Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 10:34

Speaking of private parties, the Stones are still here in San Diego, or were as of a couple of hours ago. They did a private party at the Belly Up, a local live entertainment bar. A local gazillionaire reportedly paid "$2-5 million" to hire them for the evening. The same guy hired Paul McCartney for a private party a year or two ago.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:07

From page one of this thread:

bv
There have been some rumours about NYC show(s) in July but nothing solid as per now, they might not happen.

Last time edited on 2015-05-18 and still a possible New York gig. What is the status of this? Any more rumours still alive? Because it's not removed yet there is still a (little) chance (I hope)......

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:08

skyhawk

bv
There have been some rumours about NYC show(s) in July but nothing solid as per now, they might not happen.

Last time edited on 2015-05-18 and still a possible New York gig. What is the status of this? Any more rumours still alive? Because it's not removed yet there is still a (little) chance (I hope)......

You are strongly advised to befriend a local investment tycoon.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:09

With what happened last night in SD it seems anything can happen in terms of gigs getting added here and there...probably not very "useful" for normal fans though.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:27

Nikkei
skyhawk

bv

You are strongly advised to befriend a local investment tycoon.

Maybe I'm a potential local investment tycoon ......smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 12:32

In that case it's settled: We on IORR will have a party like the one that just happened yesterday. Skyhawk will pay. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:33

Nikkei
In that case it's settled: We on IORR will have a party like the one that just happened yesterday. Skyhawk will pay. >grinning smiley<

it does make one wonder, if we all pooled how much we were willing to pay to see the stones in a private show, what we could come up with...

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:47

200 x 2000 = 400.000 €

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:18

Look for gaps in the upcoming schedule, 4 days or more, and that's where any pop-up club gigs might appear. Either in the town they just played a stadium (San Diego), or in the upcoming town of the next stadium show. The Stones use it as a dress rehearsal. They don't need the money. Most goes to charity anyway.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:27

Gfmsoccer
Look for gaps in the upcoming schedule, 4 days or more, and that's where any pop-up club gigs might appear. Either in the town they just played a stadium (San Diego), or in the upcoming town of the next stadium show. The Stones use it as a dress rehearsal. They don't need the money. Most goes to charity anyway.

I really hope not. I hope they just rest. It would suck if Mick gets vocal problems and has to cancel a stadium appearance because he overextended himself at a club/private gig.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 21:28 by tonyc.

Date: May 28, 2015 22:02

Just received an email fro The Rolling Stones Webstore that reads: "Tickets for the Zip Code tour still available in your area! Get yours now!"
Since the whole tour isn't even remotely near my area, I wonder why they write that? It's clear that tickets to ALL the shows are still available, why keep up that "almost sold out" charade?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:11

Nikkei
Just received an email fro The Rolling Stones Webstore that reads: "Tickets for the Zip Code tour still available in your area! Get yours now!"
Since the whole tour isn't even remotely near my area, I wonder why they write that? It's clear that tickets to ALL the shows are still available, why keep up that "almost sold out" charade?

I get the feeling Indy, KC and Columbus are somewhat hurting in the sales dept.

The almost sold out charade is one of the oldest tricks in the book to try to promote demand and close deals, not at all unexpected in this case. Are you going to catch any of the shows this tour Nikkei?

peace

Date: May 28, 2015 22:16

LOL! I got the very same e-mail! "In your area...". The vikings got around back in the day, but the borders have changed a lot since the 1000s grinning smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 22:19

It's the wrong continent for me. I'd have to stint myself for a flight to the states and can't really justify it, having already seen four shows last year.
My gut tells me that South America is in the works and if I blow all I have now, I definitely can't go there. It's painful, but I will have to resort to the IORR almost-live-experience for this leg of the tour.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:43

Nikkei

I just checked Pitts and Buff and there are plenty of good seats and the ticketmaster seat picker is available too. ?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:19

Turner68
Nikkei

it does make one wonder, if we all pooled how much we were willing to pay to see the stones in a private show, what we could come up with...

Count me in for a IORR private show!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:19

Columbus Lucky Dips are available now. Go to Rollingstones.com and click on tickets. Then clip on Lucky Dip and you will be taken to Ticketmaster.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:22

Re. my experience at Tour Opening Night San Diego, CA May 24, 2015-for what it might be worth to anyone

I was expecting a best-of-the-best kind of show because it's The Stones. I was expecting to be carried to the moon. However,I wasn't expecting it to be so POWERFUL physically& emotionally I feel like my mind was blown to smithereens--in a good way. I've felt sort of shell-shocked for the past couple days--in a good way.

