Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 61 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 6, 2015 21:41

Niek
[4.bp.blogspot.com]

These are special made for Keith's side.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 6, 2015 23:25

Wouldn't it be nice if fans could see them in a top down convertible riding around checking out the local scenes on their tour venues- enough already with the black window tinted SUV's etc. smiling smiley

Stones On the Go With Mick in Driver's Seat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 03:38 by tauk.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 7, 2015 02:21

tauk
Niek
[4.bp.blogspot.com]

thumbs upthumbs up

Perfect

Posted by: FB ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:57

Cant wait for Orlando next week! Anybody will meet up before show somewhere in downtown? =)

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:57

BV, any rumors on the NYC Show?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:54

Niek
[4.bp.blogspot.com]

Great! And a bargain at only $600. Count me in smileys with beer

PS Naturalust – Thanks for sharing your personal collection of girlie shoes with us on the preceding page. I’ll bet you rock those hot pink steel-peep-toe numbers thumbs up

Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015 -- Cleveland?
Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:49

I wondered why they chose a Tuesday night show this week. A friend who is a pilot just sent me a pic of the Stones plane at the airport in Cleveland today... Maybe another club show?

Don't know how to post a pic from my phone, but I can send it to someone who does if anyone wants.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 05:59 by Snoopy.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 11:47

The five day gap between Orlando and Nashville indeed leaves room for speculation, but someone already said that earlier.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:19

Nikkei
The five day gap between Orlando and Nashville indeed leaves room for speculation, but someone already said that earlier.

There are only four days off between the two shows. Add another show, and there will only be one day off between two of the shows. Not enough these days.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:24

A bit of sightseeing and relaxation for the lads I reckon in between the shows.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 12, 2015 18:12

Sightseeing in Cleveland? Were they spotted at the NBA finals?

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: June 12, 2015 18:27

RS jet used by others

[www.gatorzone.com]

Thursday June 11, 2015Wonder Which Seat is Mick's?; Gators Fly on Rolling Stones' Jet to Omaha

Updated: 3:31pm, June 11

Mick Jagger stands in front of the Rolling Stones' jet they are using on their current 15-city tour of North America. (Photo: Mick Jagger's Facebook page)Mick Jagger stands in front of the Rolling Stones' jet they are using on their current 15-city tour of North America. (Photo: Mick Jagger's Facebook page)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Sometimes life throws a curveball your way that makes you shake your head and chuckle. Those are curveballs you don’t mind.

If someone had told me three months ago Florida’s baseball team was going to make it to the College World Series and travel to Omaha in the Rolling Stones’ private jet, I would have circled the date on the calendar and marked off the days like an 8-year-old waiting on Santa Claus.

No way would I miss that trip.

As an enthusiastic (but not psychotic) Stones fan, I have spent more disposable income on their music – and don’t let me forget that cool skull cap -- than probably recommended over the years. I once paid a silly sum for a rare imported CD at Bleecker Street Records in New York.

Sales clerk: “You really like the Stones, huh?”

Me: “Yeah, too much today.”

So, you can imagine my surprise Wednesday night, while picking up my wife at the Gainesville Regional Airport, at the sight of a Boeing 737-400 with the Stones’ iconic tongue logo on the runway with the doors open.

Before I could even text my wife to ask her to take an up-close photo with her iPhone, she texted me one as her plane passed the Stones’ jet on the runway.

She knows.

In fact, she will be with me at the Stones’ show Friday night at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Mick Jagger and Co.’s sixth stop on their 15-city “Zip Code Tour.”

But back to that airplane. And no folks, we’re not talking about the famous “Starship” jet the Stones chartered for their tour 40 years ago across America.

That was then:

“For the Stones, there was an added bonus: when the group leased the plane for their 1975 tour, it solved the longstanding problem of Keith Richards’s tardiness. The often comatose guitarist could now be propped up, wheeled onto the tarmac and tossed aboard the plane, where Suzee would be waiting with his favored drink, a Tequila Sunrise.” – Steve Kurutz, New York Times.

