Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 62 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2015 10:25

Niek

What does swag means? Google translate couldn't translate it.

If my dictionary is correct, as an adjective it's a colloquial term (slang) and means 'cool' (regarding style, behavior). There are still other meanings as a noun.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 19, 2015 11:51

MisterDDDD
Nikkei
[twitter.com]

Do your Sticky Fingers selfie and tag it with #StickyStones to win swag! http:/sf.lnk.to/2015

who else but The Rolling Stones just used the word "swag" in a sentence. This pandering becomes unbearable. It annoys me to no end.

How about quietly focussing on your YT channel which hasn't been updated since San Diego??

Good Lawd.
Ok if they breathe??

Swag.
LOTS of people use the expression. More in vogue than ever.

I thought or hoped it's popularity peaked in 2013. It's considered one of the easiest ways to announce yourself a f*cktard using only one word. Usually followed or preceded by yolo.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 19, 2015 12:31

When I was a kid a bag of swag or swag bag was a thiefs goodys.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 19, 2015 12:41

That Oxford sense of the word explains better how the Stones used it, thanks Crawdaddy.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:39

Irix
Niek

What does swag means? Google translate couldn't translate it.

If my dictionary is correct, as an adjective it's a colloquial term (slang) and means 'cool' (regarding style, behavior). There are still other meanings as a noun.

Thanks Irix. Still puzzled about the what you can win. confused smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:03

Perhaps someone is confusing swag with schwag. When touring we used to call the free stuff given out by the venues and sponsors schwag.

peace

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:40

Keep an eye open for a Stones club show in Chicago at the Metro on June 25.....

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:56

SWAG - Shit We Ain't Getting

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:59

Merch question - do the opening acts not have merch for sale?

I don't remember any in Mpls. Wouldn't mind getting some Buddy Guy stuff.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:01

Isn't swag a name for shit ty pot?

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:15

weinerdog

Kid Rock had a few things in Columbus. It was over on the one side of the inside merchandise stands.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 20, 2015 09:01

Amy340
weinerdog

Kid Rock had a few things in Columbus. It was over on the one side of the inside merchandise stands.

I saw some Gary Clark Jr. tees in San Diego.
Not at a merch trailer but inside the venue.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 20, 2015 09:39

BV, you should take all your blogs and all your photographs from all the years you've followed the Stones and put them all into a book. Your observations about the cities you've visited and about the concerts and the fans are quite perceptive.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 20, 2015 20:29

Woz
Keep an eye open for a Stones club show in Chicago at the Metro on June 25.....

Wish I was there

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: sister ()
Date: June 20, 2015 21:42

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 05:49 by sister.

Posted by: newyearforme ()
Date: June 23, 2015 22:18

I just wanted to remind people; if you buy tickets from scalpers at the door, there is a very high risk of getting ripped off. With 3D printers, it doesn't take much to make a copy of ticket. You have no way of knowing if it's a legit ticket until they tell you otherwise.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:52

Latest Rolling Stone magazine quotes Mick as saying the Stones may be looking to extend the current tour. Anyone here any more rumours

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 25, 2015 23:18

oldschool
Latest Rolling Stone magazine quotes Mick as saying the Stones may be looking to extend the current tour. Anyone here any more rumours

Hmmm, a short notice from BV comes to my mind, see for page 2 from his "Zip Code Tour 2015 Blog", at his message from June 20, 2015 06:04, just at the end:

PS. I don't want my picture taken, that is how it works, don't know why, but some times I make an exception, Argentina! Argentina! It was in Orlando I got the messages that made it even more probable with shows in South America later this year, Oct/Nov 2015 probably...

Bjornulf

Date: June 25, 2015 23:29

waterrats
oldschool

Hmmm, a short notice from BV comes to my mind, see for page 2 from his "Zip Code Tour 2015 Blog", at his message from June 20, 2015 06:04, just at the end:

PS. I don't want my picture taken, that is how it works, don't know why, but some times I make an exception, Argentina! Argentina! It was in Orlando I got the messages that made it even more probable with shows in South America later this year, Oct/Nov 2015 probably...

