Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:06

Naturalust wrote:

I assure you it ain't a guy thing. Plenty of tobacco chewing cowgirls in cowboy country and they all spit. It's the guys that aren't afraid to swallow that stuff! And if you've every traveled to places like Micronesia and Indonesia the women and girls all chew betel nut and spit that red juice everywhere! Every sidewalk, bus stop and public place is just littered with red spit marks.

I agree it's kind of gross, pretty shocking to see. Once when we were surfing in the Palau Islands, I was approached by this absolutely beautiful local girl. Something out of a dream. We started talking, she smiled and showed a row of red stained betel nut chewing teeth that scared the crap out of me

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To Naturalust:
Well, that settles it then...I 'll make sure I never travel to Indonesia or Micronesia or Palau Islands! LOL.

I did live in rural Nevada (Pahrump) for 6 months & in the Arizona for one year, close to Tombstone, all cowboy country. I'm glad I missed seeing spitting females.

But I feel for you having that visual shock re. that otherwise good-looking female. Yikes!eye popping smiley

Date: May 31, 2015 02:12

Crackinup
I've been to Elton John concerts where he had a bucket/spitoon next to his piano. He spit into it several times during the show.

Thanks for that info. Again, another performer who I would consider one of the least likely to spit during a concert at least! Well at least Elton planned ahead for it so it didn't have to land right smack dab on the stage as did Mick's spit.

I mean, as I watched it happen, it kind of worried me that Mick would get hurt if he stepped into his spit & possible slide a little. It would be like having a small amount of water right in center stage where he has to dance, run, skip, walk......hey, where were the stagehands/people with a mop? They probably didn't know it happened...

I know, gross...sorry readers.

During The Spit MICK=ICK! (luv ya Mick-XXXOOO)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 03:38 by tauk.

Date: May 31, 2015 02:22

Naturalust wrote:

Anyway, glad you had a great time Carolyn, I enjoyed your review.

peace
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To Naturalust:

Thanks. I know I sounded like a bluthering idiot...it was all emotion...not much of a review musically speaking--I don't know the technicalities like you & others know...just my Inner Child experiencing Brain Freeze--that's what a a lot of it was like--took several days for my brain to unfreeze & come back together again after being blown apart (in a good way of course).

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 18:03

Anyone seen this yet...???
[www.mirror.co.uk]

I think it sounds unlikely as there are currently no plans for a European tour in 2015.

Anyone heard some rumors about it?

Posted by: RS ()
Date: May 31, 2015 18:28

Better pack your bags henrik87. Seems like everyone over there is heading this way! I haven't heard anything about Europe yet...
I bet I'm the youngest fan of the Rolling Stones! I'm only 11 so...

-RS

-RS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 18:29 by RS.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:35

RS
Better pack your bags henrik87. Seems like everyone over there is heading this way! I haven't heard anything about Europe yet...

-RS

You're most likely the youngest fan posting on this board! Welcome RS.

Where are you from?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:49

henrik87
Anyone seen this yet...???
[www.mirror.co.uk]

I think it sounds unlikely as there are currently no plans for a European tour in 2015.

Anyone heard some rumors about it?

2016 is more likely !!
jeroenhot smiley

Posted by: donnacorleone ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:22

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to see any of them drive into the venue? I know people gather early to see Paul McCartney arrive and he waves to everyone. Just wondering if anything similar happens at Stones gigs? Anyone know? Thanks!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:16

More so at the hotels when they leave for the plane when people know where they stay and are buzzed from the concert. At the shows they usually arrive in black limousines
in areas you don't really have access to. This is us near the end of the European tour saying goodbye to them in Stockholm cool smiley

Posted by: donnacorleone ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:43

Oh wow. Tall barricades. :-p Did you see them then? Thanks for replying! :-)

Date: June 1, 2015 22:59

There was heavy rain right after it (and one truly scary thunder right before- seriously, ask anyone else) so it went over pretty quickly.
Only Mick signed like three albums, I believe Topi got one. His voice in real life is loud like a bullhorn. I didn't get me guitar signed, but at least a big smile from Keef.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 23:16

Nikkei
There was heavy rain right after it (and one truly scary thunder right before- seriously, ask anyone else) so it went over pretty quickly.
Only Mick signed like three albums, I believe Topi got one. His voice in real life is loud like a bullhorn. I didn't get me guitar signed, but at least a big smile from Keef.

