Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:39

71Tele
Hope everyone enjoys the Fvck You Mick Taylor/One Last Cash Grab Tour.
We will. Thanks.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:20

I really hope Mick will have a short video on the screen during the show to
remember Bobby keys.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:28

good idea

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:16

71Tele

Stones live on stage. Yup, I'll be enjoying the hell out of it, as I always do. Can't wait. Seeing a bunch of shows.
I'm there to see Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Woody.....the guys I saw the first time I saw the Stones on stage in '75.
Hope it's not the last tour of the US...but you never know.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:31

babyblue
remember Bobby keys.

I think you can count on that...during Brown Sugar.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 12, 2015 03:55

treaclefingers
babyblue
remember Bobby keys.

Nice idea

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 12, 2015 09:54

More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers
babyblue
remember Bobby keys.

Nice idea

I'm choking up already. sad smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 12, 2015 10:52

I was thinking along the same lines - uplifting/happy photos & video of Bobby on the big screen as Brown Sugar draws to a close. Nothing forlorn, just celebratory! Paying tribute towards the end of BS wouldn't encroach on Karl Denson's big moment and I think the audience would respond w/ extra loud cheers. Bobby had such a cool, swingin' way of dancing between solos and I'd love it if they would show some footage of him moving & grooving in sync to BS as part of the tribute. Also, IMO, this would be a nice closing shot for the final chord:

Date: May 12, 2015 10:54

OK, that finished me off. sad smileysad smileysad smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:03

71Tele

I will!! Not in north or South America, but in Europe 2016, hopefully !!!
Jeroen

Date: May 12, 2015 11:20

Aquamarine

Triple blue frownie sad, that's a major statement - do you think it would be best to avoid all pics/video/mention of Bobby, however celebratory in nature? Would it just be too much of a downer for you (and perhaps others)? I ask because it never even occurred to me that Bobby's fans might respond to an upbeat tribute w/ sadness and I'd like to better understand the flipside.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 12, 2015 12:19

Rumours about any club gig before the main tour? Only 12 days to go now...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 12, 2015 15:21

Stoneage
Rumours about any club gig before the main tour? Only 12 days to go now...

Have a look in the San Diego thread (which is where Cocaine Eyes' posts finished up).

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 18:02

Bobby Keys was also part of Joe Cockers Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour. The album from this tour is FANTASTIC!!!

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: May 12, 2015 18:45

...me too!sad smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 12, 2015 19:27

corriecas
71Tele

Jeroen

...Ziggodome, no doubt. smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:01

RoughJusticeOnYa
corriecas
71Tele

Jeroen

No.
I got banned for mentioning the Z name for a while.
I will be seeing them in Lndon, 2016. Hopefully.
Jeroen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:42

Plink
Aquamarine

Triple blue frownie sad, that's a major statement - do you think it would be best to avoid all pics/video/mention of Bobby, however celebratory in nature? Would it just be too much of a downer for you (and perhaps others)? I ask because it never even occurred to me that Bobby's fans might respond to an upbeat tribute w/ sadness and I'd like to better understand the flipside.

Plink, I don't know, good question, and in any case, what a fabulous photo of the man.

I think a brief tribute could work okay, just to commemorate.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 13, 2015 02:36

Plink
Aquamarine

Let's just say that the last thing I expected here was sarcasm. Hard to imagine a tribute that wouldn't be emotional, because the point of even an upbeat tribute is obviously to mark the fact that the man is gone. Emotions are complicated things. (Do people avoid sad films because they make them cry buckets? Not in my experience.)

(Or are you possibly misinterpreting my response here?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 04:54 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 13, 2015 02:36

Will Choirs be signing YCAGWYW again this tour? I remember one choir in Ohio said they were, but haven't heard of any others. You'd think we'd know of the San Diego one, as they'd already be rehearsing the song. But nothing's leaked here in SD.

