Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Ram ()
Date: May 25, 2015 22:07

Quick question. Does anyone know if gopros are allowed in the concert as well as the extending arm. Recently saw Jimmy Buffett and was not allowed to bring the extending gopro arm in. I don't want to make the same mistake twice by having to run back to the car and put it away.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 25, 2015 22:21

If you gonna bring one of 'em selfiesticks to the show, chances are you're going to get whipped with it.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:13

I sincerely hope they're not allowed in, or that people won't use them if they are. I have enough trouble seeing the stage at the best of times.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:30

Ram
Quick question. Does anyone know if gopros are allowed in the concert as well as the extending arm. Recently saw Jimmy Buffett and was not allowed to bring the extending gopro arm in. I don't want to make the same mistake twice by having to run back to the car and put it away.

Sometimes my eyes go a little dyslexic and it looked to me at first like you asked "Does anyone know if gropers are allowed in the concert as well as the extending arm."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 23:31 by josepi.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:36

I think in Minnesota they will be allowing gophers in...
It lloks like they even made the Stones tongue(teeth) special for that show.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:40

Leonioid

That will be pretty cool as long as they don't allow the extended gopher arms.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:40

josepi
Ram

Sometimes my eyes go a little dyslexic and it looked to me at first like you asked "Does anyone know if gropers are allowed in the concert as well as the extending arm."

Amen

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:55

josepi
Leonioid

That will be pretty cool as long as they don't allow the extended gopher arms.
:D

gopher tongue

Date: May 26, 2015 01:00

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's the Rolling Stone magazine review of last night's show...(RollingStone.com)

One part that sticks out to me is this statement about Mick Jagger...

Gavin Edwards/Rolling Stone Magazine
What he can't quite bring himself to do is ask the crowd "Are you doing good?" and sound like he means it — whenever he enacts that particular show-biz ritual, the words sound like they've been marinated in sarcasm, suggesting that there is a corner of Jagger's soul that was never touched by show biz. Similarly, when Jagger announced that they would be playing a song selected by fan vote, he told the crowd that the band didn't know the results until they appeared on the screen. "It's a surprise for us," he declared, and then muttered, "If you believe that. . ."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 01:00 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:13

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's the Rolling Stone magazine review of last night's show...(RollingStone.com)

One part that sticks out to me is this statement about Mick Jagger...

Gavin Edwards/Rolling Stone Magazine
What he can't quite bring himself to do is ask the crowd "Are you doing good?" and sound like he means it — whenever he enacts that particular show-biz ritual, the words sound like they've been marinated in sarcasm, suggesting that there is a corner of Jagger's soul that was never touched by show biz. Similarly, when Jagger announced that they would be playing a song selected by fan vote, he told the crowd that the band didn't know the results until they appeared on the screen. "It's a surprise for us," he declared, and then muttered, "If you believe that. . ."

The article is great but the comments bellow it are mostly rubbish.

I was there and it was amazing, don't listen to all the haters.
Sometimes the loudest folks online are just trolling or upset.

It was a great show.

Date: May 26, 2015 01:26

"It's a surprise for us" he declared, and then muttered "if you believe that..."

That's actually classic Jagger right there. Adding sarcasm under his breath and never take the biz too seriously.
He can be sincere though when he's riding an adrenaline high. Compare:

"People sometimes say to us: Why you guys keep doing this and the answer really is we do this because of you! You're the one that comes to the shows,
you're the one that buys our records and WE thank YOU very very much."
sarcastic at Newark

"Thank You so much for coming to all our shows throughout all these years, fifty years or summat we been doin this, thank you so much for coming,
and if this is the first time you ever see the band, do come again, alright?"
sincere at Glastonbury

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 01:42 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:45

They specifically said no Go Pros last night, or professional cameras. Small hand held non professional cameras were fine.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 02:00

Nikkei
"It's a surprise for us" he declared, and then muttered "if you believe that..."

That's actually classic Jagger right there. Adding sarcasm under his breath and never take the biz too seriously.

"People sometimes say to us: Why you guys keep doing this and the answer really is we do this because of you! You're the one that comes to the shows,
sarcastic at Newark

"Thank You so much for coming to all our shows throughout all these years, fifty years or summat we been doin this, thank you so much for coming,
sincere at Glastonbury

great analysis. i love "it's a surprise to us... if you can believe that"... it is reminiscent of the beatles and the stones of the 60s, doing idiotic PR things their managers convinced them to do (like wearing suits) and metaphorically winking at the camera as if to say "we all know this is silly show business bs..."

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 26, 2015 22:10

Turner68
Nikkei

sarcastic at Newark

sincere at Glastonbury

great analysis. i love "it's a surprise to us... if you can believe that"... it is reminiscent of the beatles and the stones of the 60s, doing idiotic PR things their managers convinced them to do (like wearing suits) and metaphorically winking at the camera as if to say "we all know this is silly show business bs..."

