Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 64 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 5, 2015 02:59

Brstonesfan
........but we saw in 2012 struggle
to fill up 3 dates at Brooklyn and
Newark. NYC is no longer a Stones
town.

That is sad.....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:16

On to Detroit!!!

Keith and grandson..

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:23

MisterDDDD
On to Detroit!!!

Keith and grandson..

[twitter.com]

Nice T-shirts. cool smiley

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:25

I don't know why, but I really believe they will come back to the USA soon. I will spend insane amounts to see them in New York!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:33

MisterDDDD
On to Detroit!!!

Keith and grandson..

[twitter.com]

My grandpa, he's 75
And he keeps on dancin'
He's still alive

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:20

ATTENTION CRISTIANO RADTKE

WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU BUT CANNOT GET THROUGH ON YOUR EMAIL.

COULD YOU EMAIL ME SHALALA888@ATT.NET

stonesrule

Date: July 6, 2015 00:42

Cant wait for the next show in Detroit on Wednesday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 02:01 by relms.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 6, 2015 02:14

cmc
Brstonesfan
town.

That is sad.....

not really a struggle to fill - it was a struggle to get tickets

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 6, 2015 07:43

CloudCat
cmc
Brstonesfan
town.

That is sad.....

not really a struggle to fill - it was a struggle to get tickets

Tickets were expensive, but available. I went to all 3. The one that really was a concern was the late Brooklyn ad on. Screwed my travel plans as I had to fly in for opener (a tradition), fly back home, and then return for the Newark shows... My hotel concierge advised that they were worried it was not moving as fast as they had hoped, but as always, somehow they got it done. I think the attendance for all three shows was under 50k...2 shows at a little over 14k and I think one had 17k.
I remember saying hello to BV who obviously does not know me, and he is a real gentleman. Standing in those pits really takes a toll on the back after 6 hrs.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 7, 2015 00:21

wasn't sure whether this was new-thread worthy, but here's a bit with Grace Potter talking about performing with Mick

link

Date: July 7, 2015 20:20

There's some news today on Brazilian press claiming that the SA Tour will be postponed - again. I'm not sure how reliable that info is, but perhaps (my guess, only) it has something to do with the Pearl Jam concerts here which will happen almost at the same time, so that would be a problem regarding the ticket sales.

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:45

Just looking over the setlists.
Other than the 2 club shows, Sway, I Got The Blues and Sister Morphine have not been played on the big stage yet.
Ya think they'll surface at one of the last 3 shows??

I think I got the stats right. cool smiley

Los Angeles - All 10 songs from Sticky Fingers

San Diego - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Brown Sugar

Solana Beach - I Got The Blues, Brown Sugar

Columbus - Bitch, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar

Minneapolis - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Dallas - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Atlanta - Can't You Hear Me Knockin, You Gotta Move, Brown Sugar

Orlando - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Nashville - Bitch, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, Brown Sugar

Pittsburgh - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Milwaukee - Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Kansas City - Bitch, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar

Raleigh - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Indianapolis - Wild Horses, Bitch, Brown Sugar

Detroit - ??

Buffalo - ??

Quebec - ??

1) Brown Sugar -14
2) Sway -1
3) Wild Horses -5
4) Can't You Hear Me Knockin -4
5) You Gotta Move -2
6) Bitch -11
7) I Got The Blues -2
8) Sister Morphine -1
9) Dead Flowers -2
10) Moonlight Mile -8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 02:18 by plqmule.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 00:59

cmc
Brstonesfan
town.

That is sad.....

Guess the Great Recession didn't effect your wallet huh?

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:01

Song vote just went up

Street Fighting Man
Rocks Off
When Whip Comes Down
Get Off My Cloud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 02:07 by Snoopy.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:22

two4fun111
cmc
Brstonesfan
town.

That is sad.....

Guess the Great Recession didn't effect your wallet huh?

I am not sure why my wallet entered this conversation. Possibly my statement was vague? Reading "NYC is no longer a Stones town", made me feel sad in a way. To me, NYC and the Stones go hand in hand. NYC, in my opinion, is the Stones U.S. Headquarters.

That is the meaning behind, "That is sad."

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 07:26

It is very sad to see U2 playing 8 nights at MSG and the Stones would have a tough time selling out 2. NYC was, indeed, the #1 Stones town from 69-2003, but things have changed.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2015 07:28

How long before this is called the Great Sticky Fingers Swindle Tour? We thought we were going to get huge chunks of rare Sticky Fingers, and now it's clear we didn't. They used it to promote what has really been just one more Greatest Hits tour. Just like the Great Mick Taylor Swindle Tour.

