Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 65 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 22:45

drbryant
plqmule
Just looking over the setlists.
Other than the 2 club shows, Sway, I Got The Blues and Sister Morphine have not been played on the big stage yet.
Ya think they'll surface at one of the last 3 shows??

I think I got the stats right. cool smiley

Los Angeles - All 10 songs from Sticky Fingers

San Diego - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Brown Sugar

Solana Beach - I Got The Blues, Brown Sugar

Columbus - Bitch, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar

Minneapolis - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Dallas - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Atlanta - Can't You Hear Me Knockin, You Gotta Move, Brown Sugar

Orlando - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Nashville - Bitch, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, Brown Sugar

Pittsburgh - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Milwaukee - Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Kansas City - Bitch, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar

Raleigh - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Indianapolis - Wild Horses, Bitch, Brown Sugar

Detroit - ??

Buffalo - ??

Quebec - ??

1) Brown Sugar -14
2) Sway -1
3) Wild Horses -5
4) Can't You Hear Me Knockin -4
5) You Gotta Move -2
6) Bitch -11
7) I Got The Blues -2
8) Sister Morphine -1
9) Dead Flowers -2
10) Moonlight Mile -8

Of those three, I am afraid only "Sway" has a shot, and that's not that big a deal. They played it quite a bit on the Bigger Bang tour as I recall. As for IGTB and SM, I think that Mick doesn't feel they go over well live (he pretty much said that in a recent interview. I guess we should be thankful that they decided to take Moonlight Mile out of cold storage, and they actually do such a great job on it. It has a great vibe in a live setting, similar to Memory Motel, which I also wish they would play more.

i am so thankful you gotta move was played.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:53

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
There's some news today on Brazilian press claiming that the SA Tour will be postponed - again. I'm not sure how reliable that info is, but perhaps (my guess, only) it has something to do with the Pearl Jam concerts here which will happen almost at the same time, so that would be a problem regarding the ticket sales.

I doubt the Pearl Jam shows have much to do with it, but maybe. My guess is it just take more time to grease all the palms necessary to make a SA tour happen. I love SA but business down there is a whole different ball game than business in NA. Corruption and pay offs are generally par for the course and an accepted part of doing business. Mexico is worse of course but SA isn't immune.

Those news I mentioned here last Tuesday were the first ones I read about this rumoured postponement and they were not exactly clear about the reasons of it - and even now that subject remains very unclear, so that's why my guess at that time was that the PJ concerts could have something to do, although it couldn't be the main reason, of course. Every Stones gig (not to mention a whole tour) is a big business as we know it, and there's always some details about that which we'll never know.

Personally speaking, at the same time I think this rumoured postponement it's upsetting (it's almost 10 years without a RS concert in SA), on another point of view I see it as a chance to make better arrangements for everybody who's willing to come here to see them. smiling smiley

Well that snap from Show Review's, 2006-1 Rio, being on one of those boats makes me wonder what my future is in November. A Stones show from a boat?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 12, 2015 12:59

So I guess this is all coming to an end, again, but it has been so fun.

I looked back and it was March 15th when the billboards went up teasing that the following Tuesday, or was it Thursday that shows would be announced. Like the alien ships parked around cities in that movie, the billboards teased something, but nothing would be solid until it was solid... and then that delay.. and hoping and hoping AND THEN BOOM!!! AND BOOM!!! AND BOOM!!!

Then it was solid with dates set!! And then tickets were purchased (or shows were zeroed in on) and we then waited and waited. Then the quiet rehearsals, no news on what was being played. Then the Fonda show..... and then San Diego and periscope for the first time ever made it possible to hear EVERY show live from home... THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Then tick tick tick.... show by show.... they all came and went and The Stones played so good, it was as much fun as I have had in al omng time. I felt like a kid at Christmas. I am/was so happy I am not a jaded seen them too many times naysayer, it is so fun to still be thrilled with it all... and they have so many GREAT songs.. and they came back!!!! THEY CAME BACK!!!

It has been a thrilling 4 months with something to look forward to all the time, but now... sad smiley just one more show... and then it will all be over, again. BUT IT SURE WAS FUN!!!

THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!! PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:50

Best tour ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:22

I'm thinking a one off NYC show is not in the works. The second these guys are done band and crew will take off for a well earned holiday.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:27

powerage78
Best tour ever.