Nikkei, is that you in the green shirt, guitar in hand?

peace

Date: June 1, 2015 23:17

Yeah I was all hyped up for it! I had met Lisa Fischer and Mick T earlier.

Date: June 2, 2015 00:42

Nikkei

Yeah you look like a happy camper man! Nice to see some young freaks represented in that Stones crowd too. The "all grown up" Stones audience always throws me for a loop. If it weren't for all the Stones wear I'd kinda find myself thinking I was at a Jimmy Buffet show or something. (Absolutely no disrespect intended)

peace

Date: June 2, 2015 00:46

Nikkei
More so at the hotels when they leave for the plane when people know where they stay and are buzzed from the concert. At the shows they usually arrive in black limousines
in areas you don't really have access to. This is us near the end of the European tour saying goodbye to them in Stockholm cool smiley

Lots of familiar faces there smiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 2, 2015 00:57

I just listened to the complete audio from the Columbus show (courtesy of the fantastic audience recording on Dime) and I am genuinely worried about how long the band can continue. I knew there would be rough spots, but this is something else. I had said in the past that A Bigger Bang was more fun to attend than to listen to boots or watch shows... I think the current tour is even more so.

I am still planning on going to Nashville, but unless Star Star or Little Queenie are in the fan vote, I will not be recording the show.

A predictable setlist is the main problem. I believe, wholeheartedly, that the band is just on cruise control. If they are incapable of playing their "Greatest Hits" setlist with any air of inspiration, then no wonder they don't take a single gamble in the setlist.

I believe the 2015 Rolling Stones are incapable of playing a Chuck Berry tune.

I think we are lucky if they can get through a set of their best hits. To that extent, I have simply lowered my expectations for what a show will entail. No Chuck Berry, no rare tunes, nothing but FM radio classics. As a 31-year-old recovering hipster who is a hardcore Stones fan, I wish so much to be a casual fan who would be content with the current Rolling Stones show.

Chicago #1 from 2013 was my last great Stones show. If Nashville in a few weeks has any air of spontaneity, I will be surprised and overjoyed. I hope they prove me wrong.

Date: June 2, 2015 01:05

Naturalust
Nikkei

Yeah you look like a happy camper man! Nice to see some young freaks represented in that Stones crowd too. The "all grown up" Stones audience always throws me for a loop. If it weren't for all the Stones wear I'd kinda find myself thinking I was at a Jimmy Buffet show or something. (Absolutely no disrespect intended)

peace

Thanks man! It was awesome to see the crowd slowly grow during the day and realizing from how many countries we came. The whole week from Stockholm to Roskilde was one great riot.

Date: June 2, 2015 02:15

angee
RS

-RS

You're most likely the youngest fan posting on this board! Welcome RS.

Where are you from?

I'm from Minnesota, going to the Stones concert on Wednesday! Thanks for commenting on my post!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 2, 2015 03:08

DandelionPowderman
Nikkei

Isn't that onlystones holding up the camera over the guy's head? (left side rear)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2015 03:47

cmc
DandelionPowderman
Nikkei

Isn't that onlystones holding up the camera over the guy's head? (left side rear)

Hahaha - I assumed he is the one who actually took this photograph from behind the barrier. cool smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 2, 2015 03:52

Welcome aboard RS.

Have a blast at the show, and be sure to give us your thoughts on it.

(min. 1500 words, due Friday smiling smiley )

Date: June 2, 2015 04:08

peoplewitheyes
Welcome aboard RS.

Have a blast at the show, and be sure to give us your thoughts on it.

