Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 65
Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:41

I'd like to hear something about those gigs now please

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:44

It'd be cool if they played Dead Flowers with (don't laugh) Ke$ha

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 10, 2015 18:49

superpenguin
It'd be cool if they played Dead Flowers with (don't laugh) Ke$ha

[www.youtube.com]

That would be very cool, and I'm not laughing, although isn't she having some kind of problems lately?

Date: April 10, 2015 18:50

But..let' focus on the gigs first

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:35

Father Ted
stonesrule
Did some further checking as I began to fear for safety re Downtown motels/hotels. A friend who is a cop just told me, "DON't let your pals stay downtown. It's pickpocket city...just like Hollywood Blvd."

The Bevonshire motel is an old but trustworthy place to stay in a fine location
on Beverly Blvd. near Fairfax. Close to the very trendy "Grove," a mall for people with money but great atmosphere and also to the long loved Farmer's Market with many choices of good food and on the #14 Bus route which covers
a lot of worthwhile bus stops and goes all the way to downtown.

I called "John" who runs the place. One bed is 80 dollars. Two bedded room
under $100...all depends on how busy they are or it could go up a bit You can find them on the web. Likely to be very busy by early May. It will be SAFE and he did not get pushy.

Just don't carry valuables out with you. The same rules apply in every big city. And try avoid looking like a tourist!

This is crazy. The Ritz Carlton is downtown and has 1000's of high rollers stay there with their fat wallets. You have nothing to fear. It's just like any other city. be smart when you go out.

The Stones aren't going to play downtown anyway, unless its the Nokia theater. All the other venues are not downtown.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:31

Any word on whether a rumored LA show is still happening? Or should I give up hope and aim for San Diego?

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:00

I'm still bummed out that there appears to be no Stadium show in Los Angeles's future crossing my fingers I hear about the secret show when it happens and make it there this time I missed it when they did the Echoplex

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:28

There's still that May 27 date open, as well as the rumoured club/theatre show on the 20th.

Date: April 16, 2015 09:30

eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 09:32 by benroyblenkle.

Date: April 17, 2015 03:16

it could be any time in may up to the night before they do san diego
as well as the night after san diego up to the night brefore the 30th
its anyones guess

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:29

Gfmsoccer
This is crazy. The Ritz Carlton is downtown and has 1000's of high rollers stay there with their fat wallets. You have nothing to fear. It's just like any other city. be smart when you go out.

True but most folks staying at the Ritz are using limo services from the front entrance way to go anywhere. It's nice to stay at places where you can truly walk around a bit and get to know the area. I wouldn't pick downtown LA as one of those areas. I've never stayed there but been through there plenty of times when I lived in LA.

peace

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:36

Justin
That would certainly be the only guest spot we could truly appreciate on one of these songs.

100% agreed! Marianne would be the stand-out exception. Her live versions of Sister Morphine have always been utterly mesmerizing. But she was clearly suffering from her physical ailments when I last saw her in late 2014, so she is unfortunately an unlikely guest for that reason alone, though hopefully she has improved since then.

Date: April 18, 2015 23:41

I don't care how many times they played Los Angeles last time they were here ----I just think its really messed up they are not doing a Stadium show in Los Angeles.....Last Stadium show here was in 06 at Dodger Stadium right before Thanksgiving.....the stones are so much more fun outdoors Than indoors....I would rather be outdoors with them and 50 thousand other people than indoors and with them and 500 people

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:49

I'm in Irvine on business - Yup I will jump at any reheasal event.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:32

benroyblenkle
ng.....the stones are so much more fun outdoors Than indoors....I would rather be outdoors with them and 50 thousand other people than indoors and with them and 500 people

Unfortunately that's true, since it's more about the spectacle than the music now.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:46

benroyblenkle
I don't care how many times they played Los Angeles last time they were here ----I just think its really messed up they are not doing a Stadium show in Los Angeles.....Last Stadium show here was in 06 at Dodger Stadium right before Thanksgiving.....the stones are so much more fun outdoors Than indoors....I would rather be outdoors with them and 50 thousand other people than indoors and with them and 500 people

I went to that Dodger Stadium show too, but if cost wasn't an issue I would prefer indoors with 500. That said, I'll see them anywhere I can.
I understand the frustration and annoyance at being left out of the itinerary but when I think of all the times I've driven for a couple of hours to L.A. for a concert, it's really nice that I won't have to this time.

Date: April 19, 2015 02:05

in 2005 I flew to Oakland and went to SBC park now called AT&T Park to see them with Everclear and Metallica the bigger bang tour a few days before that I had seen them at the Hollywood Bowl it was still the bigger bang tour at Dodger Stadium in 06. and I saw the show at the Forum in March of 06
the bigger bang tour went on and on and on...
does anyone remember how they announced the Echoplex Secret Show was it on a local radio station here...or a website I just remember everybody had to line up at the El Rey to get wristbands and then go to The echoplex by the time the wristbands Were being given out it was all over the local TV stations I wonder how it will go down this time

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 19, 2015 02:35

A club show would probably be schedueled with the allowance of 3 days before and
Three days after to protect Mick's voice. So besides 3 days prior to the tour
or three days after the tour, there would need to be a minimum of a 6 day gap
In the known tour schedule for any additional show. Of course you never know..?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 19, 2015 06:17

Grrregory tweeted the announcement was coming last time around. Was seven days before opener I believe..