It was beyond the moon, it was beyond the stars. If it had been any better I would've found myself in the hereafter, being greeted by angels at The Pearly Gates of Heaven.

I almost started to cry from happiness within the first 30 seconds.

I paid a small fortune. Within 5 minutes I thought "I'd have paid twice this much if I had to".

I've watched hundreds or so DVD's & you tubes of RS concerts. And I was at one in the '90's in Wisconsin (with horrible seats.) However, either Mick was really pouring it on in every good way or else this just goes to show how you can't know how POWERFUL it is to get the chance to see them up fairly close. Or perhaps it's a bit of both those factors.

And I did notice Keith seemed to me to be very genuinely happy--and Ronnie too. Mick imho came across as really wanting to please the audience very much so. and I think he more than accomplished that.

I'm so thankful for this iorr.org. I would'nt have had a chance in he** to know how to get a good seat, or maybe I wouldn't have even known about the Tour at all, at least not on time to get a decent seat. Plus iorr is how I ended up buying my 2nd ticket. Thank you to all who answered my questions along the way.

P.S. One caveat: in future shows beware of spontaneous spitting on the stage from one of the most least-likely principals (only Charlie would've been more unlikely)-in the future, I hope he isn't spitting into the wind-could be a bad thing for the audience who have probably paid quite a bit to be so close-up...on the other hand, gee, Mick Jagger's DNA on ya..hmmmmm---well, even in that event, die-hard fans might not really mind--- all-in-all just a little extra price to pay for close seats--have to allow for artisitic temperments in this show biz stuff! And real fans, us, we're really such a forgiving type...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(hey my first time using any different font color-I promise it'll just be this one time)

Carolyn G

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 30, 2015 08:13

tauk
Re. my experience at Tour Opening Night San Diego, CA May 24, 2015-for what it might be worth to anyone

I was expecting a best-of-the-best kind of show because it's The Stones. I was expecting to be carried to the moon. However,I wasn't expecting it to be so POWERFUL physically& emotionally I feel like my mind was blown to smithereens--in a good way. I've felt sort of shell-shocked for the past couple days--in a good way.

It was beyond the moon, it was beyond the stars. If it had been any better I would've found myself in the hereafter, being greeted by angels at The Pearly Gates of Heaven.

I almost started to cry from happiness within the first 30 seconds.

I paid a small fortune. Within 5 minutes I thought "I'd have paid twice this much if I had to".

I've watched hundreds or so DVD's & you tubes of RS concerts. And I was at one in the '90's in Wisconsin (with horrible seats.) However, either Mick was really pouring it on in every good way or else this just goes to show how you can't know how POWERFUL it is to get the chance to see them up fairly close. Or perhaps it's a bit of both those factors.

And I did notice Keith seemed to me to be very genuinely happy--and Ronnie too. Mick imho came across as really wanting to please the audience very much so. and I think he more than accomplished that.

I'm so thankful for this iorr.org. I would'nt have had a chance in he** to know how to get a good seat, or maybe I wouldn't have even known about the Tour at all, at least not on time to get a decent seat. Plus iorr is how I ended up buying my 2nd ticket. Thank you to all who answered my questions along the way.

P.S. One caveat: in future shows beware of spontaneous spitting on the stage from one of the most least-likely principals (only Charlie would've been more unlikely)-in the future, I hope he isn't spitting into the wind-could be a bad thing for the audience who have probably paid quite a bit to be so close-up...on the other hand, gee, Mick Jagger's DNA on ya..hmmmmm---well, even in that event, die-hard fans might not really mind--- all-in-all just a little extra price to pay for close seats--have to allow for artisitic temperments in this show biz stuff! And real fans, us, we're really such a forgiving type...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(hey my first time using any different font color-I promise it'll just be this one time)

Carolyn G
Glad you had a great time. I hope to have a great experience in Nashville although, sadly I won't be quite that close. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Date: May 30, 2015 08:45

hey tumblingdice, Thanks & I hope you'll have a great time no matter what.
And not being so close to the stage you won't have to worry about the wind direction that night grinning smiley

I'm not kidding-it was really really noticeable what Mick did & he didn't acknowledge it at all, no smile, no laugh, no wink kind of look from him. It looked like he thinks spitting is just the most logical, natural thing for a lead singer to do in the dead center front of the stage while singing to tens of thousands of people, and being filmed they way they do all their concerts & all the audience with their video cell phones or cameras.