(min. 1500 words, due Friday smiling smiley )

Will do. I will most likely have more than that considering it is the Stones

-RS

Date: June 2, 2015 04:32

flacnvinyl
I just listened to the complete audio from the Columbus show (courtesy of the fantastic audience recording on Dime) and I am genuinely worried about how long the band can continue. I knew there would be rough spots, but this is something else. I had said in the past that A Bigger Bang was more fun to attend than to listen to boots or watch shows... I think the current tour is even more so.

I am still planning on going to Nashville, but unless Star Star or Little Queenie are in the fan vote, I will not be recording the show.

A predictable setlist is the main problem. I believe, wholeheartedly, that the band is just on cruise control. If they are incapable of playing their "Greatest Hits" setlist with any air of inspiration, then no wonder they don't take a single gamble in the setlist.

I think we are lucky if they can get through a set of their best hits. To that extent, I have simply lowered my expectations for what a show will entail. No Chuck Berry, no rare tunes, nothing but FM radio classics. As a 31-year-old recovering hipster who is a hardcore Stones fan, I wish so much to be a casual fan who would be content with the current Rolling Stones show.

Chicago #1 from 2013 was my last great Stones show. If Nashville in a few weeks has any air of spontaneity, I will be surprised and overjoyed. I hope they prove me wrong.

Whew. I kind of know how you feel. I can only say it still worked in Petco Park. Not as much for the spontaneity but for other factors, like how happy and good vibed they seemed, how they actually seemed to rock they standards with enough wobble to keep it interesting, for how good the guitars sounded and of course for Moonlight Mile. I think Columbus was somehow different for alot of reasons not the least of which is they got a bit too comfortable and set the "cruise control" as you suggest.

I hope for your sake and everybody in Nashville's that they will try hard to please that highly musical crowd and that you will experience what I did in San Diego, a feeling that they can still provide a great show and are nowhere near the end. To set the cruise control in front of that Music City crowd would indeed be a mistake. Definitely should have a better idea after the next few shows though.

Hoping they rip a Chuck Berry tune and bring your spirit up a bit Drake.

peace

Date: June 2, 2015 04:48

Naturalust
flacnvinyl

Whew. I kind of know how you feel. I can only say it still worked in Petco Park. Not as much for the spontaneity but for other factors, like how happy and good vibed they seemed, how they actually seemed to rock they standards with enough wobble to keep it interesting, for how good the guitars sounded and of course for Moonlight Mile. I think Columbus was somehow different for alot of reasons not the least of which is they got a bit too comfortable and set the "cruise control" as you suggest.

I hope for your sake and everybody in Nashville's that they will try hard to please that highly musical crowd and that you will experience what I did in San Diego, a feeling that they can still provide a great show and are nowhere near the end. To set the cruise control in front of that Music City crowd would indeed be a mistake. Definitely should have a better idea after the next few shows though.

Hoping they rip a Chuck Berry tune and bring your spirit up a bit Drake.

peace

I can't imagine how it's gonna be in Nashville! Surprisingly we might go down there for the concert. Not positive though. If I do I will make sure to post a lot and keep in touch.

-RS

Date: June 2, 2015 05:04

Hey, RS, have fun in Mpls, and then if you go to Nashville too, great.

You will be able to compare shows!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 2, 2015 06:14

angee
Hey, RS, have fun in Mpls, and then if you go to Nashville too, great.

You will be able to compare shows!

Thanks. We are actually planning to go to Mpls. Milwaukee, and Kansas. Not sure about Nashville though! Where are you going?

-RS

Date: June 2, 2015 06:35

I will be in Milwaukee, RS! Only two shows, Columbus and MKE.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 2, 2015 06:41

Hopefully we will meet. I am very glad to go to Milwaukee considering how small it is...

-RS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 06:41 by RS.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 2, 2015 07:23

flacnvinyl

Drake I'll half agree with you. Not sure they can play much out of their usual 15 song comfort zone. But from what I heard in San Diego. They did play pretty well. their are always flubs. Butbthey followed the script well. Good for the people who can go to show after show and hear teh same songs and find them interesting. Not me. The absolute zero creativity or effort put into playing something different on this tour and have turn into another cash grab is disconcerting.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 2, 2015 09:47

I'd be happy to SEE the Rolling Stones while they're living

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home