Bjornulf

Kind of hoping extend the tour means extend the North American Tour, a few extra shows in LA, SF, Seattle and New York would make lots of folks happy!

Date: June 26, 2015 00:00

Naturalust
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

Kind of hoping extend the tour means extend the North American Tour, a few extra shows in LA, SF, Seattle and New York would make lots of folks happy!

If North America extended there would have to be a pretty long gap just to allow for tickets to sell. Or a few smaller venues. Texas could support another show. Denver seems possible. Seattle? LA got hammered last time with shows and ticket sales were slow cant imagine them getting one. New Youk City?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:07

jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

If North America extended there would have to be a pretty long gap just to allow for tickets to sell. Or a few smaller venues. Texas could support another show. Denver seems possible. Seattle? LA got hammered last time with shows and ticket sales were slow cant imagine them getting one. New Youk City?

If more US dates should happen, then negotiations are already in full swing or even almost settled, I think.

Date: June 26, 2015 00:17

waterrats
jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

If more US dates should happen, then negotiations are already in full swing or even almost settled, I think.

Ideally announce a few more shows for late Sept, early Oct. right after this tour, then jump in the studio while they are hot and record the rumored roots record in August and September. I think a couple months is plenty of time to sell the shows. Then off to SA for some late Oct and November dates, off for Christmas holidays and then another tour of Europe in the spring. Pretty ambitious I know, but it would be a great way to please all the fans on what I truly think is the last time around the block.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 02:46

Naturalust
waterrats
jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

Ideally announce a few more shows for late Sept, early Oct. right after this tour, then jump in the studio while they are hot and record the rumored roots record in August and September. I think a couple months is plenty of time to sell the shows. Then off to SA for some late Oct and November dates, off for Christmas holidays and then another tour of Europe in the spring. Pretty ambitious I know, but it would be a great way to please all the fans on what I truly think is the last time around the block.

no new studio album. dates in south america later this year or next year. keith's album/tour might still happen later this year but i doubt it. look for smaller venues in the US.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 26, 2015 21:35

No,

I think Keiths shows for his solo album are off for this year.

Some Stones gigs in the UK in august,

They will do the south american leg from late october till half december.

Then some holidays for the band.

At the end of may 2016, they will do the European leg.

there will be No New album.

jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 27, 2015 17:57

waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

Meanwhile, in Peru:

"The Rolling Stones will play in Lima on the next November 23, according sources who are very close to the promoters. The concert will be at Estadio Nacional (National Stadium), on which 58.000 fans are expected."

[www.americatv.com.pe]-
noviembre-este-ano-n187120

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:19

waterrats
jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

We're still pushing for an Alaska show smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 27, 2015 21:13

Cristiano Radtke
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

Meanwhile, in Peru:

"The Rolling Stones will play in Lima on the next November 23, according sources who are very close to the promoters. The concert will be at Estadio Nacional (National Stadium), on which 58.000 fans are expected."

[www.americatv.com.pe]-
noviembre-este-ano-n187120

When the flaps come down.

Date: June 28, 2015 17:37

One of the things that makes me sad about this tour is the are doing so friggin' great, playing to near sell out huge crowds and putting on such fantastic performances that it might give them a reason to say "this is it for NA". sad smiley

It just would be really hard to top the job they are doing this summer and something tells me these are the performances they want to leave us with.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:41

True, and OTOH, they may want to take it further, take the roll they're on as far as it can go.

Somehow, speculating, I think they make up their minds after each leg, to do the next one, and then the next, or not.
I am happy about how they're doing now and will treasure that in any event.

Yes, I'm sorry I could only go to two shows on the Zip Code, and yet glad that I could do even those.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:47

Turner68
Naturalust
waterrats
jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
waterrats
oldschool

Bjornulf

no new studio album. dates in south america later this year or next year. keith's album/tour might still happen later this year but i doubt it. look for smaller venues in the US.

Yes probably...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 62 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home