Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:15

Well, what can you do but skip that part, if you want...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:20

JumpinJeppeFlash
Kurt
Warm Up bands being announced now.

Pittsburgh gets AWOLNATION...
Detroit gets Walk The Moon...
Columbus gets Kid Rock...
Orlando gets The Temperance Movement...
Buffalo gets St. Paul & The Broken Bones...
Atlanta gets St. Paul & The Broken Bones...
Raleigh gets The Avett Brothers...
Milwaukee gets Buddy Guy...
Arlington gets Grace Potter...
Minneapolis gets Grace Potter...
Nashville gets Brad Paisley...
Kansas City gets Ed Sheeran...

Kid Rock?

My god, poor suckers in Columbus.

I think i will throw up now...

What! He is by far the best of the opening acts. He will ROCK

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:08

The Avett Brothers, Buddy Guy and Brad Paisley are by far the best opening acts announced so far. They should get Tame Impala on the bill for Indianapolis! Or White Denim.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:15

Naturalust
flacnvinyl
@jazzbass thank you for posting that info. Your source on the stage makes me curious about the wings. Many stadium maps have the edges of the floor notched.

Could be a VERY good thing for people who bought tickets where the wings will be extended. If your seats areas are taken up you will be instantly upgraded to kick ass seats up front.

peace

That would be my hope. My ticket for Raleigh, could be impacted if this comes to fruition.

Posted by: dczuma ()
Date: May 20, 2015 21:44

AWOLNATION and Walk the Moon are the best you can do?? Shafted

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:24

dczuma

I am shocked that those bands made it. We've come a long way since ZZ Top and the Fabulous Thunderbirds.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:37

flacnvinyl
dczuma

I am shocked that those bands made it. We've come a long way since ZZ Top and the Fabulous Thunderbirds.

Yeah, nothing personal against those bands, but after looking up their music last night they don't fit the profile at all. Was hoping against hope for some kind of blues/rock/country throwback opener.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:34

flacnvinyl
dczuma

Have the T birds or ZZ Top opened for the stones in the past?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:37

swimtothemoon
flacnvinyl
dczuma

Some dates in 1981 if I recall correctly

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:52

ZZ Top also opened in Helsinki in 2003.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:09

Leonioid
swimtothemoon
flacnvinyl
dczuma

Some dates in 1981 if I recall correctly

Both bands would have fit well. Love that Jimmie Vaughn from the Tbirds!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:08

To everyone attending one or a couple of shows or even the whole tour : have fun and a great time.

Date: May 21, 2015 16:59

flacnvinyl
The Avett Brothers, Buddy Guy and Brad Paisley are by far the best opening acts announced so far. They should get Tame Impala on the bill for Indianapolis! Or White Denim.

Check out Grace Potter. Wonderful set of vocal pipes and easy on the eyes.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:33

First snippets

Brown Sugar + Moonlight Mile
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 22:13 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: May 21, 2015 20:00

BV, any ideas or pics on what the tour merch looks like?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 21:01

stonesmuziekfan
First snippets

[www.youtube.com]

Jumping Jack Flash
[www.youtube.com]

That JJF isn't from this tour. And at the risk of being pummeled here I'm going to be totally honest and say the BS and MM clip wasn't very good, I get the feeling it will be replaced pretty quickly. eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:14

Too hasty .... indeed JJF is not from L.A.

Date: May 21, 2015 23:45

I'd like the gut-punch opinion from any of the "I've attended 1000 Stones shows" pros on this:

What are chances they play BOTH I've Got The Blues & Moonlight Mile in the same set at a stadium show this summer?

Love entire album, but would really love to hear both of those on a warm summer night...The same night.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:50

Snoopy
I'd like the gut-punch opinion from any of the "I've attended 1000 Stones shows" pros on this:

What are chances they play BOTH I've Got The Blues & Moonlight Mile in the same set at a stadium show this summer?

Love entire album, but would really love to hear both of those on a warm summer night...The same night.

I would guess that opening night is the best chance of hearing them and if the audience reacts very well then Jagger will keep some these types of numbers in for later shows... but...

I am not all that optimistic of seeing much rare stuff at my shows which are later in the mini tour... and I do not begrudge Jagger for that, he knows what he is doing and he needs the audience reacting as he hopes... and when (he percieves) they are not then those songs are dissappeared.

Date: May 22, 2015 00:00

Leonioid
Snoopy

I would guess that opening night is the best chance of hearing them and if the audience reacts very well then Jagger will keep some these types of numbers in for later shows... but...

I am not all that optimistic of seeing much rare stuff at my shows which are later in the mini tour... and I do not begrudge Jagger for that, he knows what he is doing and he needs the audience reacting as he hopes... and when (he percieves) they are not then those songs are dissappeared.

thanks

Date: May 22, 2015 00:14

Wowza.. A poster from last night's show starting bid at $299 on ebay

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:38

Snoopy
Leonioid
Snoopy

thanks

I am thinking they might play Rock Me Baby as BB King tribute at all/most shows.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 13:52

I am going to four more Zip Codes (ATL ORL Nash Raleigh). I was considering going to Columbus and also see Tim Darryl Benard... My question is how is the vibe around the shows IORRers are going to. What Stones related activities or pre or after parties or events would it be worth going to that city for.

Help me out.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 22, 2015 14:07

Moonlight Mile sounded like shit but maybe Im wrong.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 15:56

Naturalust
stonesmuziekfan
First snippets

[www.youtube.com]

Jumping Jack Flash
[www.youtube.com]

That JJF isn't from this tour. And at the risk of being pummeled here I'm going to be totally honest and say the BS and MM clip wasn't very good, I get the feeling it will be replaced pretty quickly. eye popping smiley

peace

No, that's how the Stones sound nowadays. smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:47

For those who say that the BS/MM Clip sound like shit:

Its a soundboard recording!!

The mix was made for the audience to sound good in that certain room on that PA - in addition to the actual sound from the stage. Usually when you hear soundboard recordings on small speakers or headphones it sound lifeless and flat. You don't have room-informations and it's too dynamic for hearing it as low volumes. And that's the case with the video sound.

BUT: In comparison to other sb recordings I heard from the last years, it sounds very good! Especially Brown Sugar sounds very tight and Micks singing is as great as it was on the whole tour last year. Yes - he sung the "lying" to low but hey are you really complaining about one note?

Why they uploaded the video with soundboard audio? Because they wanted to show you a pro shot video immediately after the concert, but of course it takes a while to do a proper mix.

So please wait until the release and then you can say if it's good or not.
With the usual eqing and compression and room-mics in the mix, it will sound as if you were in the club.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:51

You make absolute sense but the "Whoo" is way too loud for a live soundboard as well. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:55

any idea what the Stones are up to next week? I assume they are staying in Los Angeles...any TV or promo appearances?

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:57

Whatever the mix might be, the comparable "next day" BS clip from Echoplex seemed a lot more guitar-centric than this small show. Little too much added spice that takes away from them here.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:21

StonesCat
Whatever the mix might be, the comparable "next day" BS clip from Echoplex seemed a lot more guitar-centric than this small show. Little too much added spice that takes away from them here.
-which was a audience-recording!
When you play in a small club with amps turned-up loud, they are already loud enough so that the guitars on the actual PA-mix are turned down.
And because it's a soundboard mix, Mick's voice peaks a little bit out and the guitars are too quiet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home