Ticket buying public wise a lot of people were entertained. And they did go to parts of the country that hadn't seen them in almost ten years. As a jaded, long time fan, I'm grinning at how they got over again. This was a Sticky Fingers Tour where they played the album (unless there's a miracle in Quebec, care to bet?) a total of once. They never did play I Got The Blues, or Sway again, or Sister Morphine. The Fonda show will make for a decent DVD release, but that's not how we thought it was going to go. Much like we didn't think they'd treat Bill shabbily, or thought Mick Taylor would be more involved than a cameo.

In the end it was another Warhorse Tour, with just enough variety (the Detroit set) to keep them from appearing totally shameless. I'm glad for the almost million fans who got to see them. I hope they brought their children so they can say they caught a semblance of history. Now I hope they get down to South America where the populace could care less if they get the same old thing over and over. They just love them for showing up. Long live the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:53

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Gotta share this golden moment from the Pittsburgh show...fast-forward to about 3:00 to see when the magic happens!

You didn't do this right. You need to drop the "s" from "https" before you link the video. Anyway, I'll post it because it's interesting. Keith comes in early, totally perplexing Mick, who proceeds to have a terrible time getting on key - he visibly struggles through the entire first verse, going over to the backup singers, listening through his earpiece.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 21:55 by drbryant.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:38

Just saw them last night, it was a awesome show.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 13, 2015 14:29

Edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 15:06 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 13, 2015 15:44

If these were, in fact, the last North American shows, the band hit a walk-off home run.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:51

relms

I looked back and it was March 15th when the billboards went up teasing that the following Tuesday, or was it Thursday that shows would be announced. Like the alien ships parked around cities in that movie, the billboards teased something, but nothing would be solid until it was solid... and then that delay.. and hoping and hoping AND THEN BOOM!!! AND BOOM!!! AND BOOM!!!

Then it was solid with dates set!! And then tickets were purchased (or shows were zeroed in on) and we then waited and waited. Then the quiet rehearsals, no news on what was being played. Then the Fonda show..... and then San Diego and periscope for the first time ever made it possible to hear EVERY show live from home... THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Then tick tick tick.... show by show.... they all came and went and The Stones played so good, it was as much fun as I have had in al omng time. I felt like a kid at Christmas. I am/was so happy I am not a jaded seen them too many times naysayer, it is so fun to still be thrilled with it all... and they have so many GREAT songs.. and they came back!!!! THEY CAME BACK!!!

It has been a thrilling 4 months with something to look forward to all the time, but now... sad smiley just one more show... and then it will all be over, again. BUT IT SURE WAS FUN!!!

Nailed it, relms! My sentiments exactly. My own experience could not have been better: lucky dipped Columbus, went alone to Pittsburgh (row 3!!!), and Buffalo. All three weeks apart, all on Saturday nights, it has been the time of my life.

Date: July 13, 2015 22:01

jasona93
relms

Nailed it, relms! My sentiments exactly. My own experience could not have been better: lucky dipped Columbus, went alone to Pittsburgh (row 3!!!), and Buffalo. All three weeks apart, all on Saturday nights, it has been the time of my life.
3 Saturday nights Stones shows, sweet! You did it right man. smileys with beer

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 13, 2015 22:33

So far, they've played 46 different songs on the Zip Code Tour (not counting Hang on Sloopy, and including the intimate gigs at Fonda and Belly Up). Not too bad for a small tour IMO:

(I counted When The Whip twice, making the total 46, not 47)

1. Start Me Up
2. When The Whip Comes Down
3. All Down The Line
4. Sway
5. Dead Flowers
6. Wild Horses
7. Sister Morphine
8. You Gotta Move
9. Bitch
10. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
11. I Got The Blues
12. Moonlight Mile
13. Brown Sugar
14. Rock Me Baby
15. Jumping Jack Flash
16. Can't Turn You Loose
17. It's Only Rock'n Roll
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Doom & Gloom
20. Street Fighing Man
21. Honky Tonk Women
22. Slipping Away
23. Before They Make Me Run
24. Midnight Rambler
25. Miss You
26. Gimme Shelter
27. Sympathy For The Devil
28. You Can't Always Get What You Want
29. Satisfaction
30. You Got Me Rocking
31. When The Whip Comes Down
32. Crazy Mama
33. Paint It Black
34. Let's Spend The Night Together
35. Happy
36. Out of Control
37. Rocks Off
38. Some Girls
39. She's So Cold
40. Far Away Eyes
41. Champagne and Reefer
42. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
43. Beast of Burden
44. Kansas City
45. Shine a Light
46. Let it Bleed
47. Just My Imagination

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 22:34 by The Worst..

