaller than the Fonda Theatre? winking smiley

Isn't the Fonda Theatre a bit smaller than Massey Hall? Massey Hall holds 2,700 people. I thought the Fonda holds just under 2,000 people.

I could very easily be wrong, but yes......I was thinking smaller than the Fonda. More like Palais Royale which legally holds about 700 people.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:44

The smaller the venues you think of, the more possibilities there are...

Date: May 11, 2015 23:29

Thanks, CE. Any info regarding this (these?) warm-up gig(s) is highly appreciated. smiling smiley

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:32

this is happening right now in LA could it be??? is it Possible? (its unusual for the Dolby)
saw it on my casting page

1:45PM RUSH CALL - Celebrity Concert! Read parking details CAREFULLY!! 1:45PM DOLBY THEATRE RUSH CALL Television $40/3 Check Yes No Union Affiliation 5/11/2015
Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 - 50
RUSH CALL Audience for DOLBY THEATRE at 1:45PM TODAY! Pays $40/3 Check....HUGE HUGE CELEBRITY BANDS!! BIG BIG NAMES!! BUT....BUT PARKING NOT PAID FOR!! .READ THIS CAREFULLY. They are NOT providing parking!!! And there is VERY limited parking in the area, IF AT ALL. Your option is to park at the HOLLYWOOD HIGHLAND structure, take a ticket.. and get it validated at a shop afterwards.. You LIKELY will STILL have to pay $15 for parking at the end of the day. They WILL NOT reimburse you. AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:58

1200 for the Fonda.....having been there, I would say that is about right.

Date: May 12, 2015 00:01

it could be them plus an opener or 2--could be wotrth checking out--I cant get over theree--Ive seen castings like this before where they pay a few background from LA Casting and then recruit people from the street with flyers or by mouth---as its about to happen
But if they are trying to fill the Dolby theatre right nowthere is probably a Production assistant outside trying to get people to come on in for free
this listing showed up as a rush call--so they need people--last resort will be to pull people in off the street...

this is happening right now in LA could it be??? is it Possible? (its unusual for the Dolby)
saw it on my casting page

1:45PM RUSH CALL - Celebrity Concert! Read parking details CAREFULLY!! 1:45PM DOLBY THEATRE RUSH CALL Television $40/3 Check Yes No Union Affiliation 5/11/2015
Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 - 50
RUSH CALL Audience for DOLBY THEATRE at 1:45PM TODAY! Pays $40/3 Check....HUGE HUGE CELEBRITY BANDS!! BIG BIG NAMES!! BUT....BUT PARKING NOT PAID FOR!! .READ THIS CAREFULLY. They are NOT providing parking!!! And there is VERY limited parking in the area, IF AT ALL. Your option is to park at the HOLLYWOOD HIGHLAND structure, take a ticket.. and get it validated at a shop afterwards.. You LIKELY will STILL have to pay $15 for parking at the end of the day. They WILL NOT reimburse you. AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Date: May 12, 2015 00:15

false alarm it's f****** American Idol sorry everyone I had my hopes up

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:22

benroyblenkle
false alarm it's f****** American Idol sorry everyone I had my hopes up

a good way to check these possible leads is to search on twitter for the venue name. the minute something happens it will be up on twitter.

Date: May 12, 2015 00:52

yep sorry for the false alarm it was @#$%& American Idol at the Dolby
pfffft!
I'm on STONES high tactical alert; so any unusual taping or pop up gig---or if I see crew assemling out side a venue my alarm goes off-----
I need a big chill pill
BB

cotton headedninn me! I called Dolby and they told me what it was
but I had allready jumped the gun!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:33

This may have been mentioned before, but the fact that a venue is booked for a particular date means nothing - the Echoplex WAS booked for the night of the 2013 surprise Stones gig - the band originally scheduled to play that evening even tweeted about getting bumped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 02:34 by Plink.

Date: May 12, 2015 03:12

Wow never knew that..sort of rude but its the real world s*** happens.....so in that case it really could be anywhere they feel like I'm sure it's already been decided....and those people that do know at this point... boy they sure can hold water

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 12, 2015 03:27

^^^
Found the tweet from the band booted from the Echoplex in 2013, New Build: [twitter.com]

Here's a bit more on the subject from [www.jaminthevan.com]

...New Build was supposed to play at the Echoplex along with the rest of the days BritWeek performers, however, the Stones, thinking they’re special, which they are, decided they wanted to disrupt all of that as well as a good chunk of Los Angeles, by playing a surprise show at The Echoplex. Surprisingly, the venue liked the idea of a Rolling Stones pop up show, and so BritWeek was moved to the First Unitarian Church...

Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:03

No need for two threads about the LA special show(s). It is all here, and in case you can't find this thread, it is easily linked up from the sticky Zip Code thread with links to every city including LA.

Bjornulf

Posted by: the2000man ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:07

Not sure if this has been covered already, but sharing in case it's of any help. I was about the 14th person in line outside The El Rey in 2013 - that's where tickets were given out for the show at the Echoplex. I had gotten there very early in the morning. They gave everyone in line a numbered ticket, then drew a number out of a hat, and that # became the front of the line for concert tickets. In other words, lining up early didn't give you any advantage. I have no info about whether they'll do it that way this year or not, but just something to be aware of.

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 12, 2015 06:07

that is true. i heard about it on the radio and sent a buddy who lived by there to check it out. he was totally late and got into the show!!!!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 12, 2015 07:14

ChelseaGirls
benroyblenkle
The Fonda is booked on the 20th by Shakey Graves and the Barrs Brothers

Usually I hate that kind of "indie folk" but this band has some potential: great sense of instrumentation and nice blues vibes.

Hey ChelseaGirls you're not by chance a big Elliott Smith fan are you? winking smiley

peace

Date: May 12, 2015 13:39

bv
No need for two threads about the LA special show(s). It is all here, and in case you can't find this thread, it is easily linked up from the sticky Zip Code thread with links to every city including LA.

confused smiley

Let's hope BV passes on the info. In plenty of time for people to get to where it's happening. I wasn't only referring to LA........but......eye rolling smiley

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 12, 2015 22:37

yes BV where is the LA secret show/taping gonna be? no real reason you cant tell us, we are the IORR peeps come on brother let us know so we can relax!smiling smiley

Date: May 12, 2015 22:46

Cocaine Eyes
Let's hope BV passes on the info. In plenty of time for people to get to where it's happening. I wasn't only referring to LA........but......eye rolling smiley

benroyblenkle
yes BV where is the LA secret show/taping gonna be? no real reason you cant tell s, we are the IORR peeps come on brother let us know so we can relax!smiling smiley

confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 22:55 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:48

Yeah, posting it here a few days ahead sure would make things quite relaxing eye rolling smiley

Date: May 12, 2015 22:53

Cocaine Eyes
bv

confused smiley

CE smoking smiley

Not sure why you are still testing bv's merging skills CE, you obviously know what's what by now. winking smiley That being said, I'm sure many would just appreciate your telling what you know instead of just declaring that you do. Not sure what your motivation is...perhaps just trying to get someone else to provide the info? Anyway hoping for some updated info soon. smoking smiley

peace

Date: May 12, 2015 23:02

Naturalust:

It's simple - people who are 'on the inside' (for lack of a better term) are asked NOT to NAME PLACES prior to gig day. I will never cross that line.

That said, the Stones do love publicity and encourage us to drop hints, etc.

My MOTIVATION = to help all fans see the shows and have a good time.

Plain and simple.

CE smoking smiley

PS. About merging threads - you're right, I've given up. No sense in fighting a losing battle. We'd rather read threads about Keith's pants/shirts/toothpaste/pyjamas.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:08

Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust:

It's simple - people who are 'on the inside' (for lack of a better term) are asked NOT to NAME PLACES prior to gig day. I will never cross that line.

That said, the Stones do love publicity and encourage us to drop hints, etc.

Plain and simple.

CE smoking smiley

PS. About merging threads - you're right, I've given up. No sense in fighting a losing battle. We'd rather read threads about Keith's pants/shirts/toothpaste/pyjamas.

OK I kind of get it...you are now officially part of the PR machine. winking smiley

peace

Date: May 12, 2015 23:11

Cocaine Eyes

Plain and simple.

CE smoking smiley

I hope you still have the same motivation on the day of this possible warm-up gig. Your inside infos are very welcome. smiling smiley

Date: May 12, 2015 23:48

I live at Hoover and Olympic and I sure hope the day the "secret show" happens I have gotten some clues and get to where I gotta be! been listening since I was 9 years old and Im 55 now---think that puts me in with the in crowd....the stones have been the soundtrack to mylife

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 23:51 by benroyblenkle.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:55

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 13, 2015 00:24

If they do a warmup show in LA next Wednesday, which makes sense. They'll want to do it on a bigger stage then a small club, as they are rehearsing a stadium show, so Mick wants to get that feel. So a theater with a fairly large stage would be likely, especially if they are filming it for a video.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home