Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:43

Just got an update from my buddy at Clair Brothers in Lititz where the trucks rolled out on Saturday evening with the stage for the trip cross country to San Diego. They are definitely only using one stage for the tour with the exception of Milwaukee or any club shows.

He said the stage is unique in that it has a facia frame surrounding the main stage and wings similar to the licks tour (IIRC), except this one wasn't designed with fan seating in the actual stage set up itself.

He said there are thousands of LED lights in the facia and stage surround and that there was a tech on site programing the lighting cues and arrays from 1 pm until 7 am for 7 days straight.

Blows my mind how much goes into a tour like this and how much gets done seemingly last minute.

No one from the core band showed up the whole week that the stage was there but security remained very tight with all techs having to check their camera phones at arrival each day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 04:09 by jazzbass.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:51

Thanks jazzbass for that cool update.

peace

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:52

jazzbass
Just got an update from my buddy at Clair Brothers in Lititz where the trucks rolled out on Saturday evening with the stage for the trip cross country to San Diego. They are definitely only using one stage for the tour with the exception of Milwaukee or any club shows.

He said the stage is unique in that it has a facia frame surrounding the main stage and wings similar to the licks tour (IIRC), except this one wasn't designed with fan seating in the actual stage set up itself.

He said there are thousands of LED lights in the facia and stage surround and that there was a tech on site programing the lighting cues and arrays from 1 pm until 7 am for 7 days straight.

Blows my mind how much goes into a tour like this and how much gets done seemingly last minute.

No one from the core band showed up the whole 2 weeks that the stage was there but security remained very tight with all techs having to check their camera phones at arrival each day.

Actual, useful, well-sourced information. Refreshing!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:15

Thinking about that stage is giving me a clue...

South America, I would bet mucho they are coming your way soon.
I doubt they built a stage like that for only 15 shows...

And San Diego, be out by the stadium 3-4 days nights before,
you can be sure Mick and the gang will be out playing with on their new toy.

Thanks for the tip jazzbass... COOL!!!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:41

jazzbass

No one from the core band showed up the whole week that the stage was there but security remained very tight with all techs having to check their camera phones at arrival each day.

Cool! Thanks very much for the info

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 13:18

jazzbass

The clue that Mick and Charlie didn't come to take a look at it tells me we've seen this stage before.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 16:39

Ticketmaster is playing with the seats again; some $403's are going to the $170 range. They have a one upgrade per order policy, you need the last 4 of your credit card and to know the phone number on your TM account (or be calling from that phone) when you call. Even with Buffalo not on the list of supported exchange policy venues, they upgraded me with no difficulty.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread...be nice. I just simply asked for a one-time upgrade in the same price range.

Hope my lucky dips in Columbus are in the hard to sell expensive seats!

From their website:
Exchanges
Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event.

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for TM+ events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 19, 2015 16:57

Do you have an email, or anything from TM, regarding your ticket exchange?

Date: May 19, 2015 17:23

MingSubu
Do you have an email, or anything from TM, regarding your ticket exchange?

Yes...but just directions to save tickets as PDF and print

Date: May 19, 2015 17:28

So you have an email saying your Buffalo tickets were exchanged?

Block out all important info and post the email. I curious to see TM's email stating an exchange for Buffalo.

I just don't believe it, but I hope I am wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 17:29 by MingSubu.

Date: May 19, 2015 18:07

MingSubu

Block out all important info and post the email. I curious to see TM's email stating an exchange for Buffalo.

It looks just like an order email, doesn't even reference that there was an exchange. The policy from their website I pasted originally is more relevant really. Even though Ralph Wilson Stadium isn't on the list of venues who allow exchanges, if you call and nicely but directly say, 'I would like to request 'MY' one time upgrade in the same price range' there's nothing they can say to stop you since you're basically quoting their policy to them and you're claiming ownership of an upgrade that you're entitled to. You might get someone who checks that list of venues and denies you (in which case call back), or you may get someone who figures its easier to just let you have what you want. Or, ticket sales for the expensive seats are not going great and they figure to please the paying customer. I can't believe I am praising the behemoth that is Ticketmaster, but they were a pleasure to deal with in this case.

Your The Rolling Stones - ZIP CODE tickets are attached (Order number {same order number as original number})

Y O U R T I C K E T S A R E A T T A C H E D...etc etc etc

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:36

I managed to upgrade Buffalo too. At first they said, they couldn't, then they said they would have to get the promoter's permission and it would take 3-5 days. I thought that would be the end of it, but I did get an email a few days later telling me I could upgrade. Of course, the seat I wanted had gone by that time - they offered me a not-much-better-than-I-already-had upgrade, with a deadline by which to reply. I ignored the email, kept looking for a seat I wanted and when one came up I called them and they upgraded me no problem.

syrel

Date: May 19, 2015 19:20

syrel
I managed to upgrade Buffalo too. At first they said, they couldn't, then they said they would have to get the promoter's permission and it would take 3-5 days. I thought that would be the end of it, but I did get an email a few days later telling me I could upgrade. Of course, the seat I wanted had gone by that time - they offered me a not-much-better-than-I-already-had upgrade, with a deadline by which to reply. I ignored the email, kept looking for a seat I wanted and when one came up I called them and they upgraded me no problem.

syrel

SWEET!!! Congratulations

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:50

Yes upgrades are open across the board even in Indy.

