Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 14, 2015 04:09

Please do NOT use this thread for trading tickets. Such posts here will be deleted. There is a separate All Sold Out ticket trading forum as linked up from the home page:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 14, 2015 07:40

10 days to go!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 14, 2015 13:19

I hope they show a pic of Taylor with a sticker on it: you left in 1974 get over it! And then all the true fans can laugh at him and watch Mick dance.

Yes, I'm joking. Don't report me.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 14, 2015 17:54

Redhotcarpet
I hope they show a pic of Taylor with a sticker on it: you left in 1974 get over it! And then all the true fans can laugh at him and watch Mick dance.

you mean for attempts at humor that fall well short? Don't worry, you won't get in trouble for that.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 14, 2015 23:11

Rokyfan
Redhotcarpet

you mean for attempts at humor that fall well short? Don't worry, you won't get in trouble for that.

No I mean for poor attempts at sarcasm.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 15, 2015 02:55

Rokyfan
Redhotcarpet

The second post is pretty funny!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 16, 2015 05:49

Anyone have any idea by when they will have the stage set up in San Diego, and thus might add some seats once the configuration is established?

plexi

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:37

there are seats right now

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:41

timbernardis
Anyone have any idea by when they will have the stage set up in San Diego, and thus might add some seats once the configuration is established?

plexi

Excellent question! Looks like the stage construction will happen after the Padres Thursday night game, they'll probably start as soon as the game crowd clears and be done enough to know about seating sometime Friday. I'm guessing production seats will be released Saturday morning but possibly as early as Friday afternoon. A good time to pick up some possibly GREAT seats near the stage at face value.

peace

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:51

What are production seats?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 16, 2015 08:13

tauk
What are production seats?
Carolyn those are seats they fit in after they set everything up.

Once the stage and the lighting and sound board areas are set then
they set up the seats that are on the seating charts... and then they
take a look at it all and if there some big empty areas they add seats.

These can be off to the sides or maybe add some rows behind the back rows.

Additionally most bands always hold 50-200+ seats for VIPs who may
beg for good seats as favors or benefits... and if all of these
"hold seats" are not distributed then they release them at the box office.
Most bands hold these back knowing there is little risk, they will sell.

If you are looking check for these tickets to be released
5-1 days before the show... some times the day of the show.

Have that box office phone number handy and call it... or keep walking to it.

Many many many times I have obtained these tickets which has added
to my habit of waiting until the last minute to obtain tickets.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 16, 2015 15:14

This may be in the wrong thread, but I'll try here first. I just lost my wallet. I have Lucky Dips for Atlanta and now my credit card number will be different.

Will I still be able to get the LDs.

Any knowledge, experience or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 16, 2015 17:01

onlystones
This may be in the wrong thread, but I'll try here first. I just lost my wallet. I have Lucky Dips for Atlanta and now my credit card number will be different.

This happens all the time. Call Ticketmaster and they will take care of it (call them after you have the new #). Use the customer service # (800-653-8000), and be sure to have the last 4 digits of the credit card # you used for the order (the stolen one) and your order #. If your show was not sold through TM, I'm sure the other ticketing agencies can handle this as well.

Date: May 16, 2015 18:37

onlystones

Would you please be sure to let us know what they said, in case anyone else needs this advice.

e.g. who you called that could help, what they said, how it was resolved... etc etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 18:38 by Leonioid.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:54

I just got back from Saturday morning errands. Thanks to all who responded with suggestions. I am getting on the situation now. I will let you know how I was or was not able to rectify the situation.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 17, 2015 09:33

What about the rumored shows in LA where they would play the entire SF album?

Posted by: thehighwayterror ()
Date: May 17, 2015 09:47

does anyone have any info on which songs the band is rehearsing for the tour ?

Really hoping for Ruby Tuesday, Monkey Man, Heartbreaker, Gimme Shelter and 2000 Light years from home.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 17, 2015 11:25

Merely a week to go!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 17, 2015 22:01

The Festival Forecaster blog's been quiet, but an update posted today has some intel/rumors:

The Stones in Hollywood...