Date: July 8, 2015 11:00

How long before this tour is called the BEST TOUR OF 2015? We (most of us, most of us non-grumpy-dumpsters) hoped they would come across and play the secondary markets, and they did!!! And they played great shows with great Stones style to rave reviews! What a treat for eveyone who actually went to shows.

And another thing I will always remember THE STONES 2015 ZIP CODE TOUR was for popping my periscope cherry, all the shows I could not attend, I still got to enjoy hearing them live.

It has been like Stones Christmas for the last 3-4 months, from the rumors to the live shows, it has been a GAS GAS GAS!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:45

If they decide to do a few more shows why not do a few on the west coast which missed out like Vancvouver, Seattle and don't forget Mick in Victoria, BC there is a fairly new arena there.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 9, 2015 05:45

Brstonesfan
It is very sad to see U2 playing 8 nights at MSG and the Stones would have a tough time selling out 2. NYC was, indeed, the #1 Stones town from 69-2003, but things have changed.

Brstonesfan, I know you're a big fan, but I have no idea where you get your information. The reality for someone who actually bought tickets is as follows:

The Stones shows in 2012 at Newark sold out very quickly, and the secondary market was among the hottest I have ever seen. Upper deck seats were in the $500 range and there was nothing anywhere on the floor below $1000. Tongue pit tickets were not available at any price. I was finally able to purchase tickets when the cameras were set up for the show and seats were made available through ticketmaster in the first 5-10 rows on the sides of the stage cameras. I paid face value of $825.

The U2 shows in New York initially looked like a disaster for U2. They put the first two shows up for sale and they sold slowly. As they released the additional shows, large sections of seats in the 200 sections were reduced in price from $312 to $118. My seats on July 26 in the 5th row of Section 225 were $118, as are my seats on July 27 in the first row of Section 209. Those same seats were priced at $312 for the first two shows. Thanks to tremendous reviews and word of mouth (the new U2 show is a great show), these shows eventually all sold out.

There is no question in my mind that in the US, at least, it is far easier to find a decent seat for U2 than the Stones. On June 6, I was in LA and could have flown to either Dallas to see the Stones or Denver to see U2. I worked at it for a few days, and secondary market tickets for the Stones were very expensive and the best seats were unavailable. There were no decent "ticket drops". The U2 show was also sold out, but secondary market seats were cheap. I paid $250 or so, and was 8 rows up on the side risers near the B-Stage (less than face value). Here's my video from June 6.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 05:54 by drbryant.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2015 07:12

U2 playing 8 nights at MSG and the Stones would have a tough time selling out 2.

That just simply proves that boring people out number the cool of this planet

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:11

Cristiano Radtke
There's some news today on Brazilian press claiming that the SA Tour will be postponed - again. I'm not sure how reliable that info is, but perhaps (my guess, only) it has something to do with the Pearl Jam concerts here which will happen almost at the same time, so that would be a problem regarding the ticket sales.

I doubt the Pearl Jam shows have much to do with it, but maybe. My guess is it just take more time to grease all the palms necessary to make a SA tour happen. I love SA but business down there is a whole different ball game than business in NA. Corruption and pay offs are generally par for the course and an accepted part of doing business. Mexico is worse of course but SA isn't immune.

Date: July 9, 2015 18:48

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke

I doubt the Pearl Jam shows have much to do with it, but maybe. My guess is it just take more time to grease all the palms necessary to make a SA tour happen. I love SA but business down there is a whole different ball game than business in NA. Corruption and pay offs are generally par for the course and an accepted part of doing business. Mexico is worse of course but SA isn't immune.

Those news I mentioned here last Tuesday were the first ones I read about this rumoured postponement and they were not exactly clear about the reasons of it - and even now that subject remains very unclear, so that's why my guess at that time was that the PJ concerts could have something to do, although it couldn't be the main reason, of course. Every Stones gig (not to mention a whole tour) is a big business as we know it, and there's always some details about that which we'll never know.

Personally speaking, at the same time I think this rumoured postponement it's upsetting (it's almost 10 years without a RS concert in SA), on another point of view I see it as a chance to make better arrangements for everybody who's willing to come here to see them. smiling smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:56

Rockman
U2 playing 8 nights at MSG and the Stones would have a tough time selling out 2.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:57

Brstonesfan

I really don't care about MSG and multiple nights. The Stones are together and touring and the best live rock band currently in 2015, that is all I care about!! Shuffling off to Buffalo tomorrow am, whoohoo!!

Date: July 9, 2015 20:25

Rockman

I'm not sure if brstonesfan has an agenda or not, but many of his posts dealing with ticket sales seem to have no actual support. The Stones in 2012 sold out three shows in the New York area, capacity 13,500 or so per show. Each show grossed over $7 million, with an average ticket price exceeding $500. my guess is that the U2 shows in New York will gross around $3 million per show, although with the drastic reduction in ticket prices for 6 of the 8 shows, the final tally might be south of that. Translated, the Stones will probably end up having grossed nearly as much for their three NY area shows as U2 will from its eight shows in 2015. I don't think that's a good thing and don't think it matters frankly, but just in case anyone is interested.