Oh well, I've never understood why any man spits to tell you the truth. Why don't women ever seem to feel the need to do that I wonder.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 30, 2015 09:20

I wasn't close, but I saw on the big screen him spit once during the show. I assumed a bug flew in his mouth or something like that. I've not seem him spit during other shows, even when I was up close enough to see.

Date: May 30, 2015 11:00

JadedFaded
I wasn't close, but I saw on the big screen him spit once during the show. I assumed a bug flew in his mouth or something like that. I've not seem him spit during other shows, even when I was up close enough to see.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To JadedFaded: Hey now, I think you're right...must have been a bug...that makes sense..it was like, whatever made him do it, it happened real real fast. He's singing one second and then bam, he turns halfway around &really spits hard once.

Date: May 30, 2015 14:04

I think that it's more likely that he caught some fur from that atrocious gorilla suit in his mouth. Back in the day when there still was a proper B-stage,
he salivated a lot while singing Oh No Not You Again. Honestly it felt great to be within the reach of that.

Date: May 30, 2015 16:39

spidey9
Speaking of private parties, the Stones are still here in San Diego, or were as of a couple of hours ago. They did a private party at the Belly Up, a local live entertainment bar. A local gazillionaire reportedly paid "$2-5 million" to hire them for the evening. The same guy hired Paul McCartney for a private party a year or two ago.

Too bad #16 wasn't needed...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:38

tauk
And not being so close to the stage you won't have to worry about the wind direction that night grinning smiley

I'm not kidding-it was really really noticeable what Mick did & he didn't acknowledge it at all, no smile, no laugh, no wink kind of look from him. It looked like he thinks spitting is just the most logical, natural thing for a lead singer to do in the dead center front of the stage while singing to tens of thousands of people, and being filmed they way they do all their concerts & all the audience with their video cell phones or cameras.

Oh well, I've never understood why any man spits to tell you the truth. Why don't women ever seem to feel the need to do that I wonder.

Your post here made me smile, tauk. Things like that, I think, do gross women out more than men. But, have to say, I have been spitting mad...just not in front of thousands of people. grinning smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:50

latebloomer
tauk

Your post here made me smile, tauk. Things like that, I think, do gross women out more than men. But, have to say, I have been spitting mad...just not in front of thousands of people. grinning smiley

I assure you it ain't a guy thing. Plenty of tobacco chewing cowgirls in cowboy country and they all spit. It's the guys that aren't afraid to swallow that stuff! grinning smiley And if you've every traveled to places like Micronesia and Indonesia the women and girls all chew betel nut and spit that red juice everywhere! Every sidewalk, bus stop and public place is just littered with red spit marks.

I agree it's kind of gross, pretty shocking to see. Once when we were surfing in the Palau Islands, I was approached by this absolutely beautiful local girl. Something out of a dream. We started talking, she smiled and showed a row of red stained betel nut chewing teeth that scared the crap out of me.

Anyway, glad you had a great time Carolyn, I enjoyed your review.

peace

Date: May 31, 2015 01:39

latebloomer wrote:
Your post here made me smile, tauk. Things like that, I think, do gross women out more than men. But, have to say, I have been spitting mad...just not in front of thousands of people.

To late bloomer: Thanks. Yes, gross is the right word but a bug would be excusable. It was just extra funny coming from Mick, who I just don't see as a spitting guy. smiling smiley

Date: May 31, 2015 01:45

Nikkei
I think that it's more likely that he caught some fur from that atrocious gorilla suit in his mouth. Back in the day when there still was a proper B-stage,
he salivated a lot while singing Oh No Not You Again. Honestly it felt great to be within the reach of that.

I never knew he ever wore a gorilla suit.
When you say Mick salivated a lot do you mean he spit? Did he spit during more than one show? I wonder why that one song would cause him to salivate a lot......Wait a minute....are you just kidding me? If so, I fell for it LOL??confused smiley

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:52

I've been to Elton John concerts where he had a bucket/spitoon next to his piano. He spit into it several times during the show.

Date: May 31, 2015 02:06

Not kidding. He didn't spit on purpose but he was practically foaming as he sang. On the B-stage it was very visible because of the lighting.
By gorilla suit I meant the robe of sorts he wears for SFTD. On the San Diego thread I posted a video because I also was stunned how casually he just let it go eye popping smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home