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 01:32

Now that the USA portion of the Zip Code Tour is over, what a tour it was for Midwest, and particularly Indianapolis, Stones fans (who hadn't had a show since 1994). There were 5 shows within 5 hours drive of Indianapolis and I was able to make 4 of them. Had to miss Nashville. My individual ranking:

1. Indianapolis Motor Speedway: The Rolling Stones and IMS (where I saw my first Indy 500 at age 11 in 1963 and have seen virtually everyone since then), can't get better than that. Also, standing about 10 people deep from the stage on Keith's side, crystal clear sound, 2 songs I had never heard in concert Let It Bleed and Out of Control (I missed the Bridges and No Security tours), great local references by Mick; the Andretti Autosport Rolling Stones Indy car, Tom Brady joke, handing Ronnie the winner's bottle of milk.

2. Milwaukee: 14th row seat in a small venue, Buddy Guy (the only decent opening act I saw), Moonlight Mile & CYHMK, Champagne & Reefer with Buddy Guy.

3. Detroit: Great performance, but we had an echo in our 100 level seats that hurt the sound.

4. Columbus: Great to see the second show, but our seats that I had carefully picked from TM map, turned out to be restricted view, with no Charlie, without any warning from TM. Good sound, but ancient venue, having attended Indiana University, not a big fan of Ohio Stadium.

Let's hope they tour the USA again soon, maybe arena shows?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 14, 2015 04:55

dhinkle555
Now that the USA portion of the Zip Code Tour is over, what a tour it was for Midwest, and particularly Indianapolis, Stones fans (who hadn't had a show since 1994). There were 5 shows within 5 hours drive of Indianapolis and I was able to make 4 of them. Had to miss Nashville. My individual ranking:

1. Indianapolis Motor Speedway: The Rolling Stones and IMS (where I saw my first Indy 500 at age 11 in 1963 and have seen virtually everyone since then), can't get better than that. Also, standing about 10 people deep from the stage on Keith's side, crystal clear sound, 2 songs I had never heard in concert Let It Bleed and Out of Control (I missed the Bridges and No Security tours), great local references by Mick; the Andretti Autosport Rolling Stones Indy car, Tom Brady joke, handing Ronnie the winner's bottle of milk.

2. Milwaukee: 14th row seat in a small venue, Buddy Guy (the only decent opening act I saw), Moonlight Mile & CYHMK, Champagne & Reefer with Buddy Guy.

3. Detroit: Great performance, but we had an echo in our 100 level seats that hurt the sound.

4. Columbus: Great to see the second show, but our seats that I had carefully picked from TM map, turned out to be restricted view, with no Charlie, without any warning from TM. Good sound, but ancient venue, having attended Indiana University, not a big fan of Ohio Stadium.

Let's hope they tour the USA again soon, maybe arena shows?

Congratulations! That's a nice set of shows to have seen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:46

This thread will not be sticky anymore when the tour is over Thursday. Still you may find it linked up from the Zip Code Tour pages, just use the 2015 link or the Zip Code Tour link on the home pages or other pages.

Bjornulf

Date: July 15, 2015 06:04

sad smiley

Date: July 15, 2015 19:22

Quite a nice variety on this tour. My favor set was at Atlanta but I do wish I had gotten to see the Buddy Guy guest slot...

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2015 00:19

So Columbus had the most attendees at 59k, Pitt at 54k, Indy and Buffalo around 50k?All others venues between 40-48k...They marketed this very well as they only had to play one show in lower rent venues as opposed to 2 shows in more expensive arenas. Plus, they could flex pricing at the end and basically fill up most venues at the capacity they chose to claim was a "sell out". The gross obviously was the highest of all acts touring..it seemed to work very well although I guess we will know if they tour again as the promoters must make profit in order for them to be on board again. The issue is what markets are left other than S. America?

Date: July 16, 2015 07:03

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 16, 2015 07:11

San Diego, Columbus and Raleigh for me. All real good seats within the first 5 rows. All great shows but by Raleigh, they were really hot. Played noticeably better by the end of the tour. Especially Keith.

Looking forward to more shows wherever the are. My credit card is payed off and I'm ready to do some damage to it. You hear me Mick? Take my money!!!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: July 16, 2015 07:19

This is gonna sound stupid, but what the heck - I am a big admirer of him, too...

The Stones are the Babe Ruth of Rock & Roll.

Date: July 16, 2015 08:04

josepi
This is gonna sound stupid, but what the heck - I am a big admirer of him, too...

The Stones are the Babe Ruth of Rock & Roll.

The Sultans of Swat Rock grinning smiley

Just like the Babe The Stones are still knocking the cover of the ball late in the career, they are still hitting it out of the park. I am amazed, flabbergasted.

If someone said back in 1981, "There is no rush to go see these guys, they will still be kicking ass in 2015" I would have naysayed...

BUT after all they have done and proven I dont understand how anyone can still be naysaying them. I stopped even having suggestions for them back in 95, I was amazed then how they kept being so good and today I am flabbergasted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 08:13 by relms.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:39

The Worst.
So far, they've played 46 different songs on the Zip Code Tour (not counting Hang on Sloopy, and including the intimate gigs at Fonda and Belly Up). Not too bad for a small tour IMO:

(I counted When The Whip twice, making the total 46, not 47)

1. Start Me Up
2. When The Whip Comes Down
3. All Down The Line
4. Sway
5. Dead Flowers
6. Wild Horses
7. Sister Morphine
8. You Gotta Move
9. Bitch
10. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
11. I Got The Blues
12. Moonlight Mile
13. Brown Sugar
14. Rock Me Baby
15. Jumping Jack Flash
16. Can't Turn You Loose
17. It's Only Rock'n Roll
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Doom & Gloom
20. Street Fighing Man
21. Honky Tonk Women
22. Slipping Away
23. Before They Make Me Run
24. Midnight Rambler
25. Miss You
26. Gimme Shelter
27. Sympathy For The Devil
28. You Can't Always Get What You Want
29. Satisfaction
30. You Got Me Rocking
31. When The Whip Comes Down
32. Crazy Mama
33. Paint It Black
34. Let's Spend The Night Together
35. Happy
36. Out of Control
37. Rocks Off
38. Some Girls
39. She's So Cold
40. Far Away Eyes
41. Champagne and Reefer
42. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
43. Beast of Burden
44. Kansas City
45. Shine a Light
46. Let it Bleed
47. Just My Imagination

Heres an idea. Release a dvd set like the four flicks/biggest bang sets featuring one version of every song on this tour. They could give us the fonda performance and then all the songs played on the main tour.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:52

pretty sure the screencap from their "thankyou" video demonstrates how real mick's hair is... pretty sure wigs don't have built-in receding hairlines...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 23:53 by alieb.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 17, 2015 09:24

Now that tour is over, my most lasting impression is "Midnight Rambler." I got on a roll and ended up following them for six shows (not planned): Nashville, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Raleigh, Detroit, Buffalo -- and though I always hoped for changes in the setlist, the song I found myself looking fwd to consistently, and being rocked by consistently, was Midnight Rambler.

Many great moments, from meeting new people, seeing new cities, beer... But that song and the bands performance of it, wow.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:58

It was a fantastic tour, with great setlists and a very good band. Maybe it was better than the European tour of 2014. I was in Rome last year, and I thank that the band was not strong as today. I love Sticky Fingers Live that has got, maybe, the best live version ever of Sway: Ronnie's last solo is a masterpiece, different and more direct than MT's one (that he played in 2013)

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 17:52

pepganzo
It was a fantastic tour, with great setlists and a very good band. Maybe it was better than the European tour of 2014. I was in Rome last year, and I thank that the band was not strong as today. I love Sticky Fingers Live that has got, maybe, the best live version ever of Sway: Ronnie's last solo is a masterpiece, different and more direct than MT's one (that he played in 2013)

Everything is OK. drinking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 17:53 by powerage78.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 17, 2015 18:19

Great tour, wish that I would have gone to more concerts. I was lucky to hit Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Buffalo and Quebec City.

All of them were special to me. I did each one as a mini road trip. Whereas in the past, I would just do one long vacation. So that made each trip kind of stand out.

Some memories that stand out are Bitch and MR from Columbus. Pittsburgh's Moonlight Mile. Detroit's Just My Imagination, boy what a far out tune and Tumbling Dice. Buffalo's Out Of Control and Cant You Hear Me Knocking were great! Street Fighting Man and Wild Horses for Quebec. That Wild Horses was magical.

Meet some very nice people along the way. I think Detroit, for me, stands out for being the most hospitable. Quebec City was just beautiful. Pittsburgh was a blast, just cause it's my hometown and close to my birthday.

Thank you to the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 03:32

Snoopy
Now that tour is over, my most lasting impression is "Midnight Rambler." I got on a roll and ended up following them for six shows (not planned): Nashville, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Raleigh, Detroit, Buffalo -- and though I always hoped for changes in the setlist, the song I found myself looking fwd to consistently, and being rocked by consistently, was Midnight Rambler.

Many great moments, from meeting new people, seeing new cities, beer... But that song and the bands performance of it, wow.

They tried to prove they could match the intensity of it without Taylor and came close, but the three (3) guitar attack was superior imho..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 65 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home