Date: May 13, 2015 07:41

Aquamarine
Plink
Aquamarine

Let's just say that the last thing I expected here was sarcasm. Hard to imagine a tribute that wouldn't be emotional, because the point of even an upbeat tribute is obviously to mark the fact that the man is gone. Emotions are complicated things. (Do people avoid sad films because they make them cry buckets? Not in my experience.)

I enjoy your posts on this board very much. Please know that it was never my intention to cause offense, but obviously I have, and for that I apologize. At first, I couldn’t figure out why you interpreted my post as sarcastic. Now, I think it may be because I referenced your triple blue frownies as a major statement and used the word "downer". If that is indeed the case, please know that I intended no snark whatsoever. I truly think the frownies are an emphatic statement (a statement, it seemed to me, in opposition to a tribute due to the sad vibe it may create). Of course, per the question you raised, I may very well have misinterpreted your frownie post. As for the word "downer", it was merely the first word that came to mind to describe a sad experience. All I can say is that my post was written with sincerity to learn more about the possible downside to including a tribute. I’m a big Bobby fan and would never intentionally inject sarcasm or negativity into a post about honoring him.

Date: May 13, 2015 09:12

Plink
Aquamarine
Plink
Aquamarine

I enjoy your posts on this board very much. Please know that it was never my intention to cause offense, but obviously I have, and for that I apologize. At first, I couldn’t figure out why you interpreted my post as sarcastic. Now, I think it may be because I referenced your triple blue frownies as a major statement and used the word "downer". If that is indeed the case, please know that I intended no snark whatsoever. I truly think the frownies are an emphatic statement (a statement, it seemed to me, in opposition to a tribute due to the sad vibe it may create). Of course, per the question you raised, I may very well have misinterpreted your frownie post. As for the word "downer", it was merely the first word that came to mind to describe a sad experience. All I can say is that my post was written with sincerity to learn more about the possible downside to including a tribute. I’m a big Bobby fan and would never intentionally inject sarcasm or negativity into a post about honoring him.

Plink, let's hug and make up. smiling smiley I think we have both been victims of tone not always being clear via the internet.

For the record, all I meant was that your tribute idea, which was perfectly fine, had made me all choked up. But I can handle being choked up in a good cause!

Anyway, sorry to have misread your intention. If we ever meet at a show, the first round is on me. smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 13, 2015 11:04

corriecas
RoughJusticeOnYa
corriecas
71Tele

Jeroen

No.
I got banned for mentioning the Z name for a while.
I will be seeing them in Lndon, 2016. Hopefully.
Jeroen

>grinning smiley< smileys with beer

...cYa there, hopefully!

Date: May 13, 2015 11:14

Aquamarine

Plink, let's hug and make up. smiling smiley I think we have both been victims of tone not always being clear via the internet.

For the record, all I meant was that your tribute idea, which was perfectly fine, had made me all choked up. But I can handle being choked up in a good cause!

Anyway, sorry to have misread your intention. If we ever meet at a show, the first round is on me. smileys with beer

Deal! smileys with beer And thanks for that lovely post ^^^smiling smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 15:36

71Tele
I will, thanks!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 13, 2015 16:40

Not only will I enjoy the heck out of it, but 1) I hope there are more cash grabs ahead that I can enjoy and 2) I'm delighted that Mick Taylor won't be there.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:08

keefmick
Not only will I enjoy the heck out of it, but 1) I hope there are more cash grabs ahead that I can enjoy and 2) I'm delighted that Mick Taylor won't be there.

I'll bite -- why are you delighted?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:30

just poking a little fun at the haters on the board--just enjoy the shows and be thankful the boys are touring with or without Mick Taylor--if you are unhappy about no Mick Taylor, or the setlists, or the prices, it's very simple--don't go! the unrestrained negativity astounds me

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:45

keefmick
just poking a little fun at the haters on the board--just enjoy the shows and be thankful the boys are touring with or without Mick Taylor--if you are unhappy about no Mick Taylor, or the setlists, or the prices, it's very simple--don't go! the unrestrained negativity astounds me
THIS ^^^

as the kids these days say...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:13

keefmick

Amen.

1972 called and said to please leave it's guitarist be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 04:40 by Woz.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home