The Rolling Stones, set to kick off their North American tour one week from today, are busy rehearsing in the Los Angeles area, and are set to play a warm-up gig or two in that city this week. We believe that the first of two events will be going down Wednesday night at the historic Fonda Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. Tickets to this (these) show(s) will not be easy to come by, as the venue fits just 1,200 people, and we're not sure that many (or any) will be made available to the public. We're also not sure that the Fonda is the place to line up for them - tickets may be sold instead at the El Rey or the Roxy, among other places (maybe you'll have to pull one out of a hat at the Magic Castle) - if anyone asks, tell them you're just waiting on some friends. Watch the band's twitter tomorrow morning for a special announcement, though that seems more likely to discuss the recording of a new Rolling Stones record than to contain any details regarding these theatre gigs.

...and Elsewhere

If you don't make the surprise Stones gig in LA, you won't necessarily have missed your chance to see them in a smaller venue this summer. We expect at least one more surprise gig in and around the coming stadium tour, and perhaps several, primarily in the major cities that the band is skipping this time around North America. Chicago, for instance, could see a surprise appearance during the five nights off between the first two shows in late May, or perhaps the four in mid-June, coincident with the great Chicago Blues Festival, though that period would also be ripe for a surprise gig in New Orleans between shows in Orlando and Nashville. As we have said for months, we believe the New York area will see an appearance on June 18th as part of the big Live Earth event, and perhaps additional shows tacked onto the end of the tour (the 7/20-29 timeframe looks ripest), though we no longer quite expect the latter. Once the tour is over, we also expect a celebratory return to Toronto, perhaps at historic Massey Hall around the last weekend of July. And don't be shocked by a more abbreviated return to the States next year, perhaps in the spring.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:50

And the news has officially reached Alaska! Just heard Mick & Keith on the radio today promoting Zip Code tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:26

bye bye johnny
The Festival Forecaster blog's been quiet, but an update posted today has some intel/rumors:

though that seems more likely to discuss the recording of a new Rolling Stones record than to contain any details regarding these theatre gigs.

...and Elsewhere

WHAT is this all about?????????

Date: May 18, 2015 12:30

bitusa2012
bye bye johnny

though that seems more likely to discuss the recording of a new Rolling Stones record than to contain any details regarding these theatre gigs.

...and Elsewhere

WHAT is this all about?????????

The recording-thing seems to be lots of journalists mis-reading eachother's interviews with Mick and Keith.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:34

There's a blank line in the ZIP TOUR Grid above San Diego

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 12:35 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:35

Mick at rehearsals!

(UPS - that was 2 days ago, I'm very sorry - haven't seen the pic before, somehow. Hope you don't mind!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 19:09 by waterrats.

Posted by: Keef551 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:13

The Fonda moved Wednesday nights act to another location. My gut tells me it's on.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:19

Does anyone know where the $420 seats are? I can get 4 "industry" seats for Petco but don't know the section.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:33

waterrats
Mick at rehearsals!

(UPS - that was 2 days ago, I'm very sorry - haven't seen the pic before, somehow. Hope you don't mind!)

So not only are they in the compound with the bay door facing north (away from the street), but you can see they've fenced off the outside part so even the people who work there can't see into the unit. And the Stones booked out every other studio in the complex until the 22nd, so you can't even rent a neighboring studio and listen in.

Posted by: Half Nanker ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:08

My office overlooks Petco Park and based on the baseball team activity there today, I'd say by Wednesday afternoon the trucks will be rolling in and sometime Friday see the assemblance of the floor seating.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:46

<<so you can't even rent a neighboring studio and listen in>>

Wasn't there a tweet from a band who said they were rehearsing next door?

Date: May 19, 2015 03:36

Half Nanker
My office overlooks Petco Park and based on the baseball team activity there today, I'd say by Wednesday afternoon the trucks will be rolling in and sometime Friday see the assemblance of the floor seating.

Any chance you might post some pictures as it all starts to move? Please :)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home