This time seven days before opener they will likely be attending/playing at the Billboards awards show in Vegas on the 17th... I'm planning on showing up a week early in LA before opener... but fear I may be too late for rehearsals or opener.

From here:

Date: April 27, 2013 20:20

Scene at the @elreytheatre in LA for the just announced @RollingStones gig TONIGHT at Echoplex! Photo by @3po1nt0 pic.twitter.com/XOzc8670wQ

The Rolling Stones announce a Los Angeles warm-up show, TONIGHT!

Holy shit! The Rolling Stones are playing the Echoplex tonight! Yes, you read that correctly — the Rolling Stones are playing one of the most underground and intimate venues in East Hollywood, in the little hood of Echo Park. This news is even hard for us to swallow.

Yesterday, the Rolling Stones Tweeted “If you’re not following @GRRRegory already, now is a good time to start! The Rolling Stones’ GRRRilla has exciting news for you.” After that, the big fat gorilla known as @GRRRegory was dropping hints all day long:

“Saturday morning and you’ll see me down the park … Bout 12 ‘o’ clock you’ll see me in the road,Telling everybody where the boys all go”

“On Saturday night she bass-a-dee…She stepping high on Frederick’s Street …Dance, dance, little sister, dance”

“Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California … And next week they’d say my prayer on the radio … And all my dreams would come true”

“Grrrreat things are brewing! Watch this space at 12.30pm PT tomorrow for some news… #Stones50?

In October, the Rolling Stones played a $20 intimate warm-up show to kick off their 50 & Counting Tour in Paris. What better way for the Rolling Stones to kick off their North American 50 & Counting tour, than with a warm-up show in Los Angeles.

Tickets to the Rolling Stones at the Echoplex will go on sale at the El Rey at noon!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2015 06:43

MisterDDDD
Grrregory tweeted the announcement was coming last time around. Was seven days before opener I believe..

This time seven days before opener they will likely be attending/playing at the Billboards awards show in Vegas on the 17th... I'm planning on showing up a week early in LA before opener... but fear I may be too late for rehearsals or opener.

I'm coming to LA 8 days before the San Diego concert. I hope I'm not too late for the possible "surprise" concert, too. smiling smiley

Date: April 27, 2015 22:21

LOS ANGELES LOS ANGELES LOS ANGELESspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beerthumbs upsmiling bouncing smileycool smileytongue sticking out smileygrinning smileysmiling smiley>grinning smiley<

Date: April 27, 2015 22:49

For all you LA fans, they most likely will arrive in a week in LA. Probably rehearse where they did last time (Burbank?). Also, they will definitely do a tune-up gig. probably a club or theater with little advance notice.

Also, I think they will do a dress rehearsal on their new stage at Petco Park the day before the opener. Mick is a control freak and will want to test out all the logistics before the opening show.

While they might "appear" at the Billboard Awards show, they could just do a live feed from their rehearsal space in LA. I doubt the whole band would fly to Vegas just for a quick appearance.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 27, 2015 23:16

If the Stones follow the same pattern as they did in 2013, then they will not rehearse on the weekends. If any of you are traveling to L.A. and will be in town the weekend of the 16th and want to do a meet-up, let me know.

Date: April 28, 2015 01:31

BluzDude
If the Stones follow the same pattern as they did in 2013, then they will not rehearse on the weekends. If any of you are traveling to L.A. and will be in town the weekend of the 16th and want to do a meet-up, let me know.

You're right, I expect they'll follow same pattern as 2013. They seemed to like that, and they are creatures of habit. I'm not sure they need 2 weeks of rehearsal for this tour, but who knows, maybe they'll do some other stuff while in LA.

Whoever in the LA fan group figures out the site and rehearsal pattern, let us know. I'd like to check it out. If you see 4 blacked out SUV's driving in a row, that's them!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 28, 2015 04:00

BluzDude
If any of you are traveling to L.A. and will be in town the weekend of the 16th and want to do a meet-up, let me know.

I'm coming to LA on May 15, so I'm in! smileys with beer

Date: April 28, 2015 22:57

smiling bouncing smileyI live at pico and hoover near DTLA my eyes and ears are on alert 24-7 at this point
I will share anything I find out----Im sure there are many others here in LA also on Stones watch!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beer>grinning smiley<smiling bouncing smileyeye popping smileysmoking smileysmiling smileymoody smileygrinning smileytongue sticking out smileycool smiley

Date: April 28, 2015 23:15

Please keep this in mind, while it is not for me to speak for bv, I know it has been policy of this forum not to share information, such as exact rehearsal location, on this board.

Date: April 29, 2015 23:10

I will share secret show information I don't give a hoot about rehearsals that's Their
private time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-29 23:13 by benroyblenkle.

Date: May 1, 2015 11:45

Why do the Stones come out of rehearsals and sign autographs for the fans listening on the sidewalks if its a big secret? They're 70 years old, they don't give a @#$%& who knows where they are rehearsing. They've got the best security in the business. We all know what songs they are going to do, that's no mystery.

Date: May 1, 2015 11:52

Like This?

It's bv's policy and his website, I respect his wishes. If you research some of the discussions from 2 years ago, he explains why.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home