Those days have passed these 70-year-old Stones by. This is now: Rolling Stones’ private jet gets upgrade at PTI

If you’re wondering how the Gators ended up leaving for Omaha on Thursday as passengers on the Stones’ plane, more coincidence and the machinations of the charter jet business than anything else.

The Stones played at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Tuesday night, and flew to Orlando early Wednesday for their show Friday night at the Citrus Bowl. They don’t play again until next Wednesday in Nashville, so with a weekend off in Florida, the plane was bid out for other charter flights.

The Gators board their charter jet on the way to Omaha Thursday. (Note: Photo by Tim Casey may have been altered)The Gators board their charter jet on the way to Omaha Thursday. (Note: Photo by Tim Casey may have been altered)

The NCAA, in conjunction with an independent charter travel company, arranges flights for the eight schools and their traveling parties to get to Omaha. As it turns out, the Stones’ plane matched Florida’s criteria, was close by and most importantly, available.

And while, yes, it would have been cool to join the Gators today on the flight to Omaha, I will settle for seeing Mick and Keith and the boys Friday night in person. After the show, I have a 5:15 a.m. flight from Orlando to Omaha for Florida’s game against Miami on Saturday night.

In coach. Oh well.

It’s Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It).

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 21:13

Dips are back up for KC..

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:06

Their plane got Omaha'd!

Posted by: belld ()
Date: June 15, 2015 13:47

Ticket sales? Facebook post pushing sales. Numerous tickets available at every remaining venue.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:55

belld
Ticket sales? Facebook post pushing sales. Numerous tickets available at every remaining venue.
There are no tickets available for Milwaukee.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: June 16, 2015 22:22

mnewman505
belld
Good to hear.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 17, 2015 04:53

belld
mnewman505
belld
Good to hear.
Good to hear.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:12

How come there is no thread for live Nashville show up? Anyone know? Also I can't pull up a up to date page for the news page. Its most recent date is May 25th. Is maintenance being done on the site right now?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:40

751st
How come there is no thread for live Nashville show up? Anyone know? Also I can't pull up a up to date page for the news page. Its most recent date is May 25th. Is maintenance being done on the site right now?

Nashville is on the 17th.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:49

MingSubu
751st

Try a reboot. I couldn't find Nashville and realized it is tomorrow.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2015 06:00

shattered
MingSubu
751st

Try a reboot. I couldn't find Nashville and realized it is tomorrow.

Happened to me too with the Atlanta concert.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:06

OK TY. That certainly explains why. Still the News page shows last post as May 25th.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 08:24

Does anybody know if the 4th of July Indianapolis show will be recorded for a DVD release? I'm sure this question has already been asked, sorry

Date: June 17, 2015 08:45

[twitter.com]

Do your Sticky Fingers selfie and tag it with #StickyStones to win swag! http:/sf.lnk.to/2015

who else but The Rolling Stones just used the word "swag" in a sentence. This pandering becomes unbearable. It annoys me to no end.

How about quietly focussing on your YT channel which hasn't been updated since San Diego??

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:29

Any chance or rumors for added on West Coast shows for this tour? Am missing the boyz already!

Date: June 19, 2015 00:31

it's a no zip codes attached kinda deal

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:55

Already checking out airfares to Brasil.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:16

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

Do your Sticky Fingers selfie and tag it with #StickyStones to win swag! http:/sf.lnk.to/2015

who else but The Rolling Stones just used the word "swag" in a sentence. This pandering becomes unbearable. It annoys me to no end.

How about quietly focussing on your YT channel which hasn't been updated since San Diego??

Good Lawd.
Ok if they breathe??

Swag.
LOTS of people use the expression. More in vogue than ever.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 19, 2015 09:58

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

What does swag means? Google translate couldn't translate it.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 61 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home