Quite true, I think.
I remember 2 or 3 snippets from the tour docus, where Mick asks the camera, mimiking his behaviour on stage "Are you Ha-Ving Fu-Hun?" - or in the back at the mixing table in the studio shouting "Are you alright?" then pointing up to some imaginery stadium upper seats: "'N how about you lot?", then laughing...

Mick is realistic in his sarcasm - don't you ever take that too serious. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll ...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 26, 2015 22:27

waterrats
Turner68
Nikkei

sarcastic at Newark

sincere at Glastonbury

Quite true, I think.
I remember 2 or 3 snippets from the tour docus, where Mick asks the camera, mimiking his behaviour on stage "Are you Ha-Ving Fu-Hun?" - or in the back at the mixing table in the studio shouting "Are you alright?" then pointing up to some imaginery stadium upper seats: "'N how about you lot?", then laughing...

Mick is realistic in his sarcasm - don't you ever take that too serious. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll ...

I quite like Mick's sense of humor. It was plenty prevalent in the documentary "Being Mick". He get's portrayed as a cold calculating businessman too often, but his humor is certainly one of his most endearing qualities.

One thing you don't often see from Mick is true emotion. I think he's probably pretty hardened by the disingenuous people he's been exposed to for so long. It's easy to see where his sarcasm come from. Probably why his earlier work like Let It Loose contained so much emotion and the later stuff is rather void of it. Maybe a song about his daughters or L'Wren could bring some emotion back to the surface.

peace

Date: May 26, 2015 22:54

Mick has so many songs written that he can simply choose one that mirrored his feelings. I truly got that impression when he sang Worried About You
last summer and I remember being very moved by that. If you look at that Glastonbury scene I quoted (before Tumbling Dice) you also see him convey what I'd call true emotion.

"Put those lights on, Patrick"

Date: May 26, 2015 23:08

Nikkei
Mick has so many songs written that he can simply choose one that mirrored his feelings. I truly got that impression when he sang Worried About You
last summer and I remember being very moved by that. If you look at that Glastonbury scene I quoted (before Tumbling Dice) you also see him convey what I'd call true emotion.

"Put those lights on, Patrick"

Sincerity I'll take your word for but true emotion, not quite what I had in mind. Perhaps the short term experience of the emotion of gratitude is what you are referring to and I'll buy that as well, but it's more likely Mick is in full on performance (acting) mode when on stage so it's hard to tell since he's so good at it.

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:12

keith standing on stage with his arthritic hands, body stiffened by age, naturally greying/white and thinning hair, unsure of what song comes next, singing "slipping away" is true emotion to me. i think the song is one of the most honest ones they've written, and i do read into the fact that he chose to play it on this tour.

Date: May 26, 2015 23:14

Watch the whole warhorse run. You see him crack up and shake his head like he can't believe how great the whole thing is working out. Call it the emotion of a triumphant homecoming. Or wait, that sounds selfish again.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:31

I was there and I thought the show especially for a opening night was excellent! I've never heard them sound so good on a opening night usually there is quite a bit of rust I did not hear any really! I think there is going to be some epic show's on this run before they hit that magic number of 7 or so in!

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:25

Stones Zip Code Tour/Opening Night
video: [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 05:26 by StonesHood.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 27, 2015 07:50

Turner68
Nikkei

sarcastic at Newark

sincere at Glastonbury

I think the Newark comment was a genuine thank you.

Date: May 27, 2015 09:38

swimtothemoon
Turner68
Nikkei

sarcastic at Newark

sincere at Glastonbury

I think the Newark comment was a genuine thank you.

Me too. Why wouldn't it have been? confused smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 15:42

Do you have the video of it? Then go look at it. Genuine looks different and I had to come up with an example that points out the difference.
You could also go with Hyde Park where he made a comment in a similar context which ended with "...we really appreciate!" That's so insincere you can taste it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 15:43 by Nikkei.

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:50

LUCKY DIPS back up for Columbus

Date: May 28, 2015 00:05

Nikkei
Do you have the video of it? Then go look at it. Genuine looks different and I had to come up with an example that points out the difference.
You could also go with Hyde Park where he made a comment in a similar context which ended with "...we really appreciate!" That's so insincere you can taste it.

Yes, I've got the video, and I've looked at it. And I was at Hyde Park. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Date: May 28, 2015 00:12

Hey, that's all right. Let's just hope he doesn't break out a sincere "Thanks for supporting us" at the birthday party tonight smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:05

Good grief. It finally occurred to me - they're playing only 8 shows in June!

Date: May 28, 2015 01:22

Yeah, there's another big gap between Orlando and Nashville. Perhaps a private show at an assisted living facility in Florida is scheduled.

Date: May 28, 2015 01:23

GasLightStreet
Good grief. It finally occurred to me - they're playing only 8 shows in June!

Plenty of time to pick up a few extra millions playing private parties along the way...

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home