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:11

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from Section F6 row EE to Section F3 row M same seats (5&6) for the Orlando show for approximately $30 more for each ticket. TM first gave me a refund then I went out and re-purchased the new tickets.

Date: May 19, 2015 21:18

jasona93
MingSubu

It looks just like an order email, doesn't even reference that there was an exchange. The policy from their website I pasted originally is more relevant really. Even though Ralph Wilson Stadium isn't on the list of venues who allow exchanges, if you call and nicely but directly say, 'I would like to request 'MY' one time upgrade in the same price range' there's nothing they can say to stop you since you're basically quoting their policy to them and you're claiming ownership of an upgrade that you're entitled to. You might get someone who checks that list of venues and denies you (in which case call back), or you may get someone who figures its easier to just let you have what you want. Or, ticket sales for the expensive seats are not going great and they figure to please the paying customer. I can't believe I am praising the behemoth that is Ticketmaster, but they were a pleasure to deal with in this case.

Your The Rolling Stones - ZIP CODE tickets are attached (Order number {same order number as original number})

Y O U R T I C K E T S A R E A T T A C H E D...etc etc etc

Ive called several times, even asking for supervisors. They wouldn't do it. So that is why I'm doubting you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 21:18 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:02

Did you buy in a presale, MingSubu? I seem to recall reading somewhere that tickets bought in presales can't be upgraded? On the other hand, TM doesn't seem to know its own policies. I would never feel 100% confident of anything they say in response to queries.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:18

I bought in the presale, so that is not the answer.

Mingsubu, I suggest you say to them 'I have been told that you are able to ask the promoter if they are willing to authorise an upgrade, can you make a request to the promoter for me', and see what happens.

syrel

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:25

I made an upgrade call for Buffalo and they did mention that "presales" were not eligible for an upgrade.
Then, TM said Buffalo could not upgrade at all. I didn't push it, but intend to call back if something really good opens. I am in section B, so in a good spot already.

Tried to upgrade for KC and TM said this was possible, but there were no better locations for my price range. I see some sections in KC are slowly dropping, so I will be looking at this one more closely.

Sounds promising from the experiences posted here recently.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:55

Warm Up bands being announced now.

Pittsburgh gets AWOLNATION...
Detroit gets Walk The Moon...
Columbus gets Kid Rock...
Orlando gets The Temperance Movement...
Buffalo gets St. Paul & The Broken Bones...
Atlanta gets St. Paul & The Broken Bones...
Raleigh gets The Avett Brothers...
Milwaukee gets Buddy Guy...
Arlington gets Grace Potter...
Minneapolis gets Grace Potter...
Nashville gets Brad Paisley...
Kansas City gets Ed Sheeran...

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 00:39 by Kurt.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:05

Please not true!!!! What is a walk the moon?

(Kid Rock is cool though)

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:45

And that's all I know
winking smiley

Date: May 20, 2015 00:59

Beast
Did you buy in a presale, MingSubu? I seem to recall reading somewhere that tickets bought in presales can't be upgraded? On the other hand, TM doesn't seem to know its own policies. I would never feel 100% confident of anything they say in response to queries.

I got my Buffalo, Quebec City and Detroit tickets during the general sale. Pittsburgh and Columbus were bought during the presale.

Just tried again. I was very polite, mentioned their policy and that others were saying they were able to exchange for Buffalo. TM rep and her manager/super said no exchanges for Buffalo.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:15

Leonioid

yeah, finally some inside info on here!
I'm in San Diego. The Padres play Thursday night, so they cant even begin to get in there until Friday. Which means, the Stones might rehearse on this new stage Saturday some time. I doubt they would hit it cold for the 1st time Sunday. Lighting & sound have to be tested a lot in a damp, outdoor stadium.

Date: May 20, 2015 02:40

Gfmsoccer
Leonioid

yeah, finally some inside info on here!
I'm in San Diego. The Padres play Thursday night, so they cant even begin to get in there until Friday. Which means, the Stones might rehearse on this new stage Saturday some time. I doubt they would hit it cold for the 1st time Sunday. Lighting & sound have to be tested a lot in a damp, outdoor stadium.

Hmmmmmm.... I lost track of time, TICK TOCK!
They are really pushing things to get the stage built and have
enough time to practice using playing on the new stage at Petco.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:44

Kurt

I am going to Milwaukee and I love Buddy Guy! Any news for San Diego?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:50

I see the opening act thread now. Gary Clark Jr. For San Diego. Excellent!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:45

@jazzbass thank you for posting that info. Your source on the stage makes me curious about the wings. Many stadium maps have the edges of the floor notched.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 20, 2015 05:24

flacnvinyl
@jazzbass thank you for posting that info. Your source on the stage makes me curious about the wings. Many stadium maps have the edges of the floor notched.

Could be a VERY good thing for people who bought tickets where the wings will be extended. If your seats areas are taken up you will be instantly upgraded to kick ass seats up front.

peace

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:28

Kurt

Kid Rock?

My god, poor suckers in Columbus.

I think i will throw up now...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home