I would add that personally, I didn't like those 2012 shows. An elitist feel to the proceedings, dotted with celebrities, investment bankers and older Stones fans attending solo because prices were too high to take the wife or kids. I much prefer to see the band in a larger venue with lower ticket prices, so younger fans and families can attend - I was at Minneapolis and I thought that the atmosphere was electric, and a great show to boot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 20:35 by drbryant.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:42

relms
What a treat for eveyone who actually went to shows.

And another thing I will always remember THE STONES 2015 ZIP CODE TOUR was for popping my periscope cherry, all the shows I could not attend, I still got to enjoy hearing them live.

Did you catch the Kansas City show? I expected a raving review of that one from you.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:51

drbryant
Rockman

I'm not sure if brstonesfan has an agenda or not, but many of his posts dealing with ticket sales seem to have no actual support. The Stones in 2012 sold out three shows in the New York area, capacity 13,500 or so per show. Each show grossed over $7 million, with an average ticket price exceeding $500. my guess is that the U2 shows in New York will gross around $3 million per show, although with the drastic reduction in ticket prices for 6 of the 8 shows, the final tally might be south of that. Translated, the Stones will probably end up having grossed nearly as much for their three NY area shows as U2 will from its eight shows in 2015. I don't think that's a good thing and don't think it matters frankly, but just in case anyone is interested.

I would add that personally, I didn't like those 2012 shows. An elitist feel to the proceedings, dotted with celebrities, investment bankers and older Stones fans attending solo because prices were too high to take the wife or kids. I much prefer to see the band in a larger venue with lower ticket prices, so younger fans and families can attend - I was at Minneapolis and I thought that the atmosphere was electric, and a great show to boot.

Your point on the 2012 shows being elitist is spot on Dr Bryant and it is reflected in the structure of the tours.

In 2012 the stones created scarcity - a small number of shows - and charged a lot. Only a relatively small number of fans got to see them and they paid through the nose. If you want to charge lots of money, you need to create scarcity.

U2 did not try to create scarcity by playing a small number of shows at high ticket prices. In 2015 U2 is not only playing in front of many more people in NYC but also doing it immediately after a 4-show run in Boston. The message is: we will play on the eastern seaboard for as many people who want to come see us. The net result is that U2 will make roughly the same amount of money (we can forget U2's boston revenue for sake of simplicity), but many more people get to hear their music, and yes, the band had to work a little harder.

I think the Stones approach this time around is great. It's actually really audacious to be playing these cities - skipping the bay area completely, the NYC area completely.... totally different "feel" in terms of attitude towards fans than 2012-2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 20:55 by Turner68.

Date: July 9, 2015 22:28

plqmule
Just looking over the setlists.
Other than the 2 club shows, Sway, I Got The Blues and Sister Morphine have not been played on the big stage yet.
Ya think they'll surface at one of the last 3 shows??

I think I got the stats right. cool smiley

Los Angeles - All 10 songs from Sticky Fingers

San Diego - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Brown Sugar

Solana Beach - I Got The Blues, Brown Sugar

Columbus - Bitch, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar

Minneapolis - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Dallas - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Atlanta - Can't You Hear Me Knockin, You Gotta Move, Brown Sugar

Orlando - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Nashville - Bitch, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, Brown Sugar

Pittsburgh - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Milwaukee - Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Kansas City - Bitch, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar

Raleigh - Bitch, Moonlight Mile, Brown Sugar

Indianapolis - Wild Horses, Bitch, Brown Sugar

Detroit - ??

Buffalo - ??

Quebec - ??

1) Brown Sugar -14
2) Sway -1
3) Wild Horses -5
4) Can't You Hear Me Knockin -4
5) You Gotta Move -2
6) Bitch -11
7) I Got The Blues -2
8) Sister Morphine -1
9) Dead Flowers -2
10) Moonlight Mile -8

Of those three, I am afraid only "Sway" has a shot, and that's not that big a deal. They played it quite a bit on the Bigger Bang tour as I recall. As for IGTB and SM, I think that Mick doesn't feel they go over well live (he pretty much said that in a recent interview. I guess we should be thankful that they decided to take Moonlight Mile out of cold storage, and they actually do such a great job on it. It has a great vibe in a live setting, similar to Memory Motel, which I also wish they would play more.

Date: July 9, 2015 22:35

Gotta share this golden moment from the Pittsburgh show...fast-forward to about 3:00 to see when the magic happens!

[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4fJHDSBXmo]video[